WMP11 and streaming video

Hi,
I have just tried to add a small MP music file to my web site.  I have added
2 ways - one is to embedd WMP11 as detailed onna MS page and the other is to
use an m3u file pointing to the mp3 file.
On my Xp 64 PC the embedde file says connecting then stops.
The m3u way opens WMP11 on my PC then says there is an error or a missing
codec.  I have many codecs and MP has never given a problem before.  I re
installed WMP11 but still have the errors.
On my XP 32 bit PC ii get the same problems but the error message in my
local WMP11 says not enough memory.  I have 2gb installed!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
David

0
Squeezy99

Check out the microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player   newsgroup

Squeezy99 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just tried to add a small MP music file to my web site.  I have
> added
> 2 ways - one is to embedd WMP11 as detailed onna MS page and the other is
> use an m3u file pointing to the mp3 file.
> On my Xp 64 PC the embedde file says connecting then stops.
> The m3u way opens WMP11 on my PC then says there is an error or a missing
> codec.  I have many codecs and MP has never given a problem before.  I re
> installed WMP11 but still have the errors.
> On my XP 32 bit PC ii get the same problems but the error message in my
> local WMP11 says not enough memory.  I have 2gb installed!
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Cheers,
> David

0
Bill
12/15/2009 7:42:54 PM
Many thanks, found it.
David
"Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Check out the microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player   newsgroup
>
> Squeezy99 wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have just tried to add a small MP music file to my web site.  I have
>> added
>> 2 ways - one is to embedd WMP11 as detailed onna MS page and the other is
>> use an m3u file pointing to the mp3 file.
>> On my Xp 64 PC the embedde file says connecting then stops.
>> The m3u way opens WMP11 on my PC then says there is an error or a missing
>> codec.  I have many codecs and MP has never given a problem before.  I re
>> installed WMP11 but still have the errors.
>> On my XP 32 bit PC ii get the same problems but the error message in my
>> local WMP11 says not enough memory.  I have 2gb installed!
>> Any help greatly appreciated.
>> Cheers,
>> David

0
Squeezy99

video mail
Hello I am using the video mail add-on for Outlook 2003 and when I reply an email using the video mail button it does not includes the original message. Do you know how can I set this? Regards ...

Video Capture
Very new to PP so not sure if this is even possible. Currently have 2003 and also trial version of 2007. Can a person capture the presentation (including the embedded wav) to a video file? What I'm looking to do is to place a viewable file on a web site that people can view without down loading the file. I've been able to "Package" the file and have one folder that shows the presentation in the 2007 viewer. I'm not sure if this is the right direction to accomplish what I want or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Don The upcoming v...

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

Recording video with mirror image preview
I want a video camera recorder program that has a mirror image preview. I like Movie Maker but when I move right, the preview image moves left - so I keep moving and move completely off screen. 1) does anyone know of a recording program with mirror preview? 2) has anyone written a Visual Studio program that displays the video camera in real-time but reversed (mirror) image? Thanks for any input. I have Googled for this but cannot seem to narrow the scope. ...

How to Play and Burn WMV Video on Mac
WMV File WMV (Window Media Video) is a compressed video file format developed by Microsoft. WMV is generally packed into the ASF container format, and can also be put into the AVI or Matroska. The respective file extensions for ASF, AVI and Martoska container is .WMV, .AVI, .MKV. How to Play and Burn WMV Video on Mac Windows Media Player 9 for Mac Windows Media Player 9 for Mac developed by Microsoft for Mac users to playback both local and streamed WMV and WMA files. In general, this player meets the needs of [url=http://www.imediacreator.com/howtoburn/burn-wmv-to-dvd-on-mac.html#179][b...

How to view videos from e-mail
I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ones I can't open give me this message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set association control panel." Does any one know how to fix that. Thank You I would suggest that you have not got the software on your computer. Eg 'Real Player', 'Windows Media Player' etc.etc. "Daddygetalong" wrote: > I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ...

Can't view Photos/Videos
Whenever I go to YouTube, I can never watch any videos. When I'm on the YouTube site, I click on a video and then I get this message (where the video screen should be) "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Click here (link) to download the latest Flash Player". Sometimes when I'm checking my email, photo's sometimes don't appear (whether an advertisement or in an email). Why is this happening? Java Script is turned on and I have the latest version of Flash. [we saw your first post...] gda...

