Mouse flicker problems in MS Word, ,running windows 7.

I recently installed MS Office Home and Student on a windows 7 operating pc -
but everytime I start word my curser flickers in the screen area and i can't
click right or left. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Any ideas
would be appreciated.

It isn't a Word problem, but my suspicion is either the printer driver is
corrupt or incompatible or missing. Make sure that you have the latest
driver for your printer and then delete and reinstall the printer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"PR100" <PR100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed MS Office Home and Student on a windows 7 operating
> pc -
> but everytime I start word my curser flickers in the screen area and i
> can't
> click right or left. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Any
> ideas
> would be appreciated.

0
Terry

Receipt Problem.
I want to change a some text on receipt, I had posted this 3-4 times but still waiting for an answer... :-(( Currently I tried to use QSRules.ReceiptClass and objVal.Session.Variable(x.Name) But cannt proceed as its showing error Cannot create ActiveX Component (error for this line QSRules.ReceiptClass) Can anyone tell me plzzz how to add simple text to Receipt...?? Waiting for ur reply Vicky... What sort of text are you trying to add? I can't think of any reason that you would need to use ReceiptClass. What is objVal? What is x? public function Process(by ref session as Obj...

Problem with Excel-VBA
Hi, I have following problem. I've programmed an application for a customer in EXCEL-VBA with several text-file outputs. The source-code is as below: Public Sub StartSeiteErstellen() Dim fileNr mDateiName = Pfad_AktKatalog & "Katalog.htm" mstrHTML_Kopf1 = Range("HTML_StartSeite_Kopf").Value mstrHTML_Kopf1 = mstrHTML_Kopf1 & Range("HTML_StartSeite_Body").Value mstrHTML_Kopf1 = mstrHTML_Kopf1 & Range("HTML_StartSeite_Fu�").Value mstrHTML_Kopf1 = fVariablenErsetzen(mstrHTML_Kopf1) ' Datei-Ausgeben: fileNr = FreeFi...

Scrollbar problem
When i use scrollbars in any window that needs it, somethimes i get a bug, this is when the window is resized the scrollbar can be used, but it presents the thumb size correctly, can anybody help me with this??? ...

Problem using Allen Browne Calendar
Hi, I am using Access 2003. I am trying to use Allen Browne's amazing pop-up calendar to enter dates into my forms. I have done all I could according to the instructions. I have imported the form and the module and copied the button to my form. When I click on the button, it opens the calendar and all appears to be working, but when I select a date and click OK, there is no change in the textbox which I am using to keep my date info. The textbox in question is selected and the default date (today's date) is highlighted, but no changes are made. Can anyone please t...

Money 2005 problems #3
I just bought Microsoft Works suite of ebay for $30 that included an OEM version of Money 2005 standard edition. What a buggy pice of software this is. I updated my Money 2002 file and have had nothing but problems. How do I merge accounts without it duplicating all transactions? Everytime I start up the program and click 'work off line' it still wants to connect. I mean when I say offline I want to stay off line. This really bugs me. All the help files are online, give me a break, I want to work off line quite a bit and a pain to have to connect just for help. What a piece of c...

Windows mail
My computer did an automatic update on windows vista. Now all my emails have disappeared and I am unable to send or receive email. I have accessed my email from my service provider through the web. Does anybody know what happened and how to fix this problem. I don't know how anybody can notify me if my Windows Mail is not not sending or receiving messages See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 = here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 The messages are stored as eml files, so search for *.eml and see if you = can find them outside of Winmail. ...

AL problem
I have created a new AL under All address list, and i have a problem: i can see the members on preview in Exchange System Manager but i can't see them in outlook address book (i can see the folder but not the members) p.s. the members are in a subdomain in which i can't view and manage the mailbox store (i think for connecting misconfiguration...) Thank all. Is that subdomain domainprepped? Good way to check that is to see if those users have Exchange-generated email addresses. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do no...

How regain ability to scroll down pages with my mouse ball?
I often lose the ability to scroll down Word pages with my mouse ball? I use a Mac Mighty Mouse while working in a Fusion-created Windows environment on my Mac. Thanks, Karl ...

fonts problem
Hello, I'm having problems with my signature. The signature is set in our company font, Helvetica 55. We use Word as editor, and send in HTML format. When sending out mail, the font for the body and signature is in Helvetica. When replying to an email, the body font is usually in Helvetica (not always) but the signature font changes to Arial, Tahoma or Times roughly in line with the font of the original email (but not always.) Replies to internal mail is still in Helvetica. Any advice or help? Many thanks NEIL ...

backup #7
A NT 4 server with exchange 5.5 on it (PDC) A NT 4 server as bdc my question is this suppose the pdc crashes, can i do the following? 1. promote the bdc to pdc 2. delete the former PDC computer account in server manager 3. rebuild the server and install NT on, then exchange with all the same specs as before, 4. Create a new site 5.restore from tape backup 6.when restoring erase all existing data 7. then run ISINTEG -patch 8. then start the IS, DS if already not started would this work? after the exchange server is up and running again, do i need to promote it to pdc again? i have read th...

Problems when trying to publish
Hi Trying to make my first web-site ever. Have prepared a page in Publisher 2003, but when I try to publish on my www adr. I receive a message as follows after having filled in the www-adr as "file name" and said SAVE: -- Filtered HTML-files are smaller than regular HTML-files, and can be published to and downloaded from the internet more quickly.... To make any changes to the web-site, first edit the original .pub file in the Publisher and then publish it again using the publish to the web command on the file menu. Saying OK to this, nothing more happends, and nothing i...

