repair a windows installation from within ANOTHER installation

Ok I hope that I am explaining this correctly:

I had an issue with windows xp, and I wanted to repair it, but for
some reason my disc (dont ask why) didnt give me a choice of
repairing
the windows installation..so I just installed another copy (now c:
\windows.1 lets say)  I dont want to go through the hassle of fixing
everything, reinstalling my shortcuts, etc....I just want to be able
to repair my ORIGINAL windows installation c:\windows.  Is there a
way, from the windows.1 installation, to repair the c:\windows
installation?  like doing the sfc /scanow but to scan the original
windows installation?
0
Ratedr

Accessing control from another class
I'm trying to create an easy way to send data to controls from my worker classes for easy debugging. I know I should somehow setup a pointer from my dlg class so that my corker class can access it... but I'm unsure how to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated: MyDialog.h /////////// CMyDialog m_pdlg*; //public MyDialog.cpp ///////////// BOOL CMyDialog::InitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); //somehow create pointer here for worker class //having problems here WorkerClass m_worker; m_worker.m_pDlg = this; } WorkerClass.h ///////////// CMyDialog *m_pDlg; WorkerCla...

Windows Update Aug. causes bug!
Hi guys, if you have got problems with crm since your last Windows Update just uninstall the patch KB918899. The error the patch causes, crashes the Internet Explorer after you've clicked on the menu or contextmenu (in CRM). Note: Please uninstall this patch only, if you have the problem I have described above! Regards Mario Knezevic I have had similar problems with Internet Explorer recently, it doesnt seem everytime I press the menus, but every so often. Lost a lot of customisations when i went to save once! I will remove the patch and see what I get. "Mario Knezevic...

Call Link Table Manager windows from VBA
Hi, I have a database put in the shared drive with front end (on user PC) link to it. Now several users wnat to have a copy of the backend on their laptop so that they can refer to the infomation on the database while working in the field. I thought to allow them to copy the backend mdb to their laptop and allow them to relink tables but I cannot find a way to call the Link Table Manager since the menu bar is disable. Is there a way to call Link Table Manager from VBA? SF You would be better to implement some re-linking code. This code will check for the DB on the network share an...

#value appears when file sent to another user
I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external workbooks. When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value error, however when I open the file I don't get this error. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it? Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Each recipient will have to make this change. simmerdown wrote: > > I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file wi...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Problems with files attaches in windows mail
Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista Home Premium. Please help. Thank you You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed. "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A8CD0F1-8858-41C4-85F5-2985B4F29571@microsoft.com... > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista > Home > Premium. Please help. > Thank you I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002 "Charles W Davis" wrote: > You must have either Microsof...

Windows Vista
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it says: Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other' What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the &#...

Install on Citrix
Hi, I'm looking at installing on a Citrix Xpe environment running on Windows Terminal Server 2003. I see ther there is a package in downloads which has a script called "terminstall.cmd". The suggestion is to put the correct parmeters in this script and update the user profile to run it on logon. If it is a small site would it be ok to run the script manually with the 'install' parameter after logging on as the user? Thanks Rocky. Yes. that should be ok. Just make sure the user already has their outlook profile configured Thanks Noor "rock" wrote: &g...

Database Properties Window won't open
I've got Visio 2003 Professional. I can't get the Database properties window to open. I've already used it on this machine but since shutting down last night and turning it back on again this morning I can't get the database properties window to open. I double click on the tables in my ERD... nothing. I right mouse click on a table and select "Database Properties..." ... nothing. What's going on? Thanks. Be careful if you close the Database properties window you can have it again. There is no command to reopen it (certainly a bug). But be glad i have a...

Modifier Error
I am getting an error when I try to get into Modifier - "Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in forms dictionary". There are no users in GP at the time I am trying to edit the forms. It doesn't matter which dictionary I'm trying to edit. Thanks Beth It there are no other users in the system and the forms.dic is local then make sure the Forms.dic is not read-only. If the forms.dic is read-only, a message stating another user is editing resources will be displayed. Thanks, rc "Beth" wrote: > I am getting an error...

Open One DB From Another?
I'd like to be able to open one database which would run an autoexec macro to open a "utility" database to do a few standard initialization things and have that db open the main database which contains my actual app. The main (second) db is secured. Is this possible? I just reread my first post. Too hastily written, I think. Let me try again. I want to have a utility database which does some standard initialization stuff. I would open this utility database first, it would do some initialization things (probably from within an autoexec macro) then it would open the seco...

Windows Update at Shutdown
Running Win XP Pro and IE8. For about a week or so, when I shutdown, I see the option of clicking to obtain a Windows update, or to shutdown with out the update. I have been clicking on the "update" part and I see the update as being installed and then I do shut down. But the next time I want to shutdown, I get the same option screen again. I can't get to the "no-option" screen that I usually see. Thanks Roger -- Roger [Crosspost to Windows Update] And the update's (or updates') KB number(s) is/are...? WinXP SP2 or SP3? Check y...

