How do I add RAID drivers to an existing XP system?

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID
1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives
and would like to setup a RAID 1 array. All the partitions from my old
drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second
drive is empty.

The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
using the floppy which came with the motherboard.

This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

A repair install of winxp, using F6 option when prompted
(The winxp cd will need to be same sp level as current)

"John" <notme@nospam.org> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
> motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID 1.
> I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives and
> would like to setup a RAID 1 array. All the partitions from my old drives
> have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second drive is
> empty.
>
> The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
> setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
> using the floppy which came with the motherboard.
>
> This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
> yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
> drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

0
DL
12/19/2009 5:26:39 PM
DL wrote:
> A repair install of winxp, using F6 option when prompted
> (The winxp cd will need to be same sp level as current)

Right off the bat there's a problem. I don't have a CD that is SP3. I
think my CD is SP1 and I installed SP2 and SP3 using Windows Update.

If I can overcome that, possibly by creating a slipstream CD, do I have
to run the repair install to completion? Won't that wipe out all my post
SP3 updates? It seems like there ought to be an easier way to do this.

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
0
John
12/19/2009 8:42:32 PM
You create a slipstreamed winxp installation containing latest sp

> DL wrote:
>> A repair install of winxp, using F6 option when prompted
>> (The winxp cd will need to be same sp level as current)
>>
> Right off the bat there's a problem. I don't have a CD that is SP3. I
> think my CD is SP1 and I installed SP2 and SP3 using Windows Update.
>
> If I can overcome that, possibly by creating a slipstream CD, do I have to
> run the repair install to completion? Won't that wipe out all my post SP3
> updates? It seems like there ought to be an easier way to do this.
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

0
DL
12/19/2009 9:51:26 PM
> "John" <notme@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> DL wrote:
>>> A repair install of winxp, using F6 option when prompted
>>> (The winxp cd will need to be same sp level as current)
>>>
>> Right off the bat there's a problem. I don't have a CD that is SP3. I
>> think my CD is SP1 and I installed SP2 and SP3 using Windows Update.
>>
>> If I can overcome that, possibly by creating a slipstream CD, do I
>> have to run the repair install to completion? Won't that wipe out
>> all my post SP3 updates? It seems like there ought to be an easier
>> way to do this.

DL then added:
> You create a slipstreamed winxp installation containing latest sp

Yes...

But, John, you are correct. If you run a Repair install, even if it is
at the SP3 level, any post-SP3 updates will need to be reinstalled. Then
again, you could always slipstream *those* updates as well so you
wouldn't need to reinstall them.

0
Daave
12/19/2009 11:10:46 PM
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:57:04 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:

>I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
>motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID
>1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives
>and would like to setup a RAID 1 array. All the partitions from my old
>drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second
>drive is empty.
>
>The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
>setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
>using the floppy which came with the motherboard.
>
>This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
>yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
>drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!
>
>John

I don't know what happened but MS instructed me that a file was missing and I
was ro re-install Raid drivers.
Naturally I grabbed the Intel disk that came with the motherboard and I had Raid
running and no more complaints from MS

B|rge in sunny Perth, Australia
0
nesredep
12/20/2009 12:57:50 AM
  A reinstall or repair of xp is not needed to set up RAID 1...RAID 0 would
 need reinstallation but not 1.Simply set youre BIOS to enable RAID,if you
 use IDE hds,then that to must be configured in the BIOS..After BIOS,then
configure the RAID set in the RAID set up post after the BIOS.Once thru & in
xp,
 you must install the Matrix storage software from intel.If you havent already
 install the chipset installation utility before Matrix,a restart isnt
needed after
 chipset install.Once both are installed,then youre thru,Matrix will install
the
 data to other hd auto.

"John" wrote:

> DL wrote:
> > A repair install of winxp, using F6 option when prompted
> > (The winxp cd will need to be same sp level as current)
> >
> Right off the bat there's a problem. I don't have a CD that is SP3. I
> think my CD is SP1 and I installed SP2 and SP3 using Windows Update.
>
> If I can overcome that, possibly by creating a slipstream CD, do I have
> to run the repair install to completion? Won't that wipe out all my post
> SP3 updates? It seems like there ought to be an easier way to do this.
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
> .

