Office 2000 & 2007 in Windows 7

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7?  Can
we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer?

Thanks in advance,
Garu

0
Garu

Yes, on both counts.  But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section
of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7?
> Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Garu

0
Doug
1/6/2010 3:28:24 AM
Also, only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time.
And it's best to install Office 2000 first, then tell the Office 2007
installer not to remove the earlier version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:28:24 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
<dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:

>Yes, on both counts.  But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section
>of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:
>
>http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
>
>--
>Hope this helps,
>
>Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
>Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
>a paid professional basis.
>
>"Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7?
>> Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Garu

0
Jay
1/6/2010 4:48:22 AM
I have successfully installed Word 2000 from Office 2000 CD and Office 2007
Pro in a Windows 7 System.  It works fine but I have a strange problem when
running any of the two versions of Word.  When any of them ran it causes the
other to go through the initialization process on start-up.  If I open and
close Word 2000,  then open Office 2007 it will go through the
initialization process again as when it was first ran after installation and
vice-versa.

Any thoughts?
Garu

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Also, only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time.
> And it's best to install Office 2000 first, then tell the Office 2007
> installer not to remove the earlier version.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:28:24 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
> <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Yes, on both counts.  But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg
>>section
>>of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:
>>
>>http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
>>
>>--
>>Hope this helps,
>>
>>Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>>Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>>on
>>a paid professional basis.
>>
>>"Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7?
>>> Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same
>>> computer?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Garu

0
Garu
1/6/2010 4:03:46 PM
Did you create the NoRereg key as recommended?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

>I have successfully installed Word 2000 from Office 2000 CD and Office 2007
>Pro in a Windows 7 System.  It works fine but I have a strange problem when
>running any of the two versions of Word.  When any of them ran it causes
>the other to go through the initialization process on start-up.  If I open
>and close Word 2000,  then open Office 2007 it will go through the
>initialization process again as when it was first ran after installation
>and vice-versa.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Garu
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Also, only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time.
>> And it's best to install Office 2000 first, then tell the Office 2007
>> installer not to remove the earlier version.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:28:24 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
>> <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, on both counts.  But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg
>>>section
>>>of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:
>>>
>>>http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
>>>
>>>--
>>>Hope this helps,
>>>
>>>Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>>
>>>Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>>>on
>>>a paid professional basis.
>>>
>>>"Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in message

0
Suzanne
1/6/2010 4:19:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder... I've done that and it fixed the problem.

A million thanks to you guys....
Garu

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Did you create the NoRereg key as recommended?
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in message
>>I have successfully installed Word 2000 from Office 2000 CD and Office
>>2007 Pro in a Windows 7 System.  It works fine but I have a strange
>>problem when running any of the two versions of Word.  When any of them
>>ran it causes the other to go through the initialization process on
>>start-up.  If I open and close Word 2000,  then open Office 2007 it will
>>go through the initialization process again as when it was first ran after
>>installation and vice-versa.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>> Garu
>>
>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Also, only one version of Outlook can be installed at any one time.
>>> And it's best to install Office 2000 first, then tell the Office 2007
>>> installer not to remove the earlier version.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
Garu

Remember Password -Outlook 2000
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to "remember password" for my e- mail accounts. I can check the "remember password" box and type in the password...or I can type in the password and check the box. It doesn't matter what order I do it in, my password isn't saved. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Restore exchange server 2000 to a disaster recovery machine
Hi all I can't quite get my head around this. I want to be able to restore my exchange server onto another machine for disaster recovery purposes. Every day i want to be able to take a tape thats a backup from the live server to the offsite disaster recovery server (drs) I have set up the DRS to have the same domain name etc and user names. What do I need to do now. I cannot mount the stores due to all sorts of error messages.I have looked at Q297289 but thats a scenario when you wish not to use the live server anymore Regards Craig Domain name does not need to be the same. Setup a n...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Missing Stored Procedures in GP 7.5
When trying to apply hotfix 750g38 by running the SQL statement against two differerent companies (Company A and Company B), one company completes successfully (Company A), but the second company (Company B) completes with the following info: Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_ValidateUOM'. The stored procedure will still be created. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'SVC_Obj_CalcBillTransTime'. The stored procedure will st...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Outlook 2007 not saving email passwords
Windows XP This issue has been dealt with using all the "known" methods to no avail. Outlook has been removed and reinstalled. Before reinstalling it, Outlook Express was set up and IT keeps the passwords fine. After reinstalling it, the same issue remains. Immediately after typing in the account information, clicking on the Test Account Settings brings up the dialog asking for the password as if it had never been typed in at all. Any good suggestions? Thanks, Fred "Fred Marshall" <fmarshallx@remove_the_x.acm.org> wrote in message news:e$mDQ3jkJHA.500@TK2MS...

Windows Mail not working
My windows mail is not working. I was sending and receiving for the past 2 months (new computer). It just stopped, and I checked all of my mail account settings. I have only one, so that's easy. It keeps prompting me for my user name and pw. My account settings are identical to my other computer (for which I used Outlook). But, now I am using Windows Mail and even though the account settings are identical, I am unable to send/receive any emails. It's been 5 days now. Please advise A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. One thin...

windows on mac
Hi! TIm really new on with the mac os. I would like tobuy a powebook g4 and I heard that you can install a microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. My question is, is it the same with the microsoft windows? because im rally used to using that kind. Thanks! In article <e17ZwS4WGHA.4324@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "Jim Allen" <ja46808@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > Hi! TIm really new on with the mac os. I would like tobuy a powebook g4 and > I heard that you can install a microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. My > question is, is it the same with the microsoft win...

Upgrade to Power Point 2010 from Microsoft Office 2008
How can I upgrade from Power Point in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac to Power Point 2010? unfortunately the Beta version is only available on windows platforms. Preliminary system requirements for Office 2010 include the following: • Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 check out: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#29q Emma Bannister PowerPoint Specialist www.presentationstudio.com "4jswest" <4jswest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15B53B5E-1A57-4E46-8CBA-5A7BDD9D71C7@microsoft.com... > How can I upgrade fr...