Citations and Bibliography greyed Out

We are pushing Office 2007 to our company.  We just got a call that the
Bibliography is not installed.  It is greyed out and the style type says
"missing"

Out original install group got the entire Office Pro PLus version and
Bibliography works.  The same version with access, Infopath and Publisher
removed.

Have found that the Bibliography folder is no ton the machines that do not
work.  Have copied the folder but it's never that easy!

How can I re-add the Bibliography?  I can't uninstall and re0install over
1000 installs.

FYI: upgrading over Office 2000
Thanks

I've read somewhere that the problem is caused due to a silent installation
error. If you have any install logs for Office 2007 on the machines it is
not working on, it might be interesting to look into them to see if you find
something suspicious.

I'm sorry, but uninstall and reinstall (not repairing) is the only known
solution found for the problem so far.

http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/word-application-errors/18590/Bibliography-Features-Greyed-Out
http://www.pchelpforum.com/office-software/49655-word-2007-citations-referencing-2.html
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-general/116662-word-2007-bibliography-style-missing.html

According to the last post in the last link, uninstall and reinstall is also
the solution MS suggests.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"blackg" <blackg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are pushing Office 2007 to our company.  We just got a call that the
> Bibliography is not installed.  It is greyed out and the style type says
> "missing"
>
> Out original install group got the entire Office Pro PLus version and
> Bibliography works.  The same version with access, Infopath and Publisher
> removed.
>
> Have found that the Bibliography folder is no ton the machines that do not
> work.  Have copied the folder but it's never that easy!
>
> How can I re-add the Bibliography?  I can't uninstall and re0install over
> 1000 installs.
>
> FYI: upgrading over Office 2000
> Thanks

Yves

Citation
Hi, I am a Pharmacy student from Malta and found useful statistical information from MS Office Excel Help. Any idea how to cite the information in an author-date citation style? How should the reference be made? Thanks and hope you can help, Daniel Hi Daniel I don't really understand what you want done, but see if this get you started: http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm Also, Help files (chm type) can be decompiled into a bunch of separate html files. Do a Google search for "chm decompile" for this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Daniel Fenech" <Daniel Fenech@discus...

How do I download online citations into Word 2007 (References)?
I'm using the Word 2007 References feature to manage my bibliographies. I've been entering author, title, etc. manually. Is there a way to export/download citations directly from academic journal databases directly into the Word Reference manager so I don't have to do this manually? It sure would help when managing many sources! Usually, when in these databases, you can choose to download the citation into a citation manager, but Word is never on the list. It's RefWorks, EndNote, etc. It's probably something really simple, right? Thanks for your help!...

print button greyed in OE
The print button is greyed in Outlook Express. How do I enable it. I do have a printer and it is default Mike Triber <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The print button is greyed in Outlook Express. How do I > enable it. I do have a printer and it is default Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

I switched from IMAP to POP 3, Delete in tool bar greyed out?
Also on the advanced tool bar it still gives the options in the current view as IMAP options although I deleted the IMAP account and added the POP 3 account and that is the only account on Outlook? Any ideas? Thank you for you help. PS I even deleted the POP 3 account and re entered it with same results. ...

Style of citation
Hello, I use citations in Word, but I cannot figure out how to make them looks same as text. When I put citation in text somewhere, it has different font style. How can I change it in default to same as "Normal" style for usual text. I'm using MS Word:2008 for Mac ...

References and Citations
I have microsoft home and student, and my Manage Sources, Style and Bibliography are all shaded grey and i cant use them! I have to work cite my paper due in two days but i cant insert a citation!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!! ...

