Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was
running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell
Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any
hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no
result. I have tried
the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found.
Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp
professional? If so HOW! Please help!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:A73F7A24-A427-40EF-BDBC-736D044AF2E6@microsoft.com:

> I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp
> professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I
> took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and
> installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any
> hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix
> it,3hrs and no result. I have tried
> the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver,
> none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd
> cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help!

Google "CD drive not recognized by XP". One of the links will be
to a MS Knowledge Base article with a very simple and quick
registry fix.

--
The arrows are faster than rodents!
- t.

Take a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

--
Peter

"Paul G" <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was
> running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell
> Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any
> hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no
> result. I have tried
> the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found.
> Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp
> professional? If so HOW! Please help!

0
Peter

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

Upgraded OE 6 fails to recognize previous Store directories emails/folders
Dear Sirs, For several months, I had been using IE/Outlook Express 6.0/SP1 with no difficulties. During that time, because of many thousands of Yahoo type group emails, I decided to use my OE 6's Tools--> Options --> Maintenance --> Store Folder option to change my Store Folder from my small C drive, to a folder on my large, external USB D drive. This was working just fine, after exporting once, all of the emails to that drive (except for whenever I forgot to turn on the external/USB drive, then, I would have to go through the above process (except for the export) to change the...

Spam Program Add-in not longer is recognized
I was using "Matador" to sort my spam in outlook. I ran ad-ware and now outlook does not recognize the Matador add-in. My outlook also not stops running more frequently. Any ideas of how to fix? do a detect and repair of outlook and reinstall the spam program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=...

How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-convert-rip-dvd-audio-to-mp3.html][b]How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html][b]Joboshare DVD Ripper[/b][/url] is professional DVD Ripper software, which can rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to AVI and almost all other video and audio formats including [b]AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, DV, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG,[/b] etc. with the highest DVD ripping speed and the best quality.[b]Guide: How to convert and rip music fro...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

DVD not appearing on My Computer
I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus schenanigans. Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin setting). The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer. It does show up on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is enabled and ready to go. I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in itunes. But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load. I then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem with any type of CD/DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to f...

Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no result. I have tried the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help! =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A73F7A24-A427-4...

How to convert DVD to AVI with Leawo DVD to AVI Converter?
Many people are trying to [url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/][b]convert DVD to AVI[/b][/url] for data storage on their computer hard drive. And a lot more people are seeking for a [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/]DVD to AVI[/url][/b] Converter to convert DVD to AVI for video edit. Thus they can upload them to YouTube or MySpace for friends to see. Definitely, they don&rsquo;t want their video to be reduced in quality, so a DVD to AVI converter software with best output quality will be their bad need! What about Leawo DVD to AVI Converter? Is it the right ...

cd/dvd drive not detected
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there. I don't know what else to do, please help. -- raysmith Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware for it? Flash it with that and...

ADC not recognizing migrated accounts
Hello All, I used admt to populate my AD with sidHistory. This step was successfully completed. I then configured a recipient connector from one to site to the AD (we have 11 5.5. sites). I have confýgured just one site at the moment. I didnt configure the NtdsNoMatch value for my resource mailboxes in this site (quite frankly no one can gýve me the details, so i decided to take care of it manually once the migratýon is complete, not sure if this is a good idea). The issue is ADC could not recognize some of the properly migrated accounts. By proper accunts i mean that the...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/w...

Blank DVD disk not recognized by Windows Explorer
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) If this is not the correct newsgroup, please redirect me. About once a month I backup many files onto a blank DVD disk. Currently, if I insert one of those partially full DVDs into my drive-E, it is recognized and everything works normally. When I started my January backup two days ago I find that if I insert a blank DVD Windows Explorer does not recognize it, and tells me to insert a disk. If I then again click on the drive-E, the hour-glass curser appears for several minutes, but nothin...

The specified type was not recognized: name='new_entidad1'
Hello... I have 2 organization in the MSCRM the names of the organization is 'Organizacion1' and 'Organizacion2' also I have one customie entity , the name of the entity is 'new_entidad1'. I need to do a search in an entity that the 'Organizacion2' contains. i use QueryExpression ( this is code i use) CrmService objService = CrmServiceUtility.Helper.GetCrmService("192.168.1.130:5555", "Organizacion2"); QueryExpression query = new QueryExpression(); query.PageInfo = new PagingInfo(); query.PageInfo.Cou...

