Realtek sound manager works but no other sound device will work

After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems

The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound during
tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info says
no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel
D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working I
tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all
the troubleshooting no help.

Blaine wrote:
> After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound
> problems
>
> The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get
> sound during tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio
> devices icon info says no audio device installed. I have downloaded
> and installed all the Intel D925xcv on board drivers, device
> manager shows all sound devices working I tried uninstalling
> reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all the
> troubleshooting no help.

Is the default playback device set correctly?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
1/11/2010 2:53:35 PM
On Jan 11, 5:54=A0am, Blaine <Bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems
>
> The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound dur=
ing
> tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info s=
ays
> no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel
> D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working =
> tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through=
 all
> the troubleshooting no help.

Remove the Realtek drivers drivers from Add/Remove Programs and then
re-install these.  The Realtek sound affects manager is not the audio
driver but the audio driver is a separate part of the Realtek system.
0
smlunatick

SetWindowLong not working properly
Hi, I'm trying to add a MinimizeBox at the toolbarwindow of a PropertySheet Wizard, in the first properypage's dialog callback routine (WM_INITDIALOG), using GetWindowLong and SetWindowLog API funct. The result is, the minimizebox shows up as expected, but it's not working, clicking on it produce nothing. I'm using Visual C++(6). Any Ideas? Thanks, ____________________________________________________________________________ ___ Answered in microsoft.public.vc.language -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ t...

Power Manager under Windows CE 6.00
Hi all, I have a question about the power manager settings under Windows CE 6.00 On my BSP, I have 2 serial ports. I have added power management support on the serial port driver. In the registry, I have put following settings: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\COM1] "DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0 "IoBase"=dword:1000C000 ;UART3 Memory Map Address "IoLen"=dword:D4 "Prefix"="COM" "Dll"="mx27_serial.Dll" "Order"=dword:1 "Priority"=dword:0 "Index"=dword:1 ...

Make Excel opnening CSV files work properly again.
By company standard, I'm using an US edition of Windows XP pro. (sp2 all patches installed.) and Office 2003 SP1, again us edition. I work in holland so I would prefer using the dutch regional settings in my control panel. What frustates me: When I'm using US Regional settings in control panel, changing list seperator actually works and influences the way Excel opens CVS files. When i'm Dutch regional settings, changing the list seperator char does not influence the way Excel opnens CVS files, in effect we can't work with csv files at all. Please correct this as soon a...

Microsoft Office Notifications Does Not Produce Alert Sound
In Office 2004 I no longer receive the alert sound when saving a file,e.g., Word or Excel. It worked fine in Office X. The Microsoft Office Notifications is set to On for both Office Notifications and Sounds. I tired toggling it Off and then On but it didn't help. Any ideas? <irwin@mortman.com> wrote in message news:1149179347.615476.105060@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > In Office 2004 I no longer receive the alert sound when saving a > file,e.g., Word or Excel. It worked fine in Office X. > > The Microsoft Office Notifications is set to On for both Office > N...

Lost Sound in Money 2006
MS Money 2006 will no longer play sounds. Money is no longer listed in the Sounds and Audio Property list where you can select sounds to play. How do I get Money sound back. The files can be seen in C:\....MNYCoreFiles.. Thanks. Ozark wrote: > MS Money 2006 will no longer play sounds. Money is no longer listed in > the Sounds and Audio Property list where you can select sounds to play. > How do I get Money sound back. The files can be seen in > C:\....MNYCoreFiles.. > Thanks. P. S. Reinstall did not fix the problem. Ozark wrote: > MS Money 2006 will no longer ...

formula not working #3
I'm not sure why this isn't working ... please help. A B 0.999 1 0.799 2 0.699 3 0.599 4 0.499 5 0.399 6 0.299 7 0.199 8 0.99 9 I just need to lookup a value in ,say, C1 and compare to colA and return a value in colB. Using: =IF(M41=0,10,IF(M41>1,0,VLOOKUP(M41,$C$60:$D$68,2))) yields #N/A for any value not 0 or >1. What gives? You did not include a 4th argument in your VLOOKUP call. That means that the table has to be sorted ascending. Bit it isn't. Sort your table or use FALSE as 4th argument (which is probably what you require). Make sure the underlying ...

sound shift
I'm using WMP version 11.0.5721.5268 under Windows XP version 2002 SP3. I just bought a TV ( Philips ) which is DLNA compatible. I managed to connect it to my local network and this is great. I can watch my movies, stored on my PC, on the television. Problem: the sound is not in sync with the images on the screen. The sound seems to be ahead of the video of about 1 second. This seems to happen whatever the file size, whatever the file format,... Do not know what to do. Can somebody help ? -- Roberto On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:45:01 -0800, *_Roberto_* <Roberto@discussions.micro...

Bad EMail folder
When an e.mail with an NDR can not be delivered, it goes into "Badmail Purgatory" which is a folder on the Exchange server. We are running Exchange 2003, and accumlate literally millions of these messages in the folder. This, of course, plays havoc with backups and disk space if left unchecked. If there are some innovative ways of managing this folder either within Exchange, or through a delete script I would be glad to hear of them. Create a batch file that deletes the contents of the badmail folder, and use task scheduler to run it daily. del <full path to badmail incl. ...

GP Requisition Management for Restuarent Business
I am in a resturarent business with 3 locations. Each store managers order for their supplies, what is best way to place an order without having GP in each store. The home office processes the orders. The 3 locations are link to the home office. The way Requisition Management works is this: 1. Manager creates requisition for items to be ordered. 2. Requisition is approved, perhaps by the purchasing person. 3. Requisition is turned into a purchase order. Does this workflow fit your business? Another option is to use a terminal server for the store managers to create purchase orders i...

