Windows Cannot Load Device Driver....

I'm getting a message, "windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing." This occurs when I'm trying
to connect my USB Epson Perfection 3170 Scanner and my Firewire Panasonic
Camcorder. I've uninstalled both drivers numerous times and attempted to
reinstall both several times in safe mode and regular (Code 39); (Windows XP
Professional on a Dell Latitude D830 with 4 gigs Ram)

jonojazz wrote:
> I'm getting a message, "windows cannot load the device driver for
> this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing." This occurs
> when I'm trying to connect my USB Epson Perfection 3170 Scanner and
> my Firewire Panasonic Camcorder. I've uninstalled both drivers
> numerous times and attempted to reinstall both several times in
> safe mode and regular (Code 39); (Windows XP Professional on a Dell
> Latitude D830 with 4 gigs Ram)

Have you spoken with the technical support contacts for either device?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
1/4/2010 3:55:35 PM
No, I have not. Both devices were previously installed and functioning just
fine. I updated the Epson driver with no success. I'm guessing that this may
have happened when I uninstalled Skype and my Logitech Webcam (not sure). I
tried to roll my system back (restore) with no success.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> jonojazz wrote:
> > I'm getting a message, "windows cannot load the device driver for
> > this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing." This occurs
> > when I'm trying to connect my USB Epson Perfection 3170 Scanner and
> > my Firewire Panasonic Camcorder. I've uninstalled both drivers
> > numerous times and attempted to reinstall both several times in
> > safe mode and regular (Code 39); (Windows XP Professional on a Dell
> > Latitude D830 with 4 gigs Ram)
>
> Have you spoken with the technical support contacts for either device?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

How to clone a device-context?
Hi, I added two message-listeners (through subclassing) to the Progman and SysListView32 windows. Here is what I observe: (SysListView32) message=WM_PAINT,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=WM_NCPAINT,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=WM_ERASEBKGND,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=LVM_GETBKCOLOR,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (Progman) message=WM_ERASEBKGND,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 What I see is that SysListView32 paints the desktop icons *before* Progman draws the desktop wallpaper. Somehow the progman background is being render...

open windows

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Repeated Loading Of Bitmaps
I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the following code once: VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have to re-initialize m_bmp? Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402132037.16f355e5@posting.google.com... > I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the > following code once: > > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); > m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); > > If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have ...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail
My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated to either stop popups or to delete all together. You could delete it altogether if you don't use it. Which mail client program do you use? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:995B1E2D-D99D-466F-8593-4C7EA410E4BD@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail pops up on m...