Why is the chart wizard greyed out on some of my Excel spreadsheet
Also, I have been able to color the tabs on several sheets in the worksheet, but can't color the newests 2. Are the sheets protected? Have you converted the workbook to a shared workbook? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Delfred" <Delfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEA64F55-4F1E-4522-81A3-20E031BDFF53@microsoft.com... > Also, I have been able to color the tabs on several sheets in the > worksheet, > but can't color the newests 2. No, neither of those i...

citation style
I need to change the citation style "ISO690Nmerical" from the rounded brackets to the squared brackets. E.g.: (1) to [1] See http://bibword.codeplex.com/releases/view/14646 Yves -- BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles http://bibword.codeplex.com "Beginner" <Beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4894C8-96EB-4827-A886-A950A034F918@microsoft.com... >I need to change the citation style "ISO690Nmerical" from the rounded > brackets to the squared brackets. > E.g.: (1) to [1] ...

sort option is greyed out in excel
Sort option is greyed out in excel 2000 premium edition. I am using windows 2000 pro and I have just formated my hard drive after my pc crashed. So I installed everything from scratch. Did I left something out? Do I have to install something else? I just can't get the sort option to work. I will really appreciate any help Thank you Gabriela Hi Gabriela check that the worksheet is not protected - tools / protection, and unprotect sheet (if it is an option). let us know if this solves the problem Cheers JulieD "donleyga" <donleyga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Citations in Publisher
Hi, Wondering if anyone can explain how to add citations into a Publisher Newsletter template? I know how to do it in Word, but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Thanks for your help! ...

Marked citations
I accidentally inserted a marked citation to one of my word documents yesterday and now every word document i have shows new paragraph symbols all over the pages as well as page breaks and lines. It also appears in new documents that I try to start. How do I get rid of this? -- rosie To hide nonprinting marks, click the � button on the Home tab (Word 2007) or on the Standard toolbar (Word 97-2003). Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl+Shift+8 shortcut. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "lrd@hotmail.com" <lrdhotmailcom@discus...

I can't use my citations and bibliography group at all
I am writing a paper for my English class in my first year of college, and must include MLA style references. I cannot access any of the options in the citations and bibliography group except for the search libraries. I downloaded the student/home edition of 2007 office, and I don't know if it was not included with the software or what. If anyone knows what might be wrong, please help! If the following posts describe your issue, then you will have to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007: http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/word-application-errors/18590/Bibliography-Fea...

creating block citation
I am writing a research paper with Word 2007. I would like to be able to creat a block quotation automatically. Thanks! You can apply the Block Text style. You may want to modify the style to get the indentation that you want (and perhaps to remove the border). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98322115-A2C2-4467-90CA-253C0601C202@microsoft.com... >I am writing a research paper with Word 2007. I would like to be able to > creat a block quotation automatically. Thanks! Especially th...

footnotes/citations
I am using Excel Office Standard 2007. I want to know if I can add a footnote or citation number (the little number above and to the right) at the end of the sentence seen in documents to direct the reader to the bottom of the page to explain futher detail. In HELP search for Superscript then open the topic 'Format text as superscript or subscript' for detailed instructions... 1. Select the letter you want to use as citation 2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+F or CTRL+1 to quickly display the Font tab of the Format Cells dialog box. 3. Under Effects, select the Superscript check box...

Transparant background of icons in a treeview sometimes become grey...
I have problems with the transparant background of my icons in a treeview control. Sometimes the background gets a grey background, and if they got into that state they are grey until I restart the app. How annoying... I'm developing in VC++ 6.0 on Win2000. I have created a couple of icons in the Visual Studio resource editor. The icons are small (16*16) and uses 16 colors. I selected the background to be transparant and then draw the icons. I then created an imagelist in my CWinApp-derived and added icons to it: g_pImageList = new CImageList(); g_pImageList->Create(16, 16, ILC_COL...

Apply alternate grey/red shading to selected rows in a table
Dear Experts: With any number of rows SELECTED in a table I would like to apply alternate (grey/red) shading. Grey: RGB (242, 242, 242) Red: RGB (239, 211, 210) How can this be achieved using VBA? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas You are not trying now ;) This is almost the same as the question you asked earlier in the week Dim i As Long Dim oRow As Row i = 1 For Each oRow In Selection.Range.Rows If i Mod 2 = 0 Then oRow.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = RGB(242, 242, 242) Else oRow.Shading.Back...

