Edit Links Error Message

I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another source.
When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first,
then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and
tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes up
repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the
update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close
the document and start over.

I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links to
Files) and broken all the links, but it doesn't change anything - I still get
the message for each link, even though they have been broken. Can anyone help?

You need to UNLINK (Ctrl+Shft+F9) the the invalid links.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"The BFM at IDA" <The BFM at IDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another
> source.
> When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first,
> then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and
> tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes
> up
> repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the
> update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close
> the document and start over.
>
> I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links
> Files) and broken all the links, but it doesn't change anything - I still
> get
> the message for each link, even though they have been broken. Can anyone
> help?

-1
Terry

Why doesn't my Clip art on Office online link work?
I can open my browser and get the clips this way, but I can not just click on the link to go to my browser. Click on what link? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cmaster" <cmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23EDE97A-8127-46C0-B166-D3B2B7269336@microsoft.com... >I can open my browser and get the clips this way, but I can not just click >on > the link to go to my browser. Once you open Publisher, and selct the type of publicatoin, if you go to insert , picture,and then clip art, in the lower left corner of the window. There...

Useful link
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?17000000037182 ...

SMTP and DNS errors
Had a strange problem today, wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows what might have caused the problem? On our Exchange Server I modified the SMTP retry intervals in exchange system manager. Some hours later, the outbound queue grows with unsent messages with this error for most items: "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS" Tested DNS with nslookups against 2 internal DC/DNS servers for destination MX servers on the exchange server. This worked with the SECONDARY DNS only. Modified TCP/IP properties to promote SECONDARY DNS to PRIMARY and vice versa. Em...

link
http://peb.pl/inne-programy/125446-rapidshare-pocketpc-aplikacje-29.html ...

Copying Between Databases Without Linked Servers?
I have a SQL Server 2005 machine called "Dest" and a 2008 machine called "Source" and a 2008 machine called "Console". Each has the same SQL account with appropriate permissions and rights on all 3 to do anything. Without using a linked server, how can I sit at "Console" and execute a "select into" fromthe "Source" database to the "Dest" database? Thanks. "SnapDive" <SnapDive@community.nospam> wrote in message news:qcurk5dp3cem0l63d19io59nemtjv88534@4ax.com... >I have a SQL Server 200...

editting auto recovery

Message Queues #2
I want to implement some sort of message queue. I have a client application and a server application. The server communicates with radio modems and can only communicate through a serial link. The client application has to be able to send commands to the server and the server must then send these commands down the serial link. The server must be able to queue up the messages and then send each one down one at a time. Is there any tutorials, examples or help that anyone can provide?? Thanks in advance !!! Lots of mechanisms exist. Part of it depends on the degree of traffic. The most ...

Won't Allow Clicking a Link in a Message
Suddenly, Outlook will no longer allow me to click on a link or picture that takes me to a website. I get an error message that says: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator. I compared my Security settings with my wife's settings and everything checks out the same as hers. Any ideas on this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Jim" <jim[at]walkersdomain[dot]com> wrote in message news:e6WEpTqcKHA.612@TK2MS...

0xC0207015 error in SSIS but not DTS
Folks, I have DTS jobs that I moved to a SQL 2005 server which run fine when I execute them manually as 'legacy' jobs. However, when I try to schedule them (run them via SSIS), they generate this error: Error: Code: 0xC0207015 Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DestinationFile [43] Description: There is more than one data source column with the name "ward". The data source column names must be unique. Why does SQL 2005 choke on this when SQL 200 didn't? Am I missing something? Please advise, thx. "jj" <jj@discussions.microsoft....

I am getting a message "Unable to open http:...." while working o.
I am getting a message "Unable to open http:....blah, blah, blah. How do I get rid of this? It pops up every minute or two. See what programs are running in the background? "dicky" <dicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8BFD7D-AD65-447C-82B1-33FDA2358242@microsoft.com... : I am getting a message "Unable to open http:....blah, blah, blah. How do I : get rid of this? It pops up every minute or two. ...

Intelligent Message Filter Updates??
I am wondering if anyone knows if there are plans to roll out updates to the IMF for Exchange 2003. I installed the update from Feb 2005 right after I installed the IMF, but it would be nice if the product had recent updates. It has been working pretty good, but it isn't catching enough. thanks, Frank Hi Frank, You have the most recent IMF update. It is currently unknown when the next update is planned. Microsoft will most likely monitor the effectiveness of the feb update and release a one when it becomes less effective. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Ex...

BOM & Edit List

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

links

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

error about create dialog
hi, all i download the mpc(media player classic) code, the process of compiling is ok, but when i run it(debug mode), i got an unhandled exception in this line: m_wndCaptureBar.Create(this);(mainfrm.cpp) i tracked it, hWnd = ::CreateDialogIndirect(hInst, lpDialogTemplate, pParentWnd->GetSafeHwnd(), AfxDlgProc); at this line throw the exception. i dont know what happened. someone can give me some tips? maybe my english is bad, i wish you can understand the meaning. Best Regards... Hi, One of the reasons this could happen is that the resources are not compiled into the proje...

Link to an email address
Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? Yes, Just add a content editor button that has a mailto tag in the HTML "Dave Eade" wrote: > Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / > button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? ...