Outlook repair
I have Office 2000 on my computer and the Outlook application ahs been damaged when a virus invaded my machine. As a result, I am not able to use the email portion of Office which would be very helpful to me. As an alternate, I have been using Netscape. The Office SW was loaded on my computer by my previous employer. When I left that company, I requested that I be given my computer and the related SW. I have a signed note from the CEO transferring all the hardware and SW to me. However, I do not have the CD to reload the Office SW to repair the damage portions. Is there a way t...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

Instalation failed by C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
I trialled the latest version of Money but realised I was happy with Money 2000 so I uninstalled the trial version and attemped to reinstall Money 2000 only to get a window headed 16 bit Windows Subsysytem which read C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running msdos or microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close did nothing and setup would not activate on the Money CD ...

Windows
it use to be when i opened an excel doc it would open a tab on th bottom of my toolbar. and for every doc opened it would open a new tab well now (not sure how) every doc opens in one tab and i have to go an select each book from the window menu. this is really frusteratin because i work in many excel docs at once and i alt tab all day long. am sure this is an easy fix but i cant seem to figure it out...any hel would be great! Thank you! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools>Options...>View Check 'Windows in taskbar' -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Reinstallation of Windows XP and Outlook
I had to reinstall XP on my computer, and it wiped out everything in Outlook 2002, including my inbox, outbox, contacts, etc... Is there a way that this can be recovered, or did XP just delete it all? I've reinstalled earlier versions of windows in the past, and never lost any email settings or messages (inbox or outbox). Fixed it...Windows XP had created a second profile with the same name. At first, it did not show up, but later, after rebooting the computer, it showed two profiles. When I clicked on the first one, everything that had been missing showed up. Bruce >-----Or...

Money 2005 -Can't Install
I've installed the product on multiple computers within my home. I like the product and find that the product will load on my personal computer. The problem I have is that each time I load it gives an error message intidicating that it can't continue the process. Clearly it's not the product; other software is doing fine. Any suggestions on how I can get past the error message. I've already contacted technical support by phone and it is overwhelmed with calls; so I was referred to this site. Your thoughts are appreciate!. What is the exact message you're getting? ...

compact and repair through a VB code
Hi, I have a probem that my database canot be compacted and repaired while it's being used by users,so i'm trying to write the below code on the on time event to do compact and repair at 2:30 am when all users had already closed the application,but i get a message that says that i cannot compact and repair my database through a VB code or through a macro,instead i should go to toos>dtabase utilities...ecc. do suggest something? If Time() > "2:30:00 AM" And Time() < "2:30:06 AM" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase End If U´┐Żytkownik "...

Repair Install..
When I built my current computer, the one I'm using to post this message, I bought duplicate parts and built a second computer. For ease of discussion, the original computer is #1 and the second computer is #2. I have cloned the two hard drives from #1 and put them into #2. It works but there are some hardware differences between #1 and #2 so #2 wants to be authenticated, etc but I don't want to do that. I want to be able to use both computers. If I buy Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 OEM can I use that disk to basically install that version onto hard drive #2 w...

Help with Outlook
Hoping that someone can help with this. I regularly receive an email which includes an embedded hyperlink which when clicked is supposed to generate an automatic email response with the subject line filled in with a predetermined code. Everything used to work fine but recently something changed (I don't know what) but now when I click the hyperlink - 44, yes, I counted them, 44 Internet Explorer windows open. It happens every time - 44 browser windows! As far as I can tell, I don't have any other weird behaviour on my computer. I ran an Outlook detect and repair and stil...

How to create a tooltip window which remains there until i explicitly hide it.
Hi, I want to create a tooltip window which wont hide until I explicitly closes it. I tried to increase the delay time by sending TTM_SETDELAYTIME message, but it accepts only up to max of short. I then tried by including the TTF_TRACK flag in the uFlags member of the TOOLINFO structure when sending the TTM_ADDTOOL message and updating the location by sending TTM_TRACKPOSITION. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760252(VS.85).aspx But now I loses the default behavior of tooltip window. ie, window pops up suddenly when i move mouse to the control. So my question is how can i develo...

Repairing One File That SFC Could Not Repair
Question: How do I get a file not repaired by System File Checker from a Vista DVD and put it back on the Vista tree? Cannot find the file on the DVD. Background: I had rare problem with Vista (clean installed 3 months ago, after 28 months of the original installation working). My hard drive is probably nearing life end, but there are only a few bad sectors (and only because HP Pavilion notebooks are NOTORIOUS for overheating and reducing drive life). System Restore did not work: it stopped for hours at the "initializing" phase at EVERY restore point, and...

Windows 7 redirect, or what to purge/delete on a new Windows 7 laptop to be returned....
I can't find which newsgroup to ask the following question. So if anyone could redirect me to the proper newsgroup, I'd apprecaiate it. Or if anyone could answer this question. I've had a Windows 7 laptop for a few weeks, but I intend to return it. I've mostly surfed, but I would like to know what and how to delete any and all records of my surfing, etc. Also my logon. Basically I don't want anything from me on that computer when I return it. Thanks, -- Steve Mc DNA to SBC to respond Steve Mc wrote: > I can't find which newsgr...

OWA, Integrated Windows Authentication, and the default domain
Hi there! I'm having a strange issue and I thought I'd post about it and see what the community thinks. History: I've recently installed a new Exchange 2003 server in the org, and have migrated all user mailboxes to the new server. In addition to moving the mailboxes, I've also redirected OWA and OMA traffic to the new server as well. The Issue: When OWA was located on the old server, users were not required to prefix their login name with <domain name>\<username> and on the new server they are required to. What I've Tried: -Setting the default domain to &q...