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:57:04 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:

> I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
> motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID
> 1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives
> and would like to setup a RAID 1 array.

Why do you want RAID 1?

RAID 1 (mirroring) uses two or more drives, each a duplicate of the
others, to provide redundancy. It's used in situations where any
downtown can't be tolerated (almost always in business situations, not
in homes), because the way it works is that if one drive fails the
other takes over seamlessly. Although some people thing of RAID 1 as a
backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to
simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most
common dangers threatening your data--severe power glitches, nearby
lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc.Most
companies that use RAID 1 also have a strong external backup plan in
place.

See "Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea" at
http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29

> All the partitions from my old
> drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second
> drive is empty.
>
> The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
> setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
> using the floppy which came with the motherboard.
>
> This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
> yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
> drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
12/20/2009 3:07:01 PM
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response. My system was running two Seagate 160GB SATA
drives, both of which were four years old. I had a corruption of the C:
partition on the primary drive from which I was unable to recover, in
spite of trying to do so using both Winternals ERD Commander and Media
Tools Professional. I restored from a recent Ghost backup and got the
system running again with minimal loss of data but decided the drive
could no longer be trusted.

I have a RAID 1 capable motherboard, and the price of very large drives
has become very reasonable, so that's why I decided to go that way.
Amazon had Seagate 1.5 TB SATA drives for $89 at the time and I bought
two of them.

I use Ghost to backup my C: partition frequently, but this was still a
huge pain to deal with. I have good surge protection and a UPS. I'm
running good virus and malware protection programs and I'm careful about
where I go and what I do on the internet.

Do you still think I am just as likely to experience a failure of both
drives in the RAID array as a failure of just one? If that's true, why
would anyone use RAID 1?

I'm still looking for an authoritative answer to my original question.
You are the first MVP who has chimed in on this, so I'm hoping you might
have the info I need.

Regards,

John

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:57:04 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
>> motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID
>> 1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives
>> and would like to setup a RAID 1 array.
>

> Why do you want RAID 1?
>
> RAID 1 (mirroring) uses two or more drives, each a duplicate of the
> others, to provide redundancy. It's used in situations where any
> downtown can't be tolerated (almost always in business situations, not
> in homes), because the way it works is that if one drive fails the
> other takes over seamlessly. Although some people thing of RAID 1 as a
> backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to
> simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most
> common dangers threatening your data--severe power glitches, nearby
> lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc.Most
> companies that use RAID 1 also have a strong external backup plan in
> place.
>
> See "Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea" at
> http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29
>

>> All the partitions from my old
>> drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second
>> drive is empty.
>>
>> The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
>> setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
>> using the floppy which came with the motherboard.
>>
>> This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
>> yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
>> drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!
>>
>> John
>> --
>> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
>> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
0
John
12/21/2009 3:30:50 PM
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:30:50 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> Thanks for your response. My system was running two Seagate 160GB SATA
> drives, both of which were four years old. I had a corruption of the C:
> partition on the primary drive from which I was unable to recover, in
> spite of trying to do so using both Winternals ERD Commander and Media
> Tools Professional. I restored from a recent Ghost backup and got the
> system running again with minimal loss of data but decided the drive
> could no longer be trusted.
>
> I have a RAID 1 capable motherboard, and the price of very large drives
> has become very reasonable, so that's why I decided to go that way.
> Amazon had Seagate 1.5 TB SATA drives for $89 at the time and I bought
> two of them.

OK, but if were me, I would install only one in the computer, and the
other one in an external USB case, which I would use for backup.

> I use Ghost to backup my C: partition frequently,

Back it up to *what*?

> but this was still a huge pain to deal with.

But if your data is important to you, then it's worth the pain.

> I have good surge protection and a UPS.

Good, but they will protect you against some electrical events, not
all. A nearby lightning strike can still wipe you out.

> I'm
> running good virus and malware protection programs

Exactly which programs do you run? If they *are* good, they will
reduce the risk, but not eliminate it.

> and I'm careful about
> where I go and what I do on the internet.

Good. That too *reduces* the risk.

