Windows 7 install

This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues.
Pleae advise

I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with
Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous
machine with the Outlook program.

Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive and
the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because there
are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting error
messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is because
of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?

When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?

Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do it
so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.

I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working perfectly
fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly though
it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to set
the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
Could you kindly advise?
--
BTB

windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0125_01CA6FF7.D10F5A50

there is a free file translator at ms that may help you.

search at ms for free readers and check for the converter that works =
with the versions you have.

mikeyhsd@hotmail.com

  "btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 =
issues.=20
  Pleae advise

  I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with=20
  Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the =
previous=20
  machine with the Outlook program.

  Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm =
impressed=20
  with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For =
some=20
  reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external =
drive and=20
  the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because =
there=20
  are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using =
outlook =20
  2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting =
error=20
  messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is =
because=20
  of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?

  When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import =
and=20
  export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has =

  returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How =
to=20
  resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?

  Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd =
do it=20
  so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it =

  allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.

  I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in =
Windows 7=20
  because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working =
perfectly=20
  fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit =

  driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly =
though=20
  it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will =
not=20
  print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option =
to set=20
  the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down =
menu? =20
  Could you kindly advise?
  --=20
  BTB
  --=20

------=_NextPart_000_0125_01CA6FF7.D10F5A50

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16444"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>there is a free file translator at ms =
that may help=20
you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>search at ms for free readers and check =
for the=20
converter that works with the versions you have.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%" scrollAmount=3D2=20
scrollDelay=3D9><A=20
href=3D"mailto:mikeyhsd@hotmail.com">mikeyhsd@hotmail.com</A></MARQUEE></=
FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"btbgold" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com">btbgold@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:BBABF3BC-9C02-406F-8AC9-C770F3003522@microsoft.com">news:BBA=
BF3BC-9C02-406F-8AC9-C770F3003522@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>This=20
  is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues. =
<BR>Pleae=20
  advise<BR><BR><BR>I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows =
seven 64=20
  bit with <BR>Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine.&nbsp; All was =
stable on=20
  the previous <BR>machine with the Outlook program.<BR><BR>Everything =
is=20
  working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed <BR>with =
the voice=20
  recognition.&nbsp; Unfortunately Outlook has problems.&nbsp; For some=20
  <BR>reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external =
drive=20
  and <BR>the normal import and export facility.&nbsp; In addition, =
possibly=20
  because there <BR>are messages going back&nbsp; to 2004 when I was =
probably=20
  still using outlook&nbsp; <BR>2003 the archived files have not come =
across an=20
  all and I keep getting error <BR>messages when I try to use the =
archive=20
  facility.&nbsp; I presume this is because <BR>of the change in 2003 on =
the=20
  .PST files?&nbsp; How to resolve?<BR><BR>When I tried to bring =
messages across=20
  again using the standard import and <BR>export facility I'm now =
getting a=20
  message "the messaging interface has <BR>returned an unknown =
error.&nbsp; If=20
  problem persists restart outlook "&nbsp; How to <BR>resolve asclearly=20
  restarting doesn't work?<BR><BR>Indeed, if I have to reload this whole =
thing=20
  could you advise how I'd do it <BR>so that all the data it goes and =
the=20
  default mail account goes with it <BR>allowing a clean reload which =
may of=20
  course have to happen.<BR><BR>I am also copying this to a different =
section of=20
  these forums in Windows 7 <BR>because I have a at Samsung Laser =
printer ML=20
  1610 which was working perfectly <BR>fine before windows 7 and for =
which I=20
  have downloaded&nbsp; windows 764 bit <BR>driver. In the device =
manager it=20
  shows the printer is working properly though <BR>it is still showing a =
yellow=20
  coloured error icon and obviously will not <BR>print.&nbsp; On right =
clicking=20
  the printer in the control box&nbsp; the option to set <BR>the printer =
as the=20
  default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?&nbsp; <BR>Could =
you=20
  kindly advise?<BR>-- <BR>BTB<BR>-- <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0125_01CA6FF7.D10F5A50--

