registry cannot load

I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp.  Registry doesn't load.
Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting
message.
It began at shut down I think.

Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading
the hives.  It seemed stuck and I shut off the power.
Next day the System wouldn't load.

I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files.  They
don't work.

I can get command console.
I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end
it says it couldn't update the registry files.

I can see all the files when I install the drive as a slave on another
pc with same system.

Is there any way to repair install the slave using the good pc?

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped

On May 30, 8:59=A0pm, ripped <ripped.4bs...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp. =A0Registry doesn't load.
> Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting
> message.
> It began at shut down I think.
>
> Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading
> the hives. =A0It seemed stuck and I shut off the power.
> Next day the System wouldn't load.
>
> I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files. =A0They
> don't work.
>
> I can get command console.
> I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end
> it says it couldn't update the registry files.
>
> I can see all the files when I install the drive as a slave on another
> pc with same system.
>
> Is there any way to repair install the slave using the good pc?
>
> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.ht=
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

What is the error message you see?

Was the issue preceded by a power interruption, aborted restart, or
improper shutdown?

These can cause corruption in the file system which must be fixed
before you do anything else.

If any of those events have occurred (or even if they have not
occurred), you should verify the integrity of your file system before
doing anything else (especially "trying" things).

Use the XP Recovery Console to verify the file system on your HDD and
correct any problems and then try to boot your system - this may be
all you need to do.  Or, you are welcome to just start trying things
that might work.

Boot into the Windows Recovery Console using a bootable XP
installation CD, or create on a bootable XP Recovery Console CD.

This is not the same as any recovery disks that might have come a
store bought system.  If you are not sure what kind of bootable CD you
have, make a bootable XP Recovery Console CD and  be sure.

You can create a bootable XP Recovery Console CD when no XP media is
available by following the directions in this link:

For each of your hard disk partitions, you should then run:

chkdsk /r

For example, from the Recovery Console prompt, enter:

chkdsk c: /r

Let chkdsk finish and correct any problems it might find.  It may take
a long time to complete or appear to be 'stuck'.  Be patient.  If the
HDD light is still flashing, it is doing something.  Keep an eye on
the percentage amount to be sure it is still making progress.  It may
even appear to go backwards sometimes.

Remove the CD and type 'exit' to leave the RC and restart the
computer.
0
Jose
5/31/2010 2:41:17 AM
How to Recover from a corrupted Registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q307545
--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ripped" <ripped.4bszha@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp.  Registry doesn't load.
> Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting
> message.
> It began at shut down I think.
>
> Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading
> the hives.  It seemed stuck and I shut off the power.
> Next day the System wouldn't load.
>
> I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files.  They
> don't work.
>
> I can get command console.
> I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end
> it says it couldn't update the registry files.
>
> I can see all the files when I install the drive as a slave on another
> pc with same system.
>
> Is there any way to repair install the slave using the good pc?
>

> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Peter
5/31/2010 4:40:31 AM
I did run the chkdsk /r and it was fine.
A couple times.
I saved the five files in a separate folder.
The repair folder seems to be updating when I try things so it's not
much use.
I tried loading and unloading each of those original hive files while
the drive was in another windows pc.  They go through that procedure
fine.

The system is HP with the recovery partition.  I think original OS was
SP1  but I'm not sure.  But of course no install disks.

When it starts now, after trying to restore, it tries to start windows
that says 1995-2001?.
It was after that attemped restore(s) that it said it could not update
the registry.

At one point I tried the BOOTCFG /rebuild
Fixboot

At this point there is no error message on boot up, it just sits at the
first blue screen with the windows logo.

Also, is it different to run the recovery console from a CD than from
the hard drive?  I can boot into that right from the hard drive.

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
5/31/2010 11:55:57 AM
you might try booting up
the diagnostic boot menu
and see if you can use the
option

"last known good configuration"

or

boot into safe mode and
initiate a restore point.