Video streaming without buffering
Hi, I am trying to bulid an application in VC++ .NET in which a server will send data for video files that contains audio/Video or both. and at cient side i want the video to be played back without buffering. plz tell me where to start and how to go about it regards ...

Image quality reduced during video call
When I make video call to a particular contact, my image quality has been reduced badly, I can only see some mosaic of myself. However the contact's image is nice and clear. It only happens between myself and this particular contact. I have no problem with any other contacts. All the images and voice are clear without any major delay. I am running Windows Live Messenger 2009(Build 14.0.8089.726) on Windows 64bit Vista with Service Pack 2 installed. My webcam is Logitech Quickcam S5500. All drivers are up to date. Internet is ADSL2+ broardband. ...

How do you allow a media device after it's been denied? WMP11
Sharing Issue: I denied a media device that I meant to allow. I closed out of Window Media Player 11 (WMP11). After I realized my mistake, I reopened WMP11 to allow the media device. Sadly, it was no longer on the list of devices. I searched the FAQs and Help sources but found nothing on allowing previously denied media devices. Please tell me if there is a way to allow a denied media device short of re-installation. It is not a 'solution' but it might work - disable media sharing - reboot - enable media sharing -- http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com "Val"...

Problem with Video Codecs
Hi =) i have a .mkv file (matroska video) that opens fine in WMP and all, but there is no video along with the audio. i am already in possesion of all the necissary codecs for video files such as mkv's because i have others that work. upon viewing the file's properties when in the WMP playlist (playing only audio at this point) i notice that under the files advanced settings (first tab) the file HAS NOT been assigned a video codec AT ALL, whereas it HAS been assigned an audio one. i also opened another one of my .mkv files and it has been assigned a video codec called...

Editing "Length" of media in WMP11
Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the "length" of a song listed in WMP11?? I have several songs that have incorrect times listed and can't seem to correct them. No, editing the length directly isn't possible, but playing the song (by double-clicking it in the library) should make WMP correct the length itself. If that doesn't help, remove the song from the library (right-click - Delete - Delete from library only), and re-add it (press F3, make sure "Add files previously deleted from library" is checked and click OK). Regards -- Tim ...

Can't play video received by e-mail
My mother just recently upgraded to Win7 from Vista. Outlook07 no longer plays media files (wmv, avi, etc) that others send (fwd) to her. It worked fine until the upgrade. When I single click the attatchment, it brings up the preview player. But when I hit play the image just goes black. If I double click the attachment,it launches WMP with an empty screen, and just sits there. Any help would be greatly apprectiated. Thank You Lanny wrote: > My mother just recently upgraded to Win7 from Vista. Outlook07 no longer > plays media files (wmv, avi, etc) that others ...

14 Free Videos Teach You How to Spot Opportunities in Your Charts
Dear Friends, Watch the just released Independent Trader Video Series. This series features 14 free videos that teach you how to spot opportunities in your charts that you may be overlooking. You get more than 100 minutes of video packed with valuable Elliott wave techniques that you can incorporate into your trading. Plus, you can watch and re-watch the online videos at your own pace and on your schedule. "I have watched the videos and have found them to be Educative and Insightful and am certain that it would help anybody who "Trades" with a serious approach." You can ...

Wrapper for ADODB.Stream to System.IO.Stream
Hello, I'm looking for a wrapper implementing an ADODB.Stream interface and supporting a System.IO.Stream (ADODB2NETStream). I have taken the interface Stream from ADODB but struggled with the ADODB.Stream.CopyTo(objMyADODB2NETStream, ...). I get an InvalidCastException there. Implementing of System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IStream was also out of success. C#.NET: class ADODB2NETStream : ADODB.Stream { //... } VB.NET: Class ADODB2NETStream Implements ADODB.Stream '... End Class Using sample: ADODB.Stream objAStream = new ADO...

