new windows now open behind old windows

Just recently, new windows have started opening behind present (old)
windows.  For example, I'll have windows explorer open in a window
showing a list of files in a directory(folder).  When I double click
on one of the files (e.g. a text file), it opens *behind* the windows
explorer window, not in front of it (as it used to), so I can't see
the text file.  So I have to click on the text file tray icon below to
see the text file.  New windows always used to open in front of old
windows.  I don't know what I did to change this.  Does anyone know
how to switch back to "new windows open in front of old windows"?

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
Paul
0
paulinboston

Windows Live shuts down (No warning)
Recently and I mean within the last 2 days I noticed that when I start my Windows Live and I click on one of my 3 email accounts it closes... not warning just brings me back to the Desktop. Happens more often when I select 1 certain hotmail account (I have 2 added to Windows Live). It takes about 3-4 tries of restarting Live to get it to work. Of course if I deleted any emails from my other 2 accounts they reappear as if I didn't remove anything. Its very strange. So I tried to see if there was an update, but since I don't have IE as my default browser MS was giving m...

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

Display SQL Results in HTML Window
Let's say I just want to display every item description and quantity in a html window called by a custom POS button. How would I use SQL within the html file to do this? I tried to pare down the drilldown.htm file, but I hit too many bumps in the road and finally gave up. I hope someone can give me a simple example so I can move forward. I just want to display the results of: SELECT description, quantity FROM Item ...

Deinstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
A few months ago, I tried installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers, and found that the installation did not complete properly, apparantly because it was unable to handle importing Windows Mail storage folders containing very large numbers of unread newsgroup posts (such as 149,000). Within the last week, I tried installing WLM on another of my computers with much less in its storage folders; that succeeded and gave me a better user interface. Is it possibly to deinstall WLM from the first computer, along with its rather incomplete messages database, and start over...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

How do I activate the new mail button

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

Can't open Outlook #11
Just bought a new computer & copied my PST file over to it. When I go to open the file, it asks me for my password. Problem is: I don't have a password on the file. Any help would be appreciated. ...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

OWA Address List won't open
We have one user here (maybe more) who cannot open the GAL when using OWA. Clicking 'New' to create and email, then selecting the 'To' button gives the follow error: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request Url: https://mail.mydomain.com:443/owa/forms/premium/DirectoryView.aspx?ae=AddressList&t=Recipients&a=Pick User host address: xx.xx.194.13 User: A.User EX Address: /o=My Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user SMTP Address: user@mydomain.com OWA version: 8.0.685.24 Mail...

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...