Realtek HD sound problem with XP

Hi,
I have a problem on my PC now which I cannot solve.
I am running XP Pro x64 on my ASrock/AMD rig with Realtek HD 5.1 sound.  All
was working OK, I had just solved how to get the mic working on the front
panel so my old 5.1 speaker system worked fully from the rear 3 sockets.  A
few days later it booted with three error messages for Realtek system
programs that load at startup.  ALCMTR.EXE, RTHDCPL.EXE, and ALCWZRD.EXE.
All have a message 'Failed to initialise properley (0x0000005)'
I have de installed Realtek, re installed the latest copy from their site
etc but I cannot get rid of this error so the Realtek sound manager will not
run.  I cannot find a solution on any other forums and I have mailed Realtek
but so far no reply.
Any ideas greatfully welcome.
Regards,
Dave

0
Squeezy99

     Dave, did you uninstall Realtek from the Device Manager?
"Squeezy99" <david.cunningham@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a problem on my PC now which I cannot solve.
> I am running XP Pro x64 on my ASrock/AMD rig with Realtek HD 5.1 sound.
> All was working OK, I had just solved how to get the mic working on the
> front panel so my old 5.1 speaker system worked fully from the rear 3
> sockets.  A few days later it booted with three error messages for Realtek
> system programs that load at startup.  ALCMTR.EXE, RTHDCPL.EXE, and
> ALCWZRD.EXE. All have a message 'Failed to initialise properley
> (0x0000005)'
> I have de installed Realtek, re installed the latest copy from their site
> etc but I cannot get rid of this error so the Realtek sound manager will
> not run.  I cannot find a solution on any other forums and I have mailed
> Realtek but so far no reply.
> Any ideas greatfully welcome.
> Regards,
> Dave

0
Rich
1/20/2010 8:51:52 PM
Hi,
no, I will uninstall eveything and try again.
Thanks,
Dave
"Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>     Dave, did you uninstall Realtek from the Device Manager?
> "Squeezy99" <david.cunningham@free.fr> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have a problem on my PC now which I cannot solve.
>> I am running XP Pro x64 on my ASrock/AMD rig with Realtek HD 5.1 sound.
>> All was working OK, I had just solved how to get the mic working on the
>> front panel so my old 5.1 speaker system worked fully from the rear 3
>> sockets.  A few days later it booted with three error messages for
>> Realtek system programs that load at startup.  ALCMTR.EXE, RTHDCPL.EXE,
>> and ALCWZRD.EXE. All have a message 'Failed to initialise properley
>> (0x0000005)'
>> I have de installed Realtek, re installed the latest copy from their site
>> etc but I cannot get rid of this error so the Realtek sound manager will
>> not run.  I cannot find a solution on any other forums and I have mailed
>> Realtek but so far no reply.
>> Any ideas greatfully welcome.
>> Regards,
>> Dave

0
Squeezy99
1/21/2010 5:05:07 PM
When I uninstall the realtek drivers the Realtek HD device is automatically
removed from the device manager.  I also uninstalled the Microsoft UAA bus
driver for HDA.  After all this and a re install the same problem exisists.
Thanks,
Dave
> Hi,
> no, I will uninstall eveything and try again.
> Thanks,
> Dave
> "Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>>     Dave, did you uninstall Realtek from the Device Manager?
>> "Squeezy99" <david.cunningham@free.fr> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I have a problem on my PC now which I cannot solve.
>>> I am running XP Pro x64 on my ASrock/AMD rig with Realtek HD 5.1 sound.
>>> All was working OK, I had just solved how to get the mic working on the
>>> front panel so my old 5.1 speaker system worked fully from the rear 3
>>> sockets.  A few days later it booted with three error messages for
>>> Realtek system programs that load at startup.  ALCMTR.EXE, RTHDCPL.EXE,
>>> and ALCWZRD.EXE. All have a message 'Failed to initialise properley
>>> (0x0000005)'
>>> I have de installed Realtek, re installed the latest copy from their
>>> site etc but I cannot get rid of this error so the Realtek sound manager
>>> will not run.  I cannot find a solution on any other forums and I have
>>> mailed Realtek but so far no reply.
>>> Any ideas greatfully welcome.
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

0
Squeezy99

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Problem entering numbers
Hello, I am having an awkward problem, on every sheet I use(Including new ones).. When I enter 100 it changes it to 1. When I enter 1000 it changes it to 10 When I enter 10000 it changes it to 100. I thought it was something to do with iteration in the tools>options menu but I have set both of them to 1 and they are unticked anyway and it shows the same problem. Can anyone help please?!?!? Thanks in advance John -- johncassell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johncassell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