Default Websites missing after running ICEICW
I'm having a major issue with our SBS 2003 Server. I started out having trouble with receiving email to an external email address. I ran the ICEICW thinking this would correct the email problem. Now none of the default Websites show up under IIS Manager nor will the exchange routing engine load. The Inetpub folder is intact and seems all the files are there. I've tried to use IIS Manager to connect to the Server but it fails. Can anyone help? Does a scan with the SBS 2003 BPA show any problems that need to be fixed? Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Bes...

Wandering Mouse
I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how to stop my mouse wandering. In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. If this is on a Dell laptop, it is a fairly common problem for the cursor to "wander" from time to time. It generalyy stops aftr several seconds, but is annoying all the same. If this is not the case, have you tried another mouse? -- Ian -- "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com>...

mouse over effect
I used to be able to use the mouse over effect to change the displayed picture on the website. I have forgotten how to do it. HELP Select the image in the page and use Format Behaviors - select the image swap from the task bar -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Bas" <Bas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853A1E23-E935-4D61-9D5C-104CEBD10C03@microsoft.com... ...

Problem installing #2
When I place the disc in the computer, nothing comes up. No files come up! Is it possible I have a blank disc? Thanks for any help you can give. In microsoft.public.money, Cspencer wrote: >When I place the disc in the computer, nothing comes up. No files come up! Is >it possible I have a blank disc? Does that disk say Microsoft Money 2006 on it? If so, continue. Otherwise, you may be using a blank disk. It goes into the CD/DVD drive shiny side down. If you have had somebody help you with the computer, autorun may be turned off; it certainly is on my computers. So use Windows ...

OL 2003 and GroupWise IM: are there any problems with these two on the same machine?
I've got Outlook 2003 on my desktop. My supervisor would like to put the GroupWise instant messenger (sorry, I don't know its name) onto my desktop as well. Do the two of these things "play nice" with one another? Rod ...

Letter Writing Assistant #7
I have a client that just upgraded to version 9. In version 8 they had customer and collection letters. In version 9 the only option they have is customer letters. Do they need the collection module in order to utilize the collection letters? ...

Looking up words
Hi, I'm collating survey responses where the clients have been allowed to write comments in their own words. I now need to collate the comments into themes. For instance, If I needed to see how many responses said they fed their dogs canned food and the responses were written in sentences like I feed Benji a mixture of bones, dried and canned foods and rice. I need to be able to do a search on the word canned and count how many responses contained that word. I'm using Excel 97...am I dreaming? Hi Lea Assuming your data is in cells A1 to A100. Try =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"*CANNE...

Problems with SEH
Hope someone can help me out on this. Am beginning to feel a bit frustrated. Feel like I have tried everything already (which probably really is not so) and I have no clue how to continue. The project I am working should have been ready a couple of weeks ago. So, here it is. I have this MFC dialog based application using OLE DB consumer classes and using Winsock support. Also, using a wrapper class structured exceptions are to be caught (took me a while to find that I would need the /EHa compiler flag for this). Basically, the MyApp::InitInstance() of the application looks like as follows. ...

WIndows Authentication Connection String
I need to be able to connect to a database on a remote SQL Server from a .NET client using ODBC and Windows Authentication. I need to be able to specify a Domain username and password to connect where the domain username may or may not be the my currently logged in Domain username. In other words, let's say I was logged into the username DOMAIN1\user1. The username DOMAIN1\user2 has been added as a username on the SQL Server. I would like to establish a ODBC .NET connection to the remote server specifying the DOMAIN1\user2 username (and password if needed, which I would suppose it ...

Excel to Word question
I copied an Excel table into Word and then copied it to a CD-RW for someone else to update periodically. They can edit and make changes but are unable to Save the changes. Working with the CD, is there anything they can do to enable them to save? I no longer have the original Excel or Word tables on my computer. Never work on a file that's on removeable media. Never save directly to removeable media. Tell the user to copy the file to their hard drive, make their changes, then burn it back to the CD. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "...

tooltip without a mouse over it?
Hi, I have tooltips working in my statusbar. Currently they work when I place the mouse over them (like they're supposed to). I'm wondering if its possible to trigger them to appear briefly when the mouse isn't over them. This'll be useful to me because it can indicate that a state has changed in the program without being too intrusive. Any ideas on how i can do this? Brett. Hi, I think it can be possible. See in windows all the controls are derived from the class CWnd. So the user defined controls also derived from that class only. Now the current situation is if we mo...

Importing Problems with Outlook97
I am trying to import a .pst file into Outlook 97 after re- installing the progam. I get an error message telling me that I don't have permission to access the file that I'm trying to import. Any ideas? Big Stu <bigstu@mail.com> wrote: > I am trying to import a .pst file into Outlook 97 after re- > installing the progam. I get an error message telling me > that I don't have permission to access the file that I'm > trying to import. Assuming you copied the PST to a CD, copy it back from the CD to the hard drive, right-click it, choose Properties, and...

Problem with Sound
I think, it could be a Windows problem, so I'm posting here... I have Win 7 x64, which generally works fine. However, recently a sound problem developed. Sometimes, after a boot up, there is no sound, while the speaker icon in the notification area (next to the clock) looks normal. In other instances, after the boot up, the speaker icon has red x, but sound is working, or no sound. As I see it, when Win 7 is booting up, the sound system either loads or not, and the speaker icon does not reflect the actual state of the sound system. Most of the times, re-booting solves the prob...

Ms Money and Excel
My bank does not support exporting of statements. I can however copy the information to a excel spreedsheet. How can I convert this spreedsheet into a usable file for MS Money? Have a look at http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/27.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02CEB208-F88D-4656-94DF-65B9629EBDFB@microsoft.com... > My bank does not...