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

"ripped" <ripped.4bszha@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp.  Registry doesn't load.
> Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting
> message.
> It began at shut down I think.
>
> Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading
> the hives.  It seemed stuck and I shut off the power.
> Next day the System wouldn't load.
>
> I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files.  They
> don't work.
>
> I can get command console.
> I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end
> it says it couldn't update the registry files.
>
> I can see all the files when I install the drive as a slave on another
> pc with same system.
>
> Is there any way to repair install the slave using the good pc?
>

> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Db
5/31/2010 4:14:24 PM
Thanks.
I can't load any safe modes.
Last config doesn't work either.

Do you know if it's possible to go back further than last config?

Because when I look at that file, there are numerous versions that are
numbered and they go back in time of creation.

What's in them?

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
5/31/2010 5:07:16 PM
Your Registry is corrupt and obviously the OS will not start. Did you follow and do
as the instruction say's in the MS KB  I supplied to you

--

"ripped" <ripped.4bu7xb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks.
> I can't load any safe modes.
> Last config doesn't work either.
>
> Do you know if it's possible to go back further than last config?
>
> Because when I look at that file, there are numerous versions that are
> numbered and they go back in time of creation.
>
> What's in them?
>

> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Peter
5/31/2010 8:05:00 PM
if you can;' boot in
either normal mode or
safe mode,

then you have the option
to boot with an xp cd.

with it you can launch
the recovery console and
run some commands at
the disk prompt.

let us know if you can
launch the recovery
console.

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

"ripped" <ripped.4bu7xb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks.
> I can't load any safe modes.
> Last config doesn't work either.
>
> Do you know if it's possible to go back further than last config?
>
> Because when I look at that file, there are numerous versions that are
> numbered and they go back in time of creation.
>
> What's in them?
>

> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Db
5/31/2010 8:11:11 PM
I can get Recovery console.

I did attempt the procedures in the microsoft page.
part one went ok.
part two assumes I can start windows.
I put the drive in another pc and looked at the system volume
information folder and found nothing

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
5/31/2010 9:28:39 PM
what you can try at
the disk prompt via
the recovery console
is to run the following
commands>:

chkdsk /r
fixboot

then exit, remove cd
and see if you can
boot again.

if you still cannot
boot,

--

"ripped" <ripped.4buj1b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I can get Recovery console.
>
> I did attempt the procedures in the microsoft page.
> part one went ok.
> part two assumes I can start windows.
> I put the drive in another pc and looked at the system volume
> information folder and found nothing
>

> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Db
6/1/2010 3:41:03 PM
Db;4965697 Wrote:
> what you can try at
> the disk prompt via
> the recovery console
> is to run the following
> commands>:
>
> chkdsk /r
> fixboot
>
> then exit, remove cd
> and see if you can
> boot again.
>
> if you still cannot
> boot

Yes. Tried that. No joy.

Does anyone know how to get a new registry hive or boot up through a
master/slave configuration?

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
6/2/2010 1:33:47 AM
On Jun 1, 9:33=A0pm, ripped <ripped.4bw...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Db;4965697 Wrote:
>
> > what you can try at
> > the disk prompt via
> > the recovery console
> > is to run the following
> > commands>:
>
> > chkdsk /r
> > fixboot
>
> > then exit, remove cd
> > and see if you can
> > boot again.
>
> > if you still cannot
> > boot
>
> Yes. Tried that. No joy.
>
> Does anyone know how to get a new registry hive or boot up through a
> master/slave configuration?
>
> --
> ripped
> ripped's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.ht=
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

IIf I were you, I would:

Put the drive back in the machine where it belongs (it needs to work
there - not in some other machine).

There is no part of KB307545 that says put the drive in another
machine and look at the System Volume Information folder - you do all
of KB307545 on the afflicted machine.  You are not following the
article if you moved the drive to another machine.

Some of the things you are trying to do will not work like you might
think and they are not supposed to work like you might think/hope.

Make the Recovery Console CD like I suggested before so there is no
question about are you using the right tools

Do not boot the HP recovery partition.

Do not move the drive to another machine.

Boot on the Recovery Console CD you just made and run chkdsk /r until
it runs clean.

