JAVA Control Panel

With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java Control
Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some older versions of
Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of fact I have no access to
Java at all as there is also no shortcut on the start menu. I listed all the
old versions of Java before they were uninstalled. I was able to get archived
versions of the ones I uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling
everything I had removed I still have no access to the application either
through  Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is the time to ask the
help of the experts. How do I  enable the link fom Windows Control Panel or
At least be able to create a shortcut to the Java Control Panel?

  Microsoft java was java virtual machine,the java youre refering to is
 sun microsystems,try thier web site for answers.

Will S. wrote:
> With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java
> Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some
> older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of
> fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on
> the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they
> were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I
> uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had
> removed I still have no access to the application either through
> Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is the time to ask the
> help of the experts. How do I  enable the link fom Windows Control
> Panel or At least be able to create a shortcut to the Java Control
> Panel?

(Presumably, your Control Panel display is Classic View.)

The Java Control Panel is located here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl

You said you uninstalled *some older versions of Java*. Ideally (for
security reasons, but there are some exceptions), you should only have
one instance of Java, which is the most current one:

Version 6, Update 17

Which version(s) of Java do you currently have?

When you uninstalled the older versions of Java, which method did you
use? Was it by using Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs? It might be
necessary to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. See:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Once all the old Java stuff is removed, install the latest version. Use
the standalone ("offline") installer here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Once it is installed, you may use this link to verify:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

BTW, which Web browser do you use?

0
Daave
1/18/2010 5:13:19 AM

"Daave" wrote:

> Will S. wrote:
> > With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java
> > Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some
> > older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of
> > fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on
> > the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they
> > were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I
> > uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had
> > removed I still have no access to the application either through
> > Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is the time to ask the
> > help of the experts. How do I  enable the link fom Windows Control
> > Panel or At least be able to create a shortcut to the Java Control
> > Panel?
>
> (Presumably, your Control Panel display is Classic View.)
>
> The Java Control Panel is located here:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
>
> You said you uninstalled *some older versions of Java*. Ideally (for
> security reasons, but there are some exceptions), you should only have
> one instance of Java, which is the most current one:
>
> Version 6, Update 17
>
> Which version(s) of Java do you currently have?
>
> When you uninstalled the older versions of Java, which method did you
> use? Was it by using Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs? It might be
> necessary to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. See:
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> Once all the old Java stuff is removed, install the latest version. Use
> the standalone ("offline") installer here:
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>
> Once it is installed, you may use this link to verify:
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> BTW, which Web browser do you use?
>
> After reading your reply and doing some checking I found there were two different versions of the javacpl file. one in the system32 folder and one in the programs folder. The file in the system 32 folder did not work but the file in the programs folder did. I deleted the javacpl file from the system32 folder and copied the one from the programs folder to the system32 folder. This brought back access to the Java Control Panel from Windows Control Panel. I uninstalled Java Version 6, Update 17 and reinstalled it again with the offline installer and now everything seems to be working correctly.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I am so glad there are people out
there who are so willing to help. Thanks again.

Will S.

Will S. wrote:
> "Daave" wrote:
>
>> Will S. wrote:
>>> With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java
>>> Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some
>>> older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of
>>> fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on
>>> the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they
>>> were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I
>>> uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had
>>> removed I still have no access to the application either through
>>> Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is the time to ask the
>>> help of the experts. How do I  enable the link fom Windows Control
>>> Panel or At least be able to create a shortcut to the Java Control
>>> Panel?
>>
>> (Presumably, your Control Panel display is Classic View.)
>>
>> The Java Control Panel is located here:
>>
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\javacpl.cpl
>>
>> You said you uninstalled *some older versions of Java*. Ideally (for
>> security reasons, but there are some exceptions), you should only
>> have
>> one instance of Java, which is the most current one:
>>
>> Version 6, Update 17
>>
>> Which version(s) of Java do you currently have?
>>
>> When you uninstalled the older versions of Java, which method did you
>> use? Was it by using Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs? It
>> might be
>> necessary to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. See:
>>
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>>
>> Once all the old Java stuff is removed, install the latest version.
>> Use
>> the standalone ("offline") installer here:
>>
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
>>
>> Once it is installed, you may use this link to verify:
>>
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>>
>> BTW, which Web browser do you use?
>>
> After reading your reply and doing some checking I found there were
> two different versions of the javacpl file. one in the system32
> folder and one in the programs folder. The file in the system 32
> folder did not work but the file in the programs folder did. I
> deleted the javacpl file from the system32 folder and copied the one
> from the programs folder to the system32 folder. This brought back
> access to the Java Control Panel from Windows Control Panel. I
> uninstalled Java Version 6, Update 17 and reinstalled it again with
> the offline installer and now everything seems to be working
> correctly.
>
> Thank you very much for your assistance. I am so glad there are
> people out there who are so willing to help. Thanks again.
>
> Will S.

