Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!

I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings
to English, US.  However, my spell checker is marking everything in red.
When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words.
The spell checker says Spanish, US.  I go back, all setting say English.
Default language is set to English.  I don't know what else to try.

Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab |
Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may
have to select the whole document and manually apply the correct one by using
the Language dialog box.

For more on language formatting, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lcolter" <lcolter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings
> to English, US.  However, my spell checker is marking everything in red.
> When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words.
> The spell checker says Spanish, US.  I go back, all setting say English.
> Default language is set to English.  I don't know what else to try.

1
Stefan

Please help me!
Like an idiot, I followed my husband's advice and signed into MSN Messenger through ebuddy.com. I didn't like it, and now I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It shows the link on Messenger while I'm signed out. Such a pest! Can you help me? I can't find any answers through Googling it. ...

OL Setup help?
WXP SP2 PRO IE 6 I have been using OE 6 but having to many problems with it trying to send & receive pictures? Would like to learn how to use Outlook is their a free website etc that will assist a new user of outlook to setup and use it for multiple users? Tried the import mail & address and it imports all messages from all users on OE to one of the profiles in outlook? How do you keep them separate? Thank you Felix -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 83 s...

HELP: survey data collection & analysis
I need urgent help and am new to Excel. I've got 5 excel surveys which is similar to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/ExportExamples/ExportExamples.zip I am using SurveyMonkey.com to do 5 surveys (which are all exactly the same), however it's separated for 5 societies. Results can be downloaded/exported as CSV files (as you can see in the ExportExamples.zip file). So there are 5 of those ExportExamples.zip (above), one for each society am surveying. How can I combine the 5 Condensed.csv files so it's one big file? I need the Condensed in one big file. Then I want to make Excel...

Please help 03-08-10
I am really sorry I have left msg here a week ago but I can not find it now. I found out what I need to do. Here is example A B C D 1 222 333 343 OK if I put 1 in A1 it is going to show above for columns B, C, and D If I put 2 in A different numbers will show and so on for 6 categories. Now if it is 2 and in be for wxample should be 454, in A 12 should put them in categories. Category 1 (if A=1 B=222) should say Category 1, if it is 332 It is still category1. Here is my formula =IF(B27>1109,"Category 1",IF(B27>...

Help Please #2
Hello There i'm experiencing a very weird problem lately with my E2k Srever. This started 10 days ago. Whenever i create a new user, the user can logon his mailbox using OWA, but somehow they can't create an outlook profile. Everytime the user tries to create an outlook profile, the server comes bak with the prompt of username, password and domain name, despite that the user is logged on the domain. I made sure that this wasn't a name resolution problem by logging on the same machine and configuring my own profile. to make things complicated, when i log in as admin and configure th...

Help with formula
Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100) Mike wrote: >Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help >Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100) Will this do what you want? Expr1:Int([DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+0.005 * 100) / 100 -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Mike "...can't ... get this to work ..." could mean a lot of things. Does it run but return incorrect values? Does it fail to run and gives an error message (it would be helpful to know what that message sa...

Problem with formula refering to a formula. Need Help!!!
I have a column of values and one of the rows' values comes from a formula. I'm trying to get the sum of these rows. But when I do the sum function it will not add the row that has the formula in it to the total at the bottom. it adds all other rows correctly though. On my last years document this worked correctly now it no longer works. this is a new layout. I found that if I put "value (sum.....)" around the entire sum function it will calculate the correct sum and include the formula row. I have 10,000 of these columns that need to be added so I have no idea on how to get ...

Urgent, Please. FE/BE
Good morning. I am mounting two servers Exchange FE/BE. The FE this in DMZ and BE in my LAN. In the installation of the FE I have only marked in Exchange System Manager - General the stall "this it is FRONT SERVER." What happens that I have a doubt. As this server this inside my AD (I have taken measures in Firewall for the security), the format of messages of Internet are as "company-local.net" and it should be "company.net." you that there are not problems for this because I execute the Assistant For mail of Internet and there I configure to "Receive...

