Compatibility Mode settings in Advanced Word Options

I set the 'Compatibility options for:' to All New Documents and the 'Lay out
this document as if created in:' to Microsoft office Word 2007.

I close and relaunch MS Word, and it comes up in Compaitbility Mode and the
Advanced Word Options are back to the default settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you been into Word > Options > Save tab and set the 'Save files in this
format' option to Word Document (*.dotx)?

That's Alt+F, I, S and the very first option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"OU81259" <OU81259@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I set the 'Compatibility options for:' to All New Documents and the 'Lay
> out
> this document as if created in:' to Microsoft office Word 2007.
>
> I close and relaunch MS Word, and it comes up in Compaitbility Mode and
> the
> Advanced Word Options are back to the default settings.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

2
Terry
12/31/2009 8:43:43 PM
If you see [Compatibility Mode] in the title bar as soon as you start Word
then that indicates Compatibility Mode is being turned on by default via the
Registry. In the Registry locate:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options

and see if you have a CompatMode DWORD value. If so, delete it (it's not
part of the default installation) or edit the entry and change the value to
0.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"OU81259" <OU81259@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I set the 'Compatibility options for:' to All New Documents and the 'Lay
> out
> this document as if created in:' to Microsoft office Word 2007.
>
> I close and relaunch MS Word, and it comes up in Compaitbility Mode and
> the
> Advanced Word Options are back to the default settings.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

0
Beth

Word 2007 form: Check boxes are making my other fields stop worki
I’ve created a form in Word 2007, using form fields and checkboxes. It looks great. After I lock it, I can fill in the text fields. But as soon as I click a checkbox, I can no longer fill in the text fields. I go back to the text fields I already filled and try to edit those; I cannot. It’s as if they become read-only as soon as I click on a checkbox. What gives? This is really frustrating. I am using the Rich Text Form Fields (the very first icon on the Controls section of the Developer tab) and the Check Box Form Field (under Legacy Tools, Legacy Forms). Thanks f...

Access Violation in mfc42.dll when activating dlg in release mode
hi! for simulation purposes i have an io-card simulation dialog on which i am able to see the actual output and set the input flags of my io-interface. it's a popup dialog with parent = 0 (if this matters). in debug mode everything works fine, in release mode it does either as long as i want to set an input (button on the dialog). i get an access violation in mfc42.dll - the developer studio halts on void* CMapPtrToPtr::GetValueAt(void* key) const // find value (or return NULL -- NULL values not different as a result) { if (m_pHashTable == NULL) return NULL; UINT nHash = HashKey(ke...

Backwards Compatibility
Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visio 2002 The file format between Visio 2000 and Visio 2002 is the same. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Matt" <matt.burton@linklaters.com> wrote in message news:0d4901c3b3fd$ce8bebc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems > when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visi...

Mail message from Word template
Hi, How can I create a new mail message from an existing Word template? Thanks. In Outlook 2003? Create a new document from the template, then choose = File | Send To | Mail Recipient --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "S. Diego" <sdiego@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:uqSCb5GRHHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, ...

Formulas Instead of Advanced Filter
Hi there, I have Excel 2003 and want to have formulas that do the same work as Advanced Filtering. I currently have a system that looks at data in one column (X) and, with a mixture of If, Index and Match formulas, determines unique data and places it in a neat column (AI). The formulas are below. However, I now have eleven columns that hold most of the same data but each column may (or may not) have one or two more unique data in addition to the data that is shared by the majority. If I had the data in columns V2:AF300 and wanted to have the unique information in a neat column st...

Setting Page Breaks
This is driving me crazy... I have a spreadsheet with 3 rows merged into 1 (many of these). Sometimes when I insert a new row (3 excel rows) the page break will be inserted in the middle of my row. How can I, with a button, set the page break every 27 rows per page and print preview? And incidentally, to the left of column N? Thanks, Dave on 9/9/2011, Dave supposed : > This is driving me crazy... > > I have a spreadsheet with 3 rows merged into 1 (many of these). > Sometimes when I insert a new row (3 excel rows) the page break will > be inserted in the middle of my row. How...

download word 2002 again
I bought Word 2002 with my Dell laptop last summer running Windows Vista. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and had to do a clean install, so I lost my version of Word. I still have my product key but I can't figure out where I can download Word 2002 again. If you got Word 2002 with a laptop last summer you almost certainly got it as part of Works Suite (since Word 2007 was the current version at that time). And a Dell laptop almost certainly came with an installation CD for Works Suite. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA...

