Footnote generates pagebreaks

I'm not sure why, but every now and then, when I insert a footnote, suddenly
every line of text above the place where I want to insert the footnote and
that is in the same page gets its own page.  For instance, I have the
following:

Some text here

The paragraph starts here, bla bla bla
-natural page break here-
Second line of the paragraph bla bla bla
Third line bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Forth line bla bla bla

New paragraph bla bla bla bla bla
Here is the line I put the footnote in
More stuff here bla bla bla
some more stuff, still on the same page

The result becomes
The paragraph starts here, bla bla bla
-natural page break here-
Second line of the paragraph bla bla bla
-page break-
Third line bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
-page break-
Forth line bla bla bla
-page break-
New paragraph bla bla bla bla bla
-page break-
Here is the line I put the footnote in
-page break-
More stuff here bla bla bla
some more stuff, still on the same page

Those "page breaks" cannot be removed.  At least, if they can, I did not
find how.  In draft view, they appear in the same way natural page breaks
would appear rather than how manually inserted page breaks appear.

The only solution I found was to select the whole document, copy, create a
new document, paste it inside... then the page breaks dissapear.  Still, this
is annoying and I lose some information in the process.

hovering cursor over footnote number in text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I used to be able to hover the cursor over a foot/end note number in the document, and a mini window would show me the note text. All of a sudden, my cursor no longer works this way. I don't think I changed any settings, but can anyone tell me how I might fix this? <br><br>Thanks! Check another document: is that the same? You may have converted that footnote to hard text at some point, in which case there is no note text to show. Sorry: I can't think of anything else... On 11/03/10 5:32 AM, in article...

Auto Generate Serial Number
We have an issue where an Item is set to Serial Number Tracking. Every Receipts is around 300 units and need to enter the Serial Number for every item. The Item has sequential numbers received from the supplier in a given range e.g. from 1 to 400. the Serial Number is 20 chars long and a bit time consuming to enter in GP. Is their a product/function that can do this? How about going into the serial number setup for the item before entering the receipt, changing the starting value, then during the receipt entry having the system auto-generate the numbers? This will only work if they ar...

FRx error
'The report will not generate because the balances returned in row 9490 do not equal the amount defined in the corrosponding historical rate table. Adjust the numbers and generate the report again" We are using historical rates and multicurrency as well. The knowledgbase says to upgrade to FRx service pack 4 - we are already up to version 6.7.911 any suggestions? Do any other row lines on the report tie to historical balances in the rate table? If so, then check the 9490 row balance to the balance you have entered in the table. It sounds like the balances simply do...

Editing Footnotes
How can I change how the footnotes appear at the bottom of the page in a document that already exists with footnotes in it? Issues are: (1) Sometimes there is one space, (2) sometimes there is a tab before the footnote text -- both of which I think I've handled in the code below, and (3) in rare occassions, there is no space before the footnote text -- and I have no idea what to do in that case! I want to programatically edit all footnotes to appear with two spaces before the footnote text. Can someone please take a look and advise me (1) have I dealt with the first ...

Excel.exe has generated errors
Hello, I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich Hi are you opening the file directly from your floppy disc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

OL2003: No Categories on Recurring Events generated from Contacts (e.g., birthdays)
OL 2003 SP2 Windows XP Professional (Dell OEM factory installed) --- I categorize my Contacts using my own custom Categories, which are included in the Master Category List. Having migrated to OL 2003 (on a retail Office 2003 Professional CD) on my desktop for about a month, I just noticed Recurring Events in Calendar generated from Contacts info such as Birthdays, Anniversaries have been regenerated without any Categories being assigned. I deleted all of these Recurring Events (including the original ones with Categories) and resave the Contacts entry, but the new Event still has ...

Random number generation
I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? TIA -- Alan Davies Tel: 0788 151 8442 Take a look at the first technique here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.htm In article <#MdKkD#OGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Alan Davies" <alan@davies.info> wrote: > I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive > Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? > > TIA The URL needs to have .html at the end of it...

Footnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a document? I also can't remember how to do it, but I would do it by first looking in Word's Help. You can search for "footnotes" and you'll should easily find the article "Restart footnote or endnote numbers". --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/05/10 13:40, kodnik@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you > restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a docu...

How do I add footnotes in Publisher? #2
How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Hi kgoff (kgoff@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it || possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but || there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Publisher doesn't have this feature. You have to create them manually...usually using superscript etc. ...

OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. #2
Help. My Dell laptop is running W2k and O2k. I used outlook last week, all ok. Fired up on sunday evening and as the app opens I get 'OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.'. I can't find the error log being created. I am connecting to a MS Exchange server. I deleted the profile and then uninstalled o2k, rebooted and stripped out all office/outlook sections from registry. Rebooted. Reinstalled O2k. Created a neww profile with no personal folders, just the pst on the exchange serve...

FLV thumbnail generation
Is there a solution for generating thumbnails for flv files within Windows Explorer? K-Lite and ffdshow don't solve the problem. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you in advance. C.B. -- It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the deserving underprivileged and less fortunate among us. Normally when you installed RealPlayer, and made FLV associate with it, the thumbnail will automatically generate. SIS "C.B." <notreallycbcb@joecementmason.com> wrote in message news:386712DA-7FA6-4998-9B08-90A8F035CE84@microsoft.com... > I...

Exchange 2003 mailboxes not being generated with AD account creation?
I am having an issue with user mailboxes being created at the time their AD account is. I am running a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange Server 2003. Th AD Users and Computers MMC add-in, all have the Exchange Server tabs, meaning that I have the Exchange Server 2003 System Manager loaded on the same machine, but the mailboxes don't appear to be getting generated, even though I get the correct prompt for them at the time I'm creating the user account. Any ideas what I should look for? In news:O0FoQix5FHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Robert Gordon <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dsle...

Making a web link that will generate an Outlook event
Hello I'd like to create a link on our intranet site (where EVERYONE uses outlook) that will create an event on the person's outlook calendar when they click on it. Does anyone know of a format for a link like this? Also, what other things can you do with HTML links and Outlook? Thanks, -----------S Create the appointment in Outlook, save it as an iCalendar .ics file, = copy that file to your web site, and post a link to that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and M...

Changing footnotes to endnotes
How do I change footnotes to endnotes in Word 97? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk Not sure about Word 97, but in 2000 and 2003 go to the Footnote reference create dialog, in 2003 this is under Insert, Reference, Footnote, on this dialog there is a Convert button, clcik this and you have choice of Converting All Footnotes to Endnotes, Converting All Endnotes to Footnotes, and Swap Footnotes and Endnote...

In Publisher 2003, convert endnotes to footnotes
How do you convert endnotes to footnoests in Publisher 2003 How do you automatically place footnoes in Publishr 2003 In WORD its easy, but can't determine how to do it in publisher. If impossible in Publisher 2003 Is there a Utility that accomplishes this?? jerome <jerome@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do you convert endnotes to footnoests in Publisher 2003 Footnotes and endnotes are both things which don't exist as separate functions in Publisher. > How do you automatically place footnoes in Publishr 2003 You cannot. > If imp...

Footnotes
I have a title page for a document with footnotes for each author (4 of them) to indicate their affiliation. I want the footnotes for the text to begin with 1 and then continue all the way through the document (80 pages). However, I have several landscape pages in the document so have had to create several section breaks (thus the restart each section isn't what I want). Is there a way to do this? I don't want to restart each section; I just want the cover page to have separate footnote numbering. I know I can do it by hand, but was hoping there might be a way to do ...

footnote in cell
I would like to put a footnote number, say ie 1 in the cell with an existing number that counts, the footnote however is just a notation that is noted in the body of the spreadsheet and explains what ever is in that cell. Have you tried: <Insert> <Comment> ? -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "norma southworth" <norma@corteseinvestment.com> wrote in message news:A53B70AC-4E80-4AE8-9052-23649FF7D4B8@microsoft.com... I would...