Delete old messages problem
Hi! I have Exchange 2003. I need to delete all messages older than 6 months from mailboxes which dosen't have Last Login time. I know, that I can use recipient policy, but how to query for users without last login time? "Siim" <siimtina@gmail.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2003. I need to delete all messages older than 6 months >from mailboxes which dosen't have Last Login time. > I know, that I can use recipient policy, but how to query for users >without last login time? You'd have to use WMI to do that. Check here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

"#define UNICODE" problem
Hello, My MFC application compiles and runs OK. When I add: #ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif at the begining of STDAFX.H, the compiler goes mad and throws hundreds of error messages. What am I missing? TIA Yoav Ben-Yosef wrote: > Hello, > > My MFC application compiles and runs OK. When I add: > > #ifndef UNICODE > #define UNICODE > #endif > > at the begining of STDAFX.H, the compiler goes mad and throws hundreds of > error messages. What am I missing? > You're missing UNICODE support. You have to write code that works for both UNICODE an...

ex2k7 outlook problem
We upgraded a couple of years ago from exchange 2003. Occasionally and from only a few people we've noticed that when using Outlook 2007 in cached mode in our office they will get a box that pops up that reverts back to the old exchange server address wanting a user name and password. When I go into the settings in Outlook specifically under Connection Outlook anywhere Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP has a check there. When I uncheck the box everything returns to normal and may continue like this for a few days or weeks. This doesn't happen to everyone ...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 server...problems!
Hello all. I have this problem that I'm facing with the rename of a Win2003 and Exchange 2003 server which is a member of a Win2000 AD.After I renamed the server I have the problem with the Exchange System Attendant service which doesn't start.I started the RPC locator service then tried to start the System Attendant service again but with no luck. I've checked out the Domain Controller for DNS resolution and group membership and everything is ok. I run dcdiag and everything is ok again. I'm looking in the posts and on the net in general but I can't find anything that will ...

Bizzare Select single node problem
Hi, I've a simple XML tree that is essentially. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Project> <Version Version="1.001" /> <Platform Name="Platform1"/> <Platform Name="Platform2" /> </Project> Now I have the following code. XmlNode destinationProjectNode = doc1.SelectSingleNode("//Project"); string xPath = string.Format("{Platform}[@Name='Platform1']"); XmlNode destinationXmlNode = destinationProjectNode.SelectSingleNode(xPath); This will retrieve the correct node as you'd expect, however in ce...

Outllok email problem
Hi, I'm not sure if i am in the right place, but i am looking for some help. I am using Office XP, Outlook 2002 with WinXP home edition. Until recently everything was fine but now when i try and click on the "send/recieve" tool bar button, to downlaod my IMAP email, i just get a message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks Yep, that happens when I change from Outlook Express to Outlook as my default client. Just delete the profile (not copy) and then recreate it, all will work fine after that... ...

Problem in doing 2 Givex Gift Cards on same Transaction
We had a customer to uses two Givex Gift Cards on the same transaction in RMS. The RMS will all the cashier to take two cards, but the receipt only show the 1st on the receipt, but it show in POS. Has anyone else encounter this issue before? Ed Ed, My guess would be that the receipt format that you use doesn't allow for printing multiple Givex cards on the same transaction. As I remember, you have to use a special Givex supplied receipt template, contact them for more info. -- Jeff Check Point Software ===================================================== You must be using Ou...

Problem with XmlDocument
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C63C5C.BDB2FE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Before that nothing I want to ask for excuses for my english level. The problem that I have is the following one: I have a file xml with "encoding=3DISO-8859-1" and accents. When in VB.NET, in a Form I write: Dim objxml as new XmlDocument and then when de Forms load: objxml.Load("C\....") The debugger gives me the following error: "A first chance exception of type 'Sy...

Problem sending mail from 5.5 to 2003
Hi we have E2K3 and 5.5 in two different domains. We have configured the ADC and have migrated 1 mailbox from the 5.5 to the E2K3 box, this worked fine. We noticed that the mailbox was still listed in the 5.5 admin program, so we deleted it from there and then opened outlook 2003, thinking that it would be redirected to the mailbox on the new E2K3 server. This was not the case as Outlook was still looking to the 5.5 box. We then manually setup Outlook to the new E2K3 box and opened the mailbox OK. Now we cannot send mail to the 5.5 mailboxes from the E2K3 mailbox and the same from 5.5 t...

Rounding problem #6
I have a series of 16 and 18 digit numbers that I am trying to store and work with. If for example I have the number 1234123412341234 and I leave the field unformatted I get '1.23412E+15' which is fine. If I change the cell formatting to 'number' w/o decimals I get '1234123412341230'. What has happened to my last '4'? Why is it now a cheeky '0'? This seems to happen with all digits after and including the 16th. Any help appreciated. Mark Although Excel can represent very large numbers (up to E309), it can only do so with 15 digit precision, so ...

