I cannot follow links in Word 2007

I have just upgraded to Office 2007. I am enrolled online in a couple of
classes. One of my classes, requires me to download Word Documents, and do
assigments. In one of the documents, there are Hyperlinks to websites.
Everytime I try to follow the hyperlink, I get an error message that says:
"This Operation has been canceled, due to restrictions on this computer.
Pleas Contatc your system administrator." I am my system's administrator, and
have no idea why this is now working. Please Help.

Hi Jbulger,

Your PC's firewall may be causing this behaviour.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jbulger" <Jbulger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0748BF1C-115F-4ED5-AC1A-D1A337648C34@microsoft.com...
>I have just upgraded to Office 2007. I am enrolled online in a couple of
> classes. One of my classes, requires me to download Word Documents, and do
> assigments. In one of the documents, there are Hyperlinks to websites.
> Everytime I try to follow the hyperlink, I get an error message that says:
> "This Operation has been canceled, due to restrictions on this computer.
> Pleas Contatc your system administrator." I am my system's administrator, and
> have no idea why this is now working. Please Help.
0
macropod
1/22/2010 9:38:20 PM
Try to reset the IE settings and ensure IE is your Default Browser by getting
into "Set default program access".

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi Jbulger,
>
> Your PC's firewall may be causing this behaviour.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "Jbulger" <Jbulger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0748BF1C-115F-4ED5-AC1A-D1A337648C34@microsoft.com...
> >I have just upgraded to Office 2007. I am enrolled online in a couple of
> > classes. One of my classes, requires me to download Word Documents, and do
> > assigments. In one of the documents, there are Hyperlinks to websites.
> > Everytime I try to follow the hyperlink, I get an error message that says:
> > "This Operation has been canceled, due to restrictions on this computer.
> > Pleas Contatc your system administrator." I am my system's administrator, and
> > have no idea why this is now working. Please Help.
> .

Hi Sayed Imran,

What particular IE settings do you have in mind and how is making IE the default browser supposed to make a difference? And what if
the OP doesn't want to use IE?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sayed Imran" <Sayed Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04A467D2-6661-4CFC-92C4-5D26E212537E@microsoft.com...
> Try to reset the IE settings and ensure IE is your Default Browser by getting
> into "Set default program access".
>
> "macropod" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jbulger,
>>
>> Your PC's firewall may be causing this behaviour.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "Jbulger" <Jbulger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0748BF1C-115F-4ED5-AC1A-D1A337648C34@microsoft.com...
>> >I have just upgraded to Office 2007. I am enrolled online in a couple of
>> > classes. One of my classes, requires me to download Word Documents, and do
>> > assigments. In one of the documents, there are Hyperlinks to websites.
>> > Everytime I try to follow the hyperlink, I get an error message that says:
>> > "This Operation has been canceled, due to restrictions on this computer.
>> > Pleas Contatc your system administrator." I am my system's administrator, and
>> > have no idea why this is now working. Please Help.
>> .

0
macropod

Custom Action for Follow Up
I guess I am not sure if I need a custom action for a rule or if I need a macro. What I need is for the follow up add a reminder dialog box to come open when I open an email and also open a new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated it. Thank you. Melanie ...

Changing machine gives XslTransform error (ArithmeticException in mscorlib.dll followed by XsltCompileException in system.xml.dll)
I just wrote some code on a dev machine, Imports System.Xml Imports System.Xml.XPath Imports System.Xml.Xsl Imports System.IO Imports System.Data.SqlClient Public Class ClassXMLtoHTML Dim myXslTransform As XslTransform Sub New(ByVal strXSL As String) Me.myXslTransform = New XslTransform myXslTransform.Load(strXSL)'throws error on live machine End Sub and when I put it live I got the following exceptions. A first chance exception of type 'System.ArithmeticException' occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: Overflow or underflow in the arithm...

