icons refresh to much when close folders

When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons &
slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have my folder
set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode not the current xp
style.

 thanks

0
Doc

Go here:
Scroll to Line 157, left side
"Prevent automatic icon and folder refresh"

It's a registry file...right-click the link and save it to your desktop:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablerefresh.reg

Double-click the "disablerefresh.reg" file and click OK to confirm
adding it to the Registry.

See if that helps.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

"Doc J" <no@spam.email> wrote in message
> When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons
> & slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have
> my folder set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode
> not the current xp style.
>
> thanks

0
glee
2/19/2010 4:35:59 AM
ok thanks worked :)

> Go here:
> Scroll to Line 157, left side
> "Prevent automatic icon and folder refresh"
>
> It's a registry file...right-click the link and save it to your desktop:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablerefresh.reg
>
> Double-click the "disablerefresh.reg" file and click OK to confirm adding
> it to the Registry.
>
> See if that helps.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+
> http://dts-l.net/
>

> "Doc J" <no@spam.email> wrote in message
>> When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons &
>> slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have my
>> folder set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode not the
>> current xp style.
>>
>> thanks

0
Doc

how i do enable icons in excel
some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an active how can slove this problem thanks salah If the workbook is shared Insert>Chart and Tools>Scenarios will be grayed out(unavailable). Check at Tools>Share Workbook to see if book is shared. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:24:07 -0700, "salah" <salah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >some of icons doesnt work like chart , scenario ... > >when i go to customise its appear active when i closed its back to an activ...

Outlook 2003 Public Folders Calendar Moderator
I have set up a "Firm Calendar" in public folders in order to keep personal calendar items of users and firm items (such as hearings and the like) separate. A user will go to their personal calendar and create a firm item then invite attendees. The attendee in these cases (firm items) will be the "firm calendar" which has been set up as a contact in their contact lists. I have also set up a moderator to manage this "firm calendar". When a user sends this invitation to the "firm calendar" contact it also sends the calendar item notification t...

trying to ensure that Access closes down
I'm running Access 2003 in a multi-user environment, and I've been using the Timer event in the Main Menu form that's always open to close down all open front end mdb files at the end of the day in order to compact and repair the back end mdb file. I do this by renaming the extension of a file on the network drive from ".no" to ".yes". The code in the form's Timer event checks to see if the file named "close_app.yes" exists, and if it does, it closes down the user's front end application. So I can make sure all the users will c...

Arrange mail folders?
My mailbox folders are listed in alphabetical order: Deleted Drafts Inbox Junk Outbox .. .. .. (etc.) Is there a way to change that order? Thanks, Duane Several options. I like to put "MY" in front of folders I create so they are groped togther. You can also apply number or symbols to folders your create. But a cleaner approach is to copy folders you use frequently to your "Favorite Folders" where you can drag folders into any order you want. -- Dave F "Duane" wrote: > My mailbox folders are listed in alphabetical order: >...

Gray icon from icon
Is there any system-fn to paint a given icon in grayscale? ...

Personal folder import
need to know if you can recover the personal folder contents after the service has been removed from the Outlook program under TOOLS>SERVICES jenningm@marion.k12.fl.us <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > need to know if you can recover the personal folder > contents after the service has been removed from the > Outlook program under TOOLS>SERVICES Sure. Just add the Personal Folders service back in and browse to the PST. -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >need to know if you can recover the personal folder >contents after the servic...

ToolTip Close button
Hi, I'm trying to create a balloon tooltip window that has a close button. Like this one (taken from MSDN) http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/art/tooltipdefault.jpg I've tried to add the TTS_CLOSE style, but it didn't change anything... Thanks in advance! Koo -- "There's an empty room full of people who think you are creative." How do i create this close button? ...

Can not delete old system folders
Hi, after the migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 has finished and we swtiched in native mode I have still old 5.5 System folders as "Schedule+ Free Busy" from turned off servers. If I would delete this folders I get an Logon dialog with permissions to delete, but no user or system account could delete the folders. Has anyone an idea to delete this folders ? Thank you ...

My inbox messages automatically delete when I close outlook. Why?
Lately when I close outlook all my messages are automatically deleted. I cannot see that they have been moved. And they do not go to the deleted folder. They just seem to disappear. Is there a setting that may have accidentally been set to make this happen? Are you using a Hide read view? look on the View menu to select a different view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Can not close Reminder
A reminder continues to pop up. Each time you try to close/ open it, it says "Cannot postpone/turn off the reminder. The end date you entered occurs before the start date." I checked to make sure that the reminder does not appear in her calendar and I also tried to use the switch, /cleanreminders, neither of which seem to work. ...

