multiple copies won't print is word 2002

I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6).  All of a sudden it
won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one.  I have a brother hl-5040
with 136 mb memory.  The computer is running win xp pro; sp3.

Any ideas?
Thanks

As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest
printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6).  All of a sudden it
> won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one.  I have a brother hl-5040
> with 136 mb memory.  The computer is running win xp pro; sp3.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks

0
Terry
11/13/2009 8:23:55 PM
Thanks for the help.   I uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers and that seems
to have cured my problem.  Thanks for the suggestion.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest
> printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6).  All of a sudden it
> > won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one.  I have a brother hl-5040
> > with 136 mb memory.  The computer is running win xp pro; sp3.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks
>
> .

"Ignore original message text" not working with Word as editor on one machine?
I know people have run into this, but has anyone found a solution? I've got one machine that refuses to "Ignore original message text" when I use Word as the Editor. If I just go back, and uncheck use Word as the editor, it works fine (so no, reply ticks are not turned on). On another machine, also with Office XP (but with Windows XP versus Win 2000), it works just fine. Has anyone come across a fix? ...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

How Print Digital Photo in Report?
I want to print photos taken with a digital camera on a report. The photos will be stored in a known folder and I know the path, but will not be part of the .mdb. Looks like I need to use an Unbound Object Frame on the report, but I am struggling with the code to tell the object where to find the photo. Seems like I would place the path in some property -- which one? Point me in the right direction -or- sample code. drb ...

Looups and multiple criteria
I have an spreadsheet with columns like: col A col D col E colF B230 8 1 0 F001 -5 0 10 F002 3 20 0 F010 5 -29 3 F014 40 3 7 F020 -25 -6 -100 F113 0 0 0 H002 34 -50 23 in ascendent order. I want to be able to Sum col D to colF if colA is between F001 and F020 except F010. ...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

copying rows from next sheet over
I'm trying to copy a range of rows from one sheet over from the activ sheet, and paste them onto another sheet. This is what I tried: ActiveSheet.Next.Range("a2:b100").select selection.copy However, I'm getting the error "selection method of the range clas failed" What am I doing wrong, and is there an alternative way to do this? Any help would be appreciated -- ayl32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ayl322's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984 View this thread: http://www.excel...

multiple empty accounts showed up
I have three accounts with Broker X, which I've tracked for some time with Money (2006 Premium). Only one of them was set up for automatic updates. As soon as I enabled the other two for automatic updates, Money created SEVEN new empty accounts ("Broker X Cash Account", "Broker X Cash Account #2", ... "Broker X Margin Account", etc.) separate from the two I wanted to connect. Next thing I know, I have NINE pending statements for these seven imaginary and empty accounts, displaying "bank balance" totalling somewhere in the range of $200,000! Go...

Upgrading Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002
I have the software to upgrade my Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, and am concerned about losing my appointments, contacts, and settings (rules, views). If I upgrade, will Outlook 2002 detect my settings before it "removes the previous version"? I'd really appreciate some help - I'm a little bored waiting for the hurricane so I'm hoping to occupy myself with this... Data is never removed with an upgrade. The connection to your data may well be lost, but can easily be reset if that's the case. You should already be backing up your Outlook regularly. The file...

Copy subtotals
I have a worksheet with subtotals, but I'd like to take just those subtotals to another sheet for further manipulation. Any ideas? Thanks, Diane Collapse the groups and select all the subtotals. Hit <F5> Click on "Special" Click on "Visible Cells Only" Then <OK> Right click in the selection and choose "Copy" Then navigate to wherever you wish, and then "Paste". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===========================================...

Searching multiple excel documents
When searching for P.O. numbers in windows 2000 basic search command I enter the *.xls in the files or folders field, and i enter the P.O. number in the Containing text field but no xls documents show up. i've selected to search through all subdirectories and am positive the P.O. number is in a xls document, as i've cut and pasted it to test this. I've tried doing alpha numeric searches that are withing xls documents and this returns nothing aswell. doing a pure text search in all documents does return positive, so my search funtion does work for containting text. does wind...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

Selecting Multiple Shapes and Lines
In Excel 2003, lines and shapes could easily be selected by clicking on the arrow in the drawings menu and drawings a box around the objects. I am now using Excel 2007, but have not found anywhere to change the coursor from the standard cross to a pointer. Is this one of the features that did not get transfered over, or have I just not found it yet? Thanks for the help. If I understood your question - try this: In the Ribbon - Click 'Home' > at the far end 'Edit' section > click on 'Search & Choose' > in the sub-menu click 'choose object...

