ps2 KeyBoard Port is not working

Hi,

My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i
think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not
working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i
could install my windows using boot mode.
0
Adnan

If your BIOS is configured to recognize legacy USB devices, you may be able to
boot up with the USB keyboard. Have you tried it?

"Adnan" <adnankmk@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i
> think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not
> working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i
> could install my windows using boot mode.

0
David
3/6/2010 10:56:28 AM
On Mar 6, 3:56=A0pm, "David Webb" <dwebb...@earthling.net> wrote:
> If your BIOS is configured to recognize legacy USB devices, you may be ab=
le to
> boot up with the USB keyboard. Have you tried it?
>
> "Adnan" <adnan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i
> > think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not
> > working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i
> > could install my windows using boot mode.

My BIOS did not support USB. When I enters in bios setting my keyboard
stop working. is there any other way to install windows.
0
Adnan
3/9/2010 5:36:41 AM
Adnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My PS2 Keyboard port is not working.  I have checked it all, but I
> think it is damaged.  I have usb keyboard but Windows is not
> working.  I want to install Windows.  How I should do this?  How I
> could install Windows using boot mode?

Try a serial port keyboard.. hopefully they're still available.  or a
"USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter".

--
Joe   =o)
0

> On Mar 6, 3:56 pm, "David Webb" <dwebb...@earthling.net> wrote:
>> If your BIOS is configured to recognize legacy USB devices, you may be able
>> boot up with the USB keyboard. Have you tried it?
>>
>> "Adnan" <adnan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i
>> > think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not
>> > working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i
>> > could install my windows using boot mode.
>
> My BIOS did not support USB. When I enters in bios setting my keyboard
> stop working. is there any other way to install windows.

Your real question is, "How can I install Windows without a keyboard?".

Sorry, but I don't know of any other way. Even if you found a workaround method,
how would you interface with the system?

I think it's time for at least a replacement motherboard, or at most a whole new
PC system.

0
David
3/9/2010 1:33:22 PM
"Adnan" <adnankmk@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i
> think it it damaged.

"checked it all" isn't very specific. Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Has
this keyboard and PC been used together before. I worked on a computer who's
port wouldn't allow one of my keyboard's pins to make contact. Another
keyboard with just noticably longer pins(in relation to the shield) worked.
Looking for other mechanical problem is worth a shot. Assuming the M/B isn't
nearing being worthless, soldering the keyboard to it would be a less than
perfect but workable "fix". Good Luck

DPM Newsgroup will stop working from June 30. 06-29-10
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live ID to...

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work
I just set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2007 and have marked several items for deletion. However, when I click Purge, nothing happens. The messages stay where they are and Outlook acts like nothing has been clicked. Ideas? Thanks, Chase Are you trying to purge the current folder or the entire IMAP account? Do you have a filter activated that hides deleted messages? "ccheviron@gmail.com" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148957688.023539.162480@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > I just set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2007 and have marked several > items f...

Alternate recipient doesn't work
We've got a 5.5 enterprise SP4 server. For forwarding e-mail to an external mailbox we've enabled alternate recipient for the user. When we send an e-mail from our internal accounts to the user, the mail is correctly forwarded to the external mailbox. So far so good. However, if an e-mail is send from an external sender to the user, the mail is not forwarded. The mail arrives in the users mailbox but is not forwared to the alternate recipient. intern->intern->extern works extern->intern->extern doesn't work What's is going wrong? Thanks On the IMS, although...

PS2 -> USB ??
Not really an access problem - well it is for me as I'm creating an MICR process to bringing in data into a large DB and don't really want to fail due to lack of hardware in a year or so. I have looked all over (MS, google, etc) and can't find the answer. I have heard that PS2's are being replaced by USB ports and that soon "old style" keyboard wedge interface will not be available on PS2 and that soon everything will be serial interface (serial ascii). I have just got the 1st samle hardware for PS2 and it's basically plug-and-play, but if the ports will...

still not working
what if there is more than one dot such as a.j.michael a.john a.b.c.john i need to remove the intial so i got this resutl michael john joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 05:54:48 -0500, jad <<jad.14ca1a@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >what if there is more than one dot >such as >a.j.michael >a.john >a.b.c.john > >i need to remove the intial so i got this resutl >michael >john >john > =MID(A1,1+FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","~",LEN(A1) -LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",""...

Disable Keyboard Input
I need to obtain input from a Keyboard Wedge Bar Code scanner into an Access Database. It is real easy, the keyboard wedge puts data into a control/field just like the keyboard. However, theres the rub! We don't want the operator to be able to use the keyboard, JUST the wedge!!! There is nothing unique about the input from the wedge that could allow me to just throw the data away and have them try again. Can anyone think of a way to do it? On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 06:13:02 -0800, tkosel <tkosel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A barcode typically has start and end...

keyboard shortcut in addin macro
How do you assign a keyboard shortcut or a custom button to run a macro which is in an addin. These macros dont appear on the macro list Thanks -- Patrick Hi have a look at the OnKey method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FBEB937C-C3FC-47BB-8E8A-EE0BBCB14DFB@microsoft.com... > How do you assign a keyboard shortcut or a custom button to run a macro which > is in an addin. > > These macros dont appear on the macro list > > Thanks > -- > Patrick Patr...

Can't get SMTP-Out connection to Sharepoint 3.0 to work.
I've followed several good documents on how to Mail Enable Folders; but can't get it to work. If this is the wrong group, please point me to the correct place. WSS 3.0 on Windows 2003 Ent. PDC Exchange on Windows 2003 Std. Member Server I have no other email issues. Mail between my Outlook client, Exchange Server and may ISP work without a hitch. I'm trying to mail enable a WSS 3.0 picture library. I followed Steve Smith's MVP, MCT, document on configuring Incoming Email and it worked for a short while. Now, mail sits in the Exchange Que SMTP-To-Sharepoint for 3 tries, then ...

my excel does not work properly, please help !!
hi there, i got all the Microsoft office programs on my laptop. Excel use to work perfectly, till last week or so. when i open it or open an excel program; it opens as if its " INTALLING " excel. it gathers information to install it then it says File could not be found on C:\Program Files\ then it asks me to BROWSE to look for the file. please help me, i need excel to work very soon. aa p.s. i had the office CD back home .. im in another country for couple of months. and you know how much it costs to buy a new 1. help me .... ...

Accent in greek keyboard
If somebody knows the solution to the following pls let us know. The problem is with the greek language. Next to the letter L (in the right side of it) there is the accent symbol of the greek language. You press it, the you press a letter (for example �) and zou got �. The problem is that when i do press it the result is ��� instead of getting �. It is like pressing two times the key intead of one. Any help is more than welcome ...

AutoSummarize not work
I try to access the autosummarize tool box but always I have no dialog box appear. I coudn't do work it . please tell me what shall i do? Are you using Word 2007? It seems as if the feature is no longer supported in that version. Although you can add the AutoSummary Tools command to the Quick Access Toolbar, nothing happens when you click AutoSummary Tools | Auto Summarize. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Moataz" <Moataz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E5455D-1AA0-4B32-AAFB-6F70E67D99B6@microsoft.com...

Rules not working selecting by account
After upgrading office staff from Outlook 2000 (SR1) being the most reliable version ever issued I find that rules along the lines of "Move email which comes via this account" are no longer reliable. Situation is SBS2000 with Exchange 2000 - all SBS Service Packs fitted. Using Outlook 2000 these rules never missed a beat - always sorted emails for user B account into user B folder. Outlook XP (2002) often [say 30% of the time] will fail to move user B emails according to the rule - these all end up in the User A Inbox and so far I can not see any correlation between other ev...

Trying to get this if statment to work
I have excel 2000. I am trying to get this formula to work. It does not give me any errors or anything It just will not return the number in the cell that it references Cell CJ44 has the formula Here is an example of the cells CJ44 formula CL44 has =IF((I44=0),0,INT((I44-10)/2)) (the value in their is 0) CK44 has =IF((H44=0),0,INT((H44-10)/2)) (the value in their is -1) CP44 (the value in their is Y) but I want it to fuction normally if their is nothing (blank) in cell CP44 So this is what I have written, but the value does not return to what I want it to be. =IF(H44=0,CL4...

how to modify standard keyboard shortucts?
Hi, My problem applies to CRM 3.0 Web interface and is as follows: We have an English version of the product installed. However, the users in the Polish office need to be able to use Polish characters. Windows Polish keyboard that everyone uses allows for typing Polish characters using the right Alt e.g. Alt-n is ń or Alt-s is ś. The problem is that on the Account screen Alt-s is a shortcut for Save and therefore the users cannot type ś. Is the any way this shortcut can be changed? Cheers, Marcin ------=_NextPart_0001_28653CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ...

Working with mac addresses
Hello group, Anyone have experience working with mac addresses in Excel 2002 either with VBA or worksheet functions? Here's my problem, I import text and csv files with hundreds of mac addresses in to spreadsheets and run reports on them doing VLOOKUPs and so on. The problem is when a mac starting with 000 and has all numbers in it the first two or three zeros get cut off, ie mac 000123456789 ends up 123456789 after import. Also sometimes Excel will format the mac as scientific notation if the mac ends with zeros, ie mac 000123456700 ends up 1.23E+08. I've tried format...

Keyboard shortcuts
When I am editing a table, I'd like to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to bring up the context menu and then select Insert/Insert rows after. I can't find anything in the extensive Help article about keyboard shortcuts describing how to bring up the context menu, i.e. simulate a right-click, with keyboard shortcuts. Can anyone help me out? -- Rhino Simply assign a keyboard shortcut to TableInsertRowBelow - Alt+R should be unassigned. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Update All (Cntrl A) Does Not Work
For some reason I cannot seem to update fields (eg table / figure numbers) by selecting the whole document using control A, then F9. I can update these fields if I individually hightlight them or even if I select/ highlight a section of the document that contains a field, but not via control A. This used to work, but seems not now. Any ideas? Does Ctrl+A select all of the text in the document? Another way is to use Print Preview (assuming that you have the option to Update fields on print set on). This method will update the fields in the header and footer as well, whi...

Money 2001 Statement download stopped working
Within the past three weeks I have repeatedly attempted to download transactions from my bank (RBC). The program connects with the bank, the download process appears to occur but no new transactions ever show up in either my bank or Visa accounts. This process always worked flawlessly. Is anyone else having this problem? and is there a patch / upgrade or fix that is needed? I'm having the same problem. I use San Diego County Credit Union. I even contacted them thinking their end was broken, and they said it worked just fine. I have Money 2001 which came with my computer....

Send data to serial port
Hi All I want to be able to send small bits of HEX data to the serial port from Excel. I dont have any VB program other than the standard editor in Excel, Acces etc. I have read some posts that refer to MSCOMM32, but from what I understand, it is for use by people with a full VB program. Is there any way to do it? Thanks a lot Andrew Here are a few examples I found through Google: http://www.pencomdesign.com/support/relay_software/vba_software_example.htm http://dev.emcelettronica.com/serial-port-communication-excel-vba http://www.activexperts.com/activcomport/howto...

Newsreader links don't work after replacing antivirus/firewall software
I use Outlook2002 and it uses OE6 as its news reader. Since I installed McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006 8.0, nothing happens when I click a link on a news post. Links work fine when they are within an email. Al Clark On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:47:30 -0700, Al Clark wrote... > >I use Outlook2002 and it uses OE6 as its news reader. Since I installed >McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006 8.0, nothing happens when I click a link >on a news post. Links work fine when they are within an email. > >Al Clark > > I use a different brand but may want to check the port# r...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Keyboard Shortcuts for Newsgroups ?
Is there a list of Keyboard Shortcuts that can be used to move around in a newsgroup ? FDLeyda "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:%23YrP1t47KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a list of Keyboard Shortcuts that can be used to move around in a > newsgroup ? > > FDLeyda "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:#YrP1t47KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a list of Keyboard Shortcuts that can be used to move around in a > newsgroup ? They are essentially the same a...

Factory pressed dvd movies, ps2, psp, xbox, xbox 360 backups for sale !!!
We're offering all the latest factory pressed high quality dvd movies, ps2, psp xbox and xbox 360 silvers with factory printed colour inserts at fantastic prices, whether for personal use or reselling. We're shipping worldwide with various shipping methods. For resellers, please contact us for bulk discounts. For a complete list and prices, please email us at glory@spankthedonkey.com (Please state the type of list that you want and tell us your location as the prices varies for different locations. If you're reseller, please state the quantity you wish to order per shipment and w...

System Restore does not work
For some time now when I use System Restore it goes through the motions, rebooting, etc., but always ends up telling me that it could not restore to the selected point, to choose another one. If I do choose another one, I always get the same result. I am using XP Home SP3. Help would be appreciated. Thank you. -- medwayfire.org In news:7747D9CF-561E-4EF0-A10D-26BE48250F05@microsoft.com =?Utf-8?B?QnVkZHlib3k=?= <Buddyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some time now when I use System Restore it goes through the > motions, rebooting, etc., but always end...

FontConverter doesn't work as expected
Hello! Here I have a piece of code where code marked with 1 and 2 give identical text but code marked with 3 doesn't give the same size of the text. Even if I change code marked with 3 from 12pt to 33pt the same size of text is displayed. Have I missed something here. private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { Graphics g = this.CreateGraphics(); // 1 Font f = new Font("Arial", 12, FontStyle.Bold); // 2 FontFamily ff = new FontFamily("Arial"); // 2 Font f = new Font(ff, 12, FontStyle.Bold); // 3 Fo...