How do I restore a missing menu bar in Microsoft Word 2003?

My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc).
How do I restore it?
I am not in Full Screen view.
Thank you!

Use http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

For Word 2003, the registry key to rename/delete is
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Kathy V wrote:
> My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc).
> How do I restore it?
> I am not in Full Screen view.
> Thank you!

0
Jay

Append query with "if" on possible missing field.
I want to do an append query from table-1 to table-2 but the Table-1 may be missing a field [Rep] if so I want to pick up the [Rep] from table-3 Im appending to a field [Rep] in table-1 So far Ive tried building an update query with table-1 & table-3 at the top appending to Table-2 then in the boxes at the bottom - tried Exp: iif(nz(isnull([table-1]![Rep])),[table3]![Rep],[Table1]![Rep]) but all this does when there is no [Rep] field in table-1 is prompt of the variable input.. Anythoughts would be much appreciated.? Hi Rob, here is a 2 step way to do it. Append the data from tab...

Worked in 2003, not in 2007
I have a macro that was in my template which started life as a Word 2003 document. I've created a new template in Word 2007 and transferred all the code into the new document. Everything seems to work except one macro. This is supposed to grab the title of a given attachment, copy it into a new page of the attachment, and include the title. It always crashes on the Selection.Copy line. The only thing I changed was making the word "Attachment" all caps. But even if I change that back and use nothing but the original code, it crashes on that same line. Any ideas? ...

Accounts Missing in Reports > Customize > Accounts Tab <TJS Oviedo>
I'm trying to set up a new report and some of my newer accounts do not appear in the Customize > Accounts tab. The accounts are open (not marked closed) and I have the "Show Closed Accounts" box checked. What gives? I tried Quicken 05 and it mangled my data in transition. I think I'm going to Q06 a/o Jan 1, 2006, starting with a file for a new year. I used Quicken from 92 to 2003. It's got issues, too. At least the reports are much easier to use, save and work with. MS folks... are you listening? M06, I'm reading, is no improvement on bugs, performance and featu...

create a chart in word from cells in excel for specific individua
I am merging information into word from an excel spreadsheet for about 400 individuals. I want to create an individual chart in word for each person specific to their information. I can either pull the info from excel or use the merged info in the individualized word documents to create the chart. Without creating 400 charts, does anyone know how to accomplish this? ...

office 2003 conflict?
Hey all Our company is currently running exchange 5.5 and recently we started having problems with the Internet Mail and the Information Store services periodically stopping (okay, it's more than periodically). This seems to have started happening once we began to install Office 2003 on all new machines for new users, may be a coincidence, maybe not I noticed an article on CNET about Office 2003 causing problems, but couldn't really find anything on the Microsoft website. Does anybody have any ideas or ways to possibly fix this Thanks in advance! Hi Gary, Maybe this article apply...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Bar Graphs
occasionaly when I add data to a bar graph the bars turn into single, vertical lines and I can't figure out why and how to restore the bars Just a guess... maybe Excel is treating your data as time-based data, and you are missing lots of dates. Try this: Select the chart and then choose Chart * Chart Options. Click the Axes tab. Set the Category (x) Axis to 'Category'. John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "rob wallace" <rob.wallace@pinnacle-energy.com> wrote in message news:000901c3512c$3437aa20$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

counting words / prhases in excel
Hi, I have a column with various words (client billable, client no billable, non client etc). These appear in most lines (see below), however I only want to count each group as one, is this posible? cheers Client - Not billable Client - Not billable Client - Not billable Client - Billable Client - Billable Client - Not billable Client - Not billable =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A200<>"")/COUNTIF(A2:A200,A2:A200&"")) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "buzzandbeyond" <david.nixon@ubs.com> wrote in message news:6d4c558a-fb83-4631-8b8f-7d...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Where are non printing text effects in word 2007?
Where are non printing text effect in word 2007? ie marching ants, etc. They are no longer included with the font dialog, but can still be added by macro e.g. Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "Select text first!", vbCritical, "No Text Selected" Exit Sub End If sAnimation = InputBox("Which animation? Enter the number: " & vbCr & _ " 1. Blinking Background" & vbCr & _ " 2. Las Vegas Lights" & vbCr & _ " ...

