Automatic shift of cursor while typing

I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the cursor
 automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the document
where I've previously typed.

For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
sentence previously typed on that page.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to correct
the problem?

Thanks.

Laptop? Turn off the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ladd" <Ladd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the
>cursor
> automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the
> document
> where I've previously typed.
>
> For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
> while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
> sentence previously typed on that page.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to
> correct
> the problem?
>
> Thanks.

0
Suzanne

Shift Left Click?
HELP! I had the shift key down and left mouse clicked several transactions (in Money 2002). They vanished from the register! But they still show up in the list of Payees. Did this just delete them from the register? Can I put them back? My backup is now overwritten with the bad file. In microsoft.public.money, jep1955 wrote: >HELP! I had the shift key down and left mouse clicked several transactions >(in Money 2002). They vanished from the register! But they still show up in >the list of Payees. Did this just delete them from the register? Can I put >them back? ...

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Excel Type Rounding
Hello, Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know how to do it with Access standard Round() function. The same syntax produces an error with Access. Pls Help For example, I want 125,232 to be displayed as 125,000 and 125,832 to be displayed as 126,000 TIA Anand Anand - Try this: Round([AmountToRound]/1000,0)*1000 -- Daryl S "Anand" wrote: > Hello, > Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use > Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know ho...

"Can not shift objects off sheet" when I try to hide columns
Can someone help me to hide columns? I keep on have the message: Can not shift objects off sheet. to hide one column select the column header then select format from menu select column then hide to hide more than one column select the columns you want to hide (highlight then) then select format from menu select column then hide "Mimi Zhou" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D3A2A5-10DB-4CA6-873F-21DB6570F0DB@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me to hide columns? I keep on have the message: Can not shift objects off sheet. Have a look at ...

cursor help
my cursor used to look like a fat plus sign and when I held it over a cell it would highlight the cell border. I could also click on a cell, left click my mouse and drag it to highlight mutlitple cells for sorting, etc. I have done something where I can no longer see which cell is highlighted on the page and I cannot see the blue cell highlights when i click and drag. The areas are still being sorted, etc when I execute the command but i cannot see which cells are highlighted. My cursor looks like a pointer now. I have tried ctrl+alt+plus sign (earlier post) but it did not help. Does an...

<type your subject here>
<Type your message here> ok ...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

automatic output from known data
i have 2 spreadsheets of data: 1=english, 2=metric each spreadsheet has 3 columns, with the first column being an ID #. on my output spreadsheet i have 4 blanks. in blank 1 i enter a "1" or "2" for english/metric in blank 2 i enter the ID # i want blanks 3 and 4 to automatically be filled with the other tw numbers from the id#'s row. DATA WORKSHEETS english 1 123.8 9.8 2 122.7 10.3 ... metric 1 1983 9.8 2 1965 10.3 ... OUTPUT WORKSHEET blank 1 = english <----- manual blank 2 = 1 <----- manual blank 3 = 123.8 <---- automatic blank 4 = 9.8 <---- automati ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...

Vista, GetAsynchKeyState(), GetKeyboardState(), Control+Shift?
I have an app that needs to detect whether both the Control and Shift keys are being pressed as it launches so as to enable certain advanced features. I use GetAsynchKeyState() under XP to do this, and it works fine. However, I've just tried doing this under Vista and discovered that it doesn't work. GetAsynchKeyState() returns the expected result if one or the other key is held down, but if both are down, it returns 0 in both cases. I tried substituting GetKeyboardState() instead, but the result is the same. Anyone seen this before? >I have an app that needs to detect wheth...

How to automatic sort email into folder and download attachment
Hi, I have a surveillance camera which will send out email when it detect motion. I can receive hundreds of emails just from this camera in a single day, so it troublesome to read and click on each email just to download the attachment. When the outlook receive the email, I know how to sort it into a designated folder. But is there anyway it can automatically download the attachment (video file) into a folder without the email. (so that I can store the video file in a CD later on). Anyone can help me. Thank you. Nelson Chou I can receive hundreds of email just from...

automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5BDA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi.. i used outlook express and now I am using outlook, but the contact = option is different from Outllok express. in outlook express when I = write a first character of one contact, outlook express complete the = address automatuically, in outlook 2003 no!! can i change this?? Can = outlook 2003 complete autoomatically my addresses?? Pls, help me! thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C60228.AFA5B...

Data Type Issue in Linked Excel Table
Hello, I have a table in acess that links to an excel spreadsheet. I have a field "Comments" that is a memo field, and all the text in that field shows up when i open up the linked spreadsheet in excel. Yet when i view that same linked data in access, the field is cut off even though it's specified as a memo. Looking at the data format of the "Comments" field in the linked table in access, i see that the data type for that field is @. I take this out, and i then see all the text in that field! The problem is, that it will NOT save that way...the @ s...