Need help with a WiFi connection
My system is Windows XP Pro, Service Pack3, RAM I.00 GB, Processor Speed1.50 GHz-on a Dell Latitude D800, with a WiFi conn. Anymore it will lose connection when I play a video-it didn't used to do that, what about the laptop could I check or configure to strengthen my WiFi connection? Your help in solving this problem is appreciated very much. James James wrote: > My system is Windows XP Pro, Service Pack3, RAM I.00 GB, Processor > Speed1.50 GHz-on a Dell Latitude D800, with a WiFi conn. Anymore it > will lose connection when I play a video-it didn't used to do th...

Need help for serialization/deserialization in ms-crm
Dear Sir/Madam. If you can give me some suggestions, I'll appreciate your help. I am using CRM 1.2. Basically, this is what I want. I would like to use serialzation/deserialization in CRM web service. For example, suppose that I want to use CRMAccount class. As you know, CRM sdk provides account.xdr for integration purose. So, xsd account.xdr -> to convert this one to account.xsd -> once I get the account.xsd xsd account.xsd /l:cs /c -> It generated account.cs file. I thought that I could use this file for serialization/deserialization.. However, it didn't work what I e...

email in word.doc format
I was typing an email in Outlook 2007, accidentially hit some key combination and the email came up in word document format, nice......but after looking all over in your help/support info. I could not find the key combination to go back to email format or to word format. I need to get the key combinations go to a word document and back from word as well. What exactly do you mean with "Word document format"? How did it change from the original? On the Format tab you can define the style for your email. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microso...

IAXL office 2003 to 2007
I have an existing IAXL running in Excel 2003. We plan to upgrade to Office 2007. Do we have any issues to be aware of? Thanks a lot. ma As far as I know IAXL has been discontinued. It is no longer for available for GP versions 9.0 and higher. I can't recall the exact date, but I believe the announcement was made at the end of 2005. So I would be very surprised if IAXL was ever tested with Office 2007 or if it will be supported on it. This is not the official answer, just my opinion. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "MCA" <MCA@discussio...

Excel Chart Data Series Help
Please advise on how to graph one line data series in different color without changing the colors to each data point. Thanks. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Have you tried the Vary colors by point option? Select the line and press CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. On the options tab is the Vary color checkbox. mysteri4ever wrote: > Please advise on how to graph one line data series in different colors > without changing the colors to each ...

Help with Excel Workbook
I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a construction workbook, so there many separate categories that have to total costs For example, electric, plumbing, misc....etc...and then theres a totals page. What is the easiest way to input info? Can I input all info on one page. thanks Not sure if this has anything to do with Outlook. You might have better luck posting in an Excel newsgroup. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E171EE5-5679-4210-9D00-E7649A0FB909@microsoft.com... >I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a...

Custom paper size problem please Help
Hi I created a custom paper size named "Bar" in this way : control panel -->printers-->file-->server properties-->new form then i create a report in access2002 and set the paper size to "Bar" the custom paper which I created above . the problem is when I put the program on another computer the report which i create white custom paper "Bar" does not print correctly and when I check the paper size for the report on another computer it set to paper size "Letter". I must say that Befor copying the program on the another computer I Am creating th...

Please help me with this judgment
Hi all, I need this function to deal with thousands of records. Please give me a hand. Thank you very much. I would simplify my problem to the following question. Say I have a column A and B in sheet1, A1=fdhjsa, A2=rieqrew, A3=mxnvvc,..., A10=rewkjrk. Now I want to set a judgment to corresponding B cell, if "fdhjsa"(A1) exist in sheet2!$A$1:$Z$500, then B1="yes", else B1="no", if "rieqrew"(A2) exist in sheet2!$A$1:$Z$500, then B2="yes", else B2="no"... and so on. One more question, could I set B2 a color instead of a value of "...

