1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption

I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as
well.  I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined.

I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for
the drive as Z:).  Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles
down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back...

XP Pro, SP3,  what else would help the experts?

Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.?
Neil
"Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned
>as
> well.  I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined.
>
> I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for
> the drive as Z:).  Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles
> down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back...
>
> XP Pro, SP3,  what else would help the experts?

0
neil
3/7/2010 7:46:23 PM
G: has never shown up in the Disk Manager but does show up in "fsutil fsinfo
drives".  So, no, I found no way to "remove" the drive.  I did delete the
device z: in the Disk Manger prior to reformatting.

Tried dismounting G: via fsutil but no joy.

"neil" wrote:

> Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.?
> Neil
> "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned
> >as
> > well.  I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined.
> >
> > I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for
> > the drive as Z:).  Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles
> > down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back...
> >
> > XP Pro, SP3,  what else would help the experts?
>

> .

There's probably minor corruption in this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

Assuming you have somewhat of a basic setup, make a restore point and
delete that key and reboot. Windows will re-enumerate all drive letters.

Note that if you have moved "system objects" such as the paging file or
My Documents, or if you have changed the default letter for volumes
(including adding or subtracting drives), you may have to redo all or
some of that.

Depending on your setup, there may be some risk.. Hence the restore
point. ;)

On 3/7/2010 20:14, Le wrote:
> G: has never shown up in the Disk Manager but does show up in "fsutil fsinfo
> drives".  So, no, I found no way to "remove" the drive.  I did delete the
> device z: in the Disk Manger prior to reformatting.
>
> Tried dismounting G: via fsutil but no joy.
>
> "neil" wrote:
>
>> Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.?
>> Neil
>> "Le"<Le@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote in message
>>> I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned
>>> as
>>> well.  I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined.
>>>
>>> I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for
>>> the drive as Z:).  Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles
>>> down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back...
>>>
>>> XP Pro, SP3,  what else would help the experts?
>>

>> .

0
Bill
3/8/2010 1:59:02 AM
Thx Bill - did that and G: & Z: are still present based on "fsutil fsinfo
drives".  My Y: drive went away and is presented as just H:.  I used Disk
Manager to change the ID of the H: partition to Y: and I now have H: & Y: for
it.

"Le" wrote:

> Thx Bill - did that and G: & Z: are still present based on "fsutil fsinfo
> drives".  My Y: drive went away and is presented as just H:.  I used Disk
> Manager to change the ID of the H: partition to Y: and I now have H: & Y: for
> it.

Further - I looked at the MountedDevices enty for H: and it look identical
to Y: - deleted it, rebooted, and H: went away.  Z: however, has a wildly
different key from G:'s.  Would it be reasonable to replace Z:'s with G:'s
then reboot?

> "Bill Blanton" wrote:
>
> > There's probably minor corruption in this registry key:
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
> >
> > Assuming you have somewhat of a basic setup, make a restore point and
> > delete that key and reboot. Windows will re-enumerate all drive letters.
> >
> > Note that if you have moved "system objects" such as the paging file or
> > My Documents, or if you have changed the default letter for volumes
> > (including adding or subtracting drives), you may have to redo all or
> > some of that.
> >
> > Depending on your setup, there may be some risk.. Hence the restore
> > point. ;)
> >

> > On 3/7/2010 20:14, Le wrote:
> > > G: has never shown up in the Disk Manager but does show up in "fsutil fsinfo
> > > drives".  So, no, I found no way to "remove" the drive.  I did delete the
> > > device z: in the Disk Manger prior to reformatting.
> > >
> > > Tried dismounting G: via fsutil but no joy.

> > .

Try this, even though it should do the same thing Bill suggested:

Open a command prompt, and type the following, and hit Enter:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Next type the following and hit Enter:
start devmgmt.msc

When Device Manager opens, click the View menu>  Show Hidden Devices

Expand the Disk Drives category and delete every entry there.
Expand the Storage Volume Shadow Copies category and delete everything
there.
Expand the Storage Volumes category and delete every entry there.
Expand the USB Controllers category and delete every phantom (grayed
out) entry there....all the USB Mass Storage and Unknown Devices.

