packager can not package empty files

what does this mean?

What are you doing when you get the message?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"packager can not display" <packager can not
display@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what does this mean?

0
Doug
5/7/2010 11:13:18 PM
This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the computers in
our school computer lab while trying to insert clipart into a Publisher
publication.  I believe it is caused by a Windows update that was installed
yesterday since it began occurring immediately after the update.  Is there a
way to roll back the update?

Can someone please find a solution to this incredibly frustrating problem?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> I do not have any problem copying an image from the Images and Media section
> of that site and pasting it into a Word 2007 document.  According to a
> message that pops up however, it is necessary to have cookies enabled.  Are
> they enabled on your machine?
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Laura Nathanson" wrote in message
> > I just started receiving it, and it only happens when I try to insert a
> > picture into Word 2007 from Microsoft Online.
> >
> > I checked the properties of the ClipArt pictures I am trying to insert,
> > and they are now coming from a Catalog at:
> >
> > http://office2010.microsoft.com.
> >
> > Is this an incompatibility problem, since I have Office 2007?
> >

> > Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
> >
> > What are you doing when you get the message?
> > 07-May-10
> >
> > What are you doing when you get the message?
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> > services on a paid consulting basis.

> > "packager can not display" <packager can not

> > Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
> > Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx

Read some further in the Newsgroup and you'll find the explanation. The
Server was down but is not back up.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"C. Cassidy" <C. Cassidy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the computers
> in
> our school computer lab while trying to insert clipart into a Publisher
> publication.  I believe it is caused by a Windows update that was
> installed
> yesterday since it began occurring immediately after the update.  Is there
> way to roll back the update?
>
> Can someone please find a solution to this incredibly frustrating problem?

0
Terry
5/14/2010 7:06:04 AM
Going through the articles and cannot seem to locate the one you are speaking
of. What is the post heading?

Thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> Read some further in the Newsgroup and you'll find the explanation. The
> Server was down but is not back up.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "C. Cassidy" <C. Cassidy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the computers
> > in
> > our school computer lab while trying to insert clipart into a Publisher
> > publication.  I believe it is caused by a Windows update that was
> > installed
> > yesterday since it began occurring immediately after the update.  Is there
> > way to roll back the update?
> >
> > Can someone please find a solution to this incredibly frustrating problem?
>

> .

The server is back up, so what's to read. I don't have time to look for the
posts.

Terry

"frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Going through the articles and cannot seem to locate the one you are
> speaking
> of. What is the post heading?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Terry Farrell" wrote:
>
>> Read some further in the Newsgroup and you'll find the explanation. The
>> Server was down but is not back up.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>>
>> "C. Cassidy" <C. Cassidy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This same error message started showing up today on 90% of the
>> > computers
>> > in
>> > our school computer lab while trying to insert clipart into a Publisher
>> > publication.  I believe it is caused by a Windows update that was
>> > installed
>> > yesterday since it began occurring immediately after the update.  Is
>> > there
>> > way to roll back the update?
>> >
>> > Can someone please find a solution to this incredibly frustrating
>> > problem?
>>

>> .

0
Terry
5/19/2010 3:31:13 PM
Wow, thanks for the help, you certainly are an MVP!

Keep up the good work! Not busy enough to post such a nice message though eh?

Sheesh man.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> The server is back up, so what's to read. I don't have time to look for the
> posts.
>
> Terry
>
> "frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Going through the articles and cannot seem to locate the one you are
> > speaking
> > of. What is the post heading?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Terry Farrell" wrote:
> >
> >> Read some further in the Newsgroup and you'll find the explanation. The
> >> Server was down but is not back up.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
> >>
> >> "C. Cassidy" <C. Cassidy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Terry's point is that the problem was caused by server error. That error has
been corrected, so you should no longer be having the initial problem.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> Wow, thanks for the help, you certainly are an MVP!
>
> Keep up the good work! Not busy enough to post such a nice message though
> eh?
>
> Sheesh man.
>
> "Terry Farrell" wrote:
>
>> The server is back up, so what's to read. I don't have time to look for
>> the
>> posts.
>>
>> Terry
>>
>> "frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Going through the articles and cannot seem to locate the one you are
>> > speaking
>> > of. What is the post heading?
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> .

0
Suzanne

How can collect data from multiple sheets in the same workbook?
Hello, I am trying to collect data from multiple sheet in a workbook. I want to summarize the data on a seperate for printing. rrok, Please post your workbook (or a sample if sensative data) - scroll down and see "Manage Attachments". -- stanleydgromjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=154322 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url...