Help with creating a formula...
Hi everyone, I am trying to set up an excel spreadsheet that does the following calculation: (enter Number) Is Percentage of (enter number) User Inputted Number Calculated by excel User Inputted Number Any suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance! Rick D. If I understand this correctly, you want to divide the # in Column A by Column C and display it as a percentage Column A Column B Column C 1 Enter column titles in this row 2 Entered # B2 ..Calculated # Entered # In cell A2 and...

HELP
I am fed up with 2005 refusing to load on my desk PC, however it is running on my Notebook ok. Is there anyway I can convert 2005 files to 2001, if I can, I will ditch 2005 and run 2001 on both compters after converting the files. Regards Peter See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=17. "Peter Cleife" <p_cleife@movistar.com> wrote in message news:OJBxq8ElFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am fed up with 2005 refusing to load on my desk PC, however it is running >on my Notebook ok. > Is there anyway I can convert 2005 files to 2001, if I can, I will ditch > ...

Folders please help
We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you understand? If you need more explaining please let me know Thanks! Gloria <gloria@northwesternwisconsin.com> wrote: > We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are > adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. > In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each > businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you > und...

PLEASE HELP Money2002
Ok I have msn my-money 2002.. I have Norton Firewall installed, had activeX set to prompt, also tried default settings, and off-line disabling NFW.. In my IE settings, I reset settings to all default, both internet & local internet too default trying to get this too work. I also have spybot installed, with resident on, disabled this and also the IE "tweaks" section in-case it was this. I'm running IE 6, XP Home Edition Sp1.. And no, I don't want new Sp2 "yet", so that wont help me. Here is problem. Everytime (in money 2002) I click help, then choose &quo...

outlook help #5
One of my identities in outlook express keeps getting removed. If I set it up again it just disapears the next and it only happens with one identity. Is there a bug or virus that could be doing this? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=m...

formula help (excel 2002)
I've been trying for a while now, but i havent been able to find a way to do the following. Hopefully someone might be able to help? I have data in 3 coloumns, the first column is just a YES or NO. The other two contain numeric values. I need to check the value in column A (for example), and if it is YES, then multiply the corresponding values in B and C columns by each other, for every row (that contains YES in column A), then add the result. I've been able to use the SUMPRODUCT function to do nearly what I want, but it does all the rows. I only am interested in ones with YES in colum...

labels publisher2003 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to input my address book onto labels. I keep getting an entire page of the same address. Is there anyway to get one page of different addresses without having to type them in? Kristin, Brian Kvalheim just responded to someone else having the same issue: Also check out the following tutorial: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/bc200210merge.html You will need to substitute your label size in place of the business card size. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Kristin" <deringsgarden@verizon.net> wrote in message news:178df01c42192$ec8d1fb0$a001280a@phx...

Copying Excel object back into Excel from Word
Using Excel 02, WinXP, we were able to copy an Excel spreadsheet as an object into Word 02 (it had specific colors that they wanted to appear) but how can we copy the spreadsheet back into Excel as a worksheet format again? The originators cannot find the original Excel spreadsheet. TIA, Regina In Word, right click on the object, choose 'Worksheet object' from the popup menu, then select 'Open'. As much of the object as exists in Word will be available in a new Excel worksheet "Regina" wrote: > Using Excel 02, WinXP, we were able to copy an Excel > sp...

OpenProcess Help
Anybody know what I am doing wrong when I try and get the handle of the process? Private Declare Function OpenProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwDesiredAccess As Long, ByVal blnheritHandle As Boolean, ByVal dwAppProcessId As IntPtr) As IntPtr Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF Const SW_MAXIMIZE = 3 Const SW_RESTORE = 9 Const SHOWNORMAL = 1 Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal handle As IntPtr, ByVal nCmdShow As Integer) As Integer Private Declare Function GetLastError Lib "kernel32" () As L...