Since you have already futzed around with KB307545 there is no telling
what state things are in now.

KB307545 is written assuming you are running the XP Recovery Console
and have not moved the drive - not something else.

I have never used KB307545 to resolve the issue you describe, but it
really does work just fine if you follow the directions exactly  But
it is not the first thing to do when you have the issue you
describe.

It is the first thing that will be suggested to you (not by me)
because when you perform a Google search, that is the link that comes
up for your symptom.

The first thing to do is boot Recovery Console and run chkdsk /r.  The
article assumes your registry really is corrupt and chances are good
(or they were) that is not the problem at all in spite of what the
message says.

Since you started with KB307545, you might as well finish it up now -
start over at step one using the XP Recovery Console you made, run
chkdsk /r and then implement the KB307545.

After you did part one, what happens in part two?  There is no step in
the process that says move the drive to another machine and look in
the SVI folder.

This is what sometimes happens when you just start trying things...

I think you can get it going if you stop trying things and start doing
things.
0
Jose

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
6/2/2010 1:19:49 PM
I ran a virus scan which claimed that pagefile.sys was infected and
deleted.
Now I have the repeating boot problem lsass doesn't like a password.
Tried the restore again just in case, still doesn't work.

Also now, Recovery Console says the admin password is wrong when I pick
that windows installation.

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped
6/3/2010 5:11:23 PM
I tried to run the restore cd's that were supposed to put it back to
original state.  But they say they can't update the registry.
If I did a destructive restore, how do I get all my programs back that
have been installed in the last 7 years?  And all their updates?
Reinstalling windows destroys everything else.

--
ripped
ripped's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226683.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1342267.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
ripped

down load mircosoft publisher 2003
I have microsoft publisher 2000 and would like to up-grade it to microsoft publisher 2003. Here is one place you can download Microsoft Publisher 2003 for a price. I don't know if this is legit or not but something to look into. http://www.bizrate.com/computers_software/search__keyword--microsoft+publisher+2003__lp--1__sfsk--1.html Bottom of the page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:311016B4-4D98-4916-BE91-9D32DD18E8B4@microsoft.com... >I have microsoft publisher 2000 and would like to up-grade it to mi...

Mixed DLL Loading Problem.
Hi, Forgive me if this has been all hashed out somewhere. I am using Visual Studio 2003. I am using the book "Programming Microsoft DirectShow for Digital Video and Television". I have used Chapter 10 to learn enough to write a DirectShow Transform Filter COM DLL. That part worked OK. Then I wanted to add an IID_ interface. I needed a static variable in the DLL to hold a value that I want to pass in through the IID_ interface. That's when I discovered the linker error caused by MSIL whacko stuff apparently introduced in the first .NET compiler... :-) (LNK4210 &#...

Registry Security Issue
Client has locked down users. The normal users cannot get into SO. They are getting this message "Your Windows account does not allow you to write to the registry" What minimum rights must I give them? All Admin users can run RMS just fine. Rich, This is a common problem. RMS was built a number of years ago before the security push. Most of the information is stored in the registry, so the user needs to be able to read and write to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations key. Its easier just to give them full access to this key instead of try...

How to load page with specific date?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load page with specific date? For example, https://fx2.oanda.com/user/interestrate.html, I need to manually input date, which starting from 1/1/1970 to today() or 2/2/2010. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load this page into excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I only selected US currency although you could select multiple currencies Sub OANDA() URL = "https://fx2.oanda.com/user/interestrate.html" StartDate = "01/01/1970" EndDate = "02/02/2010" MyCurrency = "US DOLL...

Can you load pre-GP sales history?
When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? We'd like to be able to create life-to-date detailed sales reports for our customers, but in order to do so we'd have to load their purchases prior to our installation of GP. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Sure! Simply import the transactions. "Bud" wrote: > When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical > sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? > ...

registry cannot load
I'm trying to find a way to restore windows xp. Registry doesn't load. Best I can get is the Blue screen with Windows logo but no starting message. It began at shut down I think. Just before that I shut down spybot and saw a message about unloading the hives. It seemed stuck and I shut off the power. Next day the System wouldn't load. I tried saving the 5 config files and using the repair files. They don't work. I can get command console. I tried to restore with HP's non-destructive but when it gets to the end it says it couldn't update the regist...

