No Internet connections in Network connections!!!

Hi im new to this forum and really need help.
Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the
garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first
started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well.
Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a
program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't
have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall
microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were
no connections, even though I had not unplugged the ethernet cable. My
network adapter is Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2 and it has a yellow
circle with an exclamation mark in the middle. I can't connect to the
internet but my other computer can and it uses the same router. What do
I do?!

--
NOTASOUND
NOTASOUND's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/235745.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
NOTASOUND

NOTASOUND wrote:
> Hi im new to this forum and really need help.
> Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the
> garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first
> started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as
> well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to
> remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since
> it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my
> hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu
> again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had
> not unplugged the ethernet cable. My network adapter is Microsoft
> Tun Miniport Adapter #2 and it has a yellow circle with an
> exclamation mark in the middle. I can't connect to the internet but
> my other computer can and it uses the same router. What do I do?!

Never installed an operating system, eh?

You need to locate/obtain the hardware device drivers for your individual
hardware components and install them so your software (Windows XP in this
case) can talk to/utilize your hardware.

Internally - at least get these for now...

Motherboard/Mainboard chipset
Network Device(s)
Video Device(s)
Audio Device(s)

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Please help a neophyte w/ connecting Outlook #2
I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying name and password", then finally "unable to establish a connection". I th...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

Cannot Connect to SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi Everyone..... I hope that someone can help.... I have looked around the net and not been able to get much useful information.... Scenario: DPM 2007 SP1 is running on a fully patched Server 2K8 (R1) EE Server 1. Everything was running pretty OK for ages after the install (even after SP1) 2. We were getting Hyper-V Virtual Machines NOT backing up consisitantly (Still a problem!) Current Situation: We can NO LONGER access the "Reporting" view - we get a message that reads: "DPM could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Services server because of IIS con...

Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) not facing the internet
I have microsoft sharepoint running with small business server 2007 on an application server. I'm trying to host Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). I've set up the DNS to point to the server where CRM is running on IIS I've opened up permissions for it in IIS The Firewall is as open as I can figure out to get it. Port forwarded and translated in the NAT policies I even set up a sub-domain on my domain provider to point to the the static IP And that static IP points to our private IP in the DNS(as stated above). I ran the IFD tool, I believe correctly, beca...

network links in email not working (web ok)
in outlook 2007 on windows 7 the hyperlinks to files on our company network shared drive result in the error "can not find file (address) verify the path or internet address is correct" I can send myself an email message with a hyper link added from the "insert hyperlink" commands that point to files on my computer and they work fine. I sent myself a couple test messages with internet address links and they worked fine. Both an email from my assistent and one I made with the exact same link result in the error. I tried a different address on the same ne...

Millionaire at 31...on the internet #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

new excel files not saving across wireless network
In the past I have been able to save a new excel file back to the desktop server. Now when I try it indicates that the save location is not available. But if I save the file locally first and then back to the desktop server it saves ok. Is this an excel setting or some network condition preventing save of new excel file? Thanks. The information in the following MSKB article may help you: You cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based computer to a shared folder on a file server http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895900 fryb53 wrote: > In the past I ha...

Internet 7 to Internet 8
I am trying to convert Intert 7 to Internet 8 through Compatibility but I can't manage to make it work. Nick If you have Internet Explorer 7 then you can not "convert" it to To Internet Explorer 8. IE7 doesn't have any way to become something that wasn't invented when it was made. If you have Internet Explorer 8 you can use compatibility mode to display pages that worked with IE7 but won't in IE8. One caveat: If the page depends upon some feature of IE7 that was changed as a security vulnerability, compatibility mode will not re-enable the vul...

Problems with Outlook2003 trying to connect to xchange
Strange problem this... Installed 2 new PCs onto SBS2003 domain when adding the machine on to the domain we installed Outlook when it was offered from the server (though it was never configured or used) as the user wanted to be on Outlook Express A couple of days later we installed Office 2003 OEM Basic And tried to migrate the user to Outlook, at this point Outlook kept wanting to connect to Exchange running on the SBS2003 box, however its not possible because we aren't using exchange so it isn't installed... Despite uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook and then Office every ...

