Blank DVD-R problems

my winxp home edition suddenly stopped "seeing" blank discs - it WILL play
dvds (even burned ones), audio cd, data discs, but won't recognize blanks.
There is no option for blank media in Autoplay also, tried Nero9 (latest),
ImgBurn, Dvd Shrink, (rememering to uninstall accordingly) to no avail - any
ideas?

thx in adv.

Petey

Maybe the following
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

--
Peter

"Petey" <Petey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my winxp home edition suddenly stopped "seeing" blank discs - it WILL play
> dvds (even burned ones), audio cd, data discs, but won't recognize blanks.
> There is no option for blank media in Autoplay also, tried Nero9 (latest),
> ImgBurn, Dvd Shrink, (rememering to uninstall accordingly) to no avail - any
> ideas?
>
> thx in adv.

0
Peter
3/18/2010 10:35:55 PM
  A brand name might help...Either way,most all cdrom,cdrw,dvd,dvdrw
 hardware have firmware updates,go to its mfg web site & install it.Also,
 in device mgr,R.click on the hardware,select "uninstall",do not restart
pc,once
 thru,close out,exit xp,shutdown pc..Connect the hardware to another IDE or
 SATA connection,start pc,xp will reinstall it on restart.

"Petey" wrote:

> my winxp home edition suddenly stopped "seeing" blank discs - it WILL play
> dvds (even burned ones), audio cd, data discs, but won't recognize blanks.
> There is no option for blank media in Autoplay also, tried Nero9 (latest),
> ImgBurn, Dvd Shrink, (rememering to uninstall accordingly) to no avail - any
> ideas?
>
> thx in adv.

Problems With Out Of Office
Have a network of 20 pc's running win2000 with office 2000 prof linked to MS sbs 2000. several machines have developed the fault where their out of office assistant is setup fine but does not work. this number pf machines is slowly increaseing. HELP. ...

help me please! windows media center problem(s)! (does same on 360
windows media center is gathering all my system sounds along with my songs into the library and when i play 360 it is so annoying because sometimes i can have 5 different system sounds in a row between songs so i have to keep the remote handy. any solutions? deleting them from windows library would help when on computer but i figure it would be gathered again when on the 360 streaming from the computer. thanks in advance rami5079@gmail.com or the forum if its too much of a inconvenience. What version of WMP and Windows? Make sure that WMP's list of monitored folder...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Mailing Address Problem
I have the following types of records: 1) Accounts for my business relationships 2) Accounts for my Clients. 3) Contacts under both of these types of Accounts 4) Contacts not associated with any of these Accounts. Some of these records have a Home Address, Some have a Business Address, so have both. I need a solution so I can run a query that brings up all these types of accounts and contacts (I already have this) but allows me to say send to a mailing address, which may be the Home or Business Address. This would be similar to the solution Outlook provides by letting you check off...

DLookUp And DMin Problem
Would you please tell me the problem of the following: DLookUp("OrderQty","[Current_Purchasing_Order1]","[Current_Purchasing_Order1].PN='"& Stock.PN &"' And [Current_Purchasing_Order1].IssueDate='Dmin("IssueDate","[Current_Purchasing_Order1]","[Current_Purchasing_Order1].PN='"& Stock.PN &"'")'") Hello "Shell". "Shell" wrote: > Would you please tell me the problem of the following: > > DLookUp("OrderQty","[Current_Purchasing_Ord...

Payroll and H/R should be integrated both ways
As it is now, if you have H/R you must input data through H/R if you want both Payroll and H/R to be able to access that data. But even if you "get to" pay codes from the H/R menu you're actually still in Payroll and still need to reconcile payroll and H/R. These two modules need to be fully integrated; emphasis on "fully." If a user inputs data in any module in payroll that also exists in H/R then it should be available in H/R without running a Reconcile Utility. Build the software right. Let's face it, the reconcile utility is a fix for poor design. -...

Starting Excel Problem
Hi All! I have installed windows XP followed by SP2. So I installed Office 2003. Every time I start excel it shows me a message saying "Instalando : recurso do Microsoft Excel" (In English is "Installing : Component (or resource) of Microsoft Excel" I think). It happens every time I start excel and take a minute and it is annoying me very much. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance Everton Brasil ...

