Display error

I have a coworker that is having problems opening word documents, he is on
Windows XP, using WORD 2003.

The document he is trying to open says it's a 97-2003 file type and when he
opens it, each page is blank.  It will print content, but nothing displays on
his screen.  I have WORD 2007 and the document opens and displays content
fine for me.

But once this display issue occurs, it happens with any WORD document he
opens.

Any ideas?

Does the document comprise scanned images or picture objects? Go into
options and check to display images.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a coworker that is having problems opening word documents, he is on
> Windows XP, using WORD 2003.
>
> The document he is trying to open says it's a 97-2003 file type and when
> he
> opens it, each page is blank.  It will print content, but nothing displays
> on
> his screen.  I have WORD 2007 and the document opens and displays content
> fine for me.
>
> But once this display issue occurs, it happens with any WORD document he
> opens.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Terry

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

download error message
When attempting to download my statement in Money 2004, I get the error message "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Contact your bank." I contacted my bank (B of A). They said the problem was with Microsoft Money. The download was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. How do I fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, MILTON wrote: >When attempting to download my statement in Money 2004, I >get the error message "The file you attempted to import >appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Contact >your ba...

crystal report error 07-14-04
when i try to open a built in reports witch come with CRM it gives an error "Object doesn't support this property or method " the page of the report is displayed and the tools above appear normaly but in the body of the report the page is blank and this massage appear "Object doesn't support this property or method " anyone have an idea or saw this before? thanks in advance ...

Error When Going Offline 12-29-05
Hi, We just reimplemented CRM in new server by taking the data from the old one. Some clients who used SFO unable to go offline. When offline toolbar was click and initializing started, then there was an error "cannot generate sspi text" and "metadata cache error - no entity" Does anyone know how to solve this issue?? Thx Carrie ...

Errors After Re-Installing Office 2004
Hi there, I had to re-install Office 2004 as I discovered part of my installation was missing key elements that I use. However, I am now having two major problems. I have not yet downloaded the Office Updates and am not sure if these will resolve these issues. This is because the server keeps going off-line. Get part way through and then it gives an error messages (not communicating) and having to start from scratch again. This is the cumulative update for May 8th, 58.5 MB (11.3.5). I'm using an Intel iMac with OS X 10.4.9. 1. In Entourage only, I receive "This identity cann...

Display Time in Outlook

outlook 2002 sending error
can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway please help Go into the Properties of the email account select More Settings > Outgoing server and check "My Outgoing Server requires Authentication", if this doesn't work I would contact your ISP "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008f01c3d920$6d528010$a101280a@phx.gbl... > can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error > message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway > > please ...

Ping Brian Tillman re Errors in connecting to POP mailbox
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C55538.4DB27E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Brian I posted a transcript of the Outlook logfile on 5 May - did you see it? --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C55538.4DB27E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HT...

How to select & display distinct values

PK and FK Displayed

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

error #2
i have a inhandled script exception with exception_class_script_out_of_range This would probably be better handled by logging a support case via eSupport. However, to assist you they would need to know the exact message that you were receiving and any details or more info the dialog might provide. They would also need to know what products you have installed (by providing a copy of the DYNAMICS.SET file) and exactly what are the steps to reproduce the error. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions h...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Stop displaying a line

Web Services install error
Hi everyone, I keep getting the following error when I try to install web services or econnect. Error Number = 25001 Error Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'VOIDED'. Error Source = eConnectInstall90.LoadProcs.AddSQLStoredProcedureLine Number = 240 I have the Web server and SQL Server on separate machine. Does anyone know what the problem is? When I try to install web services on the web server, i get this message. When i install econnect on the sql server, i also get this message. thanks, nick I finally figured it out. It ha...

SQL Error
The follpwing code in an event procedure produces the error: A RunSQL action requires an argument consisting of an SQL statement: Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Penalties.Type,Penalties.Penalty FROM Penalties;" MsgBox strSQL DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL the messabe box displays what seems to be a valid sql string. It look like: SELECT Penalties.Type,Penalties.Penalty FROM Penalties; when I cut the text between the " marks and paste it in a query it works just fine and display the expected results. what am I missing here??? RunSQL is used to run an action...

Smartheap Library Error
v7.x Great Plains - Has anyone experienced Smartheap Library errors when leaving the system on (for example, if you have the Sales Document numbers smartlist open) for an extended period of time and coming back to it later? Is this a known constraint in Great Plains? The typical error message is "SmartHeap error handler recursively re-entered". Thanks Hey YCI ... hopefully you'll see this post. One of our users used to get a smartheap error in r7 ... in his case it was w/ reference to the mfg pegging window. I was told that ... Great Plains can only handle "7 laye...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...

Display or not display series