The correct way to set XSD namespaces?
Hi, I have created a set of schemas for messages that i need to exchange between services. I set the targetNamespace ="http://mycompany/services/abc" and the root elements have names like FindCustomerRequest, FindCustomerResponse, CreateCustomerRequest and so on. In Biztalk when a message of any of the above comes in, it validates correctly because the engine sets the subscription to "http://mycompany/services/abc#FindCustomerRequest" . I also managed to create a webservice with these XSDs. However when creating a proxy i got an error saying that the targetNamespa...

Outlook 2003 Cached Mode problem
Hi all, Just before end of business of Friday we had a problem with Outlook 2003 and cached mode and thought I would float it on here to see if anyone has any ideas on what to look for next week. We are in the middle of an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration. The Exchange 5.5 enterprise has multiple sites and multiple domains. We are doing one of the first sites at the moment and have introduced a new 2003 server and are migrating users across. Most of the users are still Outlook 97 / 98 users and they have been fine with plans to upgrade them later on. Did our first couple of Outlook ...

'Send email' from CRM settings...
Hi all, I know I ask question that already been answered... But I'd like some clarifications... I am trying to find settings of how Web CRM client sends emails on the CRM System that I inherited... I found the MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913769, which mentions the registry settings... I don't have SMTP settings in the Registry... Does it mean the server uses Default SMTP Server? Thanks, Victor CRM will use the SMTP server on the local machine unless another is specified in the registry. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrantie...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

compatibility
is Office Pro 2003 (I know, it's OLD!!) compatible with Windows 7???? "muddypaws" <muddypaws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A0B735-BBEC-476C-8F4E-92AE92E1486D@microsoft.com... > is Office Pro 2003 (I know, it's OLD!!) compatible with Windows 7???? Yes. ...

vista compatibility
hi there, Anybody knows if Topcom mediakit 100 (a usb hub with webcam and headset) is vista compatible or direct me to a website where I could find out more. I know for sure that it is compatible with xp, but doubtfull about vista. Thanx "Juve" <oivind.juve@gmail.com> wrote in message news:49cdbcc1-673e-4214-b66c-d071573afe89@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > hi there, > > Anybody knows if Topcom mediakit 100 (a usb hub with webcam and > headset) is vista compatible or direct me to a website where I could > find out more. I know for sure that i...

Pull form in view mode from drop down menu
My switchboard contains a button that when pressed, will run a macro to open up a dialog box. Once the user chooses an option in a dialog box, I would like for the form containing only that chosen record, to pop up as a result of their search. I would like for the form to open up only in view mode, where they cannot add or edit. How can I do this? Why is it a Form? Do you really mean to display your data in a Report. You may find this t be helpful: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut19.htm Download and run this file at the bottom of the page to see how it works: AccessA...

Set up master sheet to calculate derivatives(rate of change)
Hello everyone: Does anyone know how to calculate the derivative (rate of change) of different variables in Excel? For example, we have columns A, B, C A B C 5 4 6 the rate of change between column A&B is -20% ((4-5)/5) and the rate of change between column B&C is +50% ((6-4)/4). Can anyone please tell me what I should do to set up a sheet that calculate the rate of change for me, please?? Thanks very much!! fyon fyon, =New/Old -1 so with the values you give, if they were in row 1 =B1/A1-1 Format for ...

Office 2010 compatibility
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel With Office 2010 arriving soon, I was wondering whether my Office 2008 will have problems reading files created by my Windows colleagues. <br><br>classicmac Nobody can responsibly give you an absolute Yea or Nay. The file formats are the same as are the fundamental features. However, there will continue to be differences between the Windows & Mac apps. That is nothing new nor should it come as a surprise to anyone [although it does seem to :-)]. Some of those differences are OS-related &a...