Can you have more the one OnInitMenuPopup() in a MDI?
Other then ain a dialog can you have more the one OnInitMenuPopup() in a MDI? Should you have only one in the main frame? Can you have one foe difference view/Wnd classes WM_INITMENUPOPUP message is sent to a window that owns a menu. Since main frame window is an owner of the menu, it will receive this message. Neither child frames nor views as child windows do not own menu. Anyway why would you want to handle WM_INITMENUPOPUP message? Framework does it for you as a part of update UI mechanism. "dlb" wrote: > Other then ain a dialog can you have more the one OnInitMenuPopu...

I can't read blue text for replies
I know how to change my fonts for outgoing messages - but I have difficulty reading the blue replies which come in to me. Does anybody know how I can configure Outlook so all incoming messages come in black? (I know I can highlight the blue text and change its formatting - I am looking for something automatic) Thanks!! > Does anybody know how I can configure Outlook > so all incoming messages come in black? Bad solution (but it works): You can try to turn on option "Read all mail in plain text". Tools / Options / E-mail Options / Read all mail in plain text. I'll try ...

how can i susbstitute the symboals like '-' or��#�� in the cell?
hi, till now ,the excel only support substitute the text in the cell,as we can use SUBSTITUE function. But if i want to substitue the symboals like ��-�� or��#'��how can i do? Regars, Chelsea On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:12:47 +0800, "Sebation" <ec.wangqian@gmail.com> wrote: >hi, >till now ,the excel only support substitute the text in the cell,as we can >use SUBSTITUE function. >But if i want to substitue the symboals like ��-�� or��#'��how can i do? > >Regars, >Chelsea > What was wrong with using the SUBSTITUTE function? e.g. =SUBSTITUTE(...

how can I print on 8x10 magnetic sheets?
I am attempting to print on 8x10 magnetic sheet in post card format for save the date magnets. the sheets do not pull out of the paper tray correctly. can anyone help me? Elizabeth wrote: > I am attempting to print on 8x10 magnetic sheet in post card format > for save the date magnets. the sheets do not pull out of the paper > tray correctly. can anyone help me? ================================ I'm thinking I would try one sheet at a time. Some printers have a manual adjustment for thicker stock. And I suspect there are some that cannot handle thicker stock. Check your print...

What include in a package
I am writing an MFC program using the standard edition of Visual C++. As the standard edition does not have an installer I will probably have to use something like Inno Installer. The standard edition does not allow static linking, so I will have to include some system DLLs in my installation package. How do I find out what extra files I need to ship with my own .EXE file, and where would I normally install these (in the same directory as my installed .EXE file?) even if they already exist on the user's PC? Thanks Richard Use Dependency Walker application (depends.exe) to see all dll...

Is there any way I can get alerts from my calendar on Publisher
Trying to find a way to get alerts onto my desktop from the publisher calendar ...

Publisher can't see my printer
I've been trying to print something out in publisher for ages but it keeps telling me that a printer hasnt been installed on the system. Ive tried to set my printer as the default printer in the printers and faxes file but the tick wont come up when i select it. Could that be the problem? someone suggested a new driver for the printer but its no the printer that has the problem its publisher. Thanks for any help. ChickyBerry <ChickyBerry@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been trying to print something out in publisher for ages but it >...

Can't get past "Unable to Create the log path" when restoring
Hi. This is driving me nuts. We are running Exchange 2003. I have created a Recovery Storage Group and am trying to restore to it from an online (ntbackup) backup, but can't get past the message "Unable to Create the log path. Check to insure that it is a valid path" message when I hit the "Restore Now" button and fill out the information on where to restore to (the server with my recovery storage group on it - TESTDCEXCH) and the location for my log and patch files (e:\Rest_Log). History is: Exchange knows our production server as EXCHANGE Exchange knows the...

Help: MAPI can't find PSTPRX.DLL
Hi there Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not on my computer. Please can anyone assist? just trying out 1st time >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work >properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can >not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not >on my computer. Please can anyone assist? >. > See if this info helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

auto update xls document from separate file
What I want to do is have one separate xls file to use as a database, then when any changes are made to this file, have other files automatically update, without actually opening them and separatly adding the data. Is this possible? -- kaplonk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kaplonk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9283 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376235 kaplonk, No. You must open an Excel file to change it. You could have the change happen automatically when you...

MSMoney file corrupt
Tried to access MSMoney 2000 tonight. Recived error message that a file could be corrupt. Tried to reinstall using original CD. Did not work. Was originally installed with Windows 98. Reinstalled a couple of years ago after upgrade to XP. Have not any problems to date. TIA reply to bswindell1(removethis)@cox.net Can you open the sample data file? Do you have a backup of your data file? "Brenda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03ce01c42821$b61c3430$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Tried to access MSMoney 2000 tonight. Recived error > messag...

Can send; can't receive e-mail in Outlook 98
Several days ago I started getting the error "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server" when accessing the POP3 server on the Comcast broadband service. According to Knowledge Base article 310783, a workaround is to create a new .PST file and point to that. I've done that, and I continue to get the same error. I believe the problem is on the client, since if I connect to the Comcast server via Outlook Express, I can retrieve my new e-mails. However, I'd rather continue using Outlook 98. Any suggestions? I was working with someone on this same pro...