Error in Loading image file into database using ADO
Hi, I tried a sample code from a website, to store my files in the database. The code perfeclty writes the data into the access file. I can preview the image in the dialog box. But I am not able to do this via the database that has been created. I am using MS Access2000. The format of the data is .bmp, .jpg, .xls. But in the Access file, instead of saving it as a specified format, it says long binary data which couldn't be opened. If i click that i get message stating " Problem occured while MS Access was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX control" How should I overcome...

how do i open Excel program without loading a new worksheet?
Create a shortcut on your desktop (or whereever you want) that looks like: "C:\msoffice\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" /e Rightclick on the desktop select new select shortcut browse for excel.exe (mine was under: C:\msoffice\Office10, yours may not be) And add that space slash e to the end of the command Then use that shortcut to start excel. mElissA wrote: -- Dave Peterson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm Recently, this has been occurring more and more. I'll bet that somewhere, someone, or something (publication - web site), is recommending this type of post....

Registry
Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting the question here. The registry on the computer needs to be cleaned. Most of the errors I am getting are related to registry problems. I am not computer knowledgeable to clean the registry manually. I wonder if someone could suggest a good, reliable and trustworthy registry cleaner software and that would not be too expensive. Thanks! -- Barbara On 07/08/2010 05:09 PM, Barbara wrote: > Unable to find any specific category for a registry question so am posting > the question here. The registr...

Boot-start of system driver(s) failed to load
My event log keeps showing error 7026, The following boot-start or system start driver(s) failed to load ftsata2. Could someone please help me with this? ...

Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center
Registry Fix for MS Money 2006 and MS Money for PocketPC 2006 in Windows Vista with Windows Mobile Device Center For WHATEVER reason, Microsoft dropped support for one of its most useful, albeit free, utilities I have EVER used, and used EVERY SINGLE DAY, ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY, since It has been available: synching Microsoft Money 2006 with my PocketPC. I have purchased EVERY VERSION of Microsoft Money since its inception, and have truly used it to my benefit, and was ECSTATIC when they brought about the ability to synch that great product with my PocketPC by installing the freely downloada...

IE in Registry
Anyone know what IE is listed as in the registry? My IE won't start. I get the hour glass and then it stops. Maybe it needs enabled, huh? "New World Disorder" <nwd@chugga.net> wrote in message news:hoe6dt$lgc$1@news.albasani.net... > Anyone know what IE is listed as in the registry? > > My IE won't start. I get the hour glass and then it stops. Maybe it > needs enabled, huh? > iexplorer.exe is the name of all versions og Internet Explorer. That name is what I would expect to find in the registry. No, I don't believe th...

doing bridal registry
Is there any way that you can do bridal registry in RMS Ver 2.0? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you -- Kay Kay, Unfortunately there is nothing that covers this functionality well right out of the box. If you are looking for a custom solution to this problem I'm positive we could work with you to create a solution that will suit your needs. If you are interstate please give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-22...

registry
Can I query the registry to find out whether an Outlook client (2000, 2002/XP, 2003) has been set up for offline access? thank you Perhaps - but it might be easier to just search the workstation hard drive for a .OST file. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <bob_smithley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132719260...

Money Plus
My main problem: I cannot view my saved reports anymore; the message “Loading” keeps being displayed. I have Money Plus Deluxe – trial version (since 9 June 2008, last week). My Money file was created with earlier versions (since 2003) and lately upgraded from Money 2007. I tried repairing the file, all possibilities including removing all bills. Nothing changed, the problem remains. The log file gave: “No broken records in the original file”. In addition, on the front page, spending by category and Cash flow forecast hangs as well in most of the cases (surprisingly, it works from time ...