Linked Template compatibility error

Setting checks of context menu items
I am making a popup menu resource in my MFC project. I can call it in OnRButtonDown event with code below : CMenu menuPop; menuPop.LoadMenu(IDR_MENU_MAIN); POINT ptMouse; GetCursorPos(&ptMouse); menuPop.GetSubMenu(0)->TrackPopupMenu(TPM_LEFTALIGN | TPM_RIGHTBUTTON, ptMouse.x,ptMouse.y,this); All i want to do is to change check of items. Its first menu items is checked by default. I tried code below to make first menu item unchecked but it didnt work : CMenu menuPop; menuPop.LoadMenu(IDR_MENU_MAIN); menuPop.CheckMenuItem(0,MF_BYPOSITION | MF_UNCHECKED); How can i s...

Compatibility with pc office 07
All the computers at my school are running Office 07(only pc's of course). If I get Office 08 for my mac can i create files on the 08 and then view them and edit them on the 07 version at school and vice versa? This includes word, excel, and powerpoint. In article <ee89dab.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, rgabald5@officeformac.com wrote: > All the computers at my school are running Office 07(only pc's of course). > If I get Office 08 for my mac can i create files on the 08 and then view them > and edit them on the 07 version at school and vice versa? This includes ...

Setting Baseline in MS Project 2007 SP1 MSO
Hey Everyone! I'm working on a "template" in MS project to help some of my colleagues plan and track their projects consistently. In the plan I have included the following fields: Baseline 1 Start, Baseline 1 Finish, Baseline 2 Start, and Baseline 2 Finish. The baseline 2 fields are there for an interim plan. I always first define the start date in the project information box. However, after doing this, if I then key in the baseline dates (I'm just testing with baseline 1 right now), then set the baseline, all dates I entered change to the project start date. I have scanne...

Count the words in a cell
Dear exper A cell contains a lot of information. Is it possible to count certan word in a cell please? Say A1 contains a series of text .... 1. Daily Swing even though Sto is hit high or low 2. Look at Chart pattern 3. Stop at dangerous level How can I count number of "O" in the cell A1 please? Thanks Elton Try this... =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1),UPPER("O"),"")) Note that SUBSTITUTE is case sensitive. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Elton Law" <EltonLaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43F...

Greyed out signature options
I have a problem with my Outlook 2003 where the option to select a signature is "greyed out". I cannot edit the settings from within Word 2003. Is there a registry setting where I can reestablish this option? Has anyone seen this happen before? It is not a user policy problem. Thanks in advance. Bernard. If you uncheck Word as the editor in Outlook's Mail Format Options, you = will regain the option to create, edit and delete signatures. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to m...

Publisher 2003 save settings....
I like to be prompted whether to override original files when updating my webpage. Somehow I must have checked the box that says I don't want that option and I can't find a way of restoring it. Does anyone know (other than reinstallation) of a way to restore that through the application? Clive, I have found that when I use FTP uploading the option of overwriting files is intermittent. It seems that if I agree to overwrite one file, then I don't get the option again, but even that is not consistent. As you use Pub 2003, have you tried unchecking the incremental upload optio...

Why has Word 2007 suddenly become extremely slow?
I copied my user-defined templates from Word 2003 to the library where Word 2007 stores its templates and suddenly it slowed down, so that it takes 15-20 seconds for the program to open or for a file to load. Nothing like this has happened to other Office programs. Word 2007 also started asking for a folder to save "Normal.dotm" refusing to use its standard template folder. For general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Frank Grevil" <Frank Grevil@discussions.micros...

Setting SMTP relay restrictions on Exchange 2007?
In Exchange 2000, we were able to set some smtp relay restrictions via the ESM (Server -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties -> Access -> Relay Restrictions). We granted several IP's relay access, and toggled on the "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate" setting. Is there any way to do the same in Exchange 2007, either through the GUI or PowerShell? We're just looking to restrict sendmail capability to only the internal IP's, in order to curb spam proliferation. Thanks in advance. http://www.exchangepedia.com/...