Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them

I should have mentioned...  I am running XP 32 bit SP3

Neil
0
Neil

outlook 2007 #57
outlook 2007 you can not downlowd it unles you have a server! you can't download it unless you buy it from a company that offers a download. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010 http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 "outlook 2007"...

Open previous versions of publisher
I have a client that has just installed Office 2007. When he tries to open alot of his publisher files he gets the following message: " Publisher cannot open this file. This file was saved from a previous version of Publisher. Publisher no longer supports files that were saved in this version." Is there anyway to open these files? He is a little upset, thinking he was getting the latest and greatest only to find out that he apparently can't open 25% of his working files. Thanks Publisher 2007 can open all versions of Publisher documents with the exception of 2.0 and below....

word Interface not Registered
WHEN I CLICK SEND IN OUTLOOK MAIL PROGRAM USING WORD AS THE EDI PROGRAM, I GET THE MESSAGE, "INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED", HOW CAN I FI THIS PROBLEM ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Wishlist
When I'm working in Publisher I'm always resizing the document, and it gets off kilter in the viewing window. I'd like a button on the toolbar that would recenter the document at the new selected size with one click. Hope this is clear. -- Hugs, Erika What version? Arrange, align, distribute, relative to margin guides. You can customize your toolbar to have these icons available anytime. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:u%23xdf$TPFHA.3...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

DOC> files
cannot open a DOC. FILE, IT SAYS TO CHANGE SOMETHING IN FOLDERS Hi, Eric - see my reply to your later post. Eric wrote: > cannot open a DOC. FILE, IT SAYS TO CHANGE SOMETHING IN > FOLDERS ...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

update paths when files are moved
I am using access to keep a database to track projects that my company is working on. I have a number of tables, including ProjectDescriptions and ProjectFiles - ProjectFiles keeps track of the paths of all of the important files for each project. ProjectFiles is a child to ProjectDescriptions, holding the paths of a number of files for each project. Files often get moved around apart from the database - my question is, is there a way to link the files to the [paths] field in ProjectFiles so that if a file gets moved manually it automatically updates the .mdb file? What other solutions would ...

re-organizing data in spreadsheet
I have a large amount of data in an excel spreadsheet which needs to be "re-organized". Each observation uses several rows and therefore makes the spreadsheet impossible for me to import into other database programs. I need to consolidate the data for each observation into one row, with one column for each variable. I have figured out how to do this using the simple macro technique, but I can't figure out how to run the macro on the entire spreadsheet all at once. Otherwise I have to execute the macro on each observation seperately, which is obviously unacceptable a...

RE: Check out that important patch which came from the MS Corporation
--sonelmjvlln Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ndeapwqrrbszm"; type="multipart/alternative" --ndeapwqrrbszm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrbhnajzkgys" --uvrbhnajzkgys Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

Backing up info on flash drive
Hey out there! I just got a flash drive, it's not a big one, but it's a start. Trying to plan ahead in case anything happens to computer. Was wondering if there is a way to back-up all the pages I have bookmarked. I usually use Firefox for my browser & have quite a few pages bookmarked, as well as a few add-ons. Is there a way to save these to flash drive? I have all my pictures & music saved, any other suggestions on what else to put on flash drive? Anything important or crucial that I should not forget? Thanks for any help or suggestions! :0) -- Messag...

Need to export Excel into Word
I checked the Excel help menu for Office XP. Does not say it can export excel into Word. I have contacts (names, addresses) I would like to export into a word document so I can make mailing labels from the contact names. Is there a workaround for exporting the info into a Word doc? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:564701c3e547$3410f0b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I checked the Excel help menu for Office XP. Does not say > it can export excel into Word. I have co...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Using a cell's value to copy another cells info to another workshe
I am not sure that this is possible, but I will ask. I am running a bowling tournament that has many teams (2 people/team) over several shifts. These teams will be placed in two divisions. I want to list each shift's teams on a seperate worksheet while combining these into a "Tourney Standings" sheet for each division. Is there a way to use the value of one cell to copy the data in other cells to another sheet? For example, if the team is in division one then copy their names and total to the "Division 1 Standings sheet". If not, then copy their na...

