Corrupt document - please help!

I have a very important document that has gotten corrupted - it kinda looks
like it is something to do with show codes at first but it is not that..

all of my footnote/references have been corrupted
all my hyperlinks are shown as
  !! HYPERLINK [web address followed by paragraph marker] hyperlink
all my images are shown as
  !! INCLUDEPICTURE [web address of picture] \*

plus there is a whole section in the middle of the document that is acting
like a black hole!!!  ;-)
The doc is available here:
http://www.exceptiona.com/intranet/worldwidewomencorrupted.doc

Thank you for your help in advance!

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the view from field codes (what you're seeing) to
field results.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"msollicito" <msollicito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a very important document that has gotten corrupted - it kinda looks
> like it is something to do with show codes at first but it is not that..
>
> all of my footnote/references have been corrupted
> all my hyperlinks are shown as
>  !! HYPERLINK [web address followed by paragraph marker] hyperlink
> all my images are shown as
>  !! INCLUDEPICTURE [web address of picture] \*
>
> plus there is a whole section in the middle of the document that is acting
> like a black hole!!!  ;-)
> The doc is available here:
> http://www.exceptiona.com/intranet/worldwidewomencorrupted.doc
>
> Thank you for your help in advance!

0
Suzanne

opening old MS Word for Mac documents
I have many Word documents I cannot open on my present OSX.4.11 PowerBook G4 computer. All of them are from November 1992 and before. I can open all later documents. The earlier documents can open in Word or Text edit, but they only show the greeting of the letter or the first few words of the document and then revert to gibberish. Its hard for me to accept that all that historical material is now lost forever. Thanks You could buy MacLink Plus, as it can open older Word formats (all the way down to Word 4). Also, some older Word for Windows application might be able to open them. <h...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Personalized IV Document Number
Im creating a personalized IV Document Number, that work fine if the user is using tab key. But if the user click in other field, IV Document Number dont work. Which event i use? POST, Change, Pre... Regards Cesar, Could you post the code you currently use and tell me which event it is attached to, and which field? Leslie "Cesar" wrote: > Im creating a personalized IV Document Number, that work fine if the user > is using tab key. But if the user click in other field, IV Document Number > dont work. > Which event i use? POST, Change, Pre... > >...

Excel 4.0 Macro help files for Excel 2002 do not work
Either from within Excel, or double clicking on the XLMACRO.CHM file from within Windows Explorer, I always get the same screen: Download the updated help screens. I DID THAT, AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE! CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? Have I got the wrong files, or is some switch set wrong somewhere? I've downloaded, installed and added the excel 4.0 macro help functions that are necessary, and into the correct directory. It's located with all the other help files. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033) I've downloaded from 2 update files, and neither makes a diffe...

Kindly help me!
Hi, I am a perfect newbie in MS Excel. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. I have lots of BILLS in form of paper in an *unorganized manner. Now I want to make Five columns, 1: Date. 2: Amount. 3: Currency. 4: Company. 5: Description. After these columns are created, I will start entering data. Now I want this data to be sort on "monthly basis". Like BILLS are arranged on month basis. But problem is that, I don't even "know how to create a column"? "How to name a Column?" and "How to sort data on mothy basis". This is simple task, but kindl...

Corrupt
Is there a way to check to see if you have a corrupted excel workbook. I have one 2.5 MB and all of a sudden it takes a very long time to save. Also when I copy information from it to another it some times reformattes the whole workbook to HTML style. Is it " run MS office Diagnostics in the excell option? Or is there something else that will locate a promblem. Thanks. Dpal ...

how do I get rid of formating symbols that show up in my document
Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they are some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5144F489-3D4C-4964-AF1C-7624B9C33E2C@microsoft.com... > Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they > are > some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them ...

