envelopes in word 2002 print crosswise

All of a sudden, the envelope option in word 2002 will not work properly.
No matter how I configure the envelope insertion screen, the printing comes
out crosswise on the envleope.  I have tried all the combinations and the
problem persists.  I uninstalled/reinstalled word, to no avail.  This all
started a couple of months ago.  My word is part of Works Suite 2006.

There have been no new programs added to my computer (winxp pro; sp3), virus
detections, etc.  Only microsoft security updates.

My printer, brother hl-5040 checks out fine with brother tech support.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Update:  uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers; that seems to do it

"Hal" wrote:

> All of a sudden, the envelope option in word 2002 will not work properly.
> No matter how I configure the envelope insertion screen, the printing comes
> out crosswise on the envleope.  I have tried all the combinations and the
> problem persists.  I uninstalled/reinstalled word, to no avail.  This all
> started a couple of months ago.  My word is part of Works Suite 2006.
>
> There have been no new programs added to my computer (winxp pro; sp3), virus
> detections, etc.  Only microsoft security updates.
>
> My printer, brother hl-5040 checks out fine with brother tech support.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Can I Print Speech commands in Excel
Can I Print Speech commands in Excel 2003, on A4 ...

locked publisher 2002 file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

Relative indentation in Word 2007?
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a bit to the right of however indented that point is. Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that, for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2 cm to the right of the previous paragraph. Thanks in advance for any help! No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create...

Printing problem #10
One of our staff has received a workbook with single page sheets in it. But every time we attempt to print it, the printer spews out 20+ sheets although the document only has one page and we can see the print area borders. How do we fix this? -- Yours truly - Canadian Newsgirl hi. Excel is pretty squirrelly when it comes to printing. Highlight the area you want to print. click File>Print area>set print area. >-----Original Message----- >One of our staff has received a workbook with single page sheets in it. But >every time we attempt to print it, the printer spews out 2...

Word 2007 extremely slow to load templates within the Startup fold
Environment: Windows Vista, Desktops & Laptops, Office Professional Plus 2007. Problem: Within the last week, we had several instances reported in which Word takes approximately 2-3 minutes to open and load all of our templates located within the Startup folder. Another sympton is, when double-clicking a file and Word is not running, this error shows: "Windows cannot find C:\ (doc) Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Trobleshooting performed: -recreated Normal.dotm -started word in /a & /s, application opens fine -removed templates from s...

I screwed up my outlook 2002
Folks, I am looking for someone with a silver bullet for my problem. My EX-sysadmin was doing an update to my exchange server hard drive, and unfortunately blew up the system. To compound the issue, it appears that we were not getting backups... <sigh!> I have a couple of guys who set their Outlook to sync Off-line when they travel. Looking at the KB, it seems that there is no recovery due to built-in Outlook security issues. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! S ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Word 2007 Toolbar customization
Hi....... I want to edit a toolbar in word 2007 and add some buttons to the Toolbar and for these buttons I want to write a VB Code which wil add a table to the current ducument at the current cursor position. So, How can I do this??????????? Hi Amit, If you want to add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), do as follows. 1. Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. 2. In the Word Options dialog box, verify that Customize is selected. 3. In the Choose commands drop-down list, select Macros. 4. Select the macro by n...

Envelopes
Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other options. Am I missing something? Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeanne <Buzireland@aol>... > Just purchased Publisher Deluxe...I only see 2 size > options for envelopes (3-5/8 x 6-1/2 & #10 Legal). I > need 4-3/8 x 5-3/4 at least...surely there are other > options. I believe Publisher takes its envelope sizes from the printer driver - updating that m...

Word Art #4
I have been using Microsoft Publisher since the 1995 edition. I have had 4 subsequent versions. My most recent was included with MS Office Professional 2003. I have removed this version and reinstalled a previous one for 2 reasons: 1) The new 'Word Art' feature is like the one has been used in Word for many years. It does not provide the user with the flexibilty of the older versions. 2) The new Clip Art Organizer is inferior to the previous versions and extremely laborious and time consuming to work with and I lack the patience and time to organize something that was extreme...

word
I have been using MS Outlook for my emails for the last 2 to 3 years. To compose emails outlook used MS word. Today however I now get the error message under a MS Word heading that "Interface Not registered" and so cannot use Outlook. Any idea what has gone off and how I can rectify this problem. Thanks. Peter <peter.stevenson5@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I have been using MS Outlook for my emails for the last 2 to 3 years. > To compose emails outlook used MS word. Today however I now get the > error message under a MS Word heading that "Interface Not registere...

Reserved Words Issue
Hi All, I have a query which runs fine and returns what I want to see from a table with columns using the words "Full" and "Function" which I did not realise were reserved words in access. When i add a text box to a report with the code DLookUp("Full Function","Year To Date Summary") it returns the #error message in the text box, is there anyway around this problem so that I can use these words? I really dont want to have to change all the database etc. Thanks On 9 jan, 13:39, blake7 <bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi...

print range won't print
I have a large workbook that I have used for several years. Each month I update the workbook with month end health accruals and then print the specific worksheet. Our Controller opened the file and did some work in it then saved it. Now I can no longer get anything to print. I can set the print range, see the worksheet in the print preview but the printer shoots out a blank page. I have tried saving the workbook under different names but still cannot print. The only way I can print what I need is to start a brand new workbook, copy the range to the new workbook then print i...

Cannot View Image in Print Preview
When I do a print preview I see the entire document except the image. I took the file to another computer and can view the image without any problems. Plase advise. Both computers are running the same version of office (97) and have the same OS (XP) Sometimes print drivers can affect the preview. Are both PCs using the same printer? Matt >-----Original Message----- >When I do a print preview I see the entire document except >the image. I took the file to another computer and can >view the image without any problems. Plase advise. Both >computers are running t...

Does anyone print envelopes on a separate printer and how ?
How do I print a flyer on say, a coor laser printer and a corresponding envelope using a different b/w printer with mail merge ? If your flyer and envelope are two separate publications, you can setup the same data file to merge both publications. You needn't use the same printer for both. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pyroplotter" <pyroplotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:769235C2-000C-4429-9159-2C6EA3F2E482@microsoft.com... > How do I print a flyer on say, a coor las...

Specify envelope sizes
I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. In Publisher 2000 one would select, File Page setup Envelopes Select from the list or input the size of choice. -- Don Vancouver, USA "k9nika" <k9nika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462C7ED1-DE8B-433E-B549-78F30C4E3033@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to specify an exact envelope size. Winthin Pub 2007: Getting Started task pane - Envelopes - On the right side, choose your envelope size Within Pub 2010: File tab - New - Envelopes - scroll down to blank sizes ...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

Printing a Watermark on a Spreadsheet
We want to print a watermark on an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. Ideas? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CFavorite" <CFavorite@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:50C39876-6DBA-4AB4-A626-4AA0062FF351@microsoft.com... > We want to print a watermark on an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. Ideas? ...

outlook/word #2
Whenever I use the "a" key I get a backslash either before or after it. Ex: it is not a\ctua\lly the keybo\ard, a\s a\nother keyboa\rd will do the sa\me thing. we think it must be a\ virus or something. it wa\s a\ lot worse, even to the point of not being a\ble to use the computer a\t a\ll when it w\as bl\acked out a\nd beeping. ricky helped us reinsta\ll norton a\nd spybot a\nd ma\ybe something else. wh\atever he did helped a\ lot, a\ll but the typing problem. if ca\rol ha\s a\ny a\dvice, we're \all ea\rs. Any ideas? Thanks Does this problem occur in notepad? &...

version of word with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I'd like to know how I can retrieve the version of word in an applescript variable ? try tell application "Microsoft Word" set theVersion to the application version end tell Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 02/02/2010 09:31, jzemron@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Hello, I'd like to know how I can retrieve the version of word in > an applescript variable ? > try <br&g...

How to convert amount in word format (Like 40.00 is Rs. Forty )
I want to convert a value of cell in word format, Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 (i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only) is there any formula in excel for this function See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Dinesh" <Dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA0668EA-7A00-4036-A787-A16939314899@microsoft.com... > I want to convert a value of cell in word format, > > Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 > > (i want to convert...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

Word 2007 Versions
Hello, Can someone please provide the list of Word 2007 versions (12.0.xxx.xxxx or whatever the format is) for those versions of Word that shipped (were distributed) before January 11, 2010? Also, if a user receives one of those versions and then installs the mandatory patch, does the version number change? If so, to what? ...

X-Axis word wrap
Is there a way to turn off the word wrap on the x-axis labels? I have labels that are relatively long 2-3 words each, but I am not able to find a way to keep the text from wrapping. When a label wraps, it tends to overlap the next labels. I have plenty of room, but when I resize the chart, at seems to size of the x-axis label area moves proportionally. Can this area be enlarged? Hi, You have very limited control over the layout of the axis labels. If you use the ChartArea format dialog you can uncheck the Auto Scale option on the Font tab. This will stop the font changing when you re...