> Do you still think I am just as likely to experience a failure of both
> drives in the RAID array as a failure of just one? If that's true, why
> would anyone use RAID 1?

No, I never suggested that simultaneous drive failure was the danger.
What I said (quoted below) was "Although some people thing of RAID 1
as a backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to
simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most
common dangers threatening your data--severe power glitches, nearby
lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc."

> I'm still looking for an authoritative answer to my original question.
> You are the first MVP who has chimed in on this, so I'm hoping you might
> have the info I need.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>
> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:57:04 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a system using an Intel D945GNT
> >> motherboard. This motherboard has a chipset and BIOS which support RAID
> >> 1. I recently replaced my hard drives with a much larger pair of drives
> >> and would like to setup a RAID 1 array.
> >

> > Why do you want RAID 1?
> >
> > RAID 1 (mirroring) uses two or more drives, each a duplicate of the
> > others, to provide redundancy. It's used in situations where any
> > downtown can't be tolerated (almost always in business situations, not
> > in homes), because the way it works is that if one drive fails the
> > other takes over seamlessly. Although some people thing of RAID 1 as a
> > backup technique, that is *not* what it is, since it's subject to
> > simultaneous loss of the original and the mirror to many of the most
> > common dangers threatening your data--severe power glitches, nearby
> > lightning strikes, virus attacks, theft of the computer, etc.Most
> > companies that use RAID 1 also have a strong external backup plan in
> > place.
> >
> > See "Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea" at
> > http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29
> >

> >> All the partitions from my old
> >> drives have been transferred to one of the new drives, and the second
> >> drive is empty.
> >>
> >> The instructions for installing the RAID drivers say to start Windows
> >> setup and press F6 when prompted to install a third party RAID driver
> >> using the floppy which came with the motherboard.
> >>
> >> This is fine if you are setting up a new system from scratch and haven't
> >> yet installed Windows XP. What I need to know is how to install the RAID
> >> drivers on an existing Windows XP system. Thanks!
> >>
> >> John
> >> --
> >> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> >> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
> >

> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
12/21/2009 5:47:38 PM
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:30:50 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
>
> OK, but if were me, I would install only one in the computer, and the
> other one in an external USB case, which I would use for backup.

Why do you feel this is a better solution than a RAID 1 array?

I could do this assuming I can find an external USB case which supports
a SATA drive. I haven't researched this.

>> I use Ghost to backup my C: partition frequently,
>
> Back it up to *what*?

A Seagate 360GB external USB HD.

>> but this was still a huge pain to deal with.
>
> But if your data is important to you, then it's worth the pain.

Of course, but I'd like to prevent a repeat of this sort of failure if
possible.

>> I'm
>> running good virus and malware protection programs
>
> Exactly which programs do you run? If they *are* good, they will
> reduce the risk, but not eliminate it.

Currently I have Avira Anti-Vir Personal, Windows Defender,
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Ad-Aware v8.1.3 running on this system.

I'm evaluating Microsoft Security Essentials on another system and may
eventually use it in place of Avira and Windows Defender. It's not clear
to me if Microsoft Security Essentials will replace the functionality of
Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware.

>> I'm still looking for an authoritative answer to my original question.
>> You are the first MVP who has chimed in on this, so I'm hoping you might
>> have the info I need.

What I still need to know is how to install the Intel RAID drivers on an
existing Windows XP system without re-installing the OS.

Regards,

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
0
John
12/22/2009 12:20:02 PM
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:20:02 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:

> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:30:50 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
> >
> > OK, but if were me, I would install only one in the computer, and the
> > other one in an external USB case, which I would use for backup.
>
> Why do you feel this is a better solution than a RAID 1 array?

If you would read what I've already written twice in this thread, you
would know the answer to that question. I won't repeat myself again.