Cut and Paste in Citation Tool
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am not able to paste text into the citation tool in Word 2008. Does anyone know if this is an error or if there is a fix or is that just the way the program is built? <br> Thanks, <br> Mark Elliott Have you tried using the Paste keystroke: Command+V ? HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/17/10 7:22 PM, in article 59bb122e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "MWElliott@officeformac.com" <MWElliott@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow L...

Cite a citation
Hi I have a question regarding citations in Word 2007. I want to add a citation to my document. The problem is that the author I want to cite is citing someone else. So it's going to be a citation of a citation. In my country the citation would look like: in this example I want to cite John Doe's book (page 34) published in 1994 but John in his book cited Steve Mooray's work (page 23) from 1990: "There are 100 different types of jams" (Doe, 1994 p. 34, after: Mooray, 1990 p. 23). All I can get now is (Doe, 1994 p. 34). Can this be done in Word 2007? ...

Exporting Bibliography
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know if there is a way to export a bibliography created with Word 2008 that is not too complex? I know it is in the file 'sources.xml' but finding something to read and convert it is the issue. Once you have copied the sources.xml file, you HAVE exported your citations. No further action is necessary. Hope this helps On 5/05/10 3:53 AM, in article 59bb7eb7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "DBA@officeformac.com" <DBA@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating...

the bibliography style is missing, I cannot create a bibliography
Re: Office Home and Student 2007, Word. I have no options in Bibliography Style drop down box (it just states 'missing') and when I click on 'Manage Sources', Word closes down, any ideas? It all worked fine, my computer then crashed, we got it back, installed Word again and now it doesn't seem to work. There is a bug during the installation process where the bibliography tools are sometimes not installed correctly. If you don't get any other suggestions, try uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2007. Repairing your installation will most likely not help....

Some buttons on Toolbar are greyed out
Some random buttons on my toolbar (MS-Word 2007) are greyed out--namely, the highlighter button and the select justification buttons. I have no trouble using these functions in the ribbon menu, just the toolbar buttons. Any ideas would be welcome. Never mind. I see, now, that the buttons I added to my toolbar (justification, highlighter) were, in fact, buttons for use in some function called Word Art (whatever that is) but when I eventually hunted down the correct buttons for use in just regular text editing and put them on the toolbar, they work fine. I assume that t...

unprotect sheet greyed out
I have been using a worksheet for awhile that I have to unprotect everytime I want to update. TOday the unprotect sheet option is greyed out and I get a message saying the worksheet is protected. Any ideas Office 2000 Thanks!! Is the workbook shared? If it is, turn off sharing (Tools>Share Workbook) Then unprotect the worksheet Yadira wrote: > I have been using a worksheet for awhile that I have to > unprotect everytime I want to update. > TOday the unprotect sheet option is greyed out and I get a > message saying the worksheet is protected. > Any ideas Office 2000...

citation font
For the past few days, any APA citation I insert into my document is italicized. It never used to be, and I don't know how to change it. I use the bibliography/works cited tool, so the only way I know to work around this is to stop using the tool. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use MSoffice 2007 on Vista right now, but it has happened in Windows 7 as well. I have had the same issue with custom made reference styles but never with the ones that came with Word. In my case, it had to do with the fact that the in-text citation was, due to some weird conversion reaso...

Vancouver style citations
Hi, I need to use vancouver style in word 2007 but don't know how - I have no knowledge of programming and when I look at guides to adapt or add my own style I am getting very confused...is there a simple download I can use? I wrote one a while back, but it might be outdated by now. You can check it at http://bibword.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=19772 .. Check the 'remarks' section at the bottom on how to use it (installation, superscript, ...) I am working at an updated version but it might be a while before I get around to finish it. Yve...

Managing Citations between computers
I have a document that I have created on one computer using manage sources, citatiosn and created a bibliography. This all works nto problem. When I e-mail and open the document in another computer I can see att the citations, and bibliography, but there are no sources in the manage citations. So it is not possible to continue writing the paper and select from the same sources. Appears the sources are saved to teh computer rather than attached to the file. Any way to fix this? This is a problem as we have teams writing papers and we all have to build the same sources. The...