How do you open a Publisher 2002 file with Publisher 2003?
I just installed Office 2003. Now when I try to open a file I created with Publisher 2002 it pops up "Publisher 2003 can't open this file". Help! I need to open these files to use asap. Thanks for your help. Bill Are you using Norton Anti-virus? If so, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/ and see if anything there helps. Norton often plays havoc with Office. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F42A60-1A32-4161-984B-CAE70900361B@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office 20...

US-Can
my wife was gives a US version of money 2003, would like to change to Can edition. can i do this? ...

RMS Stroe Operations and HQ package content
Hi, I bought recentilly a RMS for 7 stores and 1 HQ Server, I need to know what I have to receive in the Package Box becuase it arrive open. Thank's a lot. Regards, Cesar Troya This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A5C_01C7720B.6D88FF50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Cesar, Each box should have contained manuals, a CD and a license sheet with a = yellow section Product Indent code on it. =20 There may be multiple PID sheets depending on the number of POS licenses = per store and number o...

I can't post
I can't post to this group!!! This is my third try.. Hi I want to make a chart that shows commitment vs. value (made up of cash, investment value, and distributions combined The first bar should be one total $100, the second should show what my $100 is worth now, but broken down. $25 is still uninvested cash, $75 is invested cash, and i've gotten $5 cash in distributions. So i want the second bar to be 5% taller. any help would be great.. I�m guessing you want what looks like a single bar representing commitment adjacent to a stacked bar represent the components of the value. If ...

How to open old pst files
I would like to check old events from "archive.pst". How can I open archive.pst without messing out the current outlook.pst? TIA. Craig File | Open | Outlook Data File --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uHUmQAfvFHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I would li...

Import text file - Did something break
I have been able to click on a tab delimited text file and presto, it was correctly imported to a worksheet, after a recent "upgrade" it only works about half the time. I tried setting the global delimiter but it still misses some but not all of the tabs. If I manually import the file and select tab as the delimiter, it works fine... Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Ron, Try importing your file again, after having manually set the delimiter to tab. I...

Using Access 2000 packaging and deployment wizard
Hi In Access 2000 when I open a module in my app and from Addins menu run the Access 2000 packaging and distribution wizard, it cerates the distribution package with the original MDB. How can I make it instead include the MDE of the app instead? Thanks Regards ...

recently used file list in file menu not working and unreadable.
two problems, the first spawned the other, and both have taken hours=20 of time already (mostly in fruitless research) to try and remedy: First problem: the recently used file list in the file menu is = displaying=20 the files by their whole "pathname" and not merely by their filenames. =20 As new system architecture pretty much requires me to save things in=20 certain nested places, this is INSANE. the names are too long, and I=20 often have difficulty identifying my files. Previous versions of excel=20 seem to have been able to only display the filename.. I've been=20 searc...

How can I move data from more than one row down, to many colums .
Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:380E0795-7D38-47CA-819E-C726D8C8ABB9@microsoft.com... > Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? If you mean transpose, I don't think you can do that with the mouse. Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste Special and select the Tranpose option. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:49:09 -0700, "Randy" <...

Can MSR be used on employee login? (Newbie)
Does anyone know how to setup RMS (POS) to use MRS for employee logins? I am EXTREAMLY new to this MSR technoligy. I have a Fargo Persona C30 (Printer/encoder), Cherry MY 7000USB (Keyboard/MSR Reader) and using a software called "Cardfive" to encode the MSR cards. I can't find any info in the RMS help files or online. Any help/info anyone ca offer regarding RMS MSR support would be much appreciated. Thanks AaronG Yes, but if you are doing Integrated Credit processing then you will need a separate MSR for Credit Cards and one for employee login. You will NOT be able ...

Error Opening a File #2
Hi, I am trying to open a existing text file to write some text,but the Existing Text file is already open. So I can't write anything using VBA Macro for Excel 2000. I am getting error while Opening the Text file. Is it possible for any one to guide how to handle this Error ?? I am using following code. here fileName is already open in some other applicaiton. Open fileName For Output Access Write As #fileNumber How to handle this Error . I want to display an error message saying that The file is already open .. Thanks Mili. ...

Can I change the color of a form based on status?
I have a form for work orders. I track the work order number, part number, serial number, etc. I would like to add a combo box with work order status Open/Closed. I know how to do this part. I was wondering if I can link a command that will change the color of either the box or the form based on the current status of the work order. When I scroll through the work order form I rapidly know which work orders are open and closed based on the color. The parts are shipped out to various agencies for repair and sometimes it may be months before we see our parts back. Once a week I go t...