DVD Booklet
Hi Is it possibel to make a Dvd booklet in MS Publisher.. If yes... Can anyone show it to me Thomas http://www.amtechdisc.com/printspecs/art.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas P" <2045326m001@stofanet.dk> wrote in message news:401e63bd$0$8024$ba624c82@nntp01.dk.telia.net... > Hi > > Is it possibel to make a Dvd booklet in MS Publisher.. > > If yes... Can anyone show it to me > > Thomas > > What is a Dvd booklet? -- Don -------- V...

How to rip DVD movies and convert video to ipad
iPad tablet has a built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, and the battery delivers up to 10 hours of Web surfing via Wi-Fi, music listening, and even watching video or movies. That's quite good, especially for frequent travelers or people who take video or DVD and enjoy on the go. And thanks to its bigger screen and high definition display, with 9.7-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1024-by-768-piexl resolution, they all make iPad perfect for watching any kind of video: from HD movies and TV shows to podcasts and music videos entertainment an utterly new experien...

How to scan a text document that MSWord recognizes as text?
How can I scan a text document from my scanner (HP6280 all in one) and have MS Word recognize it as a text document so I can edit it? Scan it into the OCR software that may have come with your scanner OR Scan it into Microsoft Office Document Imaging (a rudimentary OCR tool that comes with Office but which is not installed by default).. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

DVD+R vs DVD+RW
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW? Seems when I burn to a DVD+R I'm unable to erase the disc. I am told = that it is Write-Protected by Vista Basic when I try to re-format it. But I'm able to erase and re-format the DVD+RW. James ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

Unable to copy dvd to dvd+r
When I right-click on a specific video in the documents ("Why did I get Married too" for example) and select the option "send to" to "Cd Drive (D:)", A message like this pops up "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this folder. What would you like windows to do?" I click "retry" but the same message just pops up again. What is the problem and how do I fix it? -- All Good Things Must Come To An End...Especially The Ones Involving The Heart. ...

USB device not recognized, any port, any device
I have an Acer travelmate 4230 with Windows vista business installed. All of a sudden for no apparent reason approximately 2 days ago my PC stop recognizing ANY USB device (being the built-in cam, iPod and other USB's) that is being attached to ANY of the ports. I Checked disk for any errors and ran a full system scan for viruses and nothing came up. What can I do to fix this? -- Sincerely Kevin Kevin Baykr wrote: > I have an Acer travelmate 4230 with Windows vista business installed. > All of a sudden for no apparent reason approximately 2 days ago my PC stop >...

Can Publisher be used to print directly on white CD's or DVD's?
I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for labeling. Their software is terrible. They suggest a half dozen others, but not Publisher. I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already made in Publisher for previous projects. Is there any way to use them with the Epson? More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects? Thanks for any help or suggestions. Leo Have you tried? I know nothing about printing directly onto a disk, but I do know you can setup...

DVD back ups
Having saved files to floppy disk successfully for a number of years I am trying to do the same with DVD's but am having some problems using the 'Send To' command and was looking at other ways. 1) Do I need any special software such as Nero? 2) It seems that if I have saved a file on DVD-RW named e.g AJ I can't overwrite it as I can with floppy disk but have to give it a new name such as AJ1 - is this correct? 3) It is possible to delete individual files on the DVD-RW as you can on floppy disk or does the entire disk have to be wiped/formatted. Many thanks Andrew...

CD / DVD Drive Missing?
No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer. When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error message, nothing. -- g0dfather http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/missing_CD-DVD_drives.html -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "g0dfather" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:5f23729d3595d90a5eaccc451106437c@nntp-gateway.com... > > No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on...

How to convert DVD to AVI MPEG WMV DivX MP4 MOV on Mac
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-rip-dvd-on-mac-with-mac-dvd-converter.html][b]How to convert DVD to AVI MPEG WMV DivX MP4 MOV on Mac with Mac DVD Converter?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/mac-dvd-converter.html]AVCWare Mac DVD Converter[/url] is powerful and ideal DVD ripper software for Mac users to rip your DVD movie to video/audio files like [b]rip DVD to MPEG, rip DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, 3GP videos,[/b] and [b]rip DVD to MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, audio formats,[/b] etc. Furthermore, you can complete clip any segments, merge several files into ...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD Ripper
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/wond-dvd-ripper-mac.html ) (F...

Usb Not Recognized
Hi everyone :) I'm having a serious problem with a ''USB NOT RECOGNIZED ERROR'' whenever i plug a usb device into any of the four usb ports on my laptop. This started happening about a week ago and i've since being trying all sorts to fix this issue. I'm using a laptop Fujitsu siemens amilo li 1718 Vista home premium 32 bit Processor - genuine intel(R) CPU T2130 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz Ram - 1918 Mb I have tried uninstalling all the USB ports and hub in device manger a million times and again and again in safe mode. All the drivers on my mother boa...