Assuming the drive letters at issue are attached to the IDE or SATA
controllers, expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers category and delete
every entry there.

Close Device Manager and the command prompt window, and reboot.  When
Windows starts, it will enumerate your controllers and drives.  Reboot
again if prompted.

See if there is any change.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

> "Le" wrote:
>
>> Thx Bill - did that and G: & Z: are still present based on "fsutil
>> fsinfo
>> drives".  My Y: drive went away and is presented as just H:.  I used
>> Disk
>> Manager to change the ID of the H: partition to Y: and I now have H:
>> & Y: for
>> it.
>
> Further - I looked at the MountedDevices enty for H: and it look
> identical
> to Y: - deleted it, rebooted, and H: went away.  Z: however, has a
> wildly
> different key from G:'s.  Would it be reasonable to replace Z:'s with
> G:'s
> then reboot?
>

>> "Bill Blanton" wrote:
>>
>> > There's probably minor corruption in this registry key:
>> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
>> >
>> > Assuming you have somewhat of a basic setup, make a restore point
>> > and
>> > delete that key and reboot. Windows will re-enumerate all drive
>> > letters.
>> >
>> > Note that if you have moved "system objects" such as the paging
>> > file or
>> > My Documents, or if you have changed the default letter for volumes
>> > (including adding or subtracting drives), you may have to redo all
>> > or
>> > some of that.
>> >
>> > Depending on your setup, there may be some risk.. Hence the restore
>> > point. ;)

>> > .

0
glee
3/8/2010 5:04:21 AM
Le wrote:

> "Le" wrote:
>
>> Thx Bill - did that and G: & Z: are still present based on "fsutil fsinfo
>> drives".  My Y: drive went away and is presented as just H:.  I used Disk
>> Manager to change the ID of the H: partition to Y: and I now have H: & Y: for
>> it.
>
> Further - I looked at the MountedDevices enty for H: and it look identical
> to Y: - deleted it, rebooted, and H: went away.  Z: however, has a wildly
> different key from G:'s.  Would it be reasonable to replace Z:'s with G:'s
> then reboot?

Things that I would try:

1-  If you have information or partitions that you want to keep on the
disk you can rewrite the disk signature and force Windows to reenumerate
the disk and its partitions.  To rewrite the signature boot the computer
with a Windows 98 Startup floppy and issue the FDISK /MBR command
against the disk, this will rewrite the disk signature but it will leave
partitions intact.

2-  If you can afford to lose all the information on the disk then you
can force a reinitialization of the disk in several manners, two of them:

A-  Download a disk diagnostic utility from the disk manufacturer's site
and have it zero out the first few sectors on the drive, no need to zero
out the whole disk if the utility offers an option to only rewrite the
first sectors but other than take more time it won't hurt to rewrite the
whole disk.

B- Use the Windows built-in Diskpart command line tool and use the Clean
parameter to clear the disk.  Be  careful with Diskpart, slippy fingers
or a lapse of attention can result in data loss!

John

>> "Bill Blanton" wrote:
>>
>>> There's probably minor corruption in this registry key:
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
>>>
>>> Assuming you have somewhat of a basic setup, make a restore point and
>>> delete that key and reboot. Windows will re-enumerate all drive letters.
>>>
>>> Note that if you have moved "system objects" such as the paging file or
>>> My Documents, or if you have changed the default letter for volumes
>>> (including adding or subtracting drives), you may have to redo all or
>>> some of that.
>>>
>>> Depending on your setup, there may be some risk.. Hence the restore
>>> point. ;)

>>> .

0
John
3/8/2010 2:26:57 PM
Thx John John.  I had already deleted the disk and reformatted it then
restored from a backup.  If this didn't accomplish all of what you indicated
please elucidate and I may be able to try it.

Gen & John John:
A couple of observations - the drive is configured as Dynamic.  Don't
remember doing anything special to create it this way.  It's a single
partition on a Hitachi DeskStar.  The reason I point out the latter is that
it showed up in the USB devices as an unknown for a brief while.  Curious.

It appears I'm unable to remove all the devices under IDE ATA/ATAPI and Disk
Drives at one time as the GUI requires me to reboot or the device won't be
removed.  I can remove the Z: drive's entries but not the C: & Y: drives'
entries.