Help
My Word documents don't automagically resize since I customized a toolbar. I expanded the toolbar from 2 "lines" to 3 lines (of icons), and made the height of the toolbar as small as it will go. Now most (but not all ) documents open with the top 1/2 inch or so of the Word document "under the toolbar" -- and it's a pain to drag the documents down to resize them. Can anyone give a suggestion or a pointer on fixing this?? I'm surprised I can't figure this out -- I guess I thought that the documents would "resize" themselves -- automatically....

need help...crm reports errors
I followed the instructions for rebuilding the tables in the crystal reprots database. I got these errors in the log file: Timestamp ProcessID ThreadID Message [Fri Aug 27 14:14:39 2004] 1480 3428 assert failure: (Y:\backend\aps\DatabaseSubsystems\ODBCDatabaseSubsystem\OD BCDatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:628). (0 : no message). [Fri Aug 27 14:15:10 2004] 1480 3428 assert failure: (Y:\backend\aps\DatabaseSubsystems\ODBCDatabaseSubsystem\OD BCDatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:628). (0 : no message). [Fri Aug 27 14:15:10 2004] 1480 3428 assert failure: (Y:\backend\aps\clientutilities\db...

OWA 2003 Issue (Attachment corruption) #3
Hello everyone, We have Front-End/Back-End configuration of Exchange 2003 Std. servers (SP2 and all hot fixes after it). So, if someone sends e-mail with attachment through OWA the attachment becomes corrupted (it has same size and name but could not be read by any application / system splits attachment and put 2 parts of it into message using the same name of file). It happens to all documents (Word, Excel, PDF) image files (JPG,GIF,PNG) are affected as well. We tried to send those files through usual MS Outlook 2003 and they go just perfect. We have McAfee Groupshield 6.02 for Exch...

Help with outlook 2000
When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen the screen split horizontally and the inserted document is shown below the message. Thanks in advance. Dave Dave G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attach a document in outlook 2000 it attaches it > into the mail message. How do I either get an atachment > pane under the "cc" and "subject" panes, or I have seen > the screen split horizontally ...

Excel Macro Help #2
Hello, i'm new to excel and need help on something rather basic. [image: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9484/excelhelp18hl.jpg] I have a product that i want to be added into the overall basket at th bottom of the page. The product that shows in the drop down tabl appears in the process area of my project in C11 (as you can see in th picture below) [image: http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/7951/excelhelp27hu.jpg] What i want is a macro so that when i press the "Add To Basket" the c1 box in the process area appears in the OverAll Basket area. Any help will be appreciated...

Need formula help #4
I have a timesheet that has Sunday thru Saturday on it. I have a table made where absent hours are entered. I want my absent code letter (say the letter S for sick) to show up on the particular day of the week that it was used off of the table of paid hours. How do I get excel to look at the Sunday thru Saturday absent hours and determine which code to put.... V for vacation... S for sick.... P for personal... ect. In the example below I would want the letter S to show on Thursdays Absent hrs and the letter V to show on Mondays Absent hours. The rest should show a blank cell. Thi...

Need help w/Money 2008
I downloaded the current version of Money and tried it out. I converted from v 2003 and entered a bunch of data and like it. I went to Amazon and purchased what I assumed to be the same version as the download trial. Of course, the copy I bought is older than the version I downloaded and I now cannot open my file with Money 2007. I uninstalled 2007 and reinstalled v 2008 but I can't find any way to "back rev" it so I can use my paid for copy of Money 2007. Is there any way I can convert the 2008 version file to 2007 so I don't have to buy 2008? TIA -- Tim Money files...

Help with query...
I need to create a querry that needs to have values of two different columns to be looked up in another table. Ex. Table: ChangeDetails Column: Note Column: PaperStatusID Column: DigitalStatusID Table: Status Column: StatusID Column: Description I need a querry that will display the Note, Description from the Status table (where PaperStatusID = StatusID), and Description from the Status table (where DigialStatusID = StatusID). I need this in a single query, but I'm not good at queries yet and can't figure out how to do this. Here is sample data to clarif...

Documentation Question
I recently applied Great Plains 7.5 SP5 to my site. Usually I see a list of bugfixes and feature changes. After checking around on CustomerSource for most of this afternoon I cannot find specific details as to what Service Pack 5 does. Does anyone know where this information is located? Also I would love to see specific changes in Great Plains 8.0 compared to 7.5. I have seen promotional material with vague general references, but would like specifics. My CFO is considering pushing for an update to 8.0 but without any specific details I am hesitant. Espcially since we have only bee...