Hi I have this problem where every time Itry to log in to my account via Outlook Windows Access I get a message saying: loading... and it stays there and the contents of my inbox do NOT load, this is happening on OUTLOOK 2000 from a Windows XP OS on a Dell laptop.. any ideas? suggesstions? ...

Ini File vs Registry
Could someone offer me an opinion on whether or not storing application specific information in an INI file rather that the registry could be considered an "approved" technique. Everything I have read suggests that information should be stored in the registry. In my case I have a bunch of User customizable reports, and I save the customization qualifiers in an ININ file, rather than the registry, since the volume of information seems a bit large (IMHO) to keep in the registry. I am just fishing for some advice here. Thanks, IMHO, INI files should be deprecated... I would us...

Microsoft Excel 2007 only cannot load
hi can anybody find a solution for the problem. I use office excel 2007 for 3 month without any problem. But now i cannot load excel 2007 ONLY. Other office software is loading correctly. When i load excel 2007, a window appear with the following information: Microsft office excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The information you were working on might be lost. Microsft office excel can try to recover it for you. Recover my work and restart Microsft office excel. When i click on D'nt send, the error windows close and reappear. So pr...

When I click on new mail outlook failed to load resources from fil
Every day I have run Fix and repair before I open up new email or the outllook will shut down! Outllook will work find rest of day but the next day I will have to run fix and repair again! If I don`t run fix and repair every morning when I open new mail outlook will display an era message failed to load or find resources from resource file! It will tell me to check resources! ...

MSOE.DLL could not be loaded
I was deleating some programs and files and must have deleted a file or program with MSOE.DLL and now my Outlook will not open due to the missing file. How do I get this back? go to control panel, add/remove progams. Then click on Microsoft Office (or Outlook, if thats all you loaded) and click repair. You will need original CD Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

registry question: shellnoroam\muicache
Trying to get some old W95 software (ActiveMovie) to show up in a context menu, the "Open with ..." dialog. Typically when it's installed an entry titled "ActiveMovie Control" will show up in the menu. At least it did until now. I wonder if installing AFTER SP3 has anything to do with it (just did a fresh install). Anyway, ActiveMovie Control does show in ShellNoRoam\MUIcache but never appears in the Open with ... selections. BTW, amovie does work (it plays MP3's AVI's etc) but I had to manually set it up. So why doesn't Amovie show in the ...

the Windows registry
It seems that some strategies of writing code using PowerShell involve manipulating the Windows registry (and PowerShell makes that so easy!). What I'm wondering is how portable these scripts will be across versions of Windows OS. I have one person's opinion by email that the history is that the newer OS revisions preserve the existing registry structure, and then extend it. So, there would seem to be a need to write scripts that interrogate the Windows version to learn what registry structure to expect to find. Am I thinking right about that? I was hoping that the...

Registry Entry in Italics
What does a registry entry that is in italics mean? Why can't I delete the entry? Money 2003 Thanks Is it an epay? Do you get an error when you try to delete it? "Mark" <mark.cowin@comcast.net> wrote in message news:004b01c36dd6$59613e80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What does a registry entry that is in italics mean? > Why can't I delete the entry? > > Money 2003 > > Thanks Yes, it is an Epay. No error when I try to delete, it just will does not delete. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Is it an epay? Do you get an error when you try to d...

Addressbook registry change
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C595D9.2B4D8670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I am trying to make a registry change which I have been advised to do = via this Newsgroup. I want to share my Outlook address book with OE. = The change is ---- There's a registry hack that may allow it. With both Outlook and = Outlook=20 Express closed, click Start>Run. Enter "regedit" in the OPen field and=20 click OK. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\...

registry?
Hello, How to set application to demo/full versions?? like my app shpuld be restricted to run only or 1 month then it should give message to the user that "trial has expired" any ideas or sample code? Thanks, Arvind www.erivasystems.com I would go for a commercial library to do this. There are several. We used one from Macrovision. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Arvind" <arvinds@erivasystems.com> wrote in message news:eUrUZS8wEHA.1988@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How to set application to demo/full versions?? > > lik...