HP Pavillion a1632x

I had a HP Pavillion a1632x running WinXP64 media ed which was hit by a
virus.  I could not recover via the recovery mode.
I made the mistake of installing Vsta (updating was unavailable).
Is there a way to access the old registy using the remote registy call call
it WinXP1.reg ?
If I were to install XP from scratch, export my registry into a file
WinXP2.reg, import WinXP1.reg, and then overwrite the latest from
WinXP2.reg, would I get a useable system

0
walter

If Vista was a clean install, and you say "updating was unavailable" then
everything on C was lost.
And anyway if you could'nt recover from a virus, whats the point in
restoring a compromised registry?

"walter deodiaus" <deodiaus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had a HP Pavillion a1632x running WinXP64 media ed which was hit by a
>virus.  I could not recover via the recovery mode.
> I made the mistake of installing Vsta (updating was unavailable).
> Is there a way to access the old registy using the remote registy call
> call it WinXP1.reg ?
> If I were to install XP from scratch, export my registry into a file
> WinXP2.reg, import WinXP1.reg, and then overwrite the latest from
> WinXP2.reg, would I get a useable system

0
DL

HP Pavillion a1632x
I had a HP Pavillion a1632x running WinXP64 media ed which was hit by a virus. I could not recover via the recovery mode. I made the mistake of installing Vsta (updating was unavailable). Is there a way to access the old registy using the remote registy call call it WinXP1.reg ? If I were to install XP from scratch, export my registry into a file WinXP2.reg, import WinXP1.reg, and then overwrite the latest from WinXP2.reg, would I get a useable system If Vista was a clean install, and you say "updating was unavailable" then everything on C was lost. And anyway i...

Office 2010 HP printer problem
Office 2010 Professional Plus 2010 (the released 32-bit version, two activated copies on two computers) does not print multiple copies of any office document with my HP Laserjet P2055dn printers (using the latest Dec. 15, 2009 PCL 6 and PCL 5 UPD drivers available on the HP Web site). No matter how many copies are entered, only 1 copy of a document prints. Both of our computers are running Windows 7 x64. The printers worked fine with the Beta version of Office 2010, and work properly withh our non-Office programs. Our Xerox and Canon printers work properly. Does anyone have a ...

Computer not recognizing HP 3970 Scanjet
Hello. I am running Windows XP Prof SP3 with IE8 and an HP 3970 Scanjet The lamp works fine and stays on all of the time.. When I reboot my computer (after installing a program update), sometimes it does not recognize my HP S970 Scanjet and a message pops up stating' Found New Hardware' and it asks me to install the CD (even though the software is already installed and liated under Add/Remove programs) but when I 'install' using the CD, it cannot find the driver. When I reboot, the scanner, the lamp comes on and make noise to show that it is connected....

Single check with HP printer
I can't get Money 2003 set up to print single checks properly. I have changed all the parameters on the check printing dialog box but the checks still print on the wrong side. (Paper must be aligned on right side of printer by Money prints check on left side.) I changed all those selections (right side, left side, edge feed) on on the dialog box at print time but I still can't get it right. I am running Windows ME. Thanks for any help. Janet Take a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;117505 The easiest solution may be to get a for...

Cannot restart my HP computer with HP original Recovery Disks
I have a HP Pavilion a1610n Desktop computer, Product Number RC652AA, Serial Number CNH6320HW2. The original HP Recovery disks 1 and 2 , HP5013-7947, Build 64NAemMPA3 did the initial reformat and went through the normal process including setting up Windows XP for my personal preferences and after it finished ask to "restart". I did that and since then nothing happens when I turn on the computer. Inserting the HP recovery disks again does not do anything either. The screen stays dark. The computer is on, I can see the hard disk spinning, the CD drive is fine, I can hear...

HP Desktop for sale!
Hi, I have an unused HP Pavilion with the fallowing specs: # Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz, 2000MT/s System Bus) # Memory: 2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8 GB (4 x 2 GB) (64-bit OS)/ 4 GB (4 x 1 GB) (32-bit OS)) # Hard Drive:320GB 7200RPM SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) hard drive # Optical Drive: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive # Expandable Drive Bay: HP Pocket Media Drive bay # Video Graphics: Integrated graphics # Network Interface: Integrated 10/100BaseT network interface # Sound: High Definition 8-channel audio # Fax/Modem: 56K bps dat...