> I could do this assuming I can find an external USB case which supports
> a SATA drive. I haven't researched this.
>
> >> I use Ghost to backup my C: partition frequently,
> >
> > Back it up to *what*?
>
> A Seagate 360GB external USB HD.
>
> >> but this was still a huge pain to deal with.
> >
> > But if your data is important to you, then it's worth the pain.
>
> Of course, but I'd like to prevent a repeat of this sort of failure if
> possible.
>
> >> I'm
> >> running good virus and malware protection programs
> >
> > Exactly which programs do you run? If they *are* good, they will
> > reduce the risk, but not eliminate it.
>
> Currently I have Avira Anti-Vir Personal, Windows Defender,
> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Ad-Aware v8.1.3 running on this system.
>
> I'm evaluating Microsoft Security Essentials on another system and may
> eventually use it in place of Avira and Windows Defender. It's not clear
> to me if Microsoft Security Essentials will replace the functionality of
> Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware.
>
> >> I'm still looking for an authoritative answer to my original question.
> >> You are the first MVP who has chimed in on this, so I'm hoping you might
> >> have the info I need.
>
> What I still need to know is how to install the Intel RAID drivers on an
> existing Windows XP system without re-installing the OS.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
12/22/2009 3:00:37 PM
Hi Ken,

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:20:02 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
>
>> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:30:50 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, but if were me, I would install only one in the computer, and the
>>> other one in an external USB case, which I would use for backup.
>> Why do you feel this is a better solution than a RAID 1 array?
>
> If you would read what I've already written twice in this thread, you
> would know the answer to that question. I won't repeat myself again.

I've carefully read what you wrote before. Your principal objection to a
RAID 1 system seems to be that some might use it as a substitute for
doing frequent backups to an external drive. I agree that this would be
a bad idea.

I already do frequent backups and I intend to continue to do so. That
being the case, I don't see why also having a RAID 1 array is a bad idea.

Are there issues with keeping a RAID 1 system performing correctly which
are not immediately apparent? Does it slow down the system to a
significant degree? Or do you just think it's a good idea to not
introduce unnecessary complexity into a system?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just want to better understand
your point of view. I have great respect for the knowledge of the MVP
community. Thanks for your responses and your time.

>> I could do this assuming I can find an external USB case which supports
>> a SATA drive. I haven't researched this.

>>> Back it up to *what*?
>> A Seagate 360GB external USB HD.

>>> But if your data is important to you, then it's worth the pain.
>> Of course, but I'd like to prevent a repeat of this sort of failure if
>> possible.

>>> Exactly which programs do you run? If they *are* good, they will
>>> reduce the risk, but not eliminate it.
>> Currently I have Avira Anti-Vir Personal, Windows Defender,
>> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Ad-Aware v8.1.3 running on this system.
>>
>> I'm evaluating Microsoft Security Essentials on another system and may
>> eventually use it in place of Avira and Windows Defender. It's not clear
>> to me if Microsoft Security Essentials will replace the functionality of
>> Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware.

>> What I still need to know is how to install the Intel RAID drivers on an
>> existing Windows XP system without re-installing the OS.

Regards,

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
0
John
12/22/2009 4:38:11 PM
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:38:11 -0600, John <notme@nospam.org> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> Ken Blake, MVP wrote:

> >> Why do you feel this is a better solution than a RAID 1 array?
> >
> > If you would read what I've already written twice in this thread, you
> > would know the answer to that question. I won't repeat myself again.
>
> I've carefully read what you wrote before. Your principal objection to a
> RAID 1 system seems to be that some might use it as a substitute for
> doing frequent backups to an external drive. I agree that this would be
> a bad idea.

Good, I'm glad you agree.

> I already do frequent backups and I intend to continue to do so. That
> being the case, I don't see why also having a RAID 1 array is a bad idea.

Because, if you are not using it as a substitute for backups and you
are not running a company for which having redundancy is critical, I
see no value in having RAID 1.

> Are there issues with keeping a RAID 1 system performing correctly which
> are not immediately apparent? Does it slow down the system to a
> significant degree?

It writes everything twice. I can't tell you exactly how much that
slows you down, but it has to have some negative effect.

> Or do you just think it's a good idea to not
> introduce unnecessary complexity into a system?

I'm against it for two reasons and two half reasons:

1. The purpose of RAID 1 is to provide redundancy for companies that
can't afford to be down for any length of time. Home users almost
never fall into that category,

2. Most home users who use RAID 1 use it because they think of it as a
good, and easy-to-use backup system. It isn't.

Those are the two important reasons. The half reasons are...