Le wrote:
> Thx John John.  I had already deleted the disk and reformatted it then
> restored from a backup.  If this didn't accomplish all of what you indicated
> please elucidate and I may be able to try it.
>
> Gen & John John:
> A couple of observations - the drive is configured as Dynamic.  Don't
> remember doing anything special to create it this way.  It's a single
> partition on a Hitachi DeskStar.  The reason I point out the latter is that
> it showed up in the USB devices as an unknown for a brief while.  Curious.
>
> It appears I'm unable to remove all the devices under IDE ATA/ATAPI and Disk
> Drives at one time as the GUI requires me to reboot or the device won't be
> removed.  I can remove the Z: drive's entries but not the C: & Y: drives'
> entries.

The drive letters have really nothing to do with the hardware aspect of
the controller and disk and all to do with the disk and partition
signatures and the Mount Manager's database at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices.  You can delete remove all the
controllers and disks in the Device Manager or move the disks about from
one controller to another but the Mount Manager will keep it's drive
letter assignments as long as the disk signatures and partitions remain
the same.  Formatting your drive did not touch the disk signature, it
should have removed the assigned letters but it seems that there is a
glitch with the letters assigned to the disk and rewriting the disk
signature or zeroing out the first sector (MBR) should take care of
this.  A wholesale purge of the Mount Manager's database will also do
the trick but that is usually a "when all else fails" solution...

John

> "John John - MVP" wrote:

>>> Further - I looked at the MountedDevices enty for H: and it look identical
>>> to Y: - deleted it, rebooted, and H: went away.  Z: however, has a wildly
>>> different key from G:'s.  Would it be reasonable to replace Z:'s with G:'s
>>> then reboot?
>> Things that I would try:
>>
>> 1-  If you have information or partitions that you want to keep on the
>> disk you can rewrite the disk signature and force Windows to reenumerate
>> the disk and its partitions.  To rewrite the signature boot the computer
>> with a Windows 98 Startup floppy and issue the FDISK /MBR command
>> against the disk, this will rewrite the disk signature but it will leave
>> partitions intact.
>>
>> 2-  If you can afford to lose all the information on the disk then you
>> can force a reinitialization of the disk in several manners, two of them:
>>
>> A-  Download a disk diagnostic utility from the disk manufacturer's site
>> and have it zero out the first few sectors on the drive, no need to zero
>> out the whole disk if the utility offers an option to only rewrite the
>> first sectors but other than take more time it won't hurt to rewrite the
>> whole disk.
>>
>> B- Use the Windows built-in Diskpart command line tool and use the Clean
>> parameter to clear the disk.  Be  careful with Diskpart, slippy fingers
>> or a lapse of attention can result in data loss!
>>
>> John

>> .

0
John
3/8/2010 6:38:57 PM
Le wrote:
> Thx John John.  I had already deleted the disk and reformatted it then
> restored from a backup.  If this didn't accomplish all of what you indicated
> please elucidate and I may be able to try it.
>
> Gen & John John:
> A couple of observations - the drive is configured as Dynamic.  Don't
> remember doing anything special to create it this way.  It's a single
> partition on a Hitachi DeskStar.  The reason I point out the latter is that
> it showed up in the USB devices as an unknown for a brief while.  Curious.

On Dynamic Disks the partition information is held in the LDM database.
    If you don't need dynamic disks revert the disk to a Basic Disk.  In
the Disk Management console right click on the disk (the big button at
the very left) and select the option to revert the disk to a basic disk,
all information on the disk will be lost.

John
0
John
3/8/2010 6:43:53 PM
On 3/8/2010 13:38, John John - MVP wrote:

> The drive letters have really nothing to do with the hardware aspect of
> the controller and disk and all to do with the disk and partition
> signatures and the Mount Manager's database at
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices. You can delete remove all the
> controllers and disks in the Device Manager or move the disks about from
> one controller to another but the Mount Manager will keep it's drive
> letter assignments as long as the disk signatures and partitions remain
> the same. Formatting your drive did not touch the disk signature, it
> should have removed the assigned letters but it seems that there is a
> glitch with the letters assigned to the disk and rewriting the disk
> signature or zeroing out the first sector (MBR) should take care of
> this. A wholesale purge of the Mount Manager's database will also do the
> trick but that is usually a "when all else fails" solution...

