switching users

(Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit windows.)
Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat smoother but
has intermittent problems.
So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off
and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome screen, since
they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says
Automation Server Can't Create
and the previous checks do not hold.  Obviously I must not have something loaded ?
Appreciate any help.

0
RB

"RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message
> (Running XP Pro sp3 on Gateway Laptop, 64bit AMD processor, 32 bit
> windows.)
> Having trouble switching user accounts (logging off goes somewhat
> smoother but
> has intermittent problems.
> So I go into User Accounts->Change the way users Log on or off
> and I check the Allow fast switching and also check Use Welcome
> screen, since
> they are not checked. However I then get a msg that says
> Automation Server Can't Create
> and the previous checks do not hold.  Obviously I must not have
> something loaded ?
> Appreciate any help.

Use the .vbs script available for download on this page:

Error "The specified module could not be found" while using the User
Accounts applet
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/useraccerror.htm

Related:

Error "Automation server can't create object" while changing the User
Account picture
http://www.winxptutor.com/userpicerror.htm

and

Error "Automation server can't create object" while viewing the system
information in Help and Support Center
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/23/1/Error-Automation-server-cant-create-object-while-viewing-the-system-information-in-Help-and-Support-Center.html

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
3/27/2010 3:59:14 AM
You might have some third party tool installed to monitor Wireless
connection rather than using Windows Zero Configuration tool and Monitoring
tool.

Please confirm whether you have any third party wireless tool installed.  I
am not talking about drivers but the tool itself that allows you to view
"Available Wireless Connections".

hth

--

LVTravel <noone@none.com> is a convicted paedophilia from Johnstown, USA
and has been outed under Megan's Law.  Please report him to your local

0
LD55ZRA
3/27/2010 4:53:28 AM
Yes I do have a broadcom wireless utility. It works good, but I have suspected
it for other problems and tried in the past to uninstall it but it seems impossible.
On reboot it reinstalls itself without my input. And more than once I have tried
to install the Windows Zero Config tool in the control panel and it gets to the
point where it says it may not be able to install on some hardwire configs and
then it just stops.
Am I missing something ?

0
RB
3/27/2010 1:16:36 PM
>"glee"  wrote
> Use the .vbs script available for download on this page: Error "The specified module could not be found" while using the User
> Accounts applet
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/useraccerror.htm

Thank you  ! This script actually worked and fixed it perfectly.  I was sceptical
since I had already found and ran some regsvr32 bla bla files that did not fix it.
Ramesh also has a lot of other good stuff at his site.

0
RB
3/27/2010 1:45:41 PM

>>"glee"  wrote
>> Use the .vbs script available for download on this page: Error "The
>> specified module could not be found" while using the User Accounts
>> applet
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/useraccerror.htm
>
> Thank you  ! This script actually worked and fixed it perfectly.  I
> was sceptical
> since I had already found and ran some regsvr32 bla bla files that did
> not fix it.
> Ramesh also has a lot of other good stuff at his site.

Glad it worked for you.

I saw you were discussing your wireless config utility in this thread,
and could not imagine what it would have to do with your posted problem.
However if you're looking to replace the 3rd party wireless utility with
Windows Native utility, it must be either uninstalled or disabled.  If
you cannot find a way to disable it in the program, and there is no
listing in Add or Remove Programs to uninstall it, contact the provider
of the utility for instructions.

Yes, Ramesh has a lot of fixes and tips on his site.....it's always a
good site to check.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee

cant activate user
I upgraded an CRM 1.2 installation to CRM 3.0 - with no big problems. But now I cannot activate users or change restricted access mode setting. When I try to do this and hit save and exit an error page appears. Anyone any idea where I could look at to solve this problem? ...

Looking for Dynamics CRM users in N.C
Hi, I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is looking at this software to replace one we are using now. Would love to see it being used in a working environment. Thanks Mark Feel free to contact us to discuss your CRM needs ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "madkins" <madkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3255FD5D-B440-4EDF-BDF3-74A34A2FB096@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am looking for someone who uses Dynamics CRM in N.C. My Company is > looking > at this...

Configuration for 2 similar users on one Exchange server hosting 2 domains
I have a new requirement that has never come up before. Currrently I have one exchange 2003 server that hosts two domains. I need to create basically the same email address except the domain would be different. It would be something like john.smith@abc.com and john.smith@xyz.com. How do I do this? My usual process is to create the user in the AD tree to which they will be working within but we are now sharing staff across the organization and we need to have a method of creating similar email accounts within the other domains. The intention is that when an email is sent and the employee paid ...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

VBA Code to have User input data for cell
Afternoon Gurus!!! I have written the following code Rows("1:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Company Name" With Selection.Font .Size = 16 End With Range("A3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "TRIAL BALANCE FOR PERIOD ENDING:" Range("F3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "4/30/2010" Rows("1:3").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True Range("F3").Select With Selection.Font ...

