Thank you  for the information.

--------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Dilly

Dilly Dally wrote:
> Thank you  for the information.

Did you post a whole new conversation to 'reply' to one you started?

It certainly looks like it right now:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/1cff3f90816a82a9/

That is your original posting - as archived.  As of right now (could be I
need to wait for it to synchronize this new posting of yours) it looks like
this response thread is not part of the original.

How (in what way) are you posting to the newsgroups/forums?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

FW: Install the corrective patch which comes from the Microsoft
--zxwzjaqijrjcpu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jxpilpasyedxrkci"; type="multipart/alternative" --jxpilpasyedxrkci Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kkiddyfi" --kkiddyfi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from the...

Windows installer and clip organizer
I just installed microsoft office 2007 standard and whenever I open clip organizer, then windows installer also opens. I am not able to cancel windows installer and i am not able to do anything with clip organizer. I have tryed reinstalling it but nothing i have done has worked. Any suggestions? thanks. The Organizer has its own detect and repair. Are you allowing the Organizer to connect to the Office site? What are your firewall settings? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dabears" <dabears@discussio...

Re: No dropdown arrow
An update: I can put this code in any other worksheet and create data validation and the dropdown arrow appears. However, it has NO EFFECT on the problem sheet; no dropdown arrow appears, even though an incorrect entry returns the standard error message. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Range("D6").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _ xlBetween, Formula1:="1,2,3" .IgnoreBlank = True .InCellDropdown = True .ShowInput = True .ShowError = True ...

Installing Service Pack 3 on top if IE7
After doing all the critical updates I'm ready to install SP3. I've already installed IE7, and I know that if I install SP3 on top of IE7, IE7 will become non-removable. Since IE6 is obsolete and IE7 seems to work OK, is there any good reason to uninstall IE7, install SP3 and then reinstall IE7? That is, is there any reason SP3 should be installed befoe IE7 other than the latter's non-removability? Bobbi No... IE8 has been out for awhile and it is better than 6 or 7 Do SP3 and then IE8 peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappro...

Windows XP shutdown
I was wondering why everytime I shut my version of windowsXP down it claims there are multiple outlook.exe's running. Even though Outlook is not running. Last time I counted nine times I had to hit "End Process Now" for outlook.exe Annoying at the least. Tanks in advance =====/ \ /___________\ /_________________\ (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) David ...

How can I enumerate all installed frameworks ...
.... programatically using C#? Thanks. AA2e72E wrote: > .... programatically using C#? There's nothing in .NET that does this. AFAIK, you have to look at the registry and what's actually installed on the disk. On Jun 3, 9:25=A0am, Peter Duniho <NpOeStPe...@NnOwSlPiAnMk.com> wrote: > AA2e72E wrote: > > .... programatically using C#? > > There's nothing in .NET that does this. =A0AFAIK, you have to look at the > registry and what's actually installed on the disk. There's a fairly good chunk of code that does that here: http:...

re: compare outlook vs outlook express
what is the difference between outlook and outlook express? And which would I choose? Also I need to move personal folders of saved information from an old computer to a new computer from outlook express how would I do this? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, theresa asked: | what is the difference b...

Remote session from Win 7 to XP?!?
Hi Folks, I have here Windows 7 (Business Edition) and XP SP3 (Professional) machines. Both system have PowerShell 2.0 installed and stay in the same Domain. On W7 it runs the build 7600 on the XP runs the build 6002. It's no problem to start a remote session from XP to W7 and from XP to XP but if I try to start a remote session from W 7 to XP the remote server always reject the connection. Any idea about this problem? THX Andre Also the remote sessions don't work between W7 machines.... "Andre" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have here Windo...

Install Windows
I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have damaged the Win 7 DVD. Any help would be highly appreciated. farid said this on 3/14/2010 4:03 AM: > I have a 160 GB hard disk and want to upgrade to 500 GB. I have Win XP SP 3 > and Win 7 Ultimate n installed in the 160 GB disk. Is it possible to somehow > clone or copy the OSEs to the new disk without using the media. I have > damaged the Win...

Windows XP reverts from the classic windows display mode.
I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue style. I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button selection option but it refuses to go back! Please help, Frank In article <O6255dyjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, fm@general.com.au says... > > I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has > changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue > style. > > I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button > selection option but it refuses to go...

Installation of 2007 Money Plus Deluxe
I am attempting to install 2007 Money Plus Deluxe. I am currently using 2001 Money Deluxe. Install CD tries to run but then gives the "Money Installation Program has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." screen. Any suggestions? Sell Money Plus Deluxe and stick with the 2001 version you have got - it is better. teabag "RQ" <RQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:789AFAA8-4EA0-4A39-87EA-3F51DB587B40@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to install 2007 Money Plus Deluxe. I am currently using >2001 ...

MOIBF for Microsoft CRM, client install error 28001
I've not been able to get the client installer to work. The reported error (on installation) is 28001. Setup is unable to retreive the URL for the smart tag refresh from the information bridge metadata service ...