That's the problem. He did purge hklm\system\mounteddevices. When he
tried to change a drive letter afterward, to what it was originally, he
ended up with two letters for the one volume. Also, one volume was
apparently enumerated twice on its own. See below.

>>> Things that I would try:
>>>
>>> 1- If you have information or partitions that you want to keep on the
>>> disk you can rewrite the disk signature and force Windows to
>>> reenumerate the disk and its partitions. To rewrite the signature
>>> boot the computer with a Windows 98 Startup floppy and issue the
>>> FDISK /MBR command against the disk, this will rewrite the disk
>>> signature but it will leave partitions intact.
>>>
>>> 2- If you can afford to lose all the information on the disk then you
>>> can force a reinitialization of the disk in several manners, two of
>>> them:
>>>
>>> A- Download a disk diagnostic utility from the disk manufacturer's
>>> site and have it zero out the first few sectors on the drive, no need
>>> to zero out the whole disk if the utility offers an option to only
>>> rewrite the first sectors but other than take more time it won't hurt
>>> to rewrite the whole disk.
>>>
>>> B- Use the Windows built-in Diskpart command line tool and use the
>>> Clean parameter to clear the disk. Be careful with Diskpart, slippy
>>> fingers or a lapse of attention can result in data loss!
>>>
>>> John

>>> .

0
Bill
3/8/2010 8:52:04 PM
I just thought of this. You did reboot after deleting the key, correct?

On 3/7/2010 22:39, Le wrote:
> Thx Bill - did that and G:&  Z: are still present based on "fsutil fsinfo
> drives".  My Y: drive went away and is presented as just H:.  I used Disk
> Manager to change the ID of the H: partition to Y: and I now have H:&  Y: for
> it.
>
> "Bill Blanton" wrote:
>
>> There's probably minor corruption in this registry key:
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
>>
>> Assuming you have somewhat of a basic setup, make a restore point and
>> delete that key and reboot. Windows will re-enumerate all drive letters.
>>
>> Note that if you have moved "system objects" such as the paging file or
>> My Documents, or if you have changed the default letter for volumes
>> (including adding or subtracting drives), you may have to redo all or
>> some of that.
>>
>> Depending on your setup, there may be some risk.. Hence the restore
>> point. ;)
>>

>> On 3/7/2010 20:14, Le wrote:
>>> G: has never shown up in the Disk Manager but does show up in "fsutil fsinfo
>>> drives".  So, no, I found no way to "remove" the drive.  I did delete the
>>> device z: in the Disk Manger prior to reformatting.
>>>
>>> Tried dismounting G: via fsutil but no joy.

>> .

0
Bill
3/8/2010 8:54:49 PM
Bill Blanton wrote:
> On 3/8/2010 13:38, John John - MVP wrote:
>
>> The drive letters have really nothing to do with the hardware aspect of
>> the controller and disk and all to do with the disk and partition
>> signatures and the Mount Manager's database at
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices. You can delete remove all the
>> controllers and disks in the Device Manager or move the disks about from
>> one controller to another but the Mount Manager will keep it's drive
>> letter assignments as long as the disk signatures and partitions remain
>> the same. Formatting your drive did not touch the disk signature, it
>> should have removed the assigned letters but it seems that there is a
>> glitch with the letters assigned to the disk and rewriting the disk
>> signature or zeroing out the first sector (MBR) should take care of
>> this. A wholesale purge of the Mount Manager's database will also do the
>> trick but that is usually a "when all else fails" solution...
>
> That's the problem. He did purge hklm\system\mounteddevices. When he
> tried to change a drive letter afterward, to what it was originally, he
> ended up with two letters for the one volume. Also, one volume was
> apparently enumerated twice on its own. See below.

He later says that he has a dynamic disk and that the dynamic disk was
created without his knowledge.  He should reinitialize the disk.

0
John
3/8/2010 8:59:26 PM
Yep.

"neil" wrote:

> Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.?
> Neil
> "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned
> >as
> > well.  I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined.
> >
> > I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for
> > the drive as Z:).  Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles
> > down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back...
> >
> > XP Pro, SP3,  what else would help the experts?
>

> .

