Why would MS IIs/5.1 be running on my XP?

Hi,

I am trying install Wampserver on my XP Pro to try some php stuff but
when checking Port 80 it tells me it is being used by MS IIs/5.1.

Why would this be as I do not do any server stuff on this.

Can I just disable in Add/Remove MS stuff?

Thanks

rock
0
rock

Yes you can disable it from Msconfig /all.  You might have installed Visual
Studio or Visual Web Developer Express Edition.

For php testing I would recommend to you: XAMPP because it comes with
everything you need including MySql, apache, Perl and Php.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

hth

"rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying install Wampserver on my XP Pro to try some php stuff but when
> checking Port 80 it tells me it is being used by MS IIs/5.1.
>
> Why would this be as I do not do any server stuff on this.
>
> Can I just disable in Add/Remove MS stuff?
>
> Thanks
>
> rock

0
LD55ZRA
3/31/2010 2:06:12 AM
On 31/03/2010 1:06 PM, LD55ZRA wrote:
> Yes you can disable it from Msconfig /all.  You might have installed Visual
> Studio or Visual Web Developer Express Edition.
>
> For php testing I would recommend to you: XAMPP because it comes with
> everything you need including MySql, apache, Perl and Php.
>
> http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
>
> hth
>

> "rock"<1940@pobox.com>  wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying install Wampserver on my XP Pro to try some php stuff but when
>> checking Port 80 it tells me it is being used by MS IIs/5.1.
>>
>> Why would this be as I do not do any server stuff on this.
>>
>> Can I just disable in Add/Remove MS stuff?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> rock

Many thanks

rock
0
rock

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

migrate 5.5 mailbox to 2003
i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to 2003 but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'. Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003? "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5DCA60-13B9-47BD-B153-D3E3C13E8A23@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to > 2003 > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help >...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

1769- Dedicated Web-Hosting at $1.99!
World's Cheapest Rate Hosting, 99.9% Uptime US Based Dedicated Server, Fast Customer Service Register Domain only at $1.99 per Year Bonus for 1 year Package, Domain Free http://hostwebspaces.com/ ...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Exange connection

Export Excel data to Lotus Notes 6.5 Address Book
anyone know how to export excel data into Lotus Notes 6.5 address book? I've tried importing from notes... but am not having much luck. thanks, LF ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

rede xp reconhece placa mas nao obtem ip URGENTE
Estou com um problema para ter acesso a internet, pois minha placa de rede instalada e em funcionabilidade não reconhece o "ipconfig", ocorre um erro interno e não tenho nenhum acesso.A luz da entrada do cabo de rede acende porem não reconhece o ip. tentei usar o ping 127.0.0.0 mais aparece um código de erro numero 2 Olá ! Tiago ! Verifique no Gerenciador de Dispositivos se sua Placa de Rede está instalada corretamente. Você está ligando a sua Placa de Rede em um HUB/Switch ou em um Modem/Router ADSL ? Caso a Placa de Rede ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

MS CRM Certification question

Password #5
The password I have always used on 2002 Money will no longer let me access my files. Help. any suggestions. from earlier posting... ================================ This is a FAQ: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q28 In short, a password recovery program will probably get you out of trouble. Try this Google search: http://google.com/search? hl=en&q=password+recovery+microsoft+money ================================================== >-----Original Message----- >The password I have always used on 2002 Money will no longer let me access >my files. Help. any suggestions. > &...

coexistence 5.5 and 2000
I have to install an exchange2000 cluster in a subdmoain, where the root domain have a 5.5 organization. It's not a migration, how it's possible to do that!? Thanks all. So you want to make your 2000 cluster (why are you doing clustering anyways?) part of your 5.5 org? That's not a big deal. When you run setup for Exchange 2000, simply select that you want to join an existing 5.5 org and follow the prompts. Do you already have an ADC in place? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed...

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Exc5.5: Schedule Availibility out of sync
Hi, we are currently still on Exchange 5.5 site with 6 exchange servers (Win2K, SP4, EXC 5.5 SP4). After moving public folders and system folders to a new server (replacing an old NT4-BDC exc bridgehead server to prepeare migration to exc-2003), we observe that some schedules are not having the correct data (a mailbox calendar displays different entries than visible via the scheduling planner - inviting a the person to an appointment...). The movement of the public folders and the system folders (addressbook, free+busy, etc.) was done by the microsoft recommendation "moving the first ...

Stopping Excel converting 1/02 to a date
I have a requirement to create a text file with a .XLS extension to allow the user to open the file by association but there is a column of data that has the format 1/02. When I create a delimited text file with the .XLS extension Excel converts 1/02 to a date of 01-Feb. Is there any way to prevent this conversion and leave the data as 1/02? I know that you can add a ' before the text but this is then also displayed where the user only wants to see 1/02 in the cell but as a text value. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Mark two ways: - precede your entry with an apostro...