Automatic shift of cursor while typing

I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the cursor
 automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the document
where I've previously typed.

For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
sentence previously typed on that page.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to correct
the problem?

Thanks.

Laptop? Turn off the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ladd" <Ladd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the
>cursor
> automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the
> document
> where I've previously typed.
>
> For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
> while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
> sentence previously typed on that page.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to
> correct
> the problem?
>
> Thanks.

0
Suzanne

automatic formatting in excel
We use account codes beginning with MAR with 4 digits following (e.g. MAR3420) in spreadsheets and Excel automatically converts this to a date format. I have reformatted the cells to Text and this overcomes the problem initially. However, these files have to be saved in .csv format for uploading into our accounting software. The difficulty arise if the .csv file is ever opened to make changes because Excel reformats these cells to dates again which corrupts our data. Does anyone know of a way to switch off the automatic reformatting of cells? I don't think you can prevent Exc...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

Automatic Fill in email addresses?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C5A30E.8E29A250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, I use Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I type in a email address at the top = Outlook automaticly tries to fill in the email address for me. I did a = few typos and now it tries to default to those names everytime. Is = there a way clear all this out? (Cache?) Please let me know if you need anymore info K.J.B. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C5A30E.8E29A250 Content-Type: ...

Resource Assignments View Filtered on Booked Type Field
I have a project that has been cancelled part way through. To deal with this, I've set the Booked Type field to be proposed for all resources in this project. This works great in that the tasks from this project no longer appear in the resources My Tasks view but they do still appear in the Resource Assignments views I have and I don't seem to be able to filter Resource Assignnments on Booked Type. Is that possible or is there another way I should be going about what I want to achieve? Which is to keep a copy of the cancelled projects plan in Project Server for refere...

how do i get heading in first page appear automatically in all
I would like to know how i can able to print the heading given in the first page on all other pages. kindly answer my query. Thank You Govind Raju K Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/repeat_rows_at_top_when_printing_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Govinda Raju Kandipalli" <Govinda Raju Kandipalli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC490738-613A-47BF-9871-37C9F54C8AA9@microsoft.com... > I would like to know how i can able to print the heading given in the first > page on...

How do i Lock certain cells to prevent typing?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet, where half of the data is from a download (whic should be never changed manually) from a system and the other half i entered manually. How do i lock certain parts of the w/s so that it prevents accidenta changing of the data. thanks in advance kevin : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sokevin! If you use: Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet Give and confirm password The entire sheet will be protected against user entry. So you can see that by default, when protection is implemented using the Tools menu, all cells are locked. To unl...

Outlook 2003 automatically moving messages
I want to have Outlook 2003 automatically move messages from a person into a folder I specify. In Outlook help, it says go to Tools, then Organize, and look for the second bulleted item. Problem is there is no second bulleted item...just one bullet which says "Move selected message below to..." and lets me pick one of my folders. So, I can MANUALLY move an individual message, but that defeats the auto feature I am trying to use. I know I can create a rule to do it, but isn't Outlook 2003 supposed to do this for me? It seems that OL 2003's auto feature, if worki...

image shift on pdf
When I print preview or publish to pdf - the image shifts to the right. About a quarter of the image is lost. What version Publisher? Are you using Acrobat? Is your publication a full page or a custom size? Did you setup the PDF for the proper size? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LisaNiimi" <LisaNiimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AC276D-75DE-40F6-8BF2-CD1D5FBF79FA@microsoft.com... > When I print preview or publish to pdf - the image shifts to the right. > About a quarte...

duplicated content-type name
We have a exchange 2000 server with sp3. Every time when I send a mail, the content-type name in header will be duplicated. Is there anyone can help me Thanks! ...

Automatic lauch
Hi I am an administrator on my computer along with my son. When i want to launch Outlook Express I click on the icon, when my son dials the internet he automatically gets Outlook express opening. As he never uses it he doesn't want it to do this, how do we stop it please? catygirl <catygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I am an administrator on my computer along with my son. When i > want to launch Outlook Express I click on the icon, when my son > dials the internet he automatically gets Outlook express opening. As > he never uses it he doesn't wa...

Data Type Conversion
Hi, I am looking for a data type, method that allows me to store mixed data types, eg CString,int,double etc. At the moment i am converting my mixed data types them into CStrings and storing them in a CString Vector, vector<CString> m_tEvents. Now when i want access to the variables i then have to convert them from CString back to their original data type. I would like to get rid of this conversion to CString then conversion back to data type as i think it's inefficient and unnecessary. Does anyone know a method or data type that will stop me from having to do these conve...

Automatically Numbering Records
I'm new to MS Access. I need help to automatically number a field sequentially without using AutoNumber. The format of the numbering is four digits “0000”. And "9999" maximum is more than enough. If possible provide step-by-step directions. Thank You -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 You can use the DMax Function to retrieve the largest last used number from this field in your table and use that value (+1, of course) as your next value when you create a new record. You want step-by-step directions, b...

