[Error number: 0x8002802B] is driving me CRAZY!!!

Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm no
longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor Microsoft
update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
worked.
Does anyone know what should I do?
Thank you very much, in advance!

Laurian

NB
I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
Laurian

Crossposted to the windowsupdate newsgroup

--
Peter

"Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm no longer
> able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor Microsoft update web
> pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing worked.
> Does anyone know what should I do?
> Thank you very much, in advance!
>
> Laurian
>
> NB
> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
Peter
1/9/2010 7:43:13 PM
8002802b = Create_object_failed

Is Automatic Updates enabled and still working?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

NB: If you're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection, none of the
following will be worthwhile!...

Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
error and cannot display the requested page":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226

You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
the requested page" error message when you try to install an update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614

How do I reset Windows Update components?:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

"Laurian COADA" wrote:
>> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm
>> no
>> longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor
>> Microsoft
>> update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
>> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
>> worked. Does anyone know what should I do?
>> Thank you very much, in advance!
>>
>> Laurian
>>
>> NB
>> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
PA
1/9/2010 7:59:54 PM
Try Microsoft's� Windows Update Repair Tool. Download it here
http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

"Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm no
> longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor Microsoft
> update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
> worked.
> Does anyone know what should I do?
> Thank you very much, in advance!
>
> Laurian
>
> NB
> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
The
1/9/2010 10:47:55 PM
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:47:55 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com>
wrote:

>Try Microsoft's� Windows Update Repair Tool. Download it here
>http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email
0

Laurian

"The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com> wrote in message
> Try Microsoft's� Windows Update Repair Tool. Download it here
> http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>

> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
> waste your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>

> "Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm
>> no longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor
>> Microsoft update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
>> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
>> worked.
>> Does anyone know what should I do?
>> Thank you very much, in advance!
>>
>> Laurian
>>
>> NB
>> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
Laurian
1/10/2010 1:32:23 AM
Dear Robear Dyer,

Automatic Updates is enabled.
Avast Antivirus Beta - is not the one in culprit, I tested that.
SUERAntispyware free edition - it's not working in real-time.
No third-party firewall.
I tried Norton and McAfee a very long time ago, just for testing purposes.
No other third-party installed software's are in culprit - I tested that
too.

Laurian

> 8002802b = Create_object_failed
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled and still working?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
> NB: If you're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection, none of the
> following will be worthwhile!...
>
> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
> error and cannot display the requested page":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>
> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614
>
> How do I reset Windows Update components?:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> "Laurian COADA" wrote:
>>> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm
>>> no
>>> longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor
>>> Microsoft
>>> update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
>>> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
>>> worked. Does anyone know what should I do?
>>> Thank you very much, in advance!
>>>
>>> Laurian
>>>
>>> NB
>>> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
Laurian
1/10/2010 1:35:34 AM
Did you try both Default and Aggressive mode? if so then try my Svchosts Fix
tool instead of Microsoft's. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

> Didn't worked!!!
> Anyway thank you for both, the link and the warning.
>
> Laurian
>

> "The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com> wrote in message
>> Try Microsoft's� Windows Update Repair Tool. Download it here
>> http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>>

>> --
>> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
>> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
>> waste your time.
>> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>>

>> "Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Since the last web components get updated (more then half year ago) I'm
>>> no longer able to run a manual update neither on Windows update nor
>>> Microsoft update web pages. It says [Error number: 0x8002802B].
>>> I tried all the methods described on web (I Google it for) and nothing
>>> worked.
>>> Does anyone know what should I do?
>>> Thank you very much, in advance!
>>>
>>> Laurian
>>>
>>> NB
>>> I'm running Windows XP, latest SP with all patches, and IE8.

0
The
1/10/2010 4:50:05 AM
Yes, I tried both - default and aggressive modes.
I'll give it a try to your Svchosts Fix.
Once again thank you for your and anybody else support.

> Did you try both Default and Aggressive mode? if so then try my Svchosts
> Fix tool instead of Microsoft's. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>

> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
> waste your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>

> "Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Didn't worked!!!
>> Anyway thank you for both, the link and the warning.
>>
>> Laurian
>>

>> "The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com> wrote in message
>>> Try Microsoft's� Windows Update Repair Tool. Download it here
>>> http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>>>

>>> --
>>> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>>> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
>>> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
>>> waste your time.
>>> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>>>

>>> "Laurian COADA" <lauriancoada@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Laurian
1/10/2010 10:27:39 AM
You appear to be quite tech-savvy, so time you switched to Ubuntu
Linux ... you won't have all these problems there. If you still want
to run XP, then run it thru Sun's Virtualbox from within Linux. I also
used to have all the problems you are now having, but solved it this
way a couple of years back.

On Jan 10, 3:27=A0am, "Laurian COADA" <laurianco...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I tried both - default and aggressive modes.
> I'll give it a try to your Svchosts Fix.
> Once again thank you for your and anybody else support.
>
> Laurian
>
> "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in messagenews:4b495b25$0$2314=
6$88263eea@blocknews.net...