Sure did.

"Bill Blanton" wrote:

> I just thought of this. You did reboot after deleting the key, correct?

To All - thx profusely.  You've pointed me at areas of ignorance of Windows
that I need to fill in before I move forward on this.  I think I want to
retain the problem disk as dynamic as it is my data repository while the
other partitions are OS, Programs, and Temp/work files.

I need to get an understanding of the LDM and features surrounding its
management and also concepts of disk signatures etc.   So, it will probably
be a week or more before I check in with results / further queries.

If any of you have URLs for particularly concise coverage of the issues of
the LDM, Windows disk signatures, etc.  I'm open.

Thx again.

Le wrote:
> To All - thx profusely.  You've pointed me at areas of ignorance of Windows
> that I need to fill in before I move forward on this.  I think I want to
> retain the problem disk as dynamic as it is my data repository while the
> other partitions are OS, Programs, and Temp/work files.
>
> I need to get an understanding of the LDM and features surrounding its
> management and also concepts of disk signatures etc.   So, it will probably
> be a week or more before I check in with results / further queries.
>
> If any of you have URLs for particularly concise coverage of the issues of
> the LDM, Windows disk signatures, etc.  I'm open.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329707
Best practices for using dynamic disks on Windows 2000-based computers

John
0
John
3/10/2010 3:01:59 AM
Basic Storage Versus Dynamic Storage in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314343

How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044

Converting Basic Disks to Dynamic Disks
http://www.theeldergeek.com/hard_drives_10.htm

--

> To All - thx profusely.  You've pointed me at areas of ignorance of
> Windows
> that I need to fill in before I move forward on this.  I think I want
> retain the problem disk as dynamic as it is my data repository while
> the
> other partitions are OS, Programs, and Temp/work files.
>
> I need to get an understanding of the LDM and features surrounding its
> management and also concepts of disk signatures etc.   So, it will
> probably
> be a week or more before I check in with results / further queries.
>
> If any of you have URLs for particularly concise coverage of the
> issues of
> the LDM, Windows disk signatures, etc.  I'm open.
>
> Thx again.
>
> "John John - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Le wrote:
>> > Thx John John.  I had already deleted the disk and reformatted it
>> > then
>> > restored from a backup.  If this didn't accomplish all of what you
>> > indicated
>> > please elucidate and I may be able to try it.
>> >
>> > Gen & John John:
>> > A couple of observations - the drive is configured as Dynamic.
>> > Don't
>> > remember doing anything special to create it this way.  It's a
>> > single
>> > partition on a Hitachi DeskStar.  The reason I point out the latter
>> > is that
>> > it showed up in the USB devices as an unknown for a brief while.
>> > Curious.
>>
>> On Dynamic Disks the partition information is held in the LDM
>> database.
>>     If you don't need dynamic disks revert the disk to a Basic Disk.
>> In
>> the Disk Management console right click on the disk (the big button
>> at
>> the very left) and select the option to revert the disk to a basic
>> disk,
>> all information on the disk will be lost.
>>
>> John
>> .

0
glee

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

Why Are My Posts 1 Hour Ahead
I just noticed that the time of my posts is one hour ahead of everyone else's. I'm using Outlook Express with Windows 98 Second Edition to read this newsgroup and the time on my computer's clock is correct, and is the time that appears with my posts. I recently reloaded all of my software so I probably missed something because I know this was not a problem before the reconfiguration of my computer. TIA PC That was easy enough. PC "Paul Corrado" <pcorrado@theavocetgroup.com> wrote in message news:%236iquP0aDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just notice...

RMS 1.3 #3
i read in discussion board that RMS 1.3 will only work with windows 2003 and XP. Is it just for the work stations or our server has to be also 2003 and higher also. ...