Macro info please
We have our price lists in worksheets - and every so often we need to adjust the prices - the prices are in columns within the worksheet, but in different columns within the same worksheet. Is there an easy way to adjust these prices (either up or down (!)) by running a macro ? My thanks in anticipation. If it is a uniform increase/decrease, you can enter the multiplier in a cell, then copy it to the clipboard. Then select all the target cells, and Edit>PasteSpecial>Multiply. Clear the multiplier and you are done. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but some...

Outlook makes word Crash??
Hi all, heres is the bug i have... On one Pc i have Win XP fully updated and Office 2003 fully updated too. If i open Word 2003, and then Outlook 2003 everything is fine.... but if i do it the other way around; i open Outlook first and then Word as soon as i type stuff in Word it crash and the programm isnt running anymore. No warning, no error message???? The other thing i found is that, when outlook is open and i try to close it, it will but there still the outlook.exe thread in the task manager running???? any idea? Thanks Noliping P.S. iv double check for viruses and worms and f...

Merging to Word
I use merge every day and usually merge to a document in a very specific file. Rather than going thru the various levels, how can I point the merge to a specific folder? To select a specific file, take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm at "The Access Web". To select a specific folder, take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api0002.htm While they may be intimidating, all you need to do is copy-and-paste the code into a new module, and use it as in the examples. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ne...

exporting info
I need to replace my PC and would like to save all the info in Outlook : Emails, contacts (including catagories) and diary. I exported the contacts but the catagories did not go with them. I exported the diary but on trying to open it I just get a excell spreadsheet and I have no idea how to save / export the emails. Is there a way I can save absolutely everything in one operation and move it over? Thnaks Angus -- www.amforbes.com Landscape and Travel Photography -- www.amforbes.com Landscape and Travel Photography I do not use the import/export, I just transfer and open the pst di...

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Opens Up Every File in My Documents #2
Everyone, Thanks for your help. About two minutes after I sent the thread, I thought of the very thing you all pretty much recommended. I just copied all the files in the My Documents folder to a backup I made on the desktop, put them all in there, and then was able to get into Excel. I then changed the settings in the General Settings. I have no idea though how it changed or activated "open all files" in that directory. Another example of an Office goblin. thanks again, GR -- Glenn Reschke ...

Stop Text Boxes From Containing Same Info?
How to I get text entered in one text box to STOP automatically appearing in another text box on a different page? When creating a brochure using one of the templates, I key the company address in the return address section of the middle panel of Page 1. (When I rest my mouse pointer over this textbox it is called the "Address Text Box" as shown in a yellow tip box.) After I key the return address on Page 1, it automatically appears in the "Address Text Box" on Page 2. If I edit the text box on Page 2, it changes the text on Page 1, etc. How can I stop these te...

Merge with MS Word
I am merging my location field from Access with Word. In Access, I have the location filed look the location to a separate table then store the locations as a number to the corresponding location. In Word, I would like the location names to show instead of the numbers. How would I best accomplish this? Create a query that includes the table you are working with and the location table. Include the name of the location from the location table in the query. Merge the query with Word rather than your working table. Steve santus@penn.com "WG" <WG@discussions.m...

Open Workbooks
I am looping through all the workbooks in a folder, opening them, performing some task and then closing them without saving. I have turned screen updating off, but want to know if there is any way I can stop the name of the file appearing in the task bar when the file is opened? I know there are lots of arguments to the workbooks.open event but none seem to allow this. Paul Smith '/=======================================/ Sub TitleBar_FullName() 'change toolbar '...from ASAP Utilities - 08/11/2004 Application.Caption = Empty Windows(1).Caption = ...

Office 2003 macro won't run in Office 2007
I did post this on the Excel Programming site, but not really a lot of insight came back, so I'm hoping a Powerpoint expert can help! I created a macro in Office 2003 using early binding to copy data from Excel into Powerpoint...not the greatest code...but it worked! Now my users are switching to Office 2007 and the code won't run! I have include what I believe to be the relevant string of code below. Dim objPPT As Object Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application") objPPT.Visible = True Dim PPApp As PowerPoint.Application Dim PPPres As PowerPoint...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2007
I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 as the editor for Outlook 2003? -- James J. Pirretti <james@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 > as the editor for Outlook 2003? No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I am trying the Office 2007, but using Outlook 2003 and still have all my Office 2003 components installed such as Word 2003. How do I tell Outlook 2003 NOT to try and use Word 2007? I get an error message saying wrong version of Word for editing emails? "Brian Tillman" wro...