0
mikeyhsd
11/28/2009 12:55:48 PM
"btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues.
> Pleae advise
>

> I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with
> Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous
> machine with the Outlook program.
>
> Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
> with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
> reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive
> and
> the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because
> there
> are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
> 2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting
> error
> messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is
> because
> of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?
>
> When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
> export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
> returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
> resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?
>
> Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do
> it
> so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
> allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.
>
> I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
> because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working
> perfectly
> fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
> driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly
> though
> it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
> print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to
> set
> the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
> Could you kindly advise?
> --
> BTB
> --

You would probably be better off asking this in an Outlook group.
Are you able to import the 2003 archived files into 2007 on your XP machine?
If so, are you able to then re-archive them using 2007? If so, then you
might be able to import them into 2007 on your Win7 machine.

Did you uninstall all drivers before trying to install the 64-bit ones? Is
it connected through a USB port? If so, do your USB ports show up correctly
in Device Manager? I don't know about Samsung's installation procedure, but
my HP's all required that I install the drivers before connecting the
printer, usually with at least one reboot in there somewhere.

There is a Windows 7 group, but not on the MS servers, and it seems that not
all ISP's carry it either. It's alt.windows7.general.

SC Tom

0
SC
11/28/2009 1:59:17 PM

Windows 7 Forums

TechNet for IT Professionals:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Windows 7 Answers Forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

0
JS
11/28/2009 2:33:07 PM
Import / Export is never the way to move native outlook data, excepting in a
few specific cases.
Configure outlook on your PC with a new Profile, new data file and your
accounts. Test the accounts.
Copy any & all data files (pst's) from the old drive to Documents folder on
the new PC (with OL closed)
Within Outlook on new open you old primary pst file. (File>Open>Data File)
You then have choices - copy, drag & drop data from old set of Personal
folders to the new, or simply leave the old set open
(There is no change / difference between 2003 or 2007 format pst)

"btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues.
> Pleae advise
>

> I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with
> Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine.  All was stable on the previous
> machine with the Outlook program.
>
> Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed
> with the voice recognition.  Unfortunately Outlook has problems.  For some
> reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive
> and
> the normal import and export facility.  In addition, possibly because
> there
> are messages going back  to 2004 when I was probably still using outlook
> 2003 the archived files have not come across an all and I keep getting
> error
> messages when I try to use the archive facility.  I presume this is
> because
> of the change in 2003 on the .PST files?  How to resolve?
>
> When I tried to bring messages across again using the standard import and
> export facility I'm now getting a message "the messaging interface has
> returned an unknown error.  If problem persists restart outlook "  How to
> resolve asclearly restarting doesn't work?
>
> Indeed, if I have to reload this whole thing could you advise how I'd do
> it
> so that all the data it goes and the default mail account goes with it
> allowing a clean reload which may of course have to happen.
>
> I am also copying this to a different section of these forums in Windows 7
> because I have a at Samsung Laser printer ML 1610 which was working
> perfectly
> fine before windows 7 and for which I have downloaded  windows 764 bit
> driver. In the device manager it shows the printer is working properly
> though
> it is still showing a yellow coloured error icon and obviously will not
> print.  On right clicking the printer in the control box  the option to
> set
> the printer as the default printer is actually not in the drop down menu?
> Could you kindly advise?
> --
> BTB

DL
11/28/2009 5:32:33 PM
"SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
> There is a Windows 7 group, but not on the MS servers, and it seems that
> not all ISP's carry it either. It's alt.windows7.general.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices   is the closest bet for
win7.

Regards,
--pa

0
Pavel

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Install error : report module
Hi, does someone met such message error when loading the Crystal report module ? " Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains. Source Error: Line 5: <assemblies> Line 6: <add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy, Version=1.0.0000.0, Culture=neutr...

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...