Unable to delete files / folders in windows XP ...............TS

My computer will not allow me to delete files nor do any simple file
operation.
It had become terribly fragmented which no doubt added to the issue.

Any file operation results in the error message " windows has encountered a
problem and will be shut down".

I did manage to execute the CHKDSK and the defrag operations, but only from
the SAFE mode.

0
ted

Get the GNY DJPP version of the Unix RM.com and use "rm -rf"

For Antivirus junk, I had to first rename .ddl and .exe to something else
then reboot and delete. (then I installed clamwin from sourceforge)

				    - = -
   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

vjp2
12/24/2009 6:09:48 PM
I could not find any reference for GNY DJPP version of the Unix RM.com
However, I am not so interested in deleting these items as I am fixing
whatever is causing the error condition.

thanks,   ted

<vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
> Get the GNY DJPP version of the Unix RM.com and use "rm -rf"
>
> For Antivirus junk, I had to first rename .ddl and .exe to something else
> then reboot and delete. (then I installed clamwin from sourceforge)
>

>     - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
>   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
>  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---
>   [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

0
ted
12/25/2009 12:32:19 AM
GNU.org  is "GNU not Unix"

DJGPP is the way of running Unix stuff on DOS

				    - = -
   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

vjp2

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player
Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?! ...

XP thinks it's in Safe Mode
Hello, I searched the forum and didn't see this exact problem addressed. My PC (XP SP3) suffered a rough recovery from a malware infection. I.e., some services (like Print Spooler) no longer run. The malware is gone, but when I go into Computer Management and try to restart the services (like Print Spooler), an error message pops up saying "Cannot start service in Safe Mode". However, the PC is definitely not in safe mode. So, there must be some internal flag that says otherwise. Restarting XP in safe mode and then in normal mode doesn't un-stick it. ...

E2k7 Permission on Pub. Folders
Hello, Does anyone know the cmdlet for propagating the client permissions to all sub folders of a public folder ? Kind Regards Ren� On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:40:29 +0200, r.falken <rfa@it.dk> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know the cmdlet for propagating the client permissions to >all sub folders of a public folder ? > > > >Kind Regards >Ren� Is there one? I dont know.Personally, I would wait for SP1 before doing anything with public folders and Exch 2007. The following done in PowerShell should do the trick. get-publicfolder \topfoldername -recurse | add...

tagging file in windows and upload to sharepoint
Hello, I have created picture library in MOSS 2007 and I would like to upload images containing windows file tags from a hard drive to sharepoint. Unfortunately my picture library doesn't contain tags (or keywords) assigned to picture. Is there any way to store pictures with tags in sharepoint? If not, is there any possibility to change custom column property (title, keywords etc) for more than one picture in one editing without additional scripting? ...

Practicing then deleting
Can I train my employees by running practice transactions and practice POs, then delete all of them when we are ready to go live? Also, we are going to go live before we have every item in the database. Can we create a MISC ITEM and use that for items that are purchased that are not in the database? Any bad things about that? You can't really delete transactions very easily. You can void them. You could create a practice customer account - or even better, a training database - and delete the customer/database when you go live. Using a non-inventory MISC SKU is fine for completi...

hide window from task bar
if I create a window using CreateEx, how can I prevent the window from showing up on the task bar? Thanks, Mark Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is here: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp --- Ajay thanks! I'm new to MFC... Cheers, Mark "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is > here: > > http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp > > --- > Ajay > > Welcome to MFC Mark. I think you'll find that MFC will help you create grea...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

unable to scroll the page

Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?
I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a worksheet as a jpg file. Can anyone tell me how? (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.) Many thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a worksheet. Copy the pictu...

file://./backofficestorage...
I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003 server. I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I can't find it now. Thanks! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!! Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us HTH -- James Whelan Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging Premier Field Engineering Microsoft United Kingdom Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup pu...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Unable to conect

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

office files on DFS share
Hello everyone, how does an office (excel) file behave if it is opened, edited ans saved on two different locations and then replicated to the central location through DFS? Is there any algorithm to ersolve conflicts? I could not find any whitepaper on this until now. Thank you. -- The sun is shining. ...

After compiled to MDE file, all AutoKeys won't work
Dear All,I have written an Access XP (2002) program that I used some function keys tocall the form, so I used AutoKeys at macro and made some function keys. WhenI run my program under Access, the function keys is working well. But afterI compiled to MDE file and run the mde file, all the function keys gone.Does anyone know Why? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank youDaryl...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....