incorrect product key???

I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located at
the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in calling
someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college papers.

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is for Windows, not Word or
Office. If Office 2007 came installed on your laptop and you did not
explicitly pay for it, then it is a free trial version that has doubtless
expired. You now have to pay to get a retail version. If you actually have a
retail version, then the key will be on the packaging somewhere or, if you
bought it online, in the email you received with your order.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Allyson" <Allyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located
>at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in
> calling
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college
> papers.

0
Suzanne
5/31/2010 9:40:47 PM
On May 31, 4:37=A0pm, Allyson <Ally...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located=
 at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in call=
ing
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college pap=
ers.

Allyson -

Suzanne is correct, and few understand that Microsoft has separate
licenses for each of the many hundred products it offers.  If you are
trying to finish youir college papers, you probably have a   .edu
email address and can get the best LEGAL deal available to any non-
business user on MS office.  Type     Ultimate Steal    in to your
browser's search bar and select one of the links to Microsoft that
starts out   www.microsoft.com/student/       ( sometimes it is a good
idea to skip the sponsored links at the top...)  For $60 you get one
of the best versions of Office as a download so you can be finishing
your paper within an hour or so. This is a full and valid copy you can
keep and transfer to other PC's over time, so save (and back up) the
download file and the license key they e-mail to you.  Better yet, you
will qualify for a free upgrade to Office 2010 later this summer!

If you are absolutely tapped out (Like my college age daughter always
seems to be) you can download Open Office from www.openoffice.org
which should be able to open your files and you can finish them.
You'll have to learn their way of laying out menus, etc. and there may
be some formatting issues or other problems with opening an Office
2007 file, depending on how fancy your papers are laid out, but this
should get you through finals.   Then scrounge the funds for the
Ultimate Steal - the version they provide will in all liklihood be far
better (is more complete - does more things) than what was preloaded
on your PC anyway!
0
Bruce

How to change from Ex2007 Standard Ed. license key to Enterprise?
Hi, We're currently running Ex2007 with the SE license key. We recently purchased the Enterprise Ed. license key. How do we go about registering the new EE key into the existing Exchange installation, since there's no longer the option for it under Server Config? Thanks. Run setup from the EE media. "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C7C6217-72E1-427C-9613-A91292C7246D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > We're currently running Ex2007 with the SE license key. We recently > purchased the Enterprise Ed. license key. How do we go about...

Product Code
Hi, I have the product list in two Colum; A1..A5, 101,102,103,104,105 where as in B1.B5 is 'KeyBoard','Monitor','Mouse','Hdd','Printer' Whenever I use any product code e.g. 103 the product name should appear in the next column. and if i enter 106 it should say 'No product' or error. Please help me to solve. with thanks.. assuming you typed the number in F5, in G5 the formula is =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F5,$A$1:$B$5,2,0)),"No product",VLOOKUP(F5,$A$1:$B$5,2,0)) On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:03:49 -0700, "esmail" <husain747@hotmail...

Unofficial RMS Product Roadmap Anyone??
Can anyone provide any insight as to when a real product update will happen. We are caught in a maintenance plan renewal situation where I see it being difficult to justify renewal as we are still unable to use 2.0 due to an ongoing issue. It's starting to look more and more like a black hole to me. ...

Cursor Keys does not change cell focus
I use passwords to protect worksheets (leaving cells unprotected in which data is to be entered) and so I do not forget the password, I write the password in the last row of the last column (IV65536) then I protect the sheet. When the sheet is protected I then cannot use the cusor keys or rather the up/down/left/right arrow keys do not move the cell focus to the next cell of the unprotected cells. I can mouse click on the cell but that is a pain and I should be able to use the cursor keys. If I then delete the data in the last column/row I am still stuck with the problem. Is this an undocum...

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

What is the best program for production reporting
I'm attempting to create a report that combines business as usual processes as well as tracking projects. The purpose is for Measurement of departmental productivity. I'm not sure what application for a 12 month period would best serve what I would like to accomplish. Crystal Reports ...

Registration Keys for Business Portal / BSS
We have installed registration keys at the client but still cant see Business Self Service module on the product key list. What could be the reason? We installed the right keys though... -- Thanks! ...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

Switching from Lotus approach to a microsoft product
I am currently using Lotus Approach Edition 96 for Windows 95. I am planning a long awaited upgrade and am planning to run XP Professional and try a Microsoft database. I use Lotus Approach to track customers for my business. Would it be possible to intigrate this database into a current version of a Microsoft database and if so which one and how seamless would this be. > > I am currently using Lotus Approach Edition 96 for > Windows 95. I am planning a long awaited upgrade and am > planning to run XP Professional and try a Microsoft > database. I use Lotus Approach ...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Enter Key Jump controls
Hello. I have a Dialog and several Edit Box. when i press control Key my program stops. I'd like to press enter key and jump to the next edit box or another control. Any help?? >when i press control Key my program stops I am not sure why this is happening? You could add PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) to the Dialog Then change the keys, or move to some other control, or do whatever you want to do. I'm not sure if you have to do this to each control, or just the dialog in general. From experience, I would not change the default behavior, such as tab moves to the next control Whe...