No tab for error bars in Excel 2007
I have a wierd problem. My company has pushed MS Office 2007 onto my computer set to compatibility mode. When i do a scatter plot, I follow the instructions to put Y axis error bars into the data set. When i get to the "Format Data Series" popup, there is nothing about error bars. How could this happen? I also tried a line graph and had the same problem. I am running version 12.0.6214.1000 SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). This happened because of faulty interface design decisions. Apparently nobody at Microsoft had any experience making real charts, so the features that are needed f...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Structures and linked lists
Hi, I want to do a structure that will be used as a linked list :- typedef struct { HISTORY_DATA *pPrevious ; HISTORY_DATA *pNext ; // + More variables .... } HISTORY_DATA ; Fair enough, this won't compile as it stands but how do I achieve this ? Linked lists are common enough so how do you do it in 'C' (using 'void' pointers and plenty of casting in the code sounds like a nightmare) ? And before anyone asks, yes I'd MUCH rather use a class instead of a struct but in this particular instance I'm not allowed. TTFN, Jon >I want to do a st...

to link my two email address in the send/receiving to outlook
I have set up a new email address and need to have them both link to my outlook and what to change it to the new one when messages are send from outlook. But want to still be able to receive the old ones "jill" <jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACB43207-11EE-4078-A8B7-CD8465996891@microsoft.com... >I have set up a new email address and need to have them both link to my > outlook and what to change it to the new one when messages are send from > outlook. But want to still be able to receive the old ones > Tools-Email Accounts-Add new ema...

Bug found in Outlook 2007
There is a BUG in Outlook 2007 build 12.0.4518.1014. I have TWO profiles, and very often when I start with the non-Default one, and then close it and restart Outlook 2007, I no longer have a choice to select which profile to start it with. The only way to fix that is to go Task Manager, and manually kill OUTLOOK.EXE and then restart it. Then, it works fine. They need to FIX this annoying problem. I tried finding where I can submit a bug report, but could not find anything of sorts on their website. P.S. I am running Vista Ultimate together with this setup. Michael Wexin, you ...

Paste Link and Concatenation
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that I am making into a template. It uses paste links to three other worksheets. Each of the finished templates could be used in around 20 different folders within our network with the three linked worksheets being different for each folder. We use a department ID no. as a unique key and I have created a lookup table that can return the link pathname that it should be pointing to. My question and my problem is can I then use Concatenation to add the sheet and cell address to the file pathname to create my paste link address. Hope you may be able to help. Re...

DPM 2007 on Server 2008 R2 64bit
I have just reinstalled a DPM server, upgrading the OS to Server 2008 R2 64 Bit. I have applied the recent patches KB961502(x64) When I connect to a File share cluster we have on Server 2003 I do not get a list of the shared volumes. I have updated the Agents, I have rebooted the DPM and the File Servers. Still not resolution. What do I need to do to fix this. The latest HotFix i have applied is KB970868. "LCU DPM Manger" wrote: > I have just reinstalled a DPM server, upgrading the OS to Server 2008 R2 64 > Bit. > I have applied the recent patches KB9...

How do I link pictures in visio 2003?
I have a diagram of a room. I want to link blocks (squares with the name of a specific rack) to a diagram of that specific rack? If the rack diagrams are in different files than the room diagram, you could use hyperlinks. If all the diagrams are in the same file, you can use either hyperlinks or set the double-click behavior to jump to a specific page. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:599AE588-8640-4D5C-B66C-7001D92FD5A...

Word page setup window is too large to select OK button
I'm using Microsoft office 2007 on a netbook computer. The screen is so small that the page setup window is too large to see the OK button at the bottom of the window. Can I resize the Setup window or move the window in some way in order to see the OK button? Or, is there a way to have a scroll bar show up on the window. Press Alt+spacebar, which opens a small menu in the top left corner of the dialog. Click the Move item or press M, which changes the cursor to a four-headed arrow. Use the up arrow key to move the dialog up until you can see the OK button, and press Enter t...

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

how do I start a new paper using Perrla in Microsoft Word 2007
Perrla's website says there is an "AddIns" tab in MS Word 2007. I do not see this. I would suggest contacting Perrla as it is their add-in. What you can do to start with is check if their add-in is actually installed and enabled. In Word 2007, press the Office button followed by "Word Options". Then go to the "Add-Ins" item. Check for the Perrla add-in and see if it is in the active section. If not, see if using the dropdown menu at the bottom and the "Go" button can help you enable it. Yves "Osaluvr1" <Osaluvr1@d...

Internet SMTP Routing During Co-Existence 2003 and 2007
I am documenting the cutover plans for a large Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2007. We plan to establish RGC to the regional E2K3 BH servers but not to the AG that provides the External SMTP Connectors which is called INTERNET. LINKSTATE has been supressed on all E2K3 in the org. Inbound External SMTP traffic will initially still route in via the INTERNET AG RG, and it will be cutover to route in via the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport as soon as it can be arranged. My question is, how can I best configure the costing so that mailboxes transitioned to Exchange 2007 wil...

