Opening and closing documents

I recently purchased a new computer. The OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I used Easy
Transfer to transfer Word documents from my old computer. An odd thing I
noticed was that each file after the transfer had 'docx' on the end.  Now on
to the problem.

When opening Microsoft Office Word 2007 I get an error message that reads:

'Your AutoCorrect file,
C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\MSO1033.acl could not be
saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify
the file.'

I click 'OK' and the message repeats. I click 'OK' again and a message reads:

'Word cannot open the existing file. (Normal.dotm)'

When I click 'OK' the message disappears and the document is there to create
or view. When closing the document a message reads:

'You cannot save while the file is in use by another process. Try saving the
file with a new name (C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\...\Normal.dotm)'

When I click 'OK' a message reads:

'Word encountered a problem while trying to save the document...' then it
suggests to save to a rescue file.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007 but the error remains.
Help!!!
--
Thanx

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Can't close preview pane
When in Outlook 2002 I've tried removing the Preview Pane in each folder, but as soon as I return to a folder it comes back. How can I turn it off permanently? Add the /nopreview switch to your Outlook shortcut path. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:004201c3998f$4d7c4a30$a601280a@phx.gbl, rom wrote: > When in Outlook 2002 I've tried removing the Preview Pane > in each folder, but as soon as I return to a folder it > com...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Documents in Word2000
In large documents with numerous sub-documents, is there a way to change the properties for HEADING 1 in the appendices sections of the document (such as "from Section 20 to Appendix A) and still get them to appear in the Table of Contents? Charles, please repost to microsoft.public.word. This group is for the MBS CRM product. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:24:30 -0700, "Charles" <crain@vss.fsi.com> wrote: In large documents with numerous sub-documents, is the...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...