A single Page print for key items
I have a 2900 line spreadsheet from top to bottom with information about rooms and organized by it's room number: example: col a: b : c : d: 101: Main Lobby: Lobby is 590 Sq ft 102: Janitors Closet: 15 sq ft 103: Elevator room: 15 sq ft 103: Elevatior room 2: 24 sq ft I want to be able to have one source page where I can type the room number in and then allow it to show and then print the room number. No data filters that's ok but not what I'm looking for. Some rooms have like 20-25 lines of information while some only has 3-4. Macro is ok but how? -- Je...

"This product is not installed for this user" Error Message
whenever start msoffice 2k3 components, popups ""This product is not installed for this user", we had already reinstalled multitimes but no success. ...

Get name of selected item for a product
Column A is with names of items. Columns B to D are for entering value of items for products B to D. Value of item is set to be max. 1 and only one item can be selected fo a product. Row1 A B C D Row2 Lamp 1 0 0 Row3 Diode 0 1 1 Row4 2Pin 0 0 0 Row5 (result) Lamp Diode Diode I need to get the result, in the last row of each product as, name o product that has been selected. What should be the formula -- Me...

what is the product ket for microsoft word 2007
i have micorsoft word on my comp but i need the product key can anyone help i really need it for school "tasha" <tasha @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68CA045-8F4E-494E-B66F-3ADCFE4D7437@microsoft.com... > i have micorsoft word on my comp but i need the product key can anyone > help i > really need it for school Why are you asking here? We don't have your Office disk? Christ!!! You're a student? Tell me where you attend school so I can be sure to notify the world you attend a school for morons! -- "Don't p...

Product Keys #3
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello I bought Office v.X a while ago and I use it on an older Mac computer. I also just purchased a new Mac and wished to run my version of Office on it as well. When I run it on the new computer, an error occurs and says that it cannot be run simultaneously on two computers under the same product code and then it closes. I thought that the product came with three licenses? Where are the other licenses at for this and/or how can I obtain them? Thanks much! In article <59b7269b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, St...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

Supposed to have two product keys?
Hi all, I've been happily using my copy of Windows 7 (boxed retail) for a while now. I decided to reinstall I thought I'd make the jump to 64bit using the copy that came in the box. However, when it came to typing in the product key, it said that the key was invalid! I tripple checked it but to no avail. I ended up installing the 32bit again. My question is, should the same product key work with both DVDs? Or should I have a 2nd license key which I never got? Many Thanks, Dave Thanks for the quick reply. My understanding is that at retail you simply buy &qu...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

Symbol Shortcut Key button greyed out
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed - out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007 You need to select the character to which you want to assign a shortcut in the grid of characters. (You can only assign shortcuts to one character at a time.) On May 5, 1:50=A0pm, Thanh <Th...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed - > out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007 Thank you Peter, Yes, I selected a character, but the Shortcut Key button is still greyed-out. ...

Lead to Product and Lead to Competitor relationships
While browsing MS CRM logical DB Diagrams (http://www.microsoft.com/ dynamics/crm/using/sdk/DBDiagrams.mspx) for Sales Entities, I have found many-to-many relationship between Lead and Competitor entities. In SQL Server I made a diagram with the following tables: LeadBase, ProductBase and CompetitorBase and then I added tables LeadCompetitors, LeadProduct (these tables contain no data in my case). You can see my diagram below. I saw many-to-many relationships between Lead & Product and Lead & Competitor. As far as I understand, these relationships must support functionality for adding ...

password incorrect
when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that properties need to be defined. was working ok what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be.... however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!! "Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message ne...

arrow keys #4
Did a search of your posted messages - yes, he had his scroll lock key on!!. Thanks, you guys are great. ...

Product Key #9
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2008 student edition for Mac for my Macbook Air. It is not accepting the product key that came with the software. I have uninstalled the software and reattempted several times. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong (and yes I verified the product key was not mistyped several times) On 5/14/09 5:55 PM, "buckeye1@officeformac.com" <buckeye1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft Office 2008 student edition for Mac &...