Generate random number
Hi all How can I create a method that returns me a random number between 1 and 20 (extreme included)? Thanks in advance. Luigi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF4C43E2-7D9C-483F-A6DB-7B0B3B0BB3C3@microsoft.com... > Hi all > How can I create a method that returns me a random number between 1 and 20 > (extreme included)? > > Thanks in advance. Random rand = new Random(); int num = rand.Next(1,20); Dubravko * Luigi wrote, On 15-1-2010 10:28: > Hi all > How can I create a method that returns...

footnote
When I import a Word file into Publisher 2003, any footnotes included in the text are lost. I would greatly appreciate some help, and a solution if one is available!! Thankyou in anticipation of your assistance. Robert Nicol You need to add them in manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Robert Nicol" <Robert Nicol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D327290-2B1E-40F9-915A-82B55D6ED79F@microsoft.com... > When I import a Word file into Publisher 2003, an...

How to remove red strikethrough generated as an error?
In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To get rid of the red strikethrough I've tried deleting and retyping, Edit--clear--formats, releasing through Format--effects--strikethrough. There appears to be no validation or links that I can see. The name still appears in red with a strikethrough line. I think it might be generated as a result of some error. Thank you. Could it be the result of format|conditional formatting? FiscallyCOC wrote: > > In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To > get ri...

Getting __declspec(dllexport) to generate the *.def file ???
I would think that touching the header file should automatically do this. How do you force Visual Studio to generate the *.def file ??? "PeteOlcott" <PeteOlcott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:556e6196-4f38-43f3-b6b2-1ba63a44271c@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > I would think that touching the header file should automatically do > this. How do you force Visual Studio to generate the *.def file ??? I'm not sure what tool will generate a DEF file, but you don't need a DEF file if you're using __declspec(dllexport). Exporting from a DLL http://msdn.micros...

Comparing fields from 2 similar tables + generating new table
Hi, I have imported 2 tables with similar structure, and want to generate a new table containing data from both tables, as well new fields that compare the data from the two tables. Eg. Table 1 = Users (Name, Surname, DOB) Table 2 = Persons(F_Name, S_Name, Birthday). I am trying to create Table 3 to have the fields in the following order: Table 3 = Compare(Users.Name, Persons.F_Name, Compare1, Users.Surname, Persons.S_Name, Compare2, Users.DOB, Persons.Birthday, Compare3) The fields compare1, compare2, and compare 3 need to return TRUE if the 2 fields before them contain identical ...

How do I make footnotes appear on each page (cross ref)?
I have cross referenced several footnotes throughout my document. Is there a way to display the footnote on each page where it is referenced? For example, if footnote 2 is on page 4 and I have cross referenced it again on page 10, it is possible to display the footnote text again on page 10? Not without creating a new footnote, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lapple" <lapple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:392F1F11-6EFB-49E7-9348-FDE7CA6A0E4D@microsoft.com... &g...

Footnotes???
Adding footnotes has always been so easy in Word, that I expected the same ease in Publisher 2003. Silly me: I can't even figure out how to insert a footnote in Pub. The help menu doesn;t seem to answer the question either. Help! Thanks! Edit > Edit Story in Word to create footnotes for Publisher publications. Either that or you do it manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "BearPair" <Bear-Pair@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:294dc01c46539$537ba590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Adding footnotes has always been so easy in Word, that I > exp...

easier generation of multiple POs from SOP Orders
When using the "Purchase" button from SOP Transaction Entry window - If you want to do more than one PO for the SOP Transaction, you have to use the "Purchase" button, choose which items to include, then click on "Generate" and the Generate PO window is gone and your SOP Transaction Entry window is cleared. To do the next PO you have to again choose the SOP document and click on the "Purchase" button. It would be a huge improvement if instead of only "Generate", you had a "Generate and New" button that would allow you to choo...