User permissions
I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook folders? Note I deactivated and then activated this user. Could this be the issue? Thank you. Figured it out. Once I inactivated the user, I had to install the outlook account on his pc. brian wrote: > I apparently made a change in a user profile on the server management > feature on our server. Now a user does not have permissions to for > outlook. How do I setup permissions for outlook fol...

Changing user IDs, computers, etc., with Outlook and OE -- what a mess!
I have had a lot of issues lately involving changing user IDs, bringing users from workgroup to domain logins, switching computers, and running multiple identities. I really need a pointer to a good reference on how to handle these situations. These involve both Outlook and Outlook Express -- yes, I know they are radically different code bases, but the issues affect both nearly equally, especially when used in a POP/SMTP environment as most small businesses do. Users frankly don't care about the details. They just want to keep their email. Speaking of which, backups... Switching a us...

Managing Users by User Other Than SA
Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the User Setup? Use DYNSA -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > User Setup? > > Charles Allen wrote: > Use DYNSA > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > > > > "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > > > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > > User Setup? > > > > If you are on GP10 grant the user the IT Manager role and add...

Forcing Users to Color Print
Greetings, I have an excel colour document (red, white & grey) which I want users to print in colour ONLY. I use the grey font as a shadow font which users can write over in pen. The problem arises when they print it in black & white; even the faint grey font appears in black. How can I overcome this? Is there a way to prevent black and white printing of a document? Or can I possibly modify the doc such that it prints OK in colour but looks illegible in black and white? I'm prepared to use VBA or any method possible & I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance, Hype...

Possibility to analyze users
Is there a possibility in Microsoft CRM to analyze actions of a users for a week (for example). I found only reports that show me the list of users (I mean sales), but not what they did for this week. There is an Actity report that will show you the activities created. I don't think there is one that groups by users though. It would be easy to modify one of the supplied reports to display the information with a different grouping. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:39:03 -0700, Vitaly ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Email Duplication for single user only
I have having a problem with a single user that is receiving a duplicated email off another user everytime its sent. This is the only one it happens too but it's consistent every time.The sender is only sending to one email address no aliases no cc, bcc etc. This is happening on MS outlook 02, pop3 accounts. within the network. ...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Do not require Order Management users to have domain accounts
The current release of order management requires users to login it to the network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

How can I add a chart on my user form ?
Hi, Would you please help me, I need to add a chart on my user name! Thanks in advance There are two ways to do this. The easy way is described by John Walkenbach: Spreadsheet Page Excel Tips: Displaying A Chart In A Userform http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/displaying_a_chart_in_a_userform/ A more elegant but much more complicated approach is shown by Stephen Bullen: Office Automation Ltd. - Stephen Bullen's Excel Page http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp Scroll down 3/4 of the way, to PastePicture.zip - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Ser...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Attachments not working for some users
Hello, Has anyone come across this? We have 2 users in the system who are both system administrators, both in the same business unit. One person can add attachments to CRM e-mails and the other user cannot (they get an http 500 internal server error). Any ideas why this would be occuring? jolee ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

Distribute macro to users
I have written a macro for a spreadsheet, chicago.xls. Let's call the macro testmacro. The users would like to be able to run the same macro for other spreadsheets (eg. denver.xls, dallas.xls, NewYork.xls, boston.xls, miami.xls etc..). So they'll open the spreadsheet, press a button and get the desired result. I have read some of the threads on putting a button on a floating toolbar. Debra Dalgleish's info is helpful but I'm just getting very confused. How can I give testmacro to the users so they can just press a button to run the macro? I am using Excel V...

Detecting the current logged-on user
Is it possible to detect the current logged-on user (not the user of the calling thread) from a Windows service's thread? The service runs in the context of a special service account, the Windows function GetCurrentUser (called from the service's thread) returns only the special service account name. I want to allow the service to start a program in the context of the current logged-on user (if a user is logged on) to inherit all the user's rights and to make the program visible to the current logged-on user. Thank you. Olaf ...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

USER.EXE
I am running Windows Me and when I open Excel from Start/Programs I get a USER.EXE error message, I've tried doing a rapair and install to no avail. What do I do or where do I go now? Thanks Hi Place an empty textfile in C:\Windows and name it user.exe (not user.exe.txt !). The file doesn't have to do anything. If no good then try moving it around to C:\ , C:\Windows\System and other critical locations. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> skrev i melding news:eFkHdO%23OEHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am running Windows Me and w...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...