Adobe Acrobat #2
Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but the information should be seen in columns and rows and possible edited. Thank You Helo- You can Insert it as a picture/object, but Excel cannot read the data content of the file into cells for editing... At least not on its own. One of the reasons for a .pdf is to prevent others from changing the content. Regards |:>) "DKS1" wrote: > Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel > spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but th...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Moving Emails form Outlook to an external hard drive
Hi there and thank you for looking at this point. I am trying to easily move e-mails from my Microsoft Outlook 2007 to a folder on an external hard drive. Currently, at the moment I have to open up the folder I will be adding e-mails to, go into Outlook and drag the e-mails to that folder. Is there any way of setting up short cut Folders within Outlooks "Mail Folders pain" so that I can just drop e-mails into those folders and know the e-mail will be copied across? All the very best, and thens for your help in advance. John Squirrel -- John Squirrel "John Squirrel&q...

Append from 1 table to 2 tables
I have a reservation application that I have obtained reservation data from an email message (daqta from which is entered into the tblWorking table). The email shows travel information either one-way or round trip. One way is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX". Round trip is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX-PRC". Depending on the O/W or R/T direction(s), I insert the number one (1) for O/W or the number two (2) for R/T. The form used by the application has a main form (Reservations table) and an embedded subform (ReservationDetails table). The main form h...

Message Box #2
Is there a way to have a message box or drop down box open when acessin a work sheet within a excel spread sheet that prompts for informatio thats linked to another sheet and cell. For instance the box woul prompt the user to input Sales and Estimate Sales both imputs would g to a different sheet and different cells. Thanks for any assistance i advanc -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278...

Akuzuki 1 1/2" Galvanized Hardwood Flooring Staples (5,000)
Price:$28.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001N1K28K Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001N1K28K Compatible with Bostitch MIIIFS; True Value 407619, Akuzuki. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Akuzuki Top Quality Pneumatic Hardwood Floor Flooring Air Cleat Nailers:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000Q38KOO ...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

2400 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack)
Price:$43.50 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000NMJ2WM Reaches 99% efficiency on particles 5 microns or larger. Improves efficiency and increases longevity of HVAC systems when properly used and maintained. High efficiency filter media collects small dust particles before they can collect on your coils. This product is listed and rated by Underwriters Laboratories as U.L. Class 2. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 2200 Accordion MERV 10 Aprilaire and Space-Gard Replacement Filter (2 Pack):http://thediscountda...

In Excel, how can I let 1 * a = a?
Hi everyone, Say I have two cells, one has a value (0 or 1), and the second has a text abrevation such as a or b,....etc. A B 1 ab 0 ca 1 dd 1 ww When I type A1*B1, for example, I get #VALUE! stuff!! How can let it come out like this? ab 0 dd ww Regards, Mike =IF(A1, B1, A1) should do it or more explicitly =IF(A1=1, B1, 0) -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Michael" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:118f1485.0410080733.a6cd276@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > Say I have two cells, one has...

spam #2
how can i make my message rules work with spam that has all the messages in a graphic??? so it doesn't recognize words like - uh, gee, well - Viagra for instance!!!! Also my message rules seem to have stopped working as effectively as they were. Are there limits. Also i downloaded coffee spam blocker, but I can't get it to actually function. thanks for your help. Please post the responses. going crazy in spamland ...

Custom Date Format #2
When working with data from a spreadsheet which originated from a much earlier version of Excel (Excel95, I believe), which I'm now trying to use with Excel 2003. I'm having trouble with the formatting of the date being interpreted as a formula and forcing an equals sign "=" to appear next to the data. When the file is first opened, the original data appears correctly. However, after editing the data in the field and pressing the 'enter' key, the date displayed on the sheet shows "00-Jan-00". When I use the arrow keys to go back up to that parti...

Office Setup for 1 user
I have 3 users on my computer. I am using Vista Business and office 2007. 2 of the three users use office 2003. My question is this. Is it possible to install 2003 for the other 2 users and 2007 just for me. I know some programs allow yoou to install per user but don't know if it is possible with office. You need to read the terms of the end user license agreement (EULA) that came with your software. Even versions of Office have different terms. If you can't find it, you may be able to look it up here: Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licens...

Add timer to a dll #2
I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. Is it possible and how? Regards galia "Galia" <galia@mandi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Om$9Mj8CIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. >Is > it possible and how? > Regards > > galia > > > Hi Galia, i think i gave you a answer to this on some another NG. You should work with a hidden window to get timer messages. As far as i know, this is the most effective method. Maybe someone else has a better s...

