overstrike or margin error?

I suddenly find existing documents distorted by all the text being jammed
over to the left side and the characters all overstriking one another, as if
on a typewriter the carriage jammed and all the keys you press typed onto the
same spot.  For example, a full page of single-spaced, formatted text in an
existing document has become 7 double-spaced blocks of just two to twelve or
so characters (columns) wide.
It first happened when I was trying to "Print" a new page of text I entered.
 The page displayed correctly on the screen, but printed wrong, as described.
 Then the view on the screen also began to display the text wrong, as
described.  Now pages of text previously typed and saved on other days are
doing the same thing--sometimes partway through a page, sometimes completely.
 Help!  I can no longer access my saved Word documents!  What is going wrong?
Thanks

Restart Windows. Then delete temporary files as described at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gregory" <Gregory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I suddenly find existing documents distorted by all the text being jammed
> over to the left side and the characters all overstriking one another, as if
> on a typewriter the carriage jammed and all the keys you press typed onto the
> same spot.  For example, a full page of single-spaced, formatted text in an
> existing document has become 7 double-spaced blocks of just two to twelve or
> so characters (columns) wide.
> It first happened when I was trying to "Print" a new page of text I entered.
> The page displayed correctly on the screen, but printed wrong, as described.
> Then the view on the screen also began to display the text wrong, as
> described.  Now pages of text previously typed and saved on other days are
> doing the same thing--sometimes partway through a page, sometimes completely.
> Help!  I can no longer access my saved Word documents!  What is going wrong?
> Thanks

0
Stefan

CRM invalid user errors
I have a Physical CRM 3.0 machine that i converted to a Virtual Machine. CRM was running fine until the physical machine got turned on by mistake with the network cable plugged in with both machines on the same domain and same machine name. Now i can not access CRM and getting the error: " Invalid User Authorization. The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." When accessing through the web interface. Also when i try to access the workflow manager i recieve the error: "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file ...

text box margin settings
I've changed the text box margins, saved the file and closed the file. But when I reopen the file, the changes are not there. What gives?!? don The text box margins in an EXISTING text box have changed? Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I've changed the text box margins, saved the file and >closed the file. But when I reopen the file, the changes >are not there. What gives?!? > >don >. > This issue is unknown in Publisher any version. If you mean it is not saving the defaults on next Text F...

Error code
Excel has worked splendidly for me for about 6 months now and suddently I started getting the following error code (in a popup dialog box that allows me only to click 'ok' and help -- not too helpful btw), when the program starts and before it closes: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew Anybody have any suggestions? Regards, S./ Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <ozymandias@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1102370005.126813.102360@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Excel has wor...

Error opening publication
I just insatlled MS pub 2003 and am having problems opening projects made in earlier versions. It asks if I wish to go to safe mode to open these.. Is this a new way of desaling with upgrades? What can I do to avoid this? Al Double-click the file rather than opening it from the Publisher program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "alkaye" <alkohout@comcast.net> wrote in message news:21d2a864.0402181501.24e965b6@posting.google.com... > I just insatlled MS pub 2003 and am ...

Protocol Error
Hello ! I receive this error : A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 556 sorry, your reverse is in my badreversefrom (#5.7.1) The message that caused this notification was: To: <terrana@paini.fr> From: <fabio.guidetti@paini.com> Subject: test1 Someone may explain me the meaning of this error ?? Thanks in advance. Bye "Fabio Guidetti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive this error : >A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. > 556 sorry, your reverse is in my badreversefrom (#5....

Conditional Sum Wizard Error
When I first use the Conditional Sum Wizard, I get an error "Your range contains one or more entries using randomized numbers...." If I change the formatting of the range that the Wizard is operating on, I do not get the error. Any ideas why the wizard cares about my formatting (which is Accounting)? Thanks, Charlie Rowe ...

0x800CCC0E Error
I recently converted to Outlook 2003. This is the message I am getting, any ideas on how to fix this? Here is a link to an article that has some information that might be helpful for troubleshooting the error message you are getting, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;813514. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ...

Linker errors #3
Hi, I have been managing couple of MFC projects in VS .NET2003, but for a particular project this is the structure:- A.dll, DLL linking to static MFC. B.lib, Static library linked to static MFC C.lib, Static Library linked to static MFC. Now I have project dependencies on B and C in A. Well I get clashes for the below functions, which I have been overcoming using /FORCE linker option and logically it seems ok to me as all the memory allocations/deallocations go through one routine after resolutions. I am a bit wary about what I am doing and feel I could fall into subtle runtime issu...

FP: Script not found Error !!! In DEX
Hi All, While coding in Dex Ver 10.00.0089, Am facing a problem. Am tryning to write script in Post event of a field in a window. While trying to set the debug pointer, i see the debug pointer inactive. Ignoring this, i created the chunk, but after i exploded and during the post of that field, am getting an error "FP: Script not found " and the script does not execute... i fetched the form, the base : Field, data type, and format... with no change in result. Am still getting the error... This is only with the post script of this field.. rest every where am able to see the de...

Exchange Error help
I am getting the following error in my event log on my exchange server. I have already stop/started the exchange services as well as removed/re added the exchange server from the exchange domain server group. Last week I did add the /3gb switch for our memory to be used correctly. Any help would be awesome. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9187 Date: 6/29/2005 Time: 8:41:24 AM User: N/A Computer: SYNMAIL1 Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to add the local computer as a member of the DS group object 'cn=Exchange ...

