Switching between open windows

Somewere, and I can't remember where, I found an option to change the way I
switch between open windows.  Default is one click of the left mouse button
when one is over the window or a piece of the window.  This option I ran
across allowed me to just hover over a window to make it current.  Thinking
it would save time and effort, I switched to hover.  Big mistake.  Now I
would like to go back to the default method of one click of the left mouse
button but for the life of me I can't find where to change it.
--
Thanks in advance

"RushL" <RushL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewere, and I can't remember where, I found an option to change the way
> switch between open windows.  Default is one click of the left mouse
> button
> when one is over the window or a piece of the window.  This option I ran
> across allowed me to just hover over a window to make it current.
> Thinking
> it would save time and effort, I switched to hover.  Big mistake.  Now I
> would like to go back to the default method of one click of the left mouse
> button but for the life of me I can't find where to change it.
> --
> Thanks in advance

Do you have TweakUI installed on your computer? If you do check under the
Mouse settings to see if you've activated any of the X-Mouse options. If
not, do a Google search for X-Mouse. There may be a solution to your problem
there.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

0
Nepatsfan

windows 7 microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
Can any one tell what this is? Can i remove it or does it have to installed? Loran, When you Googled it, what did you find ? http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+7+microsoft+virtual+wifi+miniport+adapter BB "Loran" <loranteck@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eQVduQC5KHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can any one tell what this is? Can i remove it or does it have to > installed? > leave it alone. "Loran" <loranteck@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eQVduQC5KHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > Can any one tell what this is...

Access 2007, Cannot open Properties window in form design view.
First time use of Access 2007 on new install from Office Ultimate on XP SP2 Created a new database. Created a new form. Right Click on the form and select properties. Nothing happens. Same result for a button on the form. Rebooted the computer with no change in behavior. Same experience with a report. Cant see any configuration setting that will disable or hide the design properties window other than the properties sheet button in the database tools tab.show/hide section and it has no effect Thanks in advance for any assistance, RobGMiller... On Apr 5, 5:20 pm, imagirlgeek <imag...

last files opened list
At one time I did a registry hack that disabled the recent/last open files list in the task pane. When I open excel the task pane is always empty under open. Does anyone know how to undo this tweak so that my last opened files show in the task pane? Using excel 2003. Thanks. Hi try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Phil (purplehaz) wrote: > At one time I did a registry...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Order by on form open
Private Sub DateOfServiceLabel_Click() If Right(Me.OrderBy, 4) = "DESC" Then Me.OrderBy = "[DateOfService]" Else Me.OrderBy = "[DateOfService]" & " DESC" End If Me.OrderByOn = True Me.OrderByOn = True ------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub DoctorLabel_Click() If Right(Me.OrderBy, 4) = "DESC" Then Me.OrderBy = "[Doctor]" Else Me.OrderBy = "[Doctor]" & " DESC" End If Me.OrderByOn = True Me.OrderByOn = True I use these codes on the on click event of the label...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Access 2003 database will not open unless you open access first (m
I am using Access 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Server SP2 box. I am unable to open ANY Access 2003 databases by double-clicking on them. Nothing happens, they don't open, I don't get any error messages the hourglass shows up for a brief time but nothing else happens. I can however open up any of these databases by opening up the Access program itself then file open. Everything appears normal afterwards but after closing the application I again cannot open it with a double click. Rebooting the server does not help, and I am totally stumped as to why this continues to happen. Ha...

cannot access office 2007 after windows update
i updated my windows and now every office program says" microsoft excel has not been installed for current user. please run setup to install the application" i cant access the setup You cannot access the Control Panel to get at Add or Remove Programs? Do you have an Office 2007 CD? Have you tried Start>Programs>Microsoft Office>MS Office Tools and run Diagnostics? Just for curiosity..........which Windows Update caused the problem? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:49:01 -0800, marco gueli <marco gueli@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Opening a link in out look opens netscape instead of Explorer
I have Netscape on my computer. I use Outlook and Internet Explorer as my default browser. When I recieve an email with a link pasted in the email and click on it, Netscape opens instead of Internet Explorer. How can I have Internet Explorer open instead of Netscape Thanks in advance <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7c01c3b500$4d33e560$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Netscape on my computer. I use Outlook and > Internet Explorer as my default browser. When I recieve > an email with a link pasted in the email and click on it, > Netscape open...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

opening multiple files #5
If I try opening more than one file in Excel 2003 from startup, only one file is displayed and only one task bar button is shown. The other files cannot be accessed although closing the displayed file allows them to be displayed. Ctrl+F6 does not work. Opening subsequent files works as it should with files being accessible and toolbar buttons displayed. Anyone tried this and is there a solution? ...

spell checker stop working after I installed windows xp
Why did my speel check stop working after I installed xp This is in outlook express. I am basicly an idiot so please use simple answers Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal a...

slow opening
Excel 2007 is slow opening small files. Email attachments, click to open, could take minutes to open a 30K file. However, if I click the menu button in Excel, the file will pop open. Same goes for double-clicking files in Windows Explorer. However, if Excel is open already, the file will open right up. So, what's the issue with Excel being slow to open from a closed position? thanks "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:Oule0eaoIHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Excel 2007 is slow opening small files. > > Email attachments, click to open, ...