Using Integration Manager for Purchase Orders
It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance. I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains using Integration Manager and XML files. I've setup the XML Source Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only see SQL Opt 8.0 - Purchase Order. The way I understand it, this is writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great Plains business logic. Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters? Perhaps it&...

Totaling Hours Worked
I have one column that has my start time (6:30 AM) and one column that has my end time (3:30 PM). How do I make the third column total the hours I worked (9.00)? Thanks for any help. Debra Ann (EndTime - StartTime)* 24 To Excel, a day = 1 and an hour = 1/24 so, to convert an hour value "up" to an integer, multiply by 24. Hope this helps, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Debra Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022801c3d6d5$39f8a340$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have one column that has my start time ...

Price updates not working
Hello all: I cannot get price updating to work for my Portfolio on MSN MoneyCentral today. I use this portfolio every day and have never seen this before unless the market is down or it is a weekend (when, of course, the market is not open). I know the market is open today , but I am getting no updates on the Dow Industrials or S&P index either. I don't see any messages on this subject in this newsgroup or others I have checked, so I am beginning to suspect it is something wrong with my specific computer. I have rebooted and checked other things but this does not help. Are any of y...

Entourage Sound Sets-No Sound

Can Excel Work like Access
My Question is....Can Excel Work Like Access I need two people to be able to enter data into the same workbook a one time. I do not want to deal with the hassle of access and the fac that i do not have access on one computer, limits my options. thanks for any help you can send my way -- Bostick7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bostick73's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1443 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27221 In essence the answer to your question is Yes. Excel can ...

Possible bug in campaign management, e-mail merge channel
I think I may have noticed a bug when sending E-mail campaigns through CRM 3.0. As I understood i when a account/contact is included in a campaign the "Last Date Included in Campaign" field in the Administration tab should be updated. I've just run an email marketing campaign using E-mail via mail merge and this field is not updated. As a test I then ran a non mail merged campaign activity and the Last Date Included field was updated as expected. I have looked on the forums and knowledge base and not seen reference to this bug, I also can't see a hotfix either. Ha...

The background sound will not play
I the web page I created the background sound will not play when I preview my web page. When I first created the page it played, but now it does not. ...

mailbox manager for single user
Hi, I had setup a mailbox management policy for a single user to purge emails from his deleted folder. However on generating report for test runs, exchange basically runs the policy through all the mailboxes. My LDPA rule is as this (&(mailnickname=david)) I had tried a number of other queries targetting this user, but they don't work. I had 2 other email policy for all users in the recipient policy folder. Anyone can assist me? Thanks Hi David, did you ever get this problem resolved? i'm having the exact same issue, despite any criteria i assign to the policy, it always...

sound
I want to produce a sound or beep when the contents of a cell become a certain value,eg if h5 =10 then beep -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389683 Here's a sample: http://www.geocities.com/smplprgrsrc/files/BeepOnChange.zip "pytelium" <pytelium.1so52b_1122199501.773@excelforum-nospam.com> schreef in bericht news:pytelium.1so52b_1122199501.773@excelforum-...

Money2004 sounds
Hi, Because of some system file corruptions (not money) I had to create a new user account in WinXP(home) and transfer all 'My Documents' files there. Now I find that Money 2004 has forgotten where its sound files are (or so it seems). Is there a way to reset the sounds again without reinstalling Money? Thanks, Jonathan If you want to do it manually, go to Start | Control panel | Sounds and audio devices | Sounds tab and move down to find the Microsoft Money entries and either change them one at a time to the location where you have placed the sounds, or move the sound...

Windows Explorer has stopped working
I keep getting a pop up saying something like "windows explorer has stopped working" and then says "windows explorer is restarting" but nothing ever happens it just keeps popping up! http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=%22windows+explorer+has+stopped+working%22&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us "Joel Honrade" wrote: > I keep getting a pop up saying something like...

Cannot install Business Conatact Manager
I get an error that says it cannot configure the server and the install stops. I am assuming it means SQL server but what would that have to do with a stand alone install? I installed it on my laptop just fine but it does this weird failure on my desktop. Both systems are fresh installs of Win XP PRo with all service packs and updates installed. Any help out there? thnx, doc333@comcast.net Please report the exact error message that you received. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Word stopped working, I saved however most of my work is gone?
I was working on a very imprortant Academic Guide... I typed 10 pages and then a pop up that said to diagnose and stop word... I did... have just gone back into word to finish... only 3 pages exist... I had saved on page 9... how do I find the rest? If you had saved on page 9, the document you saved should be still available. If Word crashed and re-opened invoking the recovery file, that file will be the version that was last saved by the recovery system. I would have thought that it would be at least the vesrion you saved, but conceivably not. If you save the recovered file wi...

Macros -- Why not implement them in Store Operations Manager?
Macros are apparently only intended to work in Store Operations POS. It would make initial data loading and setup much better is they worked in Store Operations Manager. Thanks Kent Smith ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

Q: Modifying annotations & notes for Case Management
We are configuring case management for a client, and the following issues came up: As "Annotations" does not appear in System Customisation and New schema field is not selectable in the Deployment manager I suppose that form is not editable? Is it possible to do any customization through the SDK to this form, like add a new field? Or is it possible to add a new "Document"-form mapped to the Case-form (to be used instead of "Notes")? Ideally, their solution would involve a number of attachments, where each attachment has a status and comment field, latest ...

Sound
I would like to have a sound play on a message I sent to someone. ...