command boxes from menu

I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to
paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the
command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost.  I then
went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and
the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands,
it's like a ghost.  I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible
and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked
but nothing happened.  Has anybody ever had this problem? any suggestions?
--
mica

Try using Ctrl+V to paste.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"claudia" <claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to
> paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc.
> the
> command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost.  I then
> went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and
> the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands,
> it's like a ghost.  I tried to pretend the words were there just not
> visible
> and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and
> clicked
> but nothing happened.  Has anybody ever had this problem? any suggestions?
> --
> mica

0
Doug

How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in?
How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in excel vba? I am trying to make a address book manually using Excel VBA. Is there a way I can record multiple information into Excel after submitting info. All i have so far is being able to submit one bit of information into excel but I dont think it will stay if I save it. Like is there a way I can group multiple address information using excel VBA? If so how? What you want to do is not clear. Please post back and give us a step-by-step procedure of what you want to do and what you want Excel to do. HTH Otto "mikstr14" <m...

Checking a Check Box in Excel
How do I check a check box in Excel. I need to know what to put in Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() 'this bit here' End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() if checkbox1.Value = True then msgbox "box is checked" else msgbox "box is not checked" End if End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Frenchie" <Frenchie.yhnem@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Frenchie.yhnem@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I check a check box in Excel. I need to know what to put in > > Private Sub CheckBox1_...

Custom Menu
I want to create a button on Oppurtunity Form that opens a url and passes current user as part of the query string. I am able to create the button using isv.config file. Someone had earlier posted code below regarding a similar scenario. 1. they didnt say where to place the htm file. i have saved it in root of crm server...wwwroot when i try to open the url, it gives an error ... 'windows.opener.crmForm' is null or not an object. Does any one know how to fix this ? OR know where to place the htm file so it know what crmForm is ... OR A different way to open a url .. ...

print preview command in Excel

Where the cursor starts after clicking no a text box
Hello, I have tried looking through the other threads but have not seen the answer to my question. Hopefully someone can help with this today. I have a simple form I made for a table to collect customer info for a mailing list. This form is used like a kiosk at trade shows. Anyway, when you click on any fields that are numbers such as zip codes or phone numbers, the cursor starts in the text box where you clicked. Is there a way to make the cursor start on the left side no matter where the user clicked? Please help ASAP as I have a show tomorrow and am pulling out my hair trying to fin...

Field Level Security not on Menu
I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in. Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced Security. Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003. kka, yes, Field Level Security is an exra-cost option. Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL KKA, Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary 3104 Advanced Security as one of the product. Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said. Note: License keys for Advance and Field Leve...

Combo box contents not updating
Hi I have one form open which uses a combo box to display an Items name where the record holds just its key. I am opening another form and adding new items. I requery the first screen afterwards, but on return to the first screen, the new items name is not displayed. I assume the combo box does not update itself with the new contents. Can I just requery the combo box source? Stapes for example you have form1 which have the item and form2 wich have a label let say that received value of : form1!cboItemName.value so the label retreive the value of the combobox of form1 so if form1 close what ...

Multiple email addresses/boxes in E2k3
Hello, I've been trying to find the best way to manage users with multiple email addresses in Exchange Server 2003, Standard Edition. Essentially, what we have is an environment where we want to manage multiple email domains through the same Exchange server. All of our clients will be using Outlook 2003 as their email client. I would like to be able to tie multiple SMTP-based email addresses to one AD user (which I can do), and have the 'From' field fill with the appropriate email address when the user replies (which I'm not sure how to do). I've seen different approac...

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

Text boxes
When I open a new text box it always has 2 columns in it. How can I change it to just open with 1 box with no columns Thelma darling, what oh what version of Publisher are you using??? -- I am using Publisher 2000 Thelma wrote: > I am using Publisher 2000 What about them?! Was there supposed to be a question in there somewhere?! Sarah, Did you bother to read the thread? Of course not - it shows! May 2004 bring you a tinge of humanity and caring, as well as tolerance and intelligence. You're seriously lacking in all four areas. Merry Christmas, Mike Epona wrote: > Th...

Menu Bar disappeared
No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar back even though the settings are set at Standard and Advance. I need to get the File, Edit, View line back. Please help. Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook - better? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cynthia asked: | No matter what I do I can't get the menu bar ba...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

Text box placement in book layout
I'm trying (with emphasis on the word "trying") to typeset a book for a friend of mine. I've done it once before and it turned out well--but it was ten years ago and I used WordPerfect. The author has a text box that spans a couple of pages and I can't get the text box to behave. It seems to disappear in the "cracks" between the pages instead of flowing to the next page. I've tried everything I know and I still can't figure it out. What in the world can I do to get it to flow to the next page. I know I must be overlooking some simpl...

Is there a way to use background pattern fill for just a text box?
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures in just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. Thanks Kristine kda949, Click on the little down arrow next to the Fill Color icon. Choose Fill Effects. Have fun... "kda949" <kda949@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6236C9FF-3EFD-4019-8C9D-0BA36EE0373F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to use the background colors/textures > in > just a text box and not the whole project? I have Publisher 2002. > > Thanks > Kristine ...

open dialogue box
Can I print the Open dialogue box? I want to take a picture of all the listed documents in each Word folder to show the date and time they were created. Thank you. D. Ring You can take a screen shot, and insert it as an image into a Word file. Assuming you're using Windows with no other software hijacking the PrintScreen key, display the Open dialog box with the information you need, and press Alt+PrintScreen. This sends a copy of the current window to the clipboard. Then click in a blank Word document, and press Ctrl+V to paste the image into the Word docume...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

Excel VBA-vlookup combo box problem
Hi can someone please help me. I have created a worksheet in which i have Vlookup formulaes reading o another worksheet which has combobox with drop down lists and linke cells. Everything works apart from the comboboxes whose populate linked cells are not being recognised by the v-lookup function. Th Vlookup is as follows: vlookup(e18,'policy'!c5:098,7,false) The data within the combo box is a mixture of text and numerical e. L32H11-1, EM2H11-1 I have put a double minus sign in front of e18 and it returns #value! Can someone please help me. thanking you in anticipation Saik ...

List Boxes
Hi, I'm trying to create a form that will have three list boxes. When values are selected in each of the three list boxes I would like a command button to generate a query that will return a table of values that holds information according to the values selected in the list boxes. For example, if list box one is Date and the value selected is '2007', and list box two is Fruit and the value selected is 'Apples,' and list box three is Sales and the value selected is 'Quantity,' the command button will trigger a query to retrieve a table that will tell me how many app...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

Spreadsheet prints as black box
I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007. The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied. Please help It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word 2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers. denethor5 wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007. > The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I > get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I cop...

Adding a command to a picture
I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event / double click set up a macro to close the form however when i double click on my picture nothing is happening - help!! On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:02:22 -0700, casi <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One suggestion would be to temporarily add a button to your form, and from the button wizard select the option to close the form. Then look behind the scenes what was generated, and implement your image_doubleclick the same way. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event ...

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...