Two Excel 2007 problems..
1st - When I open Excel multiple files open in the same instance of the program. How do I make the open in a separate instance? I have a dual monitor setup. I'd like to be able to open two files, and have one on one window, one on another. 2nd - In trying to find a solution for the above, I did something and now everytime I open a file it tries to open 3 files that do not exist anymore, thus I have to click OK 3 times everytime I start up Excel. How do I fix this? I know I went into Tools, Folder Options, File Types, but can't seem to get rid of the problem in there. ...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

embarrassing problem
This is one of those stupid little things I feel embarrassed to ask about. I am trying to link a cell from one worksheet to another cell in a different worksheet within the same workbook. (ex. the formula in Sheet2!A1 is =Sheet1!A1). Something I have done a million times. For some reason, instead if showing the value of the linked cell, what appears in the cell is the formula itself. It's like there was an apostrophe ( ' ) at the start of the formula to make it text but there isn't. What the heck is going on and why does the formula appear instead of the data? -rick Hi Maybe ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Problems copying from PDF file
When I copy an object from an Adobe Reader file and paste it into a Publisher file, I have two problems: object loses its sharpness and when I print it out, it prints out in a solid black block. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. What happens if you copy and paste into an editing program and save and then insert into Publisher. What happens if you select "paste special" and designate a specific format? What is the resolution of the picture? Where did you get the PDF? Do you have an URL? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

Exchange server Problem !!
i get in event viewer this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2103 Date: 12/25/2003 Time: 12:41:44 PM User: N/A Computer: Server_Name Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=304). All Global Catalog Servers in use are not responding: Server.domain_name.com For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. please Help ME!!!!!!! Here is the information in http://eventid.net. Hope it helps.... http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2103&source=MSExchangeDSAccess -- Regards, Hank Arnold "RoiE" ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Re:excel attachment problem
I have a problem with opening an excel file attachment on Outlook Express. All other attachments are fine. Error message: Cannot find the file C:\Windows\temporary Internet Files\Content Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. How do I correct this? If you have a solution, please let me know? I've had different anomalies occur when I've tried the same thing directly from OE6. I don't know the precise answer but I've found that it worked OK if I detached them and opened from wherever they are placed. -- Regards; Rob...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

problems with graphics in word
I have webpages that I made in Word for Windows (office xp for students and teachers version 2002) but when I edit them and then preview them in word for mac(office for mac for students and teachers 2004), I get weird code on the top of the page and the graphics (jpegs and gifs) disappear (this happens when you view the page in Safari or Firefox and in IE the whole page is now gibberish).I've also noticed that when people send me word docs with graphics, the graphics don't show when I open the attachments in word. How do I fix this? Also posted on the Word group, look there fo...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

A On Open problem
Hi, The same problem again. On the main ("MainF") form is a subform ("SubF") that displays a datasheet. When displayed, I want the cursor to be set on the first record of the datasheet. I hope I'm using the correct terms ! To do so, in the On Open event of the SubF I put the following line : DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "SubF", acFirst and got a message saying the form is not open yet. I also tried me![SubF].setfocus but that did not do it either. Would somebody have a suggestion on how to set the cursor on the first record when ...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...

Popup blocker paradigm is T E R R I B L E !!!
I've always primarily used IE. I'm not interested in a religious debtate about browsers. It's just convenient. Well, this popup blocker is getting more and more unacceptable and I've started using Firefox, because I just can't take it any longer! Typical scenario: I go to a site. Select North America on a fancy map. Then select US on a subsequent prompt. There's the popup notification bar. So I have to enable popups temporarily. WAIT! The page has RELOADED and I have to start all over again! I wrestled with this STUPID DESIGN to the point where I wa...

BLANK FORM / QUERY
My database is pretty basic with tables, forms, queries etc. I'd like to display a form that allows me to type in a figure in the first field and the rest of the fields will populate automatically. I'm not sure how to create a query where the field awaits input. Thanks in advance. -- TomMurray In the query's criteria box, use square brackets: [Enter a value] or from a form: [Forms]![FormName]![txBoxName] in the first case, you will be prompted. In the second, you will only be prompted if the form isn't open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...