Problems with a MFC ODBC consumer class on ISAPI server
Hello, I'm trying to read and write to an Access database, using an ISAPI server. In order to do so, I've configured a MFC ODBC consumer class with the following configuration: - "Data Source" on the machine = Access Database (second Property Sheet of "Select Datasource") - "Type" is Dynaset - "Bind all columns" checked. The resulting connection string is the following: ------------ Example 1 ------------ CString CDatabase::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T("DSN=MS Access database;DBQ=C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\data\\database.mdb;DefaultDi...

Problem intermitant
With Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003), i need to see 8 shared calendars. Most of the time it work fine...i can select each of them and view them simultaneously. I can take a look at my mail and get back latter to the calendar and they still selected and appeared with my normal selected view (day/week/month). Unfortunately, some time, when i take a look at my mail and get back to the calendar, i lost my selection and my day/week/month view. This situation happen 2 or 3 times each day...i should then re-select the 8 calendars and change the view. ...

Cell reference formula problem
I have problems finding the correct formula for my Excel problem. My spread sheet is used for statistics for my web shop. In column A I have values representing sales figures for each order. In column B I have a figure representing number of orders during a day. These calculations work. Note that column B consists mostly of blanks. In column C I want to calculate the turnover for all orders that day. Example: Col A Col B Col C Row 3 150 4 1881 Row 4 143 Row 5 593 Row 6 995 Row 7 498 3 1056 Row 8 127 Row 9 ...

Problem Opening Pub 2000 docs
I have Pub 2000 and cannot get it to open a doc that I know was made with the same program that was given to me and that was emailed to me. I have reinstalled the original program twice and have it updated. They are Pub Docs. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have Pub 2000 and cannot get it to open a doc that I > know was made with the same program that was given to me > and that was emailed to me. I have reinstalled the > original program twice and have it updated. They are Pu...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

clip art preview problem
I just downloaded the new microsoft security pack and now my Clip Art function on all of my office programs will not display a preview from the Online Clip Art search program. I know it searches because lots of boxes come up and some of them will insert and show up in my document if I double click them. but I can't spend all of my time inserting them into my document to see if they are the ones I want. A few times the Office Assistant has said that a picture is not available because I do not have the right graphic converter and to press help for more info - that just takes me in ...

Same problem here with Ports not listening from RPCDump ....
I have the same problem David has. Single server setup, https return 402.3 read access denied, RPCDump returns No for IsListening on por 6001, 6002, and 6004. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for th problem. I went through the single server setup article troubleshooting article as well as the deployment guide. But n luck.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401# http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82733 If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate any help ...

Dongle Problems
I have upgraded my hardware to a new computer that runs on Vista. Now my RMS will not recognize the dongle and is running in evaluation mode. Does anyone know if this might be an operating system problem? I am on 1.2 and do not want to upgrade if I can avoid it. I just wanted a faster computer. Thanks! Did you remember to install the Software Security Token (software to recognize the Dongle)? "CBK" wrote: > I have upgraded my hardware to a new computer that runs on Vista. Now my RMS > will not recognize the dongle and is running in evaluation mode. Does anyone &...

Disclaimer problem
After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a MAPI client won't get the message attached. Is there a fix for this other than using a 3rd party software. Thanks in advance. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using >the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using >outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a >MAPI client w...

Exchange 5.5 problem with missing MX
Hi, We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server SP2 and i'm running into a problem. When i try to send mail to a domain that has no MX record the mail will stay in the queue with the message [network error during host resolution]. According to the RFC974 when there's no MX record, the server should try to send to the A record (wich is available by the way). It seems that Exchange 5.5 doesn't do this. Is this a known problem with the Exchange 5.5 IMC? Regards, Barry Barry Vredevoort <barry.vredevoort@artesia.nl> wrote: >We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server...

Outlook 2003 asian filename file attachment problem
Using Outlook 2003 on an XP SP1 box with the multilanguage option selected for the OS. When I create an email message using RTF as the format and attach a file with an asian doublebyte filename, it attaches it into the body of the email and all the doublebyte characters are replaced with question marks (?????.doc). If I change the email format to HTML and attach the same file, it attaches the file to a new field called "Attach.." under the "Subject:" field and the multibyte characters show up just fine. Why don't the characters show up when I use RTF? Is this...

Problems installing the CRM 3.0 Fat Client
We have problems with installing the CRM 3.0 Fat Client. Thin Client and Web Browser are functioning properly. With the fat client there is an error message: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." The following things have we done without sucess: : "If adding the http://crmserver to Trusted Sites does not fix this problem for you - I resolved this same problem on a laptop running Office/Outlook 2003 SP-2. In Outlook, go to Tools, Options, ...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 connection problem.
I successfully installed CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 on my laptop with Office 2003. I can connect to the database and see the contact and lead names in the Outlook browser window but when I try to open up a record, I receive an error stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The Event Viewer has the following application error MSCRM Application Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the cu...