YW, Will. Glad to hear everything's working right now. :-)

0
Daave

Making Zoom Controls
Hello, I am trying to find a way to write zoom controls but haven't found an appropriate control yet. Could somebody please let me know where to start? Thank you, Victor. What are you trying to zoom? AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A720A24F-9578-4A18-BA28-532A6FD34FD9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to find a way to write zoom controls but haven't found an > appropriate control yet. Could somebody please let me know where to start? > > Thank you, > Victor. > Hi, Well, objects in my...

Command Controls
There doesnt seem to be a way of creating paramaterized commands with the click of a button by adding a Connection control and Command control like there is with a windows forms application. I dont want to create a xsd file, I'd like all my code in a class. Am I missing something? VS2008 Thanks Ultimately it does create code. Generally designers are using data files so that you can use the designer to tweak whatever you want at will. Then it creates code from those data as a <name>.designer.<language> file and you can customize this code. You should ha...

applying styles to form controls word 2007
i am creating forms in word 2007. I insert a plain text conrtol and in the properties create a style called bullets to create a multiline bulleted list. However when I type into the field no style is used and the enter key produces a soft return instead of a paragraph. Cannot find any information on this. Also why doesn't the style present in the document appear in the Content Control Property box? thaking anyone who can help me. maggie If you want to apply styles to form controls, you need to use a Rich Text form control, not a Plain Text control. -- Hope this...

Problems with CHtmlEditCtrl control
I should have cross-posted this, answer in whatever NG you want (mfc or mfcole), I read both, thanks... I am having "funny" problems with this control. I derived from it and created my own subclass method that basicaly takes an existing editbox, creates HTML control in the same place and tab order and destroys the editbox. This works fine in a test project, but when I move it into my real project, the HTML control is displayed only if it is first in the tab order (I derive only from MFC classes right now, to avoid any problems from my existing code). Calling SetFocus() and ShowWind...

Java V/S C++
I find that people who are using Java technology are more comfortable than who are using C, C++, i mean you are not to learn concepts like COM, DLL, Exe We have some many concepts in C++ that if you compare C++ with Java, the easier one is Java, I am a hard core C++ guy Why is the learning curve so diffcult in VC comapred to Java? gopal wrote: > I find that people who are using Java technology are more comfortable > than who are using C, C++, i mean you are not to learn concepts like > COM, DLL, Exe > > We have some many concepts in C++ that if you compare C++ with Java, &g...

Controls from dialogbox disappearing?
Hi In my MFC dialog based application, i am using a JPEG file as a background for my dialog box whose code i have given in the OnEraseBkgnd() in the dialog class. Also i have few static controls on my dialog box -- a static text, 2 buttons & a list control to be precise. In order to have the background of these controls as transparent i have written the neccessary code inside the OnCtlColor(). When the application is run, everything is perfect but as soon as i click on the column divider in the list control & drag it to decrease column size, the buttons & the static text disappe...

Installing 3rd party controls (TreeViewAdv)
I'm new to VS/C# and am trying to install a 3rd party TreeView control that supports columns. I can compile the source application just fine. It shows the controls on the left, but when I switch to a new project they are gone. I'm sorry for such a noobish question but hopefully this might help others out. P.S. Yes, I have searched google but it's possible I'm using the wrong search terms. Oh, and the URL for the control in question is: https://sourceforge.net/projects/treeviewadv "Magus" <mr.magus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:23d0bcae-9c2...

JAVA Control Panel
With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had removed I still have no access to the application either through Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is t...

Adjust Total Item Price in Inventory Control
Hi All I have a question on Inventory: how can I adjust total cost for inventory items ? e.g.: I have total quantity 100 unit for Item A, subsequently, with total cost $1000 subsequently, I need to change to total cost to $1200, how can I do the adjustment in Inventory Control? please advice, thank you. Regards, kat You can adjust costs by going to Tools>>Setup>>Inventory>>Adjust Costs. This is the "Cost Stack". You'll have to choose by site and transaction to adjust. Note: this will create a GL entry for the cost difference. Hope this helps. -- --JI...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

Java
If this is not the correct place to ask, please point to the right one. My wife has a Win XP SP3 computer and it tells her that she needs to up date her Java, when she tries it says that it is unable to complete the task. I can probably get the error message info if needed. Jerry Jerry wrote: > If this is not the correct place to ask, please point to the right > one. > My wife has a Win XP SP3 computer and it tells her that she needs > to up date her Java, when she tries it says that it is unable to > complete the task. I can probably get the error message i...

Calendar Control 10
Hi all. Does anyone happen to know the location of the Calendar Control 10 on the MS site (or any other). Spent ages running in circles looking for this and I really don't like the MS Date & Time Picker. Cheers Anto. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I've never used it, but Ron de Bruin has a link at the bottom of this page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm This is the link: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Ron has some sample code on his site, too. "Anto <" wrote: > > Hi all. > > Does anyone happen to know the ...