Vista x64 with HP Universal Print Driver and HP Laserjet 4100 printer
Hello all. I have successfully installed the HP Universal Print Driver on my Windows Vista computer for use with my HP Laserjet 4100 printer. When I go to print, the printer shows "1" in the queue as if it is going to send the data to the printer but then quickly goes to "0" as if the document was printed. The printer doesn't even blink. The printer works fine (if in most cases) if I use the PCL 5 print driver in Vista but I need to use the HP Universal Print Driver for various other issue I'm having printing from Vista to this printer. Any idea what I can ...

HP 2015 garbled receipts
I'm just setting up a new installation of RMS store operations version 2.0. Everything looks fine but the receipts print out garbled. Reprints are also garbled although viewed on screen in the journal window they look perfect. Using the standard full page receipt format. We are also seeing some errors in report printouts from manager. The HP 2015 printer appears to be installed correctly and prints correctly from other windows applications and printer test pages are fine. Has anybody run into this? Using the PLC5 driver supplied from HP. OS is win 2000. -- Greg Staples Auto...

HP Printer Installation
Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is stopped due to the following error: Enum The installer cannot acces this registry key. Please ensure that the installer has access to the registry and click retry to continue installation. Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum Manufacturer: Microsoft Does anyobe have a solution? Thank you ctgolfer108 wrote: > Trying to install an HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n, the installation is > stopped due to the following error: > Enum The installer cannot acces ...

How to print on 42" roll HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP using Publisher
I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on several sheets. I need it to print on one continuous sheet. Any solutions? Using MS Publisher 2003 Printing on HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP -- Mary B. Read your printers manual to determine whether is will print banners. Sometimes different versions of one model will and the other will not. "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FF6EA3-7C9B-490F-8BDE-7715DF352F70@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on > several sheets. ...

add older HP 500"all in one" HP printer, fax, copier problem
I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and scanner to my PC. I have Microsoft XP professional. As I attempt to follow the install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of, "sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the install" message. There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it installed. Help me somebody by giving me instr...

HP Scanners and Vista drivers
A user wrote that the HP 4200c was manufactured in 2001 and the HP 3970 was manufactured in 2003 so why does the 'later' model (4200c) have an earlier manufacturer year? (2001) Wouldn't it make more sense for HP to create a Vista driver for a 'later' and 'higher' model of 4200c since it is 'newer?' Did HP create a Vista driver for 3970 because it was 'mass produced' and they had a lot of complaints from customers so they 'gave' in to customer demand whereas 4200c was not 'mass produced?' Any insight would be appr...

GB Base Service Pack and HP Printer
Hi: When I tried to look at 'Ink Level' on my HP Photosmart Printer, the following message popping up in the middle of the screen, although there was 'Ink Level' to look at. How to get rid of this message whenever I access 'Ink Level' on my HP Photosmart Printer? Thanks for your help in advance. And the following message is?? Gord On Mon, 31 May 2010 08:15:19 -0400, "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net> = wrote: >Hi: >When I tried to look at 'Ink Level' on my HP Photosmart Printer, the=20 >following message p...

Cannot Print to my HP Printer
I have tried to reboot my machine and only one it will print all future print jobs say "Printer Cover is Open" Then when I go into the Operations Management section and try to look up a customer history and try to reprint a receipt it give me a "printer error" as the caption and "Unknown Error" in the Message Field. I have two of these printers and both give me the same problem. Help! Any Suggestions! -- Live your Best! Check your default printer assignment in windows; I've seen the software behave oddly when say a barcode printer was assigned as the def...

HP Printer
I know this is not the right newsgroup so maybe someone can point me to the right place. Windows 7, HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer. I downloaded the Windows 7 drivers from HP, trying to install, I get a dialog box showing the device is connected, and to wait while PnP finishes installing drivers. The progress bar has been allowed to cycle thru at least a half dozen times, but never finishes. Earl It would be better to seek help from HP at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support or if you are in the UK, at http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/welcome.html...

hp printer
do i need a disc to get printer to work "rosanne" <rosanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:109C7D86-B27E-4C88-B420-31121082F5E7@microsoft.com... > do i need a disc to get printer to work > Who knows. It would depend on whether the OS has drivers already in the setup. If not, you would need a disk. Now, if you had told us what model HP printer you have and what operating system (OS) you are using, we might be able to help more. You could visit the HP site and download the latest printer driver. http://www.hp.com/ -- Don - Publisher 2000 ...