Outlook and home network
Outlook 2007 / Vista Home Premium I have Outlook on my desktop and laptop. I can connect both PCs to my home network. Is it possible to set up both PCs to access one pst? I have the pst on a HD visible on both PCs. I just want to eliminate identical pst's on both PCs. Network access of a pst is not supported and can lead to corruption. If you choose to do it (it is possible) you can only use the pst with one outlook at a time. If your email provider supports imap it's a better solution. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Internet Mail Archive
I can't seem to display the contents of my in and out IMC Archive folders. I checked the folder size and it is quite big. I already set my logging options to all none. Can I safely delete my archive folders and recreate them? TIA PeteD Hi Pete, The easiest way is to navigate to them in DOS and delete them. There is no problem with deleting the Archive folders. Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Payroll Connect
What exactly is Payroll Connect? I have tried several ways to search for information about in on CustomerSource with no luck (the search engine is really awful ... but I digress). We are using ADP for payroll and they basically suck when it comes to getting data from them to import into Great Plains. We need to bring in detail GL (including PTO balances for liability), check information for banking and eventually expense information for AP. I thought, perhaps, that Payroll Connect might hold some hope. Use the below link to get information about payroll connect; it will be under t...

Measuring Round-Trip Internet Email time
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. I'm looking to measure roundtrip delivery time for an Internet email. Basically, I'd like to somehow have an email sent out to a foreign system, then come back into the Exchange system and have the round-trip time recorded. Is there an easy way to set this up? Or do I need foreign tools to do so? Thanks! There is no easy way to do this and there are lots of variables that you have no control over so would need to average the value over as large a number of emails as possible and include as many foreign systems as possible. Ultimately o...

Problem With Internet Links
I have Outlook 2000-SP3 and Windows 2000-SP4. I used to be able to click on an Internet link included in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet link. Not sure if it is an Outlook problem but I thought I'd give it a try... Thanks for your suggestions. ---- tb Tiziano <nospam@example.com> wrote: > I used to be able to click on an Internet link included > in an e-mail and my web browser would be launched. > Now nothing happens when I click on an Internet > link. Try this: in Internet Explorer, click Tools>In...

Cannot connect to Server
After keying my password in outlook 2000, immediately error popup, indicating cannot locate server. But if I startup the system using "Safe mode with networking", I have not problems at all. Seem like this is cause by some security patches or update from Microsoft (having the same problems with IE6.0 - cannot access internet). Try to uninstall all security patch, still don't work. Any idea ??? Thanks ...

FWD: Try this internet package from M$ Corporation
--ozdyqjjujl Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fynoxhmsmzmqkn"; type="multipart/alternative" --fynoxhmsmzmqkn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pgyxatbcvclzegf" --pgyxatbcvclzegf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

error connecting to linked tables
I built my own program for logistics purposes and use it on the intranet. Everything was OK till I had to reinstall my computer due to virus attack. Now I cannot connect to linked tables. I always receive message that MS Access encoutered a problem and have to be closed. I installed all updates and SP3 and compatibility pack... no use :( MS error reporting site simply suggests to by new version of office. Now I use 2002 version. Anybody knows the solution? It have to work because almost 4 month it worked! ...

Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet!
Hello, My name is David Vouillamoz I was wondering if you would be interested in promoting Stephan Ducharme's brand new ebook just released this week ? It's titled "Millionaire at 31... on the Internet. Listen to how he's doing it" You could earn up to $70 a sale. 5 out of 100 readers purchase. Two-tier commissions: 40% to direct seller + 10% to sub-referrer. Everything is set up... tested solo ad, website, brandable e-book, you won't even need to place it on your server Just send out the pre-written solo ad with your affiliate link and that's it. Stepha...

new internet carrier & I can't make outlook work
switched internet carriers now have comcast.net cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List In news:E1C044F1-3490-40C5-94CF-E1C997CCA5A2@microsoft.com, Quinton567 <Quinton567@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > switched internet carriers > now have comcast.net > cannot send or recieve Outlook e-mail > Comcast e-mail works fine, but not on Craigs List What does Craig's List (and web browsing) have to do with your email, or Outlook? Who hosts your email? Comcast? You need to make sure you use their server for your POP server...

EXCEL ODBC(SQL) Connections
Good Day My questions relates to ODBC connections to an SQL Server, We are soon migrating to a new SQL Server and have serveral files that link to it to retrieve data for pivot tables, My question is " Is thier a way to code the connection in VBA rather than going thru the wizard" I hoping I can add this code to our many files and not have to go thru the wizard to relink, which may be time consuming, also I was trying to get the code inplemented so we'll have an head start Thanks Cip ...