Restoring AutoRun to Drives

Hi,

I followed some advice a while back to turn off AutoRun on my external
drives.

The method I used was to change the value of all keys called
'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' to FF in my Registry. (ie. Turn them all off.)

This worked perfectly, but now I realise that I included my photo card
reader drive in that procedure as well by mistake. I want to have my
photo card reader drive back on AutoRun, so that inserting a card
automatically starts up the program I use to transfer my photos from
card to computer.

The trouble is, I can't remember what the value of it was before I
changed it to FF... :(

Can anyone tell me what the default value should be, so I can put it
back, please?

Thanks in advance,
Meehan Mydog
Cheshire, UK
0
Meehan

On Apr 12, 11:08=A0am, Meehan Mydog <not@all> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed some advice a while back to turn off AutoRun on my external
> drives.
>
> The method I used was to change the value of all keys called
> 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' to FF in my Registry. (ie. Turn them all off.)
>
> This worked perfectly, but now I realise that I included my photo card
> reader drive in that procedure as well by mistake. I want to have my
> photo card reader drive back on AutoRun, so that inserting a card
> automatically starts up the program I use to transfer my photos from
> card to computer.
>
> The trouble is, I can't remember what the value of it was before I
> changed it to FF... :(
>
> Can anyone tell me what the default value should be, so I can put it
> back, please?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Meehan Mydog
> Cheshire, UK

Easy method is to download / install TweakUI from the Powertoys for XP
and then look under My Computer section --> AutoPlay --> Drives
0
smlunatick
4/12/2010 5:14:59 PM
smlunatick wrote:

> Easy method is to download / install TweakUI from the Powertoys for XP
> and then look under My Computer section --> AutoPlay --> Drives

Ha! I'd forgotten about TweakUI...

I already have it installed. Trouble is, when I look in the 'Drives'
section under Autoplay, ALL the boxes are ticked, right the way through
from A to Z, even though I only have C, D, E & I.

I had a mooch around there though and found the one for Autoplay Drive
Types, ticked the box for removable drives, and hey presto! It worked.

Thanks.
0
Meehan

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Need to Set CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP
I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier. I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP TIA Bob in Wisconsin Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier. > I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) Speci...

BROWSEINFO --> How to Show only Show only Hard Disk Drives
hi.. I need to browse only Hard drives (if there r C & D, only C drive and D drive) in my dialog. I dont Know the details. If you now the details please mail me.And another thing is upon opening the drive it should display only the Folders , and should not display Files - Navin Hello, Looks like you might need to use GetLogicalDriveStrings() and GetDriveType(). You can look them up in the MSDN help. GetLogicalDriveStrings() is used to grab all the drives on the system, then use GetDriveType() with your results which will output values like DRIVE_REMOVABLE, DRIVE_REMOTE, DRIVE_...

Drive Config
I have just added a new RAID-1 set to my Exchange server and am going to create two new stores and add one DB per store as recommended. Does it matter if I split that new RAID set up into 2 logical drives or just put both storage groups on the same drive letter? I would think since it's the same physical set of drives that it wouldn't matter. Thanks for any help. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:50:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just added a new RAID-1 set to my Exchange server and am going to >create two new stores and add one DB per store as r...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

No network drive mapping after joining Active Directory ?
We are migrating our NOS to Active Directory. On a Windows XP SP3 workstation, we are able to join Domain. However, when we log in as Domain User, it does accept Domain password but we only get local C drive (No Network Drive at all). We have tried using different users (with administrative right) to log in but get the same result. Your advice is sought. Howdie! On 21.04.2010 12:38, Patrick wrote: > We are migrating our NOS to Active Directory. > > On a Windows XP SP3 workstation, we are able to join Domain. > > However, when we log in as Domain User, i...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive
My cd rom icon is missing. I cannot use cd rom to reinstall my system. The current operating system is Vista. Hope anybody can help me. Hi, You shouldn't need an icon to run a disk. Open Windows Explorer after inserting the disk (assuming it doesn't autorun) and double click on the CD drive to initiate activity. If you are "missing" the drive altogether, there are steps outlined here to correct it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 -- Best of Luck, Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Windows hel...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