Tips for cloning a HD with Vista Ultimate 64 and an HP dv9500
I just went through an agonizing process of cloning my boot drive to a new replacement drive on my HP dv9500. I thought I would share what I learned and hopefully someone will benefit and not waste as much time as I did. Once I received the correct size replacement drive from HP (a 120 gig Hitachi SATA drive), I found that Disk Management would not recognize the new drive in the secondary bay. It would ONLY recognize it in the primary bay. After three days of trying to figure out the problem with HP tech support, the tech guys gave up. I figured out on my own that the molded p...

HP Desktop for sale!
Hi, I have an unused HP Pavilion with the fallowing specs: # Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz, 2000MT/s System Bus) # Memory: 2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8 GB (4 x 2 GB) (64-bit OS)/ 4 GB (4 x 1 GB) (32-bit OS)) # Hard Drive:320GB 7200RPM SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) hard drive # Optical Drive: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive # Expandable Drive Bay: HP Pocket Media Drive bay # Video Graphics: Integrated graphics # Network Interface: Integrated 10/100BaseT network interface # Sound: High Definition 8-channel audio # Fax/Modem: 56K bps dat...

How do I print spreadsheets on 14x17 paper from my HP 4V
I have this beautiful old reliable HP Printer that has a large cartridge of 14x17 size paper loaded in the bottom tray. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use it. Is there a kind person that would tell me how to actually accomplish printing excel spreadsheet on that size. Many thanks in advance................Peter Check out File > Print > select the Properties button on the pop-up, and then you should be able to find your way to a Paper-size selection somewhere there........each setup is different depending on the Printer Software............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck,...

HP System Recovery
HP Media Center PC m1050y desktop WinXP MCE, Pent 4 (3.40 GHz), 2 gb RAM, 250 gb HD I have tried using the Destructive Recovery option and, after that process completed, the reboot keeps hanging on the WinXP splash screen with those blue bars going left to right across the screen. It just stays there, and doesn't advance any further. An online chat with an HP tech support rep suggested the Recovery Partition might be corrupt. Before I try a WinXP retail CD (recovery CDs not available), is there any possibility the problem lies with the hard drive or motherboard? All...

printing banner to HP 5500
I am trying to plot a 58.7" x 16" banner on my HP 5500 plotter. Publisher shows the page being truncated with part of the plot on a second page. I have set my paper size as long as 72" but I continue to have the same problem. Any suggestions? -- frustrated in plotter land Do you have both Publisher and the printer set for the correct paper size? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Beth" <bsleidy@7frontier.net> wrote in message news:5141B60F-F7E1-4F8A-9394-FB967BD577A8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to plot a 58.7" x 16" banner on ...

For the HP lovers
For the HP lovers. Now who would want to be associated with a nightmare company like HP. HP equipment is better left on store shelves to collect dust. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12038 -- I'm kinda partial to HP, I think. On my third RPN calculator, and presently using a DeskJet 970Cse BUT! <== should be 90 font The ink carts are a bit on the spendy side. AND! <== should be 90 font The new multipurpose printer/scanner/fax boxes will fax legal size but are unable to print it! This is according to a HP rep at the local CompUSA store. (I was going to say 8�&qu...

HP laserjet 1230
My friend has a XP home desktop. His daughter has an iPod that cannot be detected by the PC. I tried the to un-install the USB root hubs /host controllers inside the devmgmt. But after that even the HP laserjet become un-usable ! I cannot re-install the printer driver even a new usb device is detected when attached, cannot remove the dot4_001 port nor USB001 virtual printer port in printer server properties. Un-install usb root/ host controllers without help.. almost give up !! Any advices is welcome, thanks "bob" <bobby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...

HP 2400dtn printer
Our client had planned to use the HP LaserJet 2300, however it has reached end-of-life with HP. The replacement in the same price range is the HP LaserJet 2400. It has been out for a little while, but I noticed it had not been added to the list of offically supported printers. How often is the list updated? Is the HP LaserJet 2400 scheduled to be tested? added? did it fail? Anyone using one today? Our client will be buying 12 of them at once (their current printers are NOT compliant) so they want to buy something that works. If we have to, we'll have them buy one and test the m...

Custom os for HP Ipaq
This is my first project on platform builder. I want to deploy a custom os on HP ipaq rx 1950 is it possible by platform builder 5.0? from where i can get BSP for hp ipaq rx1950. Thanks in advance. Mady... Not possible, unless you have complete design documentation for the iPAQ. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "mady" <u57412@uwe> wrote in message news:a1f302dab6c4c@uwe... > This is my first project on platform builder. > I wan...