NTVDM error?

I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software.  The
program won't open and I get the error:  "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem.
C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE  The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal
instruction."

Can anyone help?

     Try this thread

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html

"court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software.
>The
> program won't open and I get the error:  "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem.
> C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE  The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal
> instruction."
>
> Can anyone help?

0
Rich
2/2/2010 8:36:36 PM
What operating system are you running.
Neil
"court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software.
>The
> program won't open and I get the error:  "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem.
> C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE  The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal
> instruction."
>
> Can anyone help?

0
neil

Errors at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool.
Dear colleagues, We've met problems trying remote wipe feature at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool. Namely we've received the following error after entering smtp address to lookup list of devices: Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enumerator is positioned before the first item or after the last item. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

ClipArt error messages
Am running a lab of 10 iBooks with Mac OS 10.2, Office for Mac X. Server is Mac OS 10.1. Office is loaded on individual iBooks; students store data in accounts on the server. When the year begins, ClipArt works fine. But as time goes on, when they try to insert ClipArt, the students begin to get messages that certain databases cannot open. If they click the okay button, eventually the error messsages disappear/finish and ClipArt is usable. But it has gotten up to 30 individual error messages! I am not sure that these items are even databases; some of the names look suspiciously like non-cl...

Strange error.
I'm working with an OLEDB connection to a Microsoft Access database, coding in VB.net ' Connection String is set here (called from constructor) Private Function GetConnection() As OleDb.OleDbConnection Return New OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB. 4.0;" _ & "Data Source=" & mDataPath & "\DAQ.mdb") End Function ' Sub that's throwing the error: Public Sub insertStart(ByVal sTime As Date, ByVal jobID As Integer) Dim sql As String = "EXECUTE startTheor" insCmd = New Ole...

Windows installer error
I'm tryingto down load new software, System Suite10, and my computer keeps giving me the pop up errorsaying, windows is in safe mode or windows installer is not correctly installed. This computer is about 2yrs old and has never done this till recently, =?Utf-8?B?Y2Nn?= <ccg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:40B819EE-39C8-4DFB-99F9-ED8E1EBE1DCD@microsoft.com: > I'm tryingto down load new software, System Suite10, and my computer > keeps giving me the pop up errorsaying, windows is in safe mode or > windows installer is not correctly installed. ...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

setoption fails with error 12018
I have found some references to this problem, but no actual solutions that work for me, so here it goes again. I am trying to programmatically connect to an ftp-server using a proxy. I have to pass the proxy username and password to the internet session. Using mfc CInternetSession::SetOption() or the SDK function InetrnetSetOption() with the option INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME or INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD results in an error 12018, meaning that the handle is not valid. This is the MFC code that I am using: inet=new CInternetSession(NULL,1,INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY,proxyName,proxyBypass...

NTVDM has encountered a system error in 16 bit Windows Subsystem
I keep getting this error message and my computer has been freezing up and running a lot slower. I have scanned it withMcAfee and Norton. I have scanned also with an IOBit security scan for spyware and malware. The only video software that we had downloaded we uninstalled. But, this still persists and gives me a big bunch of grief. The error message(pop-up) that comes up is: 16 Bit Windows Subsystem NTVDM has encountered a subsystem error. NTVDM has encountered a system error cOh choose close to terminate the application. I need help. I was thinking of re-installing Wi...

Public Folders 1018 error
Not too long ago our raid controller in one of our servers "hickuped" and corrupted a bunch of our stores. Now we are getting 1018 errors for this and can't get a good full backup. We were able to fix the mailbox stores by doing mailbox moves and then recreating the stores once empty. The final problem is the Public Folder store. We have to stick to some pretty strick SLAs and the offline defrag failed at the last minute during our last maintenance window. Has anyone ever recreated a public folder store through replication? We are concerned with the affects that this...

Synchronization errors
I have a user who utilizes offline folders frequently - while on Win2k/Office 2k no problems. Recently upgraded to Win XP/Office 2003 and now receives <sending' reports error (x8004010f)object not found> message from either automatic or manual send/receive at home via VPN /offline or on our corp network. Status bar gets to 51% complete then generates that message. Already tried one folder by itself at a time -same message. Sometimes all items synchronize regardless - sometimes nothing and sometimes just a few items (not always the same - sometimes its tasks, sometimes it c...