> > Did you try both Default and Aggressive mode? if so then try my Svchost=
> > Fix tool instead of Microsoft's. Download it herehttp://www.ms-mvp.org/
>
> > --
> > The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> > *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> > They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
> > waste your time.
> > David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>
> > "Laurian COADA" <laurianco...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Didn't worked!!!
> >> Anyway thank you for both, the link and the warning.
>
> >> Laurian
>
> >> "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote in message

I'm

0
Jaibaba
1/10/2010 3:42:56 PM
On Jan 10, 10:42=A0am, Jaibaba Bholanath <jaibaba.bholan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You appear to be quite tech-savvy, so time you switched to Ubuntu
> Linux ... you won't have all these problems there. If you still want
> to run XP, then run it thru Sun's Virtualbox from within Linux. I also
> used to have all the problems you are now having, but solved it this
> way a couple of years back.

Switching does not equal solving.
0
Jose
1/10/2010 3:54:08 PM

On Jan 10, 8:54=A0am, Jose <jose_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 10:42=A0am, Jaibaba Bholanath <jaibaba.bholan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You appear to be quite tech-savvy, so time you switched to Ubuntu
> > Linux ... you won't have all these problems there. If you still want
> > to run XP, then run it thru Sun's Virtualbox from within Linux. I also
> > used to have all the problems you are now having, but solved it this
> > way a couple of years back.
>
> Switching does not equal solving.

Who cares? Solving is worthwhile only when the solution is useful.
Anyway, I heard MS is going to ditch XP since they want to push people
to use 7. They couldn't do it with Vista becoz it never worked
properly. So switching will not be an option much longer, it will be
essential.
0
Jaibaba
1/10/2010 4:04:13 PM
1a. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

1b. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1a above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

4. Repeat Step #2.

5. Double-click on the file you saved in #1b above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

Test.

Laurian COADA wrote:
> Automatic Updates is enabled.
> Avast Antivirus Beta - is not the one in culprit, I tested that.
> SUERAntispyware free edition - it's not working in real-time.
> No third-party firewall.
> I tried Norton and McAfee a very long time ago, just for testing purposes.
> No other third-party installed software's are in culprit - I tested that
> too.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> 8002802b = Create_object_failed
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled and still working?

>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>>
>> NB: If you're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection, none of the
>> following will be worthwhile!...
>>
>> Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update Web
>> site on a Windows XP-based computer: "Windows Update has encountered an
>> error and cannot display the requested page":
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226
>>
>> You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
>> the requested page" error message when you try to install an update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614
>>
>> How do I reset Windows Update components?:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com

0
PA
1/10/2010 11:54:50 PM
On Jan 10, 4:54=A0pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1a. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:ftp://ftp=
..symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_...

> 1b. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
> desktop:http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches=
/MCP...

> 2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskba=
r).

> 3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1a above to run the utility. Do=
n't
> TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.
>
> 4. Repeat Step #2.
>
> 5. Double-click on the file you saved in #1b above to run the utility. Do=
n't
> TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.
>
> Test.

Good one ...
Should not this be followed up with "regedit" and then delete
everything with Symantec, Norton and McAfee? Or do those two links
take care of that?

0
Jaibaba
1/11/2010 6:24:39 AM
Who are you and why are you posting in this thread?

Jaibaba Bholanath wrote:
> On Jan 10, 4:54 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1a. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your
>> desktop:ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_...
>>
>> 1b. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
>> desktop:http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCP...
>>
>> 2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the
>> taskbar).
>>
>> 3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1a above to run the utility.
>> Don't
>> TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.
>>
>> 4. Repeat Step #2.
>>
>> 5. Double-click on the file you saved in #1b above to run the utility.
>> Don't
>> TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.
>>
>> Test.
>>

> Good one ...
> Should not this be followed up with "regedit" and then delete
> everything with Symantec, Norton and McAfee? Or do those two links
> take care of that?

0
PA

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Columns are Numbered rather than lettered?
All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather than the traditional letters. What went wrong and how do I correct this? Hi, Pre xl 2007 versions: Select menu item Tools->Options->General tab and uncheck R1C1 reference style. If using xl2007 then click the microsoft button top left of screen, select Excel Options towards bottom right of dialog box then formulas and it is under Working with formulas. -- Regards, OssieMac "Firman" wrote: > All of my columns in my worksheets suddenly have come up with numbers rather > than the tradit...

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table
Hi, I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table: I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver. I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal place. Ratio 0.000118019 0.0000012 0.0000014 0.0000028 0.000001488 But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero. How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table ? TIA Leon Works by me. No data loss. HTH -- AP "Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb9...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

How to: calculate number of pieces when seperated by a '/' symbol
Hi all, I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a '/' symbol. i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces i.e. 999999 equals one piece i.e. 999999/88/77 equals three pieces Thank you in advanced. Hi Here's one way: =LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"/",""))+1 -- Andy. "Mas" <mas13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1TWo1tVFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a > '/' symbol. > > i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces > ...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

error messages #3
I had the error message... > cannot SKU011.cab I soved this by following the instructions listed here. > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/Profile/?referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fvssetup%2fthread%2f5493e068-01d3-4e96-a9b1-58020bc94e69%2f&rh=YI7rGXc4iv4rR%2b2JUZeQQv4OEnxWySPD0w%2bJjbDQwzE%3d > Then I received the error message... > 1311 source not found C:\MSOCache\All > Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015204838309\PA561401.CAB > I do not have the install disks for Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My > computer was build by som...