Icons and transparency
Hi guys I have 32*32 16 color icon, but I need a transparent background on it. I'm using it on a column header but I get a white background with what I thought was the transparent colour. I have used the VS7 icon editor, but it's not clear how to set the transparent colours. Any help would be most appreciated. TIA Tony In the header of which control are you trying to show the icon? Is it a list view, an owner drawn control, a third part control...? How are you loading the icon? From where the icon come from? Is it inside an image list? -- Regards Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

Orphaned Public Folder and calendar objects
have a 20+ Exchange 2003 server network that was recently upgraded from 5.5 and switched to Exchange Native mode. I have recently noticed a number of NTDS SDPROP 2008 errors in DC event logs. "Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected. Object: CN=OAB Version 2-68,CN=Microsoft Exchange System Additional Data Error value: -1112 [] Internal ID: 2080495" After tracking down what objects are causing those erro...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

Runtime Error When Closing Outlook
When i close Micrsoft Outlook 2000, I receive the following error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (Path to Outlook.exe) Abnormal Program Termination. I tried to turn off the Exchang Scan in the Add-In Manager. What else can I do? I am getting the same error that Linda has described. This just started two weeks ago. I have tried reinstalling Outlook twice without success. Does anyone have a solution to this annoying problem? ...

Need rule to move email from one folder to another after 1 month
We recently installed Newforma at our office which moves email out of Outlook and into its own system. This will help people in our office who were having a terrible time archiving email. The one problem I've got with Newforma is that once an email has been moved to it from Outlook I can no longer see the email from my iPhone through our exchange server. What I'd like to do is have a rule set up in my email folders in Outlook to keep the email there for a set time (30 days) and then move them to the Newforma folder which then initiates Newforma moving the email out of Outlook....

deleted items folder and sent items folder not available in outlo.
I installed office 10 beta. Outlook will download and send emails, but will not delete measages and has error "Deleted Item folder not available". What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://foru...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

Outlook error message on startup; duplicated Contacts folder
I have just installed Outlook XP on my new XP PC and have stated getting this error message on starting Outlook. 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins\C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll' is not a valid Office add-in I never got it on my previous W2K set up, and I'm not aware of anything else that might affect it. The only thing I've done is inadvertently create a second Contacts folder which is empty but which I can't now delete. I can still use the other one fine. I don't know if the two things are linked - I suspect no...

How to view the form in GP afterchunk code is placed in GP folder?
Hi, After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to see the form prepared by me. But how to open the form prepared by us from GP. Please send me info ASAP. Thanx in advance, Kiran. Kiran, Try adding your form to shortcuts. Warner "Kiran" wrote: > Hi, > After completing the chunk process, let me know how to view the form > prepared by us which was integrated to GP. In security options, I am able to > see the form prepared by me. But how to open the for...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

"unable to display the folder
for the file xxxxxxxx pst is not valid" I changed where the users save their files on the NT Server and now a users personal made folders aren't pointing to the correct place. Can someone tell me where to type the path name into so I can point these to the correct place. It's totally grayed out on the right side of the window with that error message when I have a folder chosen. Archive was simple, but there is no place for the others to be corrected on the drop down menus that I can find. One other thing is that these folders I am speaking of are imported folders and...

Money express 2002 won't close
How do I get the program to close? I get a message that says: Setup needs to close Microsoft Money Express 2002 and is unable to do so. Please close Microsoft Money Express 2002 and click Retry. If your not sure how to close Microsoft Money Express 2002 consult help. And where is help for M.M.E. 2002? ...

more than 16 colors icon
Can I use more than 16 colors icon in OutlookBar's shortcut? Even I use a true color icon, it shows in 16 colors. :-< ...

Closing Outlook Programmatically
Hi, I need to be able to close Outlook programmatically. This is to go in a scheduled job that backs up the .pst file to a network drive. If the user forgets to shut down Outlook, the backup fails. pskill from sysinternals.com is a bit too harsh, as it kills the process rather than closes the window. And I would use psshutdown from sysinternals, but Outlook is not being well behaved. If I try to shutdown the machine, I get a dialogue about closing Outlook first. Why? What's so special about Outlook as opposed to say, Word, Excel, Notepad, or just about any other application? If th...