2.5. It will provide at least some negative effect on performance.

2.75. It doubles the cost of your disk drives with no benefit.

> I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just want to better understand
> your point of view. I have great respect for the knowledge of the MVP
> community. Thanks for your responses and your time.

OK, you're welcome, and I apologize for incorrectly assuming that you
were trying to give me a hard time.

> >> I could do this assuming I can find an external USB case which supports
> >> a SATA drive. I haven't researched this.

> >> A Seagate 360GB external USB HD.

> >> Of course, but I'd like to prevent a repeat of this sort of failure if
> >> possible.

> >> Currently I have Avira Anti-Vir Personal, Windows Defender,
> >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Ad-Aware v8.1.3 running on this system.
> >>
> >> I'm evaluating Microsoft Security Essentials on another system and may
> >> eventually use it in place of Avira and Windows Defender. It's not clear
> >> to me if Microsoft Security Essentials will replace the functionality of
> >> Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware.

> >> What I still need to know is how to install the Intel RAID drivers on an
> >> existing Windows XP system without re-installing the OS.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
> --
> Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
> email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Anyone know how to get rid of this POS without installing a different operating system?
If you type 'Uninstall' into Google - the second most popular hit is "Live Messenger" = everyone hates it - and i'm no exception - it's well documented that it's the biggest security leak - it can not be suppressed - of the many fake switches Microsoft have built-into it - none of them will actually disable it (by design) = it's quite obviously a Microsoft trojan - it can not be uninstalled from Vista - it is hidden from regular programs in the control panel - it is hidden from Windows components that can be deactivated despite reading lot of l...

Sharing outlook 2002 on home system and laptop
I want to use Outlook 2002 on my Desktop while I'm at home, and then when I go on the road I want to use it on my laptop (Outlook 2002 is installed on both). Is there an easy way to sync the two together so when I use the laptop I take along all my current e-mail, tasks, appointments, etc. and when I get home the "done" tasks and read e-mail will be reflected on the home system. Thanks ...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

Updates On Windows XP Pro From WSUS
We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Terry1337 wrote: > We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I > determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I > shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Event Log. WSUS console. Etc... -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

xp office update
update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. Please double-check that KB number. Also tell us what error (if any) you get when you attempt to install the update. hank wrote: > update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote: > Please double-check that KB number. Why don't you do that yourself? MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago! <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled "How to upgrade Micro...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

rede xp reconhece placa mas nao obtem ip URGENTE
Estou com um problema para ter acesso a internet, pois minha placa de rede instalada e em funcionabilidade não reconhece o "ipconfig", ocorre um erro interno e não tenho nenhum acesso.A luz da entrada do cabo de rede acende porem não reconhece o ip. tentei usar o ping 127.0.0.0 mais aparece um código de erro numero 2 Olá ! Tiago ! Verifique no Gerenciador de Dispositivos se sua Placa de Rede está instalada corretamente. Você está ligando a sua Placa de Rede em um HUB/Switch ou em um Modem/Router ADSL ? Caso a Placa de Rede ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

excel add-ons

Conversion Annoyance (Acc97 - ver 8) to (XP
G'day all I haven't made the jump to XP yet & still use my ever reliable and trusty Acc97. I did a DB for a friend, who just happens to run OffXP (which is fine), anyways, everything converted fine, except for the annoying popup that appears everytime you start the converted DB. You know the one that warns you of potential viruses, all because there are underlying VBA codes. whats even more annoying is the fact that I can't seem to be able to disable the warning. Does anyone know how to disable the warning, PLEASE. TIA Mark. go: tools->macros-> set to low. -- ...

Map Add-On?

Populating existing data into a new lookup attribute
Hi, I have created a new lookup attribute called 'Primary Contact' by creating a custom entity and creating a relationship. This works fine, I am able to see the lookup attribute when I add it to a form. The problem is that I am trying to populate the lookup attribute with data that is already used in an entity called Contacts. I can't seem to find a way of doing this. I only seem to be able to add new Primary Contacts manually, by clicking the new button on the menu bar. Seems pointless to do this when I already have the data in the Contacts entity. Is anyone able to help me ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...