Error when deleting sent items
I can't not delete mail from my sent folder. It just says "Selected messages could not be removed. An error has occurred." I am on Outlook Express 6 and XP. Thanks for any help EvaP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't not delete mail from my sent folder. It just > says "Selected messages could not be removed. An error has > occurred." I am on Outlook Express 6 and XP. Thanks for > any help Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1...

Domain certificate error
Hello, I have installed a entreprise CA on my new domain. I see that all my DC recieved a Domain Controler certificate except one. If I check the log I can see two event : First : Eventid 6 : Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed (0x800706ba) The RPC server is unavailable. Second : EventID 13 : Certificate enrollment for Local system failed to enroll for a DomainController certificate with request ID N/A from DCSHDCT02.mydomaint.local\mydomain-DCSHDCT02-CA (The RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba (WIN32: 1722)). The message seems to be clear, bu...

Access 2007 leap year error
I have Office 2007 Sp 1 installed. When I attempt to create a report based on a query which has the following code: Between [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![StartDate] And [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![EndDate] where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are fields in the form frmMonthlySelector; For dates between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 I get a full report including items that have a date of 1/31/08. However, when I enter dates between 2/1/08 and 2/29/08 the report shows dates only from 2/1/08 and 2/28/08 and leaves off 2/29/08. As a test I entered static values, ie: Between #2/1/08# And #2/29/08#j The r...

CRM 3.0
I have installes CRM 3.0 without any errors. I have a SQL 2005 RTM machine, 1 CRM Server. Now, when I try to add users with the deployment manager, he says, that I have no permissions?! In the web ui I can add additional user, but the users get always errors in the detail pane > an error has occured?! What is wrong? I used the domain admin to install crm 3.0! Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ...

OpenRecordset Error
Hi can any body tell me why this code works for a table but not for a query please this works for a table. Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("tblCustomer") same code does not work for a query Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qryCSVSingleSale") I get an error no 3061 To few parameters. Expected 1. I just want to loop through a record set that would be created by a query but still allow others to use the records while this action is taking place. and Im not sure how to go about it. Help most apreceated Steve - from a land...

help with error message
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'johngrasty2005@comcast.net'. Subject '', Account: 'mail.fitebuilding.com', Server: 'mail.fitebuilding.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Re...

Error sending mail if MX record is "." example is hotmil.com
I have a strange problem. Running Win2k3 domain and all win2k3 servers. I have an email that is trying to be sent to user@hotmil.com. (yes that is misspelled). My IIS6 SMTP server tries to deliver this to my Domain Controller for some reason. (they are on different servers.) I don't have SMTP server on the Domain Controller. The MX record for "hotmil.com" is set to "." (meaning "root" I believe) with a Preference of 0. First off, this domain's MX record is probably incorrect. However, why would IIS6 SMTP and thus the underlying MS DNS resolve this bac...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

Cash Receipt Error
Hi, I am using Dynamics GP 10.0 and I had a problem two days ago. we wanted to enter a transaction in the cash receipt entry, but an error message states that the document number has been used. i checked the smarlist if we have ever used the documnet number, but we have didnt. I used the serial of the payment documents from GP and it gave the same error. I checked the setup files and all the configuration were fine. can anyone help me with this problem Best Regards Haitham H. Sanber Hi, Run checklins (MSDGP>>Maintenance>>Checklinks) on Sales Series to remov...

Convert Lead to Account, Contact, or Opportunity Error CRM 4.0 #2
Hi, in CRM 4.0 when I try to convert a Lead to an account, lead or opportunity it tells me there is an error and to try again. It gives me no details on the error. But when I try to disqualify a lead it allows me to do that. So what would cause me not to be able to convert a lead? Thanks. -- Christina Hi Christina, Do you have any Plug-in associate with Account or Opportunity? If not, I believed a platform trace will able to tell you what is wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 8, 10:45=A0am, Christina <Christ...@discussions.microsof...

stop error message when opening a non existant file in a macro
In a macro jn Excel 2007, I am opening files from a list, when the file doesn't exist I get an error message. How can I stop this and go on to the next one? I can stop the first with an onerror statement but if it finds a second non-existant file it ignores this and gives an error message. Generally speaking post your code... Without code then something like this might work... dim wbk as workbook 'start loop here on error resume next set wbk = workbooks.open "Whatever" on error goto 0 if wbk is nothing then msgbox "No such file" else m...