Open VBA Editor?
Hi, Is there a way I can open the vba editor from a command button? Hi Craig, Do you mean with a button in the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)? If so, right click the blank space at end of QAT -> Customize Quick Access Toolbar -> In the Choose commands from select All commands. Find Visual Basic and Add it. -- Regards, OssieMac "Craig" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can open the vba editor from a command button? apologies if i was not clear....i am trying to assist colleagues in writing simple code. From a Userform i have done i want to...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Windows PowerShell Documentation Review
Regarding this blogpost: Windows PowerShell Documentation Review https://msmvps.com/blogs/jeffloucks/archive/2010/02/25/windows-powershell-documentation-review.aspx from that blogpost: "As a member, you'll get to read and comment on the Help docs before they're published, and work with the writers, editors, and the product team to make sure every word is really helpful." Does anyone here have any information about this project? Is there repository for these contributed comments separate from https://connect.microsoft.com/powershell ? - Larry I help ma...

windows media player #11 08-07-10
I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but some will not. When I try and play them a pop up that says this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.Create an association in the folder option control panel. can someone tell me how to do this. Thanks TJStevens "TJ STEVENS" <tstevens@progressivetel.com> wrote in message news:%23Cq5fnkNLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I get some e-mails with short movies in them. Most of them will play but >some will no...

opening a link in a workbook cell to edit??
I have a cell or cells that have a link to an external file/workbook on my drive. I have changed the path that it was kept in and I know I have the option to update the data when opening the file but I also want to be able to select a specific cell and adjust VIA a window / wizard rather than trying to type in the new link. Can this be done?? Mike Hi Mike, Maybe not exactly what you want, but you can choose Edit, Links and pick the Change Source options. You can also press Ctrl+H and replace the references cell by cell enter the path you are searching for and the new path you want...

Open Application from Ribbon
My Button: <button id="edudex" label="Edudex" onAction="=edudex()"/> The Function: Public Function Edudex() Shell ("C:\Program Files\Edu.Dex\EduDex.exe") End Function The Error Message: "The expression you entered has a function name that system can't find." Any help? Hum. Is the function declared in a standard public module, or a form that HAS THE FOCUS. In other words, it has to be one of the above two possible: What you have looks ok, it just a question of where you placed your sample code.... -- Albert D. Kallal (A...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

Windows Live to Outlook
Can you tell me how I can transfer all my emails from Windows Live account to Outlook? (I think it is Outlook 2007 I have). I don’t want to lose all my emails and contacts etc. Thanks! You'll need to use the outlook connector. http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9a2279b1-df0a-46e1-aa93-7d4870871ecf&displaylang=en -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messagi...

Cannot open file because it is corrupt
Hours of work - it will not open. Is there a workaround to get to the data? Please - I am computer literate - just tell me how to get to the data - outside word? outside microsoft - I can reformat it just don't want to lose it all..... Hi sbr4tdy, What file format - doc/docx? Is this on your HDD or a USB stick? Do you have backups - if not, why not? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "sbr4tdy" <sbr4tdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC213F22-5D4B-4E07-86A4-8AC6048B839B@microsoft.com... > Hours of work - it will not open....

CD/DVD can't "see" CDs after Windows Vista update (KB973917)
Ever since this update installed, my CD/DVD drive does not see any CD or DVD I put in the drive. I have looked for an updated driver and have the most recent driver. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, both with and without shutting down the laptop and starting it up again. Device Manager says the device is working properly, which it clearly isn't. I am wondering if I should uninstall the update. Lisa This sometimes happens Go into the Registry and search for Upper and Lower Filters. When found delete both of them. Close out and Save and then reboot. ...

opening additional mailboxes
I am wondering if there is a way to remotely add an additional mailbox to a users configuration. Meaning a way that doesn't require me to open up their mailbox on their machine and add it. Evidently this information is stored locally and not within the exchange server. Thanks that is a client-side function only... "mikea" <mikea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF53CB6-256C-421C-A3A8-BB0784D13139@microsoft.com... > I am wondering if there is a way to remotely add an additional mailbox to a > users configuration. Meaning a way that doesn't...