Word Crash
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a Word merge file, data is in a Filemaker file, and every time I try to save the file Word crashes. Hi Ann: Maggie the document. The Maggie: 1. Create a new blank document 2. Carefully select all of the text in the bad document EXCEPT the last paragraph mark 3. Copy it. 4. Paste in the new document. 5. Save under a new file name and close all, then re-open. This technique for de-corrupting is known as "Doing a 'Maggie'", after Margaret Secara from the TECHWR-L mailing list, who first...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Follow-up items
Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the Calendar? Or... Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any folder? Thanks, -Martin Martin <0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net> wrote: > Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. > > Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the > Calendar? Can't answer that. Sorry. > Or... > > Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any > folder? The Search folder &quo...

delete row contains specific word in an macro
Hi, Im trying to delete row that contains specific expression like: In row 444 column b contents (ESSO PRODUITS) i want to delete that row but i have more then one row to find and delete. Try this on a spare copy: Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col B Select from the droplist: ESSO PRODUITS Select all the filtered rows (select the "blue" row headers) Right-click > Delete Row Remove Autofilter -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- Jean-Francois <JeanFrancois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Way to import personal.xls from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007?
Is there a way to import the personal.xls file from Excel 2003 into Excel 2007? (Or the beta of Excel 2010 for that matter?). I was hoping to do this all at one time versus manually copying each module & form from the old personal.xls to the new form of personall.xlsb. Thanks, Chet Just copy and stick into the XLSTART folder for Office 12 You can resave as *.xlsb if you wish. I don't yet have 2020 beta so no suggestion. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:39:55 -0800 (PST), Chet <chetshannon@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to impor...

Access 2007
I have a table with 36 rows containing the field, FiscalYear, values, 1,2 or 3, and EndDate, containing month end values for 3 calendar years, for example, FiscalYear 1 EndDate for January is 1/31/2008, FiscalYear 2 is 1/31/2009 and FiscalYear 3 is 1/31/2010. Repeat for month end Feb - Dec for each FiscalYear. I'm trying to create a query that would return the maximum month-end for each fiscalyear. FiscalYear maxDate 1 12/31/2008 2 12/31/2009 3 12/31/2010 I've been futzing with returning unique values for fiscal year to re...

Adding Pasted Links
I need to add two values together and paste the results in a different worksheet. I have a table with many of these operations. Short of typing the full links, is there a short cut way to do this? thanks -- Champskipper If you've got a formula like =Sheet1!B1+Sheet1!C1, you can copy the formula as far down the column as you like, and the references will change the appropriare row as you copy down. -- David Biddulph "Champskipper" <champskipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438F18BF-7B24-4D2B-8328-FC34BE82A4CD@microsoft.com... >I...

opening an excel document in word
Hello All Does anyone know if it is possible to open an excel document from word? I am trying to copy information from a word document to excel but cannot figure out how to open the excel document from word. Thanks in advance You seem to be contradicting yourself. First you say "Open Excel file from Word" and then you say "Copy information from Word to Excel". Which is it? :) Yes, you can open an Excel file from Word, but you're likely to get a couple of warnings while you do it. Just File-->Open and change the Files of type at the bottom to All Files, and cho...

Link table field format puzzle
I have one issue that doesn't make sense. Maybe some expert could help. I have one table in MS SQL (2005), there are two fields. GrossCost Numeric(15,2) NetCost Numeric(15,2) When I did an ODBC link table inside MS Access XP, the format of the two fields are different. For example, GrossCost will show 16.00 and NetCost will show 16 I open the link table in design view and find out the GrossCost's [format] property are set to 'Fixed' while the NetCost's [format] property are blank. Why Access treat the two fields differently if they have exact the same f...

Inserting data into Word document by a range of dates from Excel spreadsheet
I use Word (2007) to create a weekly "Notes" sheet for my group of Churches. The names of the deceased, which we remember week by week on the anniversary of their deaths, is held (at the present time) on an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. Is there any way (by Macro for example) I can automatically insert the names from the sheet into a table in Word by date range? Or can someone think of a better way to do this? (I don't have Access) Hi Gordon, You can't merge to a variable-row table, per se, but you can do a merge that outputs multiple lines in a tabular format. Word calls t...

Text box format missing when saved from 2007 to 2003
I have a chart that have text boxes with borders and colored backgound in Excel 2007. When I saved the file to Excel 2003 and opened the file in 2003, the text boxes formats are no longer there. The borders and colored background are missing. How to make the formats translate correctly from 2007 to 2003? Please help. Thanks. Hi Itan, It is a known issue which should be fixed in a future update. We understand the frustration, but I don't have a solution for you now. -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "...