Embedding font causes Word 2003 to crash

I'm sending a document to someone, and the letterhead has Lucida Casual font,
so I want to embed that so it looks correct on the other computer.  I click
Tools, Options, Save, and choose Embed Fonts.  I've also tried choosing to
only embed the characters that are used, and not to embed common system fonts.

When I then save the document, Word crashes and shuts down.  I tell it to
report the problem, but it tries and tries and never finishes.  When I come
back into Word, there is no evidence that I even had the document open before.

Help!
--
Terri

Installation error on SBS 2003 R2 with SQL 2005
I tried to install CRM 3 (the one that I downloaded microsoft web site) and I received an error "The full-text component is not installed on the specified SQL Server" I removed SQL completely and reinstalled, and made sure that the FullText Search for the particular instance is installed and running. Any ideas? Thanks Hi I have very recently installed on R2 with sql 2005 and it worked, as far as I can tell. One of the issues that I have expereinced on sql 2000 is that if you install sql with the standard options it does not included the sql full text indexing capability....

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

Outlook 2003 with openldap (slpad-meta)
Hi, I try to install a meta directory : openldap with meta (slapd-meta). I can't use it with Oulook 2003. I properly modified the register ("DisableVLVBrowsing"=dword:00000001). Has anybody already met this problem and did find a solution? Thank you. Dominique ...

Tiger and font corruption.
After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade, and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again. Does anyone have a solution? Cordially, Steven Thomas CKLS Automation Services <sthomas@ckls.org> wrote: > After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt > fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before > the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed th...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

IE 8
This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution other than using FireFox Roger "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message news:uOg83jE#KHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This appears to be a common problem but I just can't find a solution other > than using FireFox > > Roger What version of Word? I'm using IE8 and Word with Office 2010 Beta. Copy/Paste as usual. Any particular web site that doesn't work for you? On 20/05/2010 1:09 PM, KCB wrote: > > >> This appears to be a common problem b...

Embed Fonts on Excel File
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. on solution could be install GDT font on all PC where is needed, but not always is possible to do it how can I save the font with the excel file? on office word there is an option to embed fonts on document (save options) to avoid this situation anybody help me .. You can do it in word, but not excel. Henry wrote: > > I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there ...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

salv utility is causing problems in my data file
I am having a problem with Money 2004 and the built in file maintenance utilities. When I upgraded my data file from 2003 to 2004, I had a problem that my new converted file contained some accounts that wouldn't reconcile any longer. What I mean by that is that some transactions in the register simply couldn't selected. When you clicked on the transaction in the reconciliation window, Money would not change to an arrow. So the account won't reconcile. Money tries fix the reconcile error and "sees" the transaction that would fix the problem. But when Money tries to f...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

DPM 2007 Administrator Console starts then crashes
Hi! I have a problem with running the DPM 2007 Adminstrator Console on a DELL Windows 2003 Storage Server - the console starts and displays the protection groups report window for about 10 seconds, then it crashes with the following error: AppName: DPM AppVer: 2.0.8851.0 ModName: mmc.exe ModVer: 5.2.3790.3959 StackHash: DF3AA15C The DPM Command Shell starts & I've done a >GET-PROTECTIONGROUP in it and got a list of all the protection groups. I gues that shows the DPm server is working in some sense, so I am hoping this is just a GUI / MMC error but I'm n...

word 2007
Hello, I am new to Word 2007 - so I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology. My problem is in the view of the document menus: I have to keep pressing "home", "insert", "page layout", etc... to see the menus below them. Currently when I press, say, "home", it appears, I can make a change, but then when I begin typing again, the "home" menu disappears. How do I keep the menus viewable without having to re-click on them? thanks Update: I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 7 on it. I'm actually not sure ...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

Suitable Font for A4 side folded 4 page 'booklet'
I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4 pages. I have used Verdana font 8 points and it looks satisfactory. Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full. I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point size that might be more suitable. I'm using Publisher 2002. I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry Thanks Art I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems small, hopefully your parish...

Excel 2003 -Template Wizard Data Tracking?
I have a client that has created a template using the "Template Wizard Data Tracking" in a previous Excel Version. When she tries to open it in Excel 2003 she gets a template wizard error message. It looks like this add-in is not available in 2003? Does any one know what replaced it? Here is a better description of what she used it for: Expected Activity: Enter data onto template form, which will update master spreadsheet. Template use allows more than one user to enter data onto the spreadsheet. Master spreadsheet is protected from users deleting records in error as...

Setting up Outlook 2003 for the first time
I'm having trouble setting up Outlook for the first time (I've always used Outlook Espress). The first popup message I receive is "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I click OK, then another popup named "Microsoft Exchange Server" - with a "General" tab . . . where I have to type Microsoft Exchange Server: and Mailbox: (with Check Name) beside it. I put my "pop.east.cox.net" in the server box and my email name in Mailbox . . . hit OK, that box...

Changing default font #2
How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I want a certain font to always come up first when I do publications. That functionality is not available. You can however refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/addins.html -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Patches" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:280c01c3fc99$0914cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How does one change the default font in Publisher 2002? I > want a certain font to always come up f...

Word Attachments not being delivered
I have just upgraded to Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 on my server. Everything looks good and seems to be working except that messages that have word attachments are not being delivered. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix? Any guidance would be appreciated. "=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBHcnViZXI=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EC82CC54-2F23-4013-A085-F85C66ECD743@microsoft.com: > I have just upgraded to Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 on my server. > Everything looks good and seems to be working except that messages > that have word attachment...

NT WORKSTATION AND 2003
DOES EXCHANGE 2003 SUPPORT NT WORKSTATION IN REGARDS TO CAN CLIENTS STILL ACCESS THEIR EMAIL IF THEY ARE RUNNING WORKSTATION AND THE EMAIL IS ON A 2003 SERVER WITH 2003EXCHANGE? If you can install outlook on it, they can connect to a 2003 exchange server... <graham@abiuk.co.uk> wrote in message news:1110985595.684093.204190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > DOES EXCHANGE 2003 SUPPORT NT WORKSTATION IN REGARDS TO CAN CLIENTS > STILL ACCESS THEIR EMAIL IF THEY ARE RUNNING WORKSTATION AND THE EMAIL > IS ON A 2003 SERVER WITH 2003EXCHANGE? > So your saying Exchange serv...

font in message draft changes in Outlook XP?
Hi folks, There's a weird Outlook XP problem I've been seeing, and I want to know if anyone here's run into it. I'm running Windows XP Pro with Outlook XP SP2, and occasionally, I'll see this weird behaviour. When I compose a message in Outlook, I'll be typing away. All of a sudden, activity on the computer will freeze for a fraction of a second, and Outlook will save the message in the Drafts folder as it's supposed to. The only problem is, all the text in my draft message will change from Arial font to Times New Roman font!! Same size--10 points. I don'...

RSS feed causes Outlook 2007 to close
Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I find that whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? Mike Bernstein Any RSS feed or just one specific one? Do you have SP1 installed for Office 2007? Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista? XP? IE6? IE7) Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to ...

Advice on font for A4 side folded booklet
I preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4 pages. I have used Verdana font 8 points and it looks satisfactory. Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full. I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point size that might be more suitable. Thanks Pat Verdana's okay - it's not "fancy" so it'll be easy to read. Depending on the age of the folks who will be reading your program, you may find 8 pt is a bit small. I wear bifocals and find 10 pt easier to read. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Mic...

How do I add a pdf file to a word document?
I am making up a booklet for students and need to add the contents of a pdf file to the end of my word document. If I cut and paste it changes the format. It is all legal, non-copyright stuff! I'd suggest asking the author for the original file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "majpurple" <majpurple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:805ABBEF-F24E-4E59-A655-DB15DCA700EC@microsoft.com... >I am making up a booklet for students and need to add the contents of a ...

Fonts increasing in size with each reply Entourage 2008
If you are seeing problems with font size increasing with each reply in Entourage 2008, see this blog article for how to report this problem directly to a MSFT developer. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/02/fonts_increasing_in_size_with_each_r eplymsft_is_listening.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

How to do a global search and replace of a font in a Pub 2003 file
I have a long document given to me with text boxes that were not created using Font Schemes. Everywhere there is Times New Roman, I have to change it to another font. This is so easy in Word, but I can't figure it out in Publisher. Help! When you apply a font scheme to a text box, all the text boxes should change. On the toolbar, Format, Font Schemes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srhamm" <srhamm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4DA6A-52FA-43F7-84F2-4513CCCD6E99@microsoft.com... > I have a long document given to me with...