Java updates
I have runtime enviroment 6 and update 1 In control panel, programs and features I see Java 6 update 7, 18,and 20 Can I remove the 7 and 18 update? Do I need to remove them? Thank you John Older Java JREs are a security risk and should be removed. Newer JRE updates remove the older version, provided it is in the standard location. The latest JRE 6 is update 21, available from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. On 26/07/2010 16:38, thewiz wrote: > I have runtime enviroment 6 and update 1 > In control panel, programs and features I see Java 6 update 7, 18,a...

Controlling size of command buttons
:( The command buttons I am using are not retaining their size or position when rows are inserted or operations performed. I have had "do not resize or move with cells", and all other options (the opposites) ticked. No choice seems to work. Any suggestions -- pagelocator ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pagelocator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16506 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475769 In the Format dialog box, in the Size tab, I checked Lock Aspect R...

microsoft java virtual machine
How can I get help on installing the microsoft java virtual machine. Hi: Here is some info... http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/ John. "marmal" <ali@knology.net> wrote in message news:05cc01c3aaca$c0156850$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get help on installing the microsoft java virtual > machine. ...

Summing Calculated Control
Although I have read the posts on this, I still can't get it to work. I have put the following code into the subform control's record source: HoursAndMinutes([DepartTime]-[ArriveTime]). The "HoursAndMinutes" is code in the module. It converts the time to hours and minutes. This works on the form. I need to sum this in the forms header and multiply it times the billing rate. I have tried: =Sum(HoursAndMinutes([DepartTime]-[ArriveTime]))*[BillingRate]. What do I need to do? Thanks Ron, If you are on the parent form and want to know the value of a control on the subform...

Disable control on exit
This is just a minor question, but it's one that has me stumped: I have a control that I would like to make invisible after the user leaves it. However, I also know you can't disable a control when it has the focus, so I can't use the OnExit or OnLostFocus events of this control. Is there a simple way to do this --- or am I going to have to do it the hard way? Here's the "hard way" that I've come up with so far: Code a visible=false into the OnEnter event of all other controls on the form. That seems kind of clunky, but I haven't come up with anything e...

msi packages of flash, adobe reader and java runtime?
Hello, As you guys know, flash, adobe reader and the java runtime need to be installed in most office environments on every PC. So, where can I find msi packages for those? And especially the updates - how can I deactivate the automatic update functions for them globally, so that only the AD administrator can provide updates (and where to get the update msi's?) Is there a site that specialized on that topic? I guess many system administrators have to deal with this problem, I would be grateful for any hints. I would love to see a good answer to this. In my experienc...

java
hello I want to use the java script in html tage please help me thanks The extent of JavaScript can cover numerous areas. Your question is too broad to answer and you are in the wrong newsgroup to post this question. Locate a newsgroup that covers either HTML or Web programming. You posted this to an Access newsgroup; the database program from Microsoft. "hosssein" <ali_abutaleby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0w84dYxDHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello > I want to use the java script in html tage > please help me > thanks > > ...

question about java
Hello, I have a problem with a javascript . I want that, once we fill in one field that the other becomes required. So I have two fields - fixed price: type money - start date: date & time when I encode the field Fixed price, I want that start date field becomes required. so I have created this javascript if (crmForm.FormType != 5) { switch (crmForm.all.con_fixedprice.DataValue) { // if fixed priced is filed in, start date becomes business required case 1: // CDI if (crmForm.all.con_fixedprice.DataValue != null ) { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("con_datestarted",2) } b...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Dropdown button in a toolbar control
Hi all, I'm trying to implement the dropdown button in a toolbar control. I try to handle the TBN_DROPDOWN message with the ON_NOTIFY macro: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmtb, LRESULT *plr); and get the following error: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' Does anyone know how to fix it? Cheers Kozlo Here's something to try... Change the function to be...

Proof and Control
Hi! I am using Access 2000. And I apologize for my ramblings up front.... I have a requirements table. I have a field in that table that lists "type" (there are 5) I have a field next to that for Divison (there are 3) For that requirement, I want to make sure every Requirement has a record for all 5 types. Is there a simple query that I can build to see when one or more types are missing? For example: Requirement Type Division 01 TypeA 01 01 TypeA 02 01 TypeB 01 ...

Java Script Error
I’m getting the following error trying to be sent t o Microsoft each time I try to save. I’m working on a new machine that has Vista Ultimate. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/Bluebag/sfa/salesorder/edit.aspx?id={6A53AE63-95D0-DD11-9701-001321C83584}</URL> <PageURL>/Bluebag/sfa/salesorder/edit.aspx?id={6A53AE63-95D0-DD11-9701-0...