Why I Can't use my document
I had save a document and now I can not work in it anymore and in anyother publisher saved documents, why that? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F1BF475-99F1-4621-B66E-8641C37FBF5A@microsoft.com... >I had save a document and now I can not work in it anymore and in anyother > publisher saved documents, why that? Have you activated Publisher? Is Publisher a trial? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps....

Find/Replace forumula help
HI, I have a formula such as =3*3.3, 4*3.3, 5*3.3 and so on...howeve now i want to replace the 3.3 factor with 1.3 in multiple cells usin Find/Replace....i tried that but it replaces the entire value of let say 3*3.33 with just *1.3. How should i go about this. Basically i need to find a certain factor and replace it with anothe factor in formula worksheet using find/replace. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jim, Since you are looking for a wildcard character, you need to preceed it with a tilde in the replace: Find What: ~*3.3 Replace With: *1.3 HTH, Bernie MS...

Fonts being corrupted
Situation: Restart computer and open Word, Excel, Power Point - no problems. Quit MS Stuff - all office 2004 Open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. Go back and open Word, Excel, Power Point - at the optimizing font part of the startup, it pops up a dialog box something about corrupted fonts. Several fonts are said to be corrupted. Restart and all works fine. Run updates from MS website - 11.1.0 Dumped prefs in ~/library/prefs/microsoft Restarting fixes the font problems and it works fine until we opening Adobe stuff. Brian ...

repaired a corrupt mailbox store, what to do about corrupt emails
Good morning, One of our mailbox stores got corrupt last night. I went through the process of the repair, offline defrag, etc. and I have the store up and running. As result of the corruption, some of the users are experiencing mail items they can't delete/open, or the mailbox is reporting x number of unread msgs that aren't there. Most of these seem to correspond to the time the store went down. Now I have prepared the users to the idea that these messages may not be recoverable, but I don't know the best way to go about cleaning up the few users that have corrupt emai...

Excel has virtually frozen
Any Key strokes / mouse instructions do not get any response from the software ...

How to find errors in documents
when you have a series of data and you have a space or error in your numbers when you are using functions and formulas. how do you find where there error is in the data if you cant see the space or cant see where the error might be that is causing the formula answer to be wrong. Hi Pnoahjones, Numbers with spaces are treated by Excel as text. Provided you're using the default cell format, rather than left-aligned, the text strings will be right-aligned. You can clean up a selected range, or a whole worksheet using the macro below: Sub TrimRange() Dim SBar As Boolean, Ce...

Tiger and font corruption.
After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed the Tiger upgrade, and re-installed Office. Result is the same problem all over again. Does anyone have a solution? Cordially, Steven Thomas CKLS Automation Services <sthomas@ckls.org> wrote: > After installing Tiger on my iMac G5, I get a message about corrupt > fonts everytime I start Word. I saw a message about uninstalling before > the update, so I uninstalled Office, re-installed th...

Bridgehead Server documentation
We are going to add a second Exchange 5.5 server at a remote office... one Site. And I was told the best way to do this is with a Bridgehead server. I am striking out though, on finding some documentation on this. Any suggestions? Thanks Not much to this, except in the connector, you are specifying a server or servers that will be responsible for sending through the connector. If you mean that your second server is THE second server in the organization, I would worry about this - a bridgehead is only used when you have multiple servers within a site and you want them all to communicate th...

help with formulas #2
example of what i want to do: take a number from F1 and add it to D2 and then have the sum placed in F2. i want to set it up to continue to do this for every new number entered in column D it will then place the new total in column F. Help!!!!! neka The first part of your query is simple enough. In cell F2 enter: =F1+D2 The second part of your query requires a little more clarification. George Gee "neka" <neka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8226E2-ECC5-4A59-8F05-92F4E4BFE088@microsoft.com... > example of what i want to do: take a number fr...