xp desktop and start button missin

cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open
anytgin

  In task mgr,locate "new task",type: cmd  In cmd type: CHKDSK C:
  After,you may want to type: Sfc /Scannow  Install xp cd,exit the menu
 page.Once its thru,remove xp cd,type: CHKDSK C: /F  Agree to restart,type:
 EXIT  Restart pc.

"jen" wrote:

> cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open
> anytgin

MSVDM Virtual desktop removes ALL menus & toolbars
When you switch desktops using the MSVDM powertoy, with Excel 2003 open, after returning to the desktop where excel was open, ALL toolbars & Menus have been removed leaving just the bare sheet and the formula bar! I can not get microsoft to agree this is a fault, and there is no notification or update regarding this fault on the powertoy webpage. Other users are also seeing this, if you search google for msvdm and excel, you will see several site reporting this problem, but nothing on MS's knowledgebase! This is a great Powertoy, shame it doesn't work properly with excel ! P...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

Link 'Button' to Macro
I've created an ActiveX Button. How do I make clicking on this butto execute a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that you are in design mode and then double click on your button. This will take you into the VBA editor. You will see some code that looks like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() End Sub Where CommandButton(1) is the name of your button. Now type in the name of your macro between the sub/end sub sections. Save your changes and close the editor. Close the design view and your button should work. Hope this helps Paul Falla >---...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Close button at the end of the transaction.
Hi, everyone. At the end of the transaction tender, i will have to press close in order to start next sale. Is there a way to bypass the press close button?? Thank you!! Yes, in Manager, Options, POS Options, check the box that states "Automatically Close Change Screen". "TJW" wrote: > Hi, everyone. At the end of the transaction tender, i will have to press > close in order to start next sale. Is there a way to bypass the press close > button?? Thank you!! I am using the RMS v1.2 there is no such box in the manage, pos option. Help!! "Catzilla"...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money Won't Start
All, I've seen many people posting various problems with getting Money to open. Folks are seeing all kinds of errors and troubling behavior after updating today. Cal posted a fix that seems to work for most cases. Here's what you need to do: Action Required: This can be remedied by removing stories1.gif and stories2.gif from the user WebCache typically C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Webcache for Money 2004) Personally, I was getting a C++ Runtime Error on both of my Money files. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated the DAC, etc. ...

Vote! Add "Convert to Case" button on CRM Emails
Add "Convert to Case" button on CRM Emails to enable Ad-hoc Case creation functionality directly from an incoming email message. Anyone who would like see this functionality added, please vote to let Microsoft know that this would be valuable for you and/or your customers. Thanks! Rob ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Can someone PLEASE let me know how to change my desktop settings in Vista?
I have a Nikon D3000 which takes shots that are wider in ratio to their height than my monitor is. When I was running XP, it automatically displayed the wallpaper as widescreen, with bars at the top and bottom. My Vista set up doesn't do that automatically and I don't know how to make it happen. I'm no expert, but I've managed to do a little more in terms of fixing things than a lot of comp owners who aren't programmers have, but this baffles me, despite the fact there are probably teenagers in this city who use a machine 20 minutes a week who would know. And th...

Delete button
I feel the delete button has done and will continue to do much damage to the RMS database especially when an item has history. Can MS amend this function such that if an item has history, then it cannot be deleted but instead suggest to make it inactive? I have come across so many clients with questions why they see orphaned records in their databases yet they would have deleted the items and also some create the exact item lookupcode to try retrieve the records but that does not work as it will be a different record altogether in SQL. Also I may be wrong but don't certain countrie...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

Opening Files on other User's Desktops
I may have made an error in judgment by asking this question again, but having played around with it, I can state the concern properly... I have created a worksheet which has to run on various user's PC's. It takes two Do Not Call List area code files, joins them, reformats the data and then determines if any if the data is also found in data from a reverse telephone directory, and creates a list of numbers that can be called. The three data files used are downloaded from the Internet, onto the user's Desktop. My Excel spreadsheet needs to open the files. The users...

How do I hide an Option Button?
Greetings ! Without going into unnecessary details as to why, I have written a macro which, among other tasks, hides 10 rows. Within these rows is an Option Button (created with the Control Toolbox under View Toolbars) which I also wish to hide. The rows hide without any problems, but the Option Button is still visible. Is there a way to hide an Option Button while hiding rows? I know that I can go into the Properties menu of the Option Button to hide it, but that won't work in my macro (at least, not the way I tried!). Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Jeff W. Jeff If you ca...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

File paths button
We have a customer that used to use Office 2003 and had a simple way of inserting the file path in the document footer. (we created a button that was one of the menu items) After the upgrade them to Office 2007, there are many more steps to getting the same information, and we don't seem to be ablet to create the same button. How can we add a button to his Office 2007 toolbar that will insert the file path? (The closest thing I found was creating a customer footer with this, but it overwrites existing footers with other information in them, so this is not an option.) Thank...