Merge / Collate Workbooks into 1 workbook
Grateful for help with this urgent problem, which requires automation: I've got 50 workbooks Each workbook is named after an Area Each workbook contains: Cell A1, Column Header 'Area' Cell B1, Column Header 'Zip Code' A2 to unknown number of rows contains the Area Name B2 to unknown number of rows contains different zip codes relating t that area I want to merge/collate all this data into one workbook. Please se example below: AREA ZIP COD Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 Chi...

Limit a field to 3 digits 1 capital letter 1nd 2 numbers
Hi I want to use Data Validation to restric user for data entries I need that the user use this format in column B: 1 letter in capital and 2 numbers like A02 or S31 or T11 or M45 ..... I have try many custom formula without success I would also would like that within a range in column B that it would be without duplicate Thanks for helping hi Jean, =AND(LEN(A1)=3,NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,1,1))),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,2,1)),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,3,1)),EXACT(MID(A1,1,1),PROPER(MID(A1,1,1)))) -- isabelle Le 2011-12-13 10:50, jean a �crit : > Hi > > I want to use Data Validation to res...

what api or function to use to check if blank CD is in the CDROM drive??
What api or function to use to check if new blank CD-RW is in the CDROM drive?? GetDriveType() only gives you info about the type of drives on your computer nothing on whether a diskette or CD is in your drive. Lets say d: is your cd-rom drive and you try SetCurrentDirectory(d:\) it will always fail for a new blank cd inserted into your CD-RW drive. How to check if blank CD is in the CDROM drive?? Using DeviceIoControl function with IOCTL_STORAGE_CHECK_VERIFY to determine if media is in drive. ngsteve@my-deja.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<976e0586.0405242248.355c055a@posting.google.c...

Numbering paragraphs
Office 2007 - Word I want to have my document organized with numbered topics. 1 first 1.1 yyyyy 1.2 zzzz 2 second 2.1 aaaa 2.2 bbbb 2.2.1 more I am using the standard styles for my heading style (Heading 1, Heading 2....) Modify the style (Heading 1, for example), "Define New Number format" using the number style 1, 2, 3, ... then setting the Number format to 1.. This works fine for the first level. Now modifying Heading 2 with Number stype 1, 2, 3, ... and setting the format to 1.1 I getting the following: 1 heading 1 1.1 xxx 1.2 xxxx 2 Heading 2 1.1 ...

ExchangePerflog.dat #2
and can it be deleted? -- jimbo345 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=exchangeperflog.dat -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jimbo345" <jimbo345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CA01F76-6106-49E1-A6CB-099E683F6405@microsoft.com... > and can it be deleted? > -- > jimbo345 ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?d=E9pannage?=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4D495.529BBBD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable depuis quelques temps, je n'arrive plus =E0 transmettre de pi=E9ces = jointes =E0 l'appui de mes messages, transmission tr=E9s longue help merci ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C4D495.529BBBD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

sharing workbook #2
i have a sheet, which i want to share it with others. i want others t append data to it on a continuos basis and all that data should b saved. can somebody "teach " me how to go about it? for eg: i want to record login and logout time by employees in a x sheet. this login and logout time would be entered by the employee themselves, against their names that is in a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Need a formula #2
Does any body know a formula that calculates the point where two exponential lines cross in the future. Thanks -- Domingos Junqueira What are the formulas for the two exponential lines? I'm guessing they intersect where Y1=Y2 and X1=X2. "Microsoft" <domingos.cjm@globo.com> wrote in message news:eO1UwoSsFHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does any body know a formula that calculates the point where two > exponential lines cross in the future. > > Thanks > > -- > Domingos Junqueira > I'm using this formula for calculate de intercepti...

1 + 1 = 0
I have a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. Throughout the spreadsheet I have sum formulas referencing cells within a worksheet and from other worksheets. All of a sudden, some of the sum formulas are returning 0 values when there are numbers that are being added (an no negative numbers). I can't find any pattern to which ones work and which don't. I can say that: They are all curency formated cells. It doesn't matter is I do a formula like =A1+A2 or =SUM (A1:A2) The columns summed that are returning 0s are not referencing cells from other worksheets, but some of the c...