Automatic Cost Changes?
Most, if not all, of our franchisees incorporate freight in with the cost of their items on the General tab of the items' properties. I have one store owner who is asking the question of why her cost is constantly changing? She wants it "static" unless she goes in and changes it herself. Her current setup in Store Ops Manger, under File, Configuration, Inventory tab, Cost Update Method is selected to None. Is there anywhere else we should look to stop her costs from changing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Look at the PO options! mt "Wendy_I" <Wend...

Downloading emails automatically
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I wish to have my emails downloaded as the arrive on my server. Is this possible? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342781468_1513979 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 12/4/09 1:48 PM, in article 59bae2ef.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kevcott9@officeformac.com" <kevcott9@officeformac.com> wrote: >...

COUNTIF and automatic type conversion problem
Hello I like to have an unique validation rule for a columen which contains id's. I used a therefore simple rule with the build in function "COUNTIF" http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm i.e. "=COUNTIF(E:E;E2)=1" My id's have the format "n.nn" i.e. "1.1", "1.2", "1.3" etc. and the cell format is set to "text". The above rule works fine as long as I have the following id's "5.1" "5.10" "5.100" The problem which I have now is that EXCEL seems to convert the value before th...

Unusual Chart Type?
I am running Excel2000. I wish to create a chart that does not seem t be supported in Excel. The data consists of a table of dates an �states� (let�s call them A, B, C, D and E). One column is dates an the next is states. Dates will be in order. A given date could hav any state. So the first col might be {03-Apr, 04-Apr, 05-Apr, 06-Apr 07-Apr, 08-Apr, �} while the second might be {A,B,D,B,B,E, �}. I wis to plot this data with the state on the Y axis and the date on the axis. I need an X-Y plot, not cols or bars. This is easy if th states are numbers. But I cannot find a way to do t...

automatic spacing between paragraphs
Please help. How do I turn off (for all docs) automatic spacing between paragraphs. Thanks Kevin Apply a paragraph style that doesn't have the spacing. In Word 2007, you can change the style set for the Word 2003 style set, which does not space the Normal style. (Change Styles from the Home tab). -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <&g...

login window doesn't automatically appear
Whenever I boot up Windows XP (either restart, or from a cold boot), or even if I simply log out, I am taken to the login screen that has my user account (the only one on the computer). Up until this last week, I would see a white space below the username; I would simply type in my password and then I'd log in. Now, however,I see the username, but no white space, making me click to view it. I'm wondering what has happened to cause this. It can't be a common problem; googling simply leads me to myriads of results about not being able to log in at all. Admittedly this is a ...

Excel 2007- can't get it to automatically make backups
With Word, I can to Options/Advanced/Save and choose to Always create backup copy. Then, every time I resave a Word 2007 doc, I get the backup with a ..wbk file extension. I just can't figure out how to do the same with Excel. There is no comparable Options/Advanced/Save choices. I do see in Word the AutoRecover option in Options/Save- though there is something weird about that because it has for a default AutoRecover file location: C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ but I can't find the AppData folder unless it's hidden. In the Excel help file- i...

coordinate of cursor on a chart
Is there a way to: 1. Get something like a tooltip message to come up when the mouse cursor hovers over a chart? The message itself should give the coordinates of the cursor head. 2. If 1 is impossible: if I specify the x,y coordinate in two cells, is there a way whereby I can get that point to show on an existing chart? Thanks for your help. Hi, You would need to create code for this. Jon's article will help get you started. Chart Events in Microsoft Excel http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope....

usb with interupt transfer type
i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the usb driver with interupt transfer type . Hi, I would recommend using WinUSB for forward compatibility. Asaf suhas <suhas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >i am working on third party device(screen touch monitor ) for usb driver, >transfer type for usb is interupt based , can u give me the templete for the >usb driver with interupt transfer type . As I pointed out when you posted this question o...

How do I stop Excel from Automatically WRAPPING?
I use Excel to manage my database files. When a cell contents get long Excel automatically wraps the cell! There has got to be a macro script I can apply when the worksheet i opened. The cell wrap was unchecked, however, the wrapping happen automatically. When this happens, I get a very long cell that is annoying. I have t manually uncheck the wrap each time to have a managable spreadshee whose cells are not longer than the displayed page. This is not only slowing down my work but making my hands tired an frustrated. It is appreciated if anyone knows how to stop Excel from automaticall...

Automatically attach incoming emails to cases
I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there away to get the mail to be attached to the case automatically - sorry if I've not explained clearly you will need a plugin like C360.com to do it tkx "Dyawlak" <dyawlak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49DB52E3-694E-4F68-96AC-8209D49DA5D8@microsoft.com... >I have an email account which CRM 3 monitors and puts in to a Queue. Where >the email is in response to an email sent re a Case within CRM, is there >away ...

how to get unread messages to show up automatically in Outlook?
I've recently changed to Office 2007. I use Outlook, and keep my Inbox open all day. Previously, any unread messages showed up automatically (whether I did a manual Send & Receive or whether it was a scheduled one). Now, when a message comes in, the Inbox in the Folder List shows up in bold with the number of unread messages beside it, but the actual Inbox itself doesn't show anything UNTIL I change the View. It doesn't matter what View I have open (whether it's Messages or Last Seven Days or Unread Messages) - it is the act of changing the View itself that allow...