Help with installing Word in Guest User account

I've just set up the Guest User logon, but every time I try to launch Word,
setup starts but then gives an error message (-2147024891). I am told that
the Office Source Engine is not running. I go to my Owner logon and set the
OSE to Automatic and then Start. But when I switch back to the Guest logon,
the same message appears. I go back to Owner and find again that though it
is set to Automatic, it is "not running."
The error message says to go to My Computer/Manage/Services and
Applications/Services/Office Source Engine to learn how to fix the problem.
However, My Computer has no "Manage" tab. I access Services through
Administrative Tasks.
Word works perfectly in the Owner logon.
How can I Make Word available to the Guest user?

0
JD

Addenda: I booted in Safe Mode and chose Administrator. I opened My
Computer/Manage/Services/Office Source Engine, and got the message that the
service could not be started from the local computer.
The error message also tells me to go to Program Files/Microsoft/Office
11/1033/SETUP.CHM, to learn how to fix the problem--but there is no such
file in that folder (with View set to show all files).
I tried running Word in the Repair mode from the Guest logon. It got
started, but then the same error message came up.
Should I perhaps run Repair from the Owner logon? Word works perfectly
there, and I'm reluctant to mess with it.
Again, I start the OSE service, and set it to Automatic, yet after a few
minutes I find it "not running." Is that service supposed to only remain
running for a few minutes? I've always had it set to "Manual" and noticed
that it ran when Windows Cleanup was running but stopped running after a few
minutes.
I really need to be able to allow guests to use Word!
"JD" <erehwon@example.com> wrote in message
> I've just set up the Guest User logon, but every time I try to launch
> Word, setup starts but then gives an error message (-2147024891). I am
> told that the Office Source Engine is not running. I go to my Owner logon
> and set the OSE to Automatic and then Start. But when I switch back to the
> Guest logon, the same message appears. I go back to Owner and find again
> that though it is set to Automatic, it is "not running."
> The error message says to go to My Computer/Manage/Services and
> Applications/Services/Office Source Engine to learn how to fix the
> problem.
> However, My Computer has no "Manage" tab. I access Services through
> Administrative Tasks.
> Word works perfectly in the Owner logon.
> How can I Make Word available to the Guest user?

0
JD

sumifs help

Unable to install dpm 2007 sp1 agent to Server 2008R2
I am unable to do an install of the dpm agent to server 2008R2, from DPM Manager I get errors, manual install seems to work, but dpm server is unable to communicate, the is the AgentBootstapperCurr.errlog: PS. I first installed the updated version from 1038 directory, then uninstalled and installed the original SP1 one: 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1801) Failed: F: lVal : (HANDLE)(schService = OpenServiceW( schSCManager, strServiceName.PeekStr(), (0x00010000L) | 0x0020 | 0x0004)): 0x80070424 0D28 0A10 04/03 11:39:58.204 14 main.cpp(1839) DeleteServiceByName for...

Help !

Help with this thing

KB979202 (Silverlight (1) failed to install
Rebooted, shut down all occurrences of IE, tried what I know. Installation returns error code 64C (doesn't help me at all). Any solutions? Nisko wrote: > Rebooted, shut down all occurrences of IE, tried what I know. Installation > returns error code 64C (doesn't help me at all). Any solutions? Uninstall it ? That's the best recommendation I can give for a totally unnecessary multimedia format that was pushed out by Windows Update for no apparent reason other then to increase ad revenue for Microsoft. MowGreen ================ * -343-* FDNY Never F...

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Install error
Our network guy reinstalled Windows 2000 on one of our workstations and left me to reinstall all the applications (which I've never done before). I finally found the cd for Microsoft Office 2002 that matched that particular machine (as he didn't label them) and followed the prompts to install. It said the install was successful, but Outlook wouldn't work. I put the cd back in and followed the prompts to just install Outlook. Still wouldn't work so I put the cd back and told it to reinstall. It said the reinstall was successful, but Outlook wouldn't work. So I put the...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Macro Help

help me #2

How do i stop the End user License Agreement from Popping Up upon.
I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003, upon entering the program every time it starts up, the End User license agreement opens, requesting 'Accept or Decline, as well as Print'. Is there anyway of stopping this? Log on as the system administrator and accept the EULA. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Excel - Challanged." <Excel - Challanged.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37818182-0BB7-472B-B6B2-FEA5D267AA45@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft Office Professiona...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

CasesView For all Contacts of an Account
Hi I need to see all the cases relating to account when i click the case tab. The cases should include the cases of the contacts for the account too.Any help is appreciated Sarah Hate to say it, but this function is not native to CRM as far as I know. c360's Activity Summary does add this functionality though. www.c360.com It works very well. ...