Office Ultimate 2007 installation problem.
I bought Office Ultimate 2007 on the Microsoft site and downloaded it. (It was with student discount. I am not sure whether I am eligible to tech support). My computer has Windows XP. Has 2GB of RAM memory and 2.8 GHz speed. After downloading application from Microsoft site I attempted to install it. Installation got stuck on the "Error 1309 - Error reading from file e:\sku011.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Setup failed. Rolling back changes" E:\ is on my computer DVD drive and I was installing it from a file so it should not look ...

malicious software removel tool will not install on domain pcs
Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will not install on domain pcs... It just sits in the "updates in Progress" section of the SBS console, and never gets deployed. Is there something that might be preventing its deployment? Is there any way it communicates the difficulties? Recognizing this was in the wrong group, I reposted at microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services "jrl" wrote: > Under SBS 2008 sp2, the malicious software removel tool x64 (KB890830) will > not install on domain pcs... > It just si...

11 won't install on xp pro 64
I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows Media Player 11. Am I really able to install Windows Media Player 11? If so how can I install it? You should be able to install WMP 11 on that version of Windows. Try downloading WMP 11 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c6a4cecb-9cb2-42f7-8814-7cb5067ee958&displaylang=en Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Yami15 wrote: > I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows > Media Player 11. Am I really able to install ...

Can we install Rollup 2 for CRM 1.2 Build v1.2.3297.0
Hi, We have a pending upgrade from version 1.2 to v3.0 I was thinking of istalling the rollup for ver 1.2 before upgrading to version 3.0. The current build of the server is v1.2.3297.0 The link below suggests that the build #for rollup 2 1.02.3297.173 Has any body come up with issues when installing the rollup on the 1.2 server (build is 1.2.3297.0) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=904435# Or is it better to try and directly upgrade to 3.0 rather than putting the roll up and then doing the upgrade? Suggestions Please.... If you are going to upgrade, then I would just ...

Remove Chart Canvas or make transparent in Excel 07 on XP
Is there a way to remove the chart canvas or make it transparent? I have a chart that needs to fill the page and have a footer. I can stretch it to fill the page, but the canvas then obscures the footer. Is there a fit to page feature? That still may not work, but I also need to know and try that. When managers are used to seeing product in a certain way, they don't like to hear that, just because of a new version, you can no longer give them what they want. Nor do they believe it. Thank you. Select the Chart Area (the outermost rectangle which encloses the entire chart), ...

Unable to open money file from other XP accounts
Recently unable to open money file from my wifes XP account. Says file is in use. All other users are logged off. What would be using the file? In microsoft.public.money, TP wrote: >Recently unable to open money file from my wifes XP >account. Says file is in use. All other users are >logged off. What would be using the file? Perhaps IE. Perhaps Money Express. ...

Installing a test copy of RMS
In order to avoid doing damage while I am learning how to support our new system, I wanted to install a copy of RMS on my home office computer. I don't need to run any of the sales functions - only "back office" stuff, mostly reports for now. If I can't do this, it will force me to work before or after regular store hours, a major inconvenience. Since I am not yet a selling dealer, I am sure there is much knowledge I am missing in order to enable me to do this, as when I installed the software at the home office, I was not able to bring up the database. If anyone would be s...

Boot Sector Protection in XP?
I just stumbled on something strange. I was using a tool called "MbrFix" that is capable of writing DOS/Win9x bootsectors to a partition. I was using it to create a FAT32 bootsector to load Win98's DOS rather than NTLDR. At any rate the write wouldn't stick. The write would "take", that is, I could see the changes via a sector editor, but a few seconds later, it reverted back to the previous boot sector. It appears there is some protection code running that is monitoring the boot sectors for various drives and undoes any changes made,...

Installed Adobe now can't see pictures in Publisher
I have recently installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 8. Since doing so I can no longer view pictures in my Publisher 2003 documents. Yes view pictures is selected. Video card passes muster. How do I se the pictures again? This is not a Publisher issue. Are you certain you have the latest driver for your graphics card? Did you try the sliding down the acceleration trick? "Tommy Atkins" wrote: > I have recently installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 8. Since doing so I can > no longer view pictures in my Publisher 2003 documents. Yes view pictures is > selected. Video ca...

MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification
I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification".... I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server) Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams to get this certification... I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply until now... Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many exams did you take??? regards, Antoni...

MS Publisher 2003 problems after installing Acrobat Pro 7.0
After installing Acrobat Pro 7.0, all shapes and pictures are transparent on screen, but print properly, when I try to create (or open anything created by Publisher elsewhere) in MS Publisher 2003. I didn't realize the correlation until I installed Acrobat Pro 7.0 on a second machine and the same symptom began occurring. The acrobat program is closed and I am working in Publisher 2003, not trying to do anything related to a PDF file, only .pub files. This just amazes me. I have Pub 2003 and Acrobat Pro v7 and I have no problems. And my system is 5� yrs old. Have you tried adjusting...

Re: Percentage of a number formula
Hello, I would like help with producing a SQL statement in Access that will take a number and divide it by another and multiple it by 100 to get a percent amount. I would like to do this in a query. For instance, I have created a query that give me the TOP 10 Institutions where the most people attend. Therefore, I know how many people are attending each Institution. Now, I want to know what percentage of that number makes up the total count for all students in all institutions. Can you please help me with this forumla? Thank you. TL In addition, I would like to know how do you make i...

How do I upgrade from outlook express to outlook in windows xp?
I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I would rather have outlook? I did this on my other computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't remember how I did it. Please help!!! Nibal wrote: > I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I > would rather have outlook? I did this on my other > computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't > remember how I did it. Please help!!! You don't remember how you did it...?! Now this is a long shot but, maybe, just maybe, you *bought and installed it*? Crazy notion, I know.....