OE express

cannot send out email..I do receive mail. err msg.
says comcast is rejecting my username even though I can sign in?

0
memoofran

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:47:53 -0700, "memoofran" <memoofran@comcast.net>
wrote:

> cannot send out email..I do receive mail. err msg.
> says comcast is rejecting my username even though I can sign in?

You undoubtedly have your smtp server set up wrong in Outlook Express.
Contact Comcast for help in correcting it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
7/2/2010 12:18:33 AM
"memoofran" <memoofran@comcast.net> wrote in message
> cannot send out email..I do receive mail. err msg.
> says comcast is rejecting my username even though I can sign in?

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

0
Bruce
7/2/2010 12:35:10 AM
memoofran wrote:

> cannot send out email..I do receive mail. err msg.
> says comcast is rejecting my username even though I can sign in?

Start here:

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQListViewer.aspx?topic=Internet&folder=e72bebb6-8e08-4377-8211-73c55eb45872

or here:

http://www.comcastsupport.com/redirects/chat/chathelpfp.asp

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
0
VanguardLH

Outlook Express error.
About 2 months ago my computer was hit with the Blaster virus/worm and since then my email stop working. I went to symantec website to download the tool to remove the Balster worm, but everytime i tried to use OE 6.0 it give me this error message: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. (Account:'xxxxxx', SMTP erver: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Error Number: 0x800ccc15). I research on the web, it tells me to uninstall the TCP/Ip stack and reinstall it(ripping???). I am not so computer literate, Can one of you computer guru point me the way on how to d...

quick oe query
hope youre all doing well. had to write a very long letter & had spent over an hour on it, then i hit a button on the keyboard & just like that, it was all gone - not a draft, not sent, not in the out box, just gone - what freaking button am i hitting as this is not the first time! many thanks -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SuperAntiSpyware, BitDefender & C...

oe 6.x
hello, what are the file extensions for oe 6.x mail and for the oe 6.x (?windows?) address book? (friend *lost* the above) thanks in advance dbx and wab Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tanya" ...

outlook express configuration
I have a broadband con fron a local isp. there are 8 computers in the lan. The computer where proxy is installed is only able to access mail using outlook express. In Rest of the system its gives 2 errors for pop and smtp. The Lan is 10mbps. The same pop is being configured from the other floor with same configurations. This is an issue with your proxy configuration not with Outlook. Make sure that it also passes the SMTP and POP3 requests. For further support check the documentation of your proxy server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Na...

Visual Studio 2010 Express can't write Windows Service
Hi everybody! In VS 2010 Express can't add: using System.ServiceProcess; That's mean, microsoft now disable this namespace in MSDN Express? Any idea to override this? Sorry for my English.. Regards, and Happy New Year, Gregory. "Grzegorz" <brak@maila.pl> wrote in message news:hhj71g$mh3$1@news.onet.pl... > In VS 2010 Express can't add: > > using System.ServiceProcess; > > That's mean, microsoft now disable this namespace in MSDN Express? Any > idea to override this? Try adding a Reference in the Project to Syste...

Set up new identity in OE, now OE won't run
I set up a new Id in OE, changed to the new id , created an additional folder, moved mail to new folder, switched back to main Id. OE asked if it must be set as default mail prog, & I clicked YES. It took me back to desktop, and now I can't access OE from anywhere!!? Please help? Sorry Jo-Anne, This is an outlook newsgroup. They may sound the same, but they're totally different products. You need to take this to the Outlook Express newsgroup. ....but, if I may offer a hint, you didn't mention changing your identity on the computer. OE may still think you're the ol...

Outlook rules similar to Express
I my POP3 email account has two alias that correspond to two XP logon accounts. I set up two rules in each XP logon for Outlook express to do the following. In A's account 1) if email is not for A or B delete from server 2) if email is not for A leave on server In B's account 1) if email is not for A or B delete from server 2) if email is not for B leave on server So with one POP3 account that has two alias, I setup two seperate virtual email accounts. Now, how do I do this with Outlook! I need rule actions like "delete from server" and "leave on server". ...

OE
Can't get hyperlinks in e-mail working ...

Outlook Express to Outlook #2
I am currently running Windows ME and the version of Outlook Express that came with this (ancient) system. I would like to know if Outlook 2000 (or any other old version) will run on my ME system. The wife wants to be able to use a spell checker for her notes, but since I don't have any OFFICE products on my system (except Outlook Express), spelling checking is not available for her. I was looking to pick up an old version of Outlook somewhere (ie - not the whole OFFICE package). "Don R. Blea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33d301c3a...

OE 6
I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view saved messages? On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:46:06 -0700, MR ZAG wrote: > I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My > question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view > saved messages? Which has what to do with Windows Live Mail? WLM doesn't use .dbx files, and I've left MSOE behind. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the Lion...

outlook express #237
how do I add spell check to my outlook express?? tag <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I add spell check to my outlook express?? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Default OE Express to Outlook News Reader
I have two workstations both with Outlook 2003 installed. On one of them when I do GO|News I get the Outlook NewS Reader View of OE, the other gives me the standard Outlook Express View. I like the Outlook Reader View and setup much better, How do I get it to my workstation defaulted to the view I prefer. Thanks, Mike Set OE to be the default news reader in Control Panel, but not in the application. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c501c3ac12$60bfd7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have two workstations bo...