Restore problem
I needed to recover C and D drives from two week old Drive Image files from the secondary HD ... had back ups to many programs on drives E&F ... operating system on C, program files on D: e.g. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Money. Everyone recovered and updated fine except MS Money 2003. Win2000 Pro system. After restoring the file from E:\backup\Money .. the files and program looks great ... but will no longer allow me to enter a transaction.... comes back, "This transaction can not be entered." Tried to create a new file (new name) and restore to it ...now system says it can not...

stand-by server restore
I am currently installing Exchange 2003 to two identical member servers. In addition I have another identical server for recovery purposes. I'm using BackupExec 9 to backup Exchange databases. I'm familiar with the stand-by recovery server procedures, and have this server configured (identical OS/patches etc) to perform this role should it be required. However, is it possible to install Exchange 2003 on this server in an identical config to the other two servers (store name, path, virtual server config etc all identical) but with empty db stores? Then, should one of the ...

updating active workbook from network drive
I want to have an identical workbook on desktop update from a workboo stored on a network drive. I know this can be done, but I dont know th syntax and how to place it in the module. Can anyone Help me Please ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Event ID 8213 / error 0x80090005 after exchange restore
Did a "setup /disasterrecovery" to restore databases, this has been in the event logs since. The restore did not create a MSExchangeFBPublish key in the registry (which was there on the previous install). I re-created the key, however no dice - still get "System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine MAILSERVER2. The error number is 0x80090005" in the application log every 10-20 minutes. Looked around on newgroups - appears others have had this problem. Anyone know a fix? Answered my own question - knowledgebase article on using ADSIedi...

Restore button minimizes instead of restores!
For some reason whenever my user hits the restore button in excel, the application is minimized to the task bar instead of just becoming smaller on the screen. How can I reset the function for restore so that it doesn't minimize it? Thanks, Leslie Lesile, I had this happen once on a computer, don't know why, in my case the window looked like it was minimized to the task bar, but it was actually going off screen, try this after you hit the restore button, press (shift + alt + spacebar), then press m. now you can try to move the window with the arrow keys and see if you can find it...

How do i restore my Menu Bar???
I have no idea how this end-user did this (because it should be impossible to do), but I have a user that no longer has a Menu Bar in Outlook 2000 (It appears in Word, Excel, etc - just not Outlook). I have uninstalled Outlook, rebooted, and re-installed Outlook. I have uninstalled Office 2000, rebooted, and installed Office 2000 with all available options. Whatever I do, whenever Outlook opens up, it no longer has the Menu Bar (File...Edit...View etc). Using the F1 help in Outlook tells me to click View...Toolbars, but this is my problem -- I don't have a View!!!! This seems like a...

Money 2001 Cannot Restore Data
When my computer died I extracted all data from Money 2001 onto an external drive. When I purchased a new computer with Vista I reinstalled Money 2001 with the original CD. Now I am unable to restore the data. Money keeps asking for a password but will not recognize the password I know is the correct one. A possible problem could be that an automatic update was installed with a newer version and that version is what the backup data is based on. I know that you cannot go from a higher version to a lower version but can restore a lower version to a higher version. So I thought I'...

Restoring an image after repartitioning the image restore drive?
I'm a little confused about this: I save several (different-dated) system images on my backup drive, with a pretty large partition reserved just for storing those system drive (C: ) images (the rest of the space on that drive is still unallocated). Now suppose I increase the size of the partition on the backup drive (which stores those images) to make more room for more of them, and subsequently save a few more backup images. Ok, no problem so far. But now if decide to restore a much earlier image (where the partition size on the backup drive was previously allocated as...

database restore
How can I simply do a database restore from a backup (.bck file) in RMS Admin? -- Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_051A_01C70A48.42C79E50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Scott, Database | delete (be real sure you really want to do this) | select the = existing that you want to restore | Database | Restore | name it as the = old one | Next | point to your backup .bck file by clicking on the = magnifying glass --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

restore problem
I have very small operatin here. I am backing up Information store\first storage group to HDD of another computer using windows backup program. Backup report, show how many files have been backed up. But when i use Restore operation, there is a picture of yellow folder and Question mark in fornt of "server\microsoft Information Store\first storage group" which I want to restore. It will allow me to select, but if i try to expand it by clicking on a plus sign, it will ask me to give catalog backup file name. Once I give the file name , "Server\Microsoft Informatin store\first...