How to get the selected video codec ? #2
Hello, in my webcam program I open the compression dialog from the webcam driver to select the codec for the video recording! Then I record with capFileSetCaptureFile(window->GetHWND(), filename); ! OK ! The video is generated with the selected codec. If I start the program again. The previous selected codec is lost and a default codec is set. To prevent this I want to get the selected codec, save it and at next start select the codec by program. But I don't know how to find out which codec was set in the driver based dialog. I would be very glad if someone could help me! Regard...

when i use stream writer to write to a shared folder, and the network card of that remote computer is disabled
when i use stream writer to write to a shared folder, and the network card of that remote computer is disabled in the middle of the write then reenabled later. every time i try to write to that same path on the network drive it says "The process cannot access the file "\\foo\bar.txt" because it is being used by another process. its not until i restart my exe that it can access it. I tried catching the error and closing the file when the network card on the remote machine is disconnected but it fails to close the connection and gets stuck in this bad state even when the network c...

Use a IPU driver function inside a stream driver
Hello, I'm working on Windows CE 5.0 and Freescale BSP iMX31. I have developed a new stream driver and now I want to add a new IOCTL code to execute an action. With this IOCTL code, inside the function XXX_IOControl, I want to call a function that resides in another dll (display driver IPU). What's the better way to do it ? How can I modify the sources file to use thi display driver ? Thanks, Paolo Hi, Did you consider implementing the wished specificities in DDIPU::DrvEscape and 'triggering' them using ExtEscape? I suppose that calling ExtEscape from a de...

Creating xml stream
I've inherited a classic ASP webapp that employs ADODB recordsets, commands, streams and connections in a VB.NET webservice, don't ask me why it was done this way. One piece of code creates a ADODB recordset, adds one column then populates the recordset with values read from the .config file. The recordset .Save() method is called, ie: .Save(objStream, ADODB.PersistFormatEnum.adPersistXML) and the function returns whatever is returned by objStream.ReadText(), see following xml. This seems like a waste of resources, not to mention the use of unmanaged code in the webservice. Is ...

XmlTextReader with Stream #2
Sorry about creating a new post, but my old one is 3 pages down and the older posts don't seem to get answered very often. (original post at the bottom) I called PSS about the QFE fix and gave them the number provided below and they told me I need an article number because QFE 1641 fixes many things and the XmlTextReader problem that I described to them wasn't one of them. Is there an article number I can provide to the PSS team? Thanks, Keith I am replying to the following post: Sorry about the confusion/delay. The QFE number for this problem is 1641. Use that for your fu...

Binary Stream multi-facility with GP collections management?
Is anyone out there using Binary Stream's multi-facility processing module and GP collections management? We're looking into that and wanted to find out if any one else has already tried. MFP is not integrated with Collections currently. Binary Stream has no reported problems when using both. GP 10, SP3. Thanks. Hi Irishjamr, I'm managing our Multi-Facility Processing product here at Binary Stream Software. We actually have a module now that integrates MFP to GP's Collections Management Module where we can filter the relevant queries and data by Entity/Facility...

"Change video"
There is a Change Picture button. I'm making a presentation with a crazy amount of music and videos which all need the same formatting. It would be great to have a Change Video and Change Audio button to limit my click-count for adding, resizing and formatting my music & video's. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micro...

video e-mail add-in
I recently installed the Outlook 2003 Add-in: Video E-mail http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f1c4207-8124-46eb-acc9-a01d7ec946e0&DisplayLang=en#Overview and I am wondering if anyone can provide some support for this because my videos do not seem to be working. When I send a video e-mail the recipient just sees this with no ability to view the video: http://turcottedevelopment.com/vidmail.jpg Might be that the receiver doesn't have OL 2003 & the ability to view video. Both sender and receiver have to have Outlook 2003 video email. There is a link o...

Unable to get video sound
I am unable to troubleshoot sound clips, the videos I load from web sites play but there is no audio. Using IE Version 6.0 Thanks. Keith sorry, sent to wrong newsgroup! "Keith Bayer" <k.bayer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:epedncaR-8JBaRnZnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@comcast.com... >I am unable to troubleshoot sound clips, the videos I load from web sites >play but there is no audio. > Using IE Version 6.0 > > Thanks. Keith > ...

Could you give Simply Video Process Example
I am doing target tracking, now I want to draw a rectangle on the captured frame and save it to a avi file using capSetCallbackOnVideoStream and capSetCallbackOnFrame, Could you give me a simply ,detail example ? Thank you for your attention! I am appreciating your helping. Lijing ...