Error Handling
Pretty new to error handling - if they haven't selected required fields how can I subsitute a personalized message rather than the generic "You must enter a table/field field" and make sure the personalizxed doesn't come up followed by the generic access message? Thanks! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201005/1 szag via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Pretty new to error handling - if they haven't selected required fields how >can I subsitute a personalized message rather than the generic...

Error in SO Manager
I have installed RMS onto a machine and created a database and linked up fine but I can not open the Store Ops Manager it comes up with error bad file name or number I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the POS works fine but the Manager just will not open Any Suggestions Open Store Ops Administrator, File/Configuration. Look at the paths and templates tabs. Verify that the paths and files listed there actually exist. There are also a couple of settings on the Register Tab that you might want to verify as well. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com...

Sharepoint.dll error
On a 10.0 client install w/SP2, when launching GP, I am getting "Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Sharepoint.dll Form Business_Desk_Sharepoint_Interop does not exist in the dictionary. Parameter Name: formname. To install, I uninstalled .net 3.0 sp1 and .net 2.0 sp1. I added the 2.0 sp1 back in. What is causing this error, Business Portal/Sharepoint is not installed. ...

Overstrike characters
I need to insert an x with a macron(bar) over the top of it into my sheet. Other users also want to do that, but I don't know a way to do it in Excel. I did write and distribute a macro that will insert a graphic, but I prefer an actual character or combination for simplicity. Thanks, Sn MVP Chip Pearson has an add-in called "Symbolizer" that'll bring up a character map: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/chars.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to insert an x with a macron(bar) over the top of >it into my sheet. Other users also wan...

Outlook memory error: 0x3ff6343a
I keep having an error message pop up that states the following: Instruction at 0x3ff6343a referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug. Both options end with having to close out the program. I've looked for updates, I've used my original CDs to "repair" the problem, rebooted, etc. and nothing seems to work. Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

One or more margins are set outside the printable area...
Greetings. I had this message a few years (and Office generations and OS) ago. At that time, I think it was resolved by deleting a normal.dot file (which I did this time) or downloading new printer driver (which I have done). The problem persists. Could I have a step-by-step walk through, please? I have Office 2008 with Snow Leopard, and a Canon Pixma iP2000. Thanks. ...

Margins #2
When I try to set my margins in Word Pad to 0.25, my right margin is set at 0.46 and when I change it to 0.25 it automatically goes back to 0.46. The page is set on landscape but even if it is set on portrait (bottom margin)it will still default to 0.46. Can anyone tell me why and can I fix this? How? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I try to set my margins in Word Pad to 0.25, my > right margin is set at 0.46 and when I change it to 0.25 > it automatically goes back to 0.46....

Workflow server error
Hi, I am getting an error when I try to open the WorkFlow Manager, I enter the server name and hit OK and get the following message: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable or it is not a Microsoft CRM server. For more information, contact your system administrator. Does anyone know what causes this error? Thanks, Emma Are you already set the right port? Do not just write your server name, you have to write down your port such as crmserver:800 Good Luck Rgds, Frans Cahyadi "Emma" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Overstrike problem
Excel 2007 Win 7 64-bit Let me define my term "Overstrike" first. Say that you have a paper worksheet and cell G4 has 123 in it. You put that paper worksheet in a typewriter, scroll to G4, and type 456. That is an overstrike. Now back to Excel. I have formulas in G4 and G6 that simply sum some cells. Both G4:H4 and G6:H6 are formatted to "Center across selection". I run some code that does not change any cell referenced by either formula. An overstrike appears in both G4 and G6, centered across. No VBA errors appear. The overstrike is weird in my experience...

#### error if cell has more than 255 characters
How do I get around the #### error if I need to enter more than 255 characters in a cell and then import it into another program? The cell is getting truncated at the 255 character mark, even though it shows all of the characters are there. Hi in what program do you want to import this data and HOW are you doing it? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Budalacovyek" <Budalacovyek@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:203AFA3B-107B-4FDA-A974-3A4219019C89@microsoft.com... > How do I get around the #### error if I need to enter more than 255 > c...

Error opening "Item" in a person "Contact" File
Hello, When I go to a person's Contact file, in Contacts, and open it I get a error message when trying to open a Item that I have inserted from the Calander. (Item is a link to the person's Birthday that is a calander event with reacurance set for every year). The error is; "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook many times as well as rebooting Outlook and the same error. My ICQ address is 9749581 if anyone has any ideas.... Thanks Chris. Ill try to explain better. I use the ...

MsExTmz.exe Application Error
Hi All, I'm running MsExTmz.exe. When the tool gets to the account which is used as the 'Administrator' logon (Mailbox Profile), it tanks with the following message box. The Administrator account has been renamed. So the program dies at the renamed account. If I run under my account, it dies at my account. Any ideas besides creating a dumm Administrator account named ZZZ??? Thanks, Jeff Jeffrey Walton System Administartor --------------------------- MsExTmz.exe - Application Error --------------------------- The instruction at "0x78144666" referenced memory at "...

Margins and printing
I have created a tri fold double sided brochure that prints about a 1/4 inch away from the papers edge. I opend the doc today and the margin is now 1" and I can't figure out why. I have all my margins set to 0"? -- David R. Heinz Have you changed your default printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "DHeinz" <DHeinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:590FA915-4039-42F7-8974-79D5A438DCE1@microsoft.com... >I have created a tri fold double sided brochure that prints...

Write Error
We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS. Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother transaction activates a Write Error. None of the other registers have the problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides microsoft updates for XP. Help Please -- Rich O''Boyle IT Tech Lundeens Liquors Are all registers on the same RMS version. ? What is the version # ? Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all mac...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...