Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!

I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings
to English, US.  However, my spell checker is marking everything in red.
When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words.
The spell checker says Spanish, US.  I go back, all setting say English.
Default language is set to English.  I don't know what else to try.

Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab |
Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may
have to select the whole document and manually apply the correct one by using
the Language dialog box.

For more on language formatting, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lcolter" <lcolter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings
> to English, US.  However, my spell checker is marking everything in red.
> When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words.
> The spell checker says Spanish, US.  I go back, all setting say English.
> Default language is set to English.  I don't know what else to try.

1
Stefan