MS Word Footer Misalignment

Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
(including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.

I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
page.

Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
not help.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.

Thanks!
0
GUSwim8

That is just the way the footer is displayed. The footer text is always at
the top of the box, which represents the footer margin, and is pushed down
as you add more.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GUSwim8" <guswim8@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
> reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
> (including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
> area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
> positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
> reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
> unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
> expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
> footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.
>
> I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
> affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
> page.
>
> Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
> template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
> user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
> troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
> page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
> not help.
>
> I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
> X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?
I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new version of Office 2004. The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out). Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a workaround? Thanks, Steven Hi Steven, What script is this? Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version is out? If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously ...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

MS Access

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

save in differents folder each documents in WORD
Hi, I am using windows XP and Microsoft ofiice word 2003 and I would like to save automatically one document in 1 folder, but a different gropus of documents I want to save automatically in other folder (just presing save, not going every time to the specific folder), can I do that? When I change the location to save the documents it saves for every word document and I want to save to a specific folder for a group of documents and for another group of documents I want a different folder, but automatically. Thanks Andrei aberdich@gmail.com <aberdich@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I am u...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

Entourage 2008 Excel and Word
When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any longer?<br> Thank you in advance for your help. Hi Bob-- Did you recently switch to the Mac? Welcome. This is a difference between Mac and Windows, and it applies to all programs. You cannot delete a file from a File | Open or File | Save dialog. Instead, you have to switch to the Finder (the happy blue face), browse to or find your documents in a Finder window, and move them to the trash. MacOffice has no control over this--but you can le...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

ms outlook: unable to find default email folder
on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT FILE SYSYTEM FOLDER INSTEAD. Please help whats causing this. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2hheWFuOTk=?=" <shayan99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CEC2AC86-64EF-4684-A6EA-C3D3AEC3A9BC@microsoft.com: > on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED > INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. > On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR ...

Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003
I just installed MS Office @003 Standart Upgrade and want to use the Business Contact Manager functionality. However, I cannot find it. The "Help" feature tells me I should have Business Contact Manager as an add-in but I cannot find it nor do I want to download the version with Micrrosoft Exchange Server (I think). Can anyone tell me how to get Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003? Thanks, Jim BCM is available as part of Office 2003 Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, or Prefessional Enterprise Edition (requires Volume License from Microsoft). As far as I k...

Convert MS publisher to MS Word
Hello ALL, Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. Help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Asim Hi Asim (alatif@ultimus.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file || to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. You can't. The only thing you can do is copy/paste or drag/drop between the two applications and adjust formatting accordingly. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www....

Word 7 03-28-10
why does word 7 operate in compatibility mode when in windows 7 64bit Is this really Word 7 (Word for Windows 95) or Word 2007? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dougal 71" <Dougal71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A02A0F9-6D3E-4570-A6EE-3481C83D4A73@microsoft.com... > why does word 7 operate in compatibility mode when in windows 7 64bit > I'm guessing that by Word 7 you actually mean Word 2007? Word 2007 will be in compatibility mode when you open a file in...

Can you import visio calendar to MS word
You can copy and paste but it stay an image in word. It will not be transform as a word calendar "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FE2CC56C-DB9E-4399-A2EB-56FDFAA791B6@microsoft.com... > ...

MS CRM Outlook Plugin does not reconnect
We use the MS CRM Outlook Plugin extensively but have seen that whenever the connection to the server is lost the plugin will not reconnect. We are forced to exit Outlook and re-enter. Is there a way to cause the plugin to reconnect? "Chris Bray" wrote: > We use the MS CRM Outlook Plugin extensively but have seen that whenever the > connection to the server is lost the plugin will not reconnect. We are > forced to exit Outlook and re-enter. Is there a way to cause the plugin to > reconnect? Hi Chris, Are you still having this problem? At our site, one user ru...