Missing Font
I have a publication that keeps telling me a font is missing from the computer. I replaced the font long ago and searched many times for a remnant for it in the pub. Is there a way to tell get rid of the error message or find the spot where the font is trying to load? Click OK to the message then in the document select all the text and set it to another font and save file. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:eQR1erBXDHA.2576@TK2M...

Outlook 2003 Reminders
I keep getting this message and cannot figure out why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment. MS OUtlook operation failed." I do not have any appointments that have been set up as recurring? I get the same message and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any luck or advice? - Rob "SammyJ" wrote: > I keep getting this message and cannot figure out > why? "There was a problem reading one or more of your > reminders. Some reminders...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 10-07-04
I keep getting this message when installing MS CRM 1.2. Anyone else had this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_31256612 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, This error can mean a few different things. Below are a couple of KB articles that discuss the error message: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861915 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870105 Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Has Microsoft CRM tracking Stock Products
Has Microsoft CRM tracking Stock Products I don't know what is about this field in product catalog: -quantity on hand -stock weight -stock volume I want to know if is posible to invoice a product even it is not in stock. Thank You. razvan There is no builtin logic around these fields, they are there for informational purposes only. There is also nothing to prevent invoicing an order based on the available stock. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:23:03 -0700, "razvanb" &l...

Word wrapping in Excel
Good Morning, I have a column in excel that is 255 characters long. I have formatted the column width to 100 and wrapped the column in order to "see" everything that is entered in the column, however, only some of the words can be seen. Even after I auto fit the column, you still can not see everything that's listed in the column. The column is formatted to 100 characters, and word wrapped. Why can't all of the characters in the column be seen? Is there something that I need to either turn off or on? Thank you, Tami Hi and also increasing the row heigth (or us...

Outlook 2003 Crashing #3
Hi, Outlook 2003 started crashing on me occasionally a few weeks ago. I don't have to do anything; the error-reporting dialog just suddenly pops up out of the blue. It *might* be happening only when new mail is being downloaded, but I can't be sure because it only happens sometimes, so I don't happen to notice whether mail is being downloaded. I have all the latest Office and Windows updates. I also have been running SpamBayes on this thing solidly ever since I installed both SpamBayes and Outlook in January. I also run scanpst after every crash. Has anybody else experienced...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 11-26-07
I have created a database in Access 2002. It is being run on the desktop. I have a user that is using the database and is running Access 2003. When she opens the data base, she gets the following error message and corrupts the entire database. I can no longer get into the database either. Here is the message: Microsoft Access has detected corruption in this file. To try to repair the corruption, first make a backup copy of the file. Then, on the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities and click Compact and Repair Database. If you are currently trying to repair this corruption then you...

Ease of addressing messages: Netscape Messenger---Good; MicroSoft Outlook---BAD
I liked Netscape Messenger's one-step addressing feature: automatically completing addresses as you began typing them in the "To" field. I was surprised to discover Outlook's cumbersome, several step method: 1) Click "To", 2) begin to type address (auto- find works OK here) in "Find" box 3) Click "To" 4) Click OK---unbelievable! Surely, the great and powerful MicroSoft can take a cue from this very useful feature of Netscape Messenger and design it into Outlook! Is there something I'm missing here? Is there any way around this cu...

Exchange 2003
I've a big problem, in the Dsaccess tab under the ESM, Exchange don't auto discover Global Catalog on other site than itself. So, when the Global Catalog fall down on one site, Exchange Server on this site can't contact any GC and Exchange server not work properly. Question : Autodiscover global access work ONLY in his AD site ? Thanks for answer. Hi, To diagnose the problem, post the output of your 2080 event from DSACCESS... that is the full topology in this site, and "1 site over" . You can get the 2080 event every 15 minutes by turning up diagnostic logging...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. ...

Making Word table columns independent
I have two side-by-side columns in a Word table. I would like to be able to add row(s) in one column without affecting the other column. You could use the Draw Table option to draw in just one row on just one column. "Buck Mueller" wrote: > I have two side-by-side columns in a Word table. I would like to be able to > add row(s) in one column without affecting the other column. ...