Print Range Doesn't Display
I have a multi worksheet file which Vie used without incident for five years. Today, I inserted a page break and also selected a print area. I found that, although the area and page break shows correctly in Print Preview, neither the page break nor the print area outline box appear on the worksheet. The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. Even more curious, if I do the same on one of the other worksheets in the file, the area displays correctly. -- PT >>The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. But more on point, is Tools, Options...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

How to print a page in between of every report page?
I'm fairly inexperienced with Access, but I was asked if there would be any way to solve a problem. My company prints product invoices using access reports. Terms and Conditions pages are now required to be put on the back of said reports. The detail section of the report prints a list of all of the items on an invoice, and sometimes they take up more than one page. I have been trying to use a subreport containing the terms and conditions page and setting it visible and invisible whenever an invoice page ends. The problem I am now having is that one item of the invoice is put under the ter...

Multiple Checkboxes Shortcut?
This is a simple question - I'm just stumped on how to do this. I would like to create multiple check mark boxes in my excel document so that I can keep track on how far I am in processing this data. (it is a 1700 line excel sheet that I just don't have the time to go onto each line and enter the checkbox). Can you help? Insert a check box and copy it to the cell below. Then select the two cells with check boxes and paste them below to have 4. Continue like this and after 10 copies or so you'll have all you need. -- Jim "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft....

Picking contacts from multiple users
Hi SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this? Thanks Regards You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a duplicate remover tool. See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, H...

Outlook 2002 " Relaying denied. Proper authentication required."
Ok I have just recently switched aver to a new domain for a web site. I went through the configuration stuff in outlook under the accounts and it connects to all the servers and sends the test message just fine. If i try to send anything to anybody but me it says undeliverable. This includes emails on the same domain. I get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: [classified] Sent: 7/14/2004 11:44 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '[email name @ aol]' on 7/14/2004 11:44 PM ...

Outlook 2002 Automation Problem and Contacts
I don't like crossposting but I'm getting zero responses in another group. I'm not sure if I am posting to the right forum but I am having a problem with accessing Contacts with Outlook Automation. The program works perfect in Outlook 2003 but gives an error on another computer with Outlook 2002. When I try and access the .Body I get an OLE Dispatch Error Code 4096 From Microsoft Outlook Out Of Memory. I'm not sure if the problem is with Outlook, the computer or perhaps I could change my programming code and how I access the body in Outlook Contacts. The code that gives the...

applyng a multiple header row across pages in default table style
Hello, I want to set up the default table format on an RTF document that will take the fist 2 rows in my table and repeat them as a header on all the pages the table extends to. so I need to know 2 things 1. how do i edit the default table style 2. is it possible to set the first 2 rows as the header. the data in my table is generated automatically and I don't know in advance how big it will be. thank you 1. Use the Modify Style dialog box to modify a table style in Word. The exact steps depend on your version of Word. 2. As far as I know, this is not possible in...

multiple cascading combo boxes* not the usual.
Hello, I am having a problem with multiple cascading combo boxes... yet this isn't the usual situation thoroughly covered by many posts. I wasn't able to find this elsewhere. What I have is a category combo box than changes the products combo box- this part is working fine. However what I want is a category combo box that when updated, updates the three product combo boxes below. What I am aiming at getting is to have the user select a major category and up to three products within that category which will be stored into a table. Is this the best option or is there a way to use a ...

Printing Shipping Addresses
I'd Like to be able to print a customer's shipping addresses. Is there a solution to help facilitate this? Thanks, Jay Jay, If you are interested in custom solution please drop a email. regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Jay" wrote: > I'd Like to be able to print a customer's shipping addresses. Is there a > solution to help facilitate this? > > Thanks, > Jay Jay, A good solution would be to connect Word to the database. From there you can do a single label or a mail merge to due multiple. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Ret...

print horizontal lne in report
I have a report with a memo field , the field can be 1 to many lines, how can i get a horizontal line to print on the next line following the memo field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200712/1 Have you tried drawing a line using the line tool on the ToolBox? sheniece wrote: >I have a report with a memo field , the field can be 1 to many lines, how can >i get a horizontal line to print on the next line following the memo field. -- Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach http://www.hitechcoach.com http://www.officeprogram...

RMS label printing on continous label printer
According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set up for Avery labels only. But in the label wizard I see Barcode Blaster labels listed there. Those look like they might be for a continuous label printer. Has anyone been able to print labels from RMS with a continous label printer? And if so, what make/model are you using? Thanks, Scott Emick On Sep 15, 11:05=A0am, Scott <scott.em...@gmail.com> wrote: > According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set > up for Avery labels only. =A0But in the label wizard I see Barcode ...

Macros
I have created the following macro. Where I am calling in the "Details" Worksheet I would like to call in the same info for all of the Worksheets in the Workbook. How do I do that? Thanks in advance for any help!!!! Sub TMSTabulate() ' For each workbook in source directory ' open workbook ' '* TMSVersion = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("TMSVersion") FiscalYear = 2005 TabCell = 2 Ledger = "BUDGET" Period = 1 With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Settings").Range("BDIF...