Copying addresses from Express
Is there an easy way to copy my contact list from Express to regular Microsoft Outlook? Thomas <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there an easy way to copy my contact list from Express > to regular Microsoft Outlook? In Outlook, click File>Import and Export. Select "Import Internet Mail and Addresses" and click Next. Select "Outlook Express", check only the "Import Address Book" box and click Next. Select the appropriate duplicates radio button and click Finish. (This is for OL 2002/2003, by the way.) -- Brian Tillman ...

Export OE Address Book to Outlook?
We have just added a new machine and it is running XP Pro with Outlook. Problem is we need the e-mail address book from our old system on the new one. The old system runs XP Home using Outlook Express. Outlook will not allow me to Import the exported address book from the old machine. Any suggestions? Export the wab from Outlook Express to a pab-file (Personal Address Book) Then import this pab-file into Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 --...

Outllook Vs. Outlook Express
Is there somewhere that lists the differences between the two programs. We currently use OE - why swicth to Outlook? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm is a good place to start. As to your second question, it depends entirely on your needs. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Axel asked: | Is there somewhere that lists the differences between the two | programs. | | We...

Lost e-mails using outlook express
I'm using a computer which is connected to a network. I lost my e-mails on one particular computer and then i'm unable to access the lost e-mails from neither the same computer or the other computers which are sharing my profile. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.as...

GAL and OE
Hi, How can I transfer my outlook 2003 GAL list to Outlook express.Your earliest response will be appreciated. Thanks and regards Skak You can add the active directory as an ldap address source - this is the easiest, although it might not work unless you are connected inside the network. You can try sharing it with OE - but it will hide all contacts already in OE's address book. It will also require Outlook to run in a hidden state, partially loaded in Outlook. Otherwise, save the entries in the GAL as contacts and export them to OE. http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshar...

broken links in OE
Is this a simple problem My links do not respond in Outlook Express I have consulted MSKB without sucess. any helpfull suggestions appreciated Tried resetting your Internet Explorer Web settings already? It's on the Programs tab of Internet Options... in IE Also note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips o...

Import OE 5 mail folders & msgs to new pc with OE 6
The solution below didn't work for me from Tom's site. has good info but didn't work. Can some one please help... I did everything here 3 times. my files are in .dbx format "How do I import OE5 and OE6 mail folders?" Importing from a CDRW or Zip disk OE must have write-access to any *.dbx files you want to import. You must therefore copy the files to your hard disk and then turn off the Read-Only attribute. In Explorer, select all the files, then right-click on any one and select Properties. You can then uncheck the Read- Only box. Or at a DOS prompt, enter this: ...

Outlook Express Identities
Is there some way to open Outlook express to a specific indentity. I know you can open to a default but I really want to open to a specific identity. Here's the deal we have a main email accounts and sub accounts like a lot of folks. But I would like for my son to work in his email in outlook with out necessarily beable to see my email account. SO is there some way to have Outlook express open to a secific Identity / mail account. Thanks ! for your reply and assistance. ...

oe express 6, restoring backed up folders gives "illegal operation"
Friends, I know this board is not for Outlook Express, but I don't see an OE board, and am hoping an expert can help me through a major problem. Just came back from overseas. Before I left, worrying about house being burglarized and computer stolen, I copied the email folder (that I'd astutely named EMAIL) to a CD-R, and then deleted the folder. It had many files, most with a .dbx extension, that were clearly the emails I'd received and sent over the years. In regular Outlook (at work), I've backed up my emails or transferred them to another computer by copying the .p...

OUtlook Express deletions
Outlook Express "removes' "unauthorized attachments" (i.e. the entire content) of all emails I forward to my OE email account from my aol email account. OE notes ".eml" as its reason for so ding. How do I correct this? Thanks Take a look here, it may help: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm "David Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6c01c39fd6$6275c950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Express "removes' "unauthorized attachments" (i.e. > the entire content) of all emails I forward to my...

OE LINKS
Hey there. I can not open any links in OE using Safari Web Browser. Any ideas how to fix this. Thanks. Paul Is Safari configured as the default Browser in the Custom section (important!) of Set Program Access and Defaults? That being said, OE "expects" IE to be the default. Paul Koukos wrote: > Hey there. I can not open any links in OE using Safari Web Browser. Any > ideas how to fix this. In Safari under Pref Safari is the Default Browser. Is there another place I can do that so that links from OE6 can work? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote...

One OE identity hangs OE
My other OE identities work fine, but one identity, when switched to, cannot be exited or switched out of. Instead, its inbox messages get duplicated multiple times. If I end the OE task to get out of this hang, the same thing occurs the next time I enter that identity. If I just let it remain in the "hung" state, eventually I get a window saying a download timed out. I don't know what download is started in the process of attempting to exit out of that identity. It seems that something in that idntity's mailbox has been corrupted. Is there any way to "cl...

FORMAT A DATE IN AN EXPRESSION
How do I format a date inside an expression: ="Serial no. " & [serialno] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & "Expiration Date " & [ExpDate] I would like to format the date field [expdate] as a medium date. Thanks Sammie Try ="Serial no. " & [serialno] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & "Expiration Date " & Format( [ExpDate],"medium date") Brian "Sammie" <Sammie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84EACFDB-4926-4A5D